• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
speedpop said:
People still go out of their way to get the legendary items and such to wear and never feel ashamed to wear lvl 60 or lvl 70 gear. It's called RP realms. There's this one guy on my server who struts around with the Azzinoth blades and blindfold just like any other Demon Hunter.

Do that on a normal realm and people would laugh at you. What's funny is that most, if not all, players keep some sort of weapon or armor in their bank for nostalgic purposes or because it looks cool - which is practically the same thing.

Is there a way to look like one of the Night Elf sentinels, glaive included? I would start the quest to get all the pieces tonight if so.

Yes I am on a RP realm. ;)

What's the deal with Archaeology anyway? It trained it but haven't actually tried to level it yet. What are all these crazy purples you can get from it? And how do you get them?

Dina

Flib said:
What is the sort of standard gear level for a kill in Baradin? Mix of 333's and 346's ok?

Euhm, yes. But it requires a finely balanced group setup. Two healers, two tanks, rest dps. And thus the healers have to heal up both the tanks (only one at a time gets hit, but does get hit very hard) and a few raidmembers damage. Also has a 5 min enrage timer, which we barely made.

So do we have an alliance euro guild? If not I'd like to welcome all of you to my guild The Dingleberries on Daggerspine server. Just PM Inconti there or send me a pm here. We are very casual, but I hope that we could atleast get to raid in the future when we have enough nice people in the guild. I don't want any douchebags.

A few guildies + trade chat zerg =

ws.jpg

I was frapsing the whole thing too, was pretty epic, despite some weird "line of sight" issues and an insane hitbox :lol :lol

In other news, all that archaeology grinding paid off! First canopic jar, second Tol'vir artifact overall, woo

ssd.jpg

Dunlop

The wow forums are killing me,

Priests get a buff to their mana regen so we are actually playable without having to drink after every trash pull and not wiping the party should an idiot outside the tank take aggro...and their are multiple posts of priests complaining that we need to be nerfed.

There is one dude who admits he is a disc priest and hasn't actually played since the patch who is calling for a Holy nerf on multiple threads

It's great that I can actually use another spell outside of heal again.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I liked the idea of an epic ravasaur mount in ungoro until i noticed it's a daily which you need to do 20 times. But it's still cool, I might end up trying to do it, better than the goblin mech vehicle.

Raide

evlcookie said:
I liked the idea of an epic ravasaur mount in ungoro until i noticed it's a daily which you need to do 20 times. But it's still cool, I might end up trying to do it, better than the goblin mech vehicle.

I got it on me BE because I hated the Chicken mount. :lol

mcrae

DeathNote said:
Never said I was skipping gear for the 272 minimum instances. I was going to do the zones at 85 for experience gold. You have to put a lot of effort into arch anyway, why not level by it? It's not for everyone. It's soul draining. Since 84-85 takes 9 million exp I wanted to do the intro dungeons in between dig sites. If that hot fix happens soon (letting 84's and 85's in the starter dungeons with the dungeon finder), I'm good. If it doesn't I'm forced to raise my gear level from 254 to 272 to be able to use the finder. Which shouldn't happen. You should always be able to enter something from 15-85.

at 78 my average ilvl was 265, from spending 600g on 6 or 7 BoE cata greens.... stop bitching and go to your AH.

mcrae

ultron87 said:
Also the fact that the level 80+ wild animals in many of the zones could probably solo a lot of the incredibly powerful creatures we've taken down at lower levels is kind of silly when you think about it.

Level 80 Vash'jr Eel vs MC version of Ragnaros! Fight!

i believe ragnaros had 225k hp or so, no?

Finally hit 525 blacksmithing last night and I was glad I did. While it cost me a ton of cash to grind out (dropped from 33K to 10K gold) I am already back up to 43K gold from selling PvP gear and the epic tanking shield. I also have the epic tanking breastplate up so I should be getting a good chunk of change from that. At one point last night I spent a good hour and a half just running back and forth from the AH, to the mailbox, to the crafting area making gear because it was selling so fast. Actually was a lot of fun and I hope I get to do it again tonight.

Now I just need to grind out a bunch of Chaos Orbs because a bunch of people in my guild want epics.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
omfg.......... after around 20-30 PUGs, yesterday was my first time ever that I had a CLEAN non-heroic pug run (Batol). No deaths, no missed pulls, lots of communication and raid icons.. The frustrating part is I've cleared every normal dungeon with the guild numerous times.. like dozens of normal runs with the guild.. but every time we do a normal run with a PUG, someone does SOMETHING wrong. I honestly don't see where it is, but as I'm doing my thing, whether CC, nuking adds, whatever, then you look over and healer and/or tank are dead and mobs are running wild after DPS. I honestly wish I would have taken names down after (even though they're just BG guys, not server guys) but man.. it felt so good to breeze through grim with a pug and get to the end with a "great job guys, thanks!" something I haven't had once since Cata launched.

Guild runs are pretty much farming, although no one at all wants to run Deadmines unless it comes up on random.. lol.... I still have to get through most of them, but with ventrillo and deep experience on every one getting through all of them except the deadmines lasers seems to be somewhat of little effort now.

Randy

borghe said:
omfg.......... after around 20-30 PUGs, yesterday was my first time ever that I had a CLEAN non-heroic pug run (Batol). No deaths, no missed pulls, lots of communication and raid icons.. The frustrating part is I've cleared every normal dungeon with the guild numerous times.. like dozens of normal runs with the guild.. but every time we do a normal run with a PUG, someone does SOMETHING wrong. I honestly don't see where it is, but as I'm doing my thing, whether CC, nuking adds, whatever, then you look over and healer and/or tank are dead and mobs are running wild after DPS. I honestly wish I would have taken names down after (even though they're just BG guys, not server guys) but man.. it felt so good to breeze through grim with a pug and get to the end with a "great job guys, thanks!" something I haven't had once since Cata launched.

Guild runs are pretty much farming, although no one at all wants to run Deadmines unless it comes up on random.. lol.... I still have to get through most of them, but with ventrillo and deep experience on every one getting through all of them except the deadmines lasers seems to be somewhat of little effort now.

Why's that?

borghe

Randy said:
Why's that?
two words. la-sers.

basically people have to avoid getting hit by a lot of shit while still doing their jobs. From what some of the guild guys who have done Heroic DMs a few times are saying, it's just brutal already with coordination and ventrillo. there are serious bets on right now that Heroic deadmines won't be reasonably puggable until either a month or two down the line when people are all minimum iLevel 333 with a lot of 346+ and some 359 pieces, or blizzard nerfs Deadmines. It is god damn HARD.

Aurarian

So after some gear upgrades, I'm finding heroics a lot more manageable. Our healer for guild runs is having a much easier time as well. I can't stress enough what a pleasure it is to be in a run with people who can DPS well and have situational awareness. Most of those fights even with the heavy damage are about execution. We've finished everything except Grim Batol and Deadmines on heroic, we're going to do the last two tonight hopefully. Only need a couple of upgrades to be ready for Cata raids I believe.

mclem

DeathNote said:
The intro instances require level 80 and 226. I don't think i'll wipe at 84 and 254.

Don't count on it; levelling utterly cripples your ratings, so without new gear, you may find that your DPS/survivability/healing is much lower at 84 than it would have been at 80.

As a tank, I certainly noticed that I was taking surprisingly more damage even just as I crossed over to 81. The bonus health compensated for that somewhat, but it made life a lot easier when my gear ended up more in tune with my progression.

mclem

Angry Grimace said:
BOP Chaos Orb is the most baffling Blizzard decision ever.

Primal Nethers were BOP at first. I think Frozen Orbs were too, but I'm not certain.

I'm told you can't transfer it within the 2 hour window, though, and that's a bit weird.

Flib

borghe said:
two words. la-sers.

basically people have to avoid getting hit by a lot of shit while still doing their jobs. From what some of the guild guys who have done Heroic DMs a few times are saying, it's just brutal already with coordination and ventrillo. there are serious bets on right now that Heroic deadmines won't be reasonably puggable until either a month or two down the line when people are all minimum iLevel 333 with a lot of 346+ and some 359 pieces, or blizzard nerfs Deadmines. It is god damn HARD.

The lasers are easy, you just have to not be retarded. The whole VC fight is really not that bad once you've seen it, but the rest of the dungeon is tough. There are some pretty awkward pulls, a lot of trash is immune to crowd control and hits insanely. It's definitely doable though, as long as you have a good group. Vent is recommended. The biggest issue with the dungeon is just how long it is. Even if you have no wipes, it still takes forever.

Oh, and depending on your group setup, Admiral Ripsnarl is either fairly simple or unbelievably brutal. Had no issues with him the first time I did him, second guild group I took through had a low geared healer (though a really really good healer) and a class comp made of low burst dps threat. Ended up having to make some of the dps respec to raise their burst capability to get through it.

I spent two and a half hours in heroic grim batol last night, and never got through forgemaster! It was me tanking with two other guildies, a pug priest healer who had the lowest general healing output I've seen recently and a pug hunter who told us he knew how to kite. This was a bold faced lie. Need to go back in there with an actual guild group.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
mclem said:
Don't count on it; levelling utterly cripples your ratings, so without new gear, you may find that your DPS/survivability/healing is much lower at 84 than it would have been at 80.

As a tank, I certainly noticed that I was taking surprisingly more damage even just as I crossed over to 81. The bonus health compensated for that somewhat, but it made life a lot easier when my gear ended up more in tune with my progression.

Yeah, everytime you lvl up, you lose a lot of every secondary stats. I had 40% crit at lvl 80, and went down to 17% at 85, even with all the upgrades i got with better crit rating than my T10. No more guaranteed crits when i have Fingers of Frost procs. :( I assume tanks also lose dodge, parry & block too everytime they get a lvl, while healers lose mp5.

borghe said:
two words. la-sers.

I do not think it is that bad until you get to the last part and having to run through all of that crap. It was actually the second heroic I did (also as a PUG) and we cleared through until that event when we ran into issues. Hell everyone except the melee/tank even got the achievement on the Ogre boss with the floor fire.

mclem said:
I'm told you can't transfer it within the 2 hour window, though, and that's a bit weird.

Yeah that is really annoying since I am doing runs with people who want me to craft epic gear for them. It would be great if they could roll as well and if they won gave me the orb.

borghe said:
two words. la-sers.

Did it in a pug random yesterday and we one shot everything. Only one person had done it before aside from me and I hadn't done it since beta. It's really not that hard, and if you guys have a vent to do it with, your guild really has no excuse unless the members are brain dead.

I'd grinded mining before I un-subbed a long time ago, and saved my mats because I eventually want to level up blacksmithing or engineering.

Now that I'm mining cata stuff, I'm wondering:

Would it be better just to sell all this shit in the post-expansion rush, take the money and buy it all back when I feel like switching professions (which may be a month at least) - should mats drop in price in the coming weeks?

Is there anyway to disable the "Triple XP" bonus that is enabled when playing with a RAF buddy?

My wife and I went into Redridge last night at 20, did the every quest line in the zone, and left at level 25. The Hero's Call quest for Duskwood is showing as green and it seems that the RAF bonus is going to break the already fast pace of the new 1-60 experience.

By the way, Alliance peeps, Redridge is an incredible zone. The entire homage to
Rambo
is awesome!

Ashodin

borghe said:
two words. la-sers.

??????

Did it fairly easy yesterday, well up until the point where the jerkoffs in the run kicked me because they were standing on a ledge to DPS during Foe Reaper. They were yelling "WTF" at me the whole time because I couldn't kill the Molten Slag guys fast enough, and wouldn't listen to oh god, they evade bug when they target you up there!. At least I got my shoulders from it. :D

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/63470 -- Missing Diplomat's Pauldrons

Rapstah

Reluctant-Hero said:
Is there anyway to disable the "Triple XP" bonus that is enabled when playing with a RAF buddy?

My wife and I went into Redridge last night at 20, did the every quest line in the zone, and left at level 25. The Hero's Call quest for Ghostlands is showing as green and it seems that the RAF bonus is going to break the already fast pace of the new 1-60 experience.

By the way, Alliance peeps, Redridge is an incredible zone. The entire homage to
Rambo
is awesome!
Ghostlands is a Burning Crusade zone, you shouldn't feel bad for skipping it.

webrunner

Maxrpg said:
??????

Did it fairly easy yesterday, well up until the point where the jerkoffs in the run kicked me because they were standing on a ledge to DPS during Foe Reaper. They were yelling "WTF" at me the whole time because I couldn't kill the Molten Slag guys fast enough, and wouldn't listen to oh god, they evade bug when they target you up there!. At least I got my shoulders from it. :D

Those might seem cooler, or less cool depending, if you know who the "Missing Diplomat" was:p

Ashodin

webrunner said:
Those might seem cooler, or less cool depending, if you know who the "Missing Diplomat" was:p
I just read up on it, Sweet, Varian Wrynn's old shoulders. And it's cool even that I'm a Horde because Varian might as well be an Orc wearing Human skin :lol

Evlar

Banned
webrunner said:
Haven't done Heroic Deadmines, but just recalling my lore...
Varian, correct?

Got to 85 last night. =)

Now I just need to figure out what to do. Unfortunately, I'm thinking about leveling one of my alts... :lol

Since I don't have a guild, I'm not sure if I should start on heroics now (and pug them while everyone else is still learning), or do heroics once I'm bored of alts (and pug them while everyone expects you know what you're doing).

borghe

Maxrpg said:
??????

ummm.. to be fair, you made it to the third boss and from the sounds of it your PUG was already starting to fall apart. :p

borghe said:
ummm.. to be fair, you made it to the third boss and from the sounds of it your PUG was already starting to fall apart. :p

I didn't realize it until I did it yesterday, but they made the third boss easier since beta. You used to have to drag the boss to the add to "spark" it to life in order to jump in it and use it to tank the other adds. Now they just give it to you at the top of the ramp.

Chavelo

SnakeswithLasers said:
Got to 85 last night. =)

Now I just need to figure out what to do. Unfortunately, I'm thinking about leveling one of my alts... :lol

Since I don't have a guild, I'm not sure if I should start on heroics now (and pug them while everyone else is still learning), or do heroics once I'm bored of alts (and pug them while everyone expects you know what you're doing).

Eh, go with leveling an alt. Want professions do you have? If they're just crafting, then do the rep dailies for the day while on queue for the random dailies (heroic and normal). After that, just log off and get on an alt with two gathering professions or something...

/cries about having his hunter main with engineering and leatherworking with no gathering alts :-(

Bisnic

Reluctant-Hero said:

My wife and I went into Redridge last night at 20, did the every quest line in the zone, and left at level 25. The Hero's Call quest for Ghostlands is showing as green and it seems that the RAF bonus is going to break the already fast pace of the new 1-60 experience.

Rambo
is awesome!

Im confused.. Ghostlands is a horde lvling zone. Yet you are Alliance. Did you meant Duskwood(since its another dark corrupted zone)?

Bisnic said:
Im confused.. Ghostlands is a horde lvling zone. Yet you are Alliance. Did you meant Duskwood(since its another dark corrupted zone)?
Ugh, yes I meant Duskwoood. Sorry!

But is there anyway to disable the triple XP from RAF?

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
It still blows my mind that the supposedly good developers at Blizzard can make something so horrible as Tol Barad. It is like a game design someone comes up with when they are in the first grade.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
mclem said:
Primal Nethers were BOP at first. I think Frozen Orbs were too, but I'm not certain.

It's because people winning the orbs would try to sell them to party members.

Frozen Orbs were never BoP.

Ferrio said:
Tell me leveling archeology gets better/easier. I've hit 130 and it's sooo slow.
I'm pretty sure Archeology isn't for me. I'm at somewhere between 35-50 and can't stomach it. And I'm still getting skill ups just by visiting the dig sites.

Sai-kun

Banned
Did a guild run of Heroic Grim Batol. Took us a little over 3 hour but god damn that was fun. We wiped a lot, swore a lot, cried a lot, and laughed a lot (especially the priest, who was trolling me with leap of faith, causing me to run off a ledge to my doom :()

Also pugged Heroic Deadmines with my bf, and that took almost 3 hours. It was good, but not as satisfying as Grim Batol was. In GB I felt really good when the Mage and I would CC our targets, and the pull would be perfect, but in DM it didn't feel like my CC made a difference.

I also want one of the new drakes. Want want want.

Bisnic

Sai-kun said:

So do I. They have that little something that the bronze, red, blue, black, albino, etc. drakes lacked.

Oh yeah. They actually look badass.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Ugh...so tired of quests just ending....2-3 times now I am cruising along and they just stop and I have to scour a zone for something to start it up again.

Since I just got my pally to 85 and I’m not entirely motivated to keep playing as her, help me decide who to level next if i go that way.

I wouldn’t mind having another healer, and right now I have the other healing classes at:

Druid 72
Priest 72
Shaman 53

I’m leaning toward shaman because I think they might be the most fun solo (enhancement is where my heart is). But how is Shadow right now? I just wish I wouldn’t have bought plate heirlooms, so useless now that my warrior and paladin are 80/85.

Milpool

Sai-kun said:

Bisnic said:
So do I. They have that little something that the bronze, red, blue, black, albino, etc. drakes lacked.

Oh yeah. They actually look badass.

I'm going for Drake of the West Wind, seems pretty easy to get, just takes a bit of time. And I think I prefer it's look compared to the others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom