• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Ferrio said:
Wasn't archaeology originally suppose to work along side the titan stuff that got nixed?
The benefits turned out to just be what we call Major Glyphs.

shintoki said:
I'd take a guess that part of it is that Healers have to get used to being actually intelligent again, and not another Mage after WOTLK :lol
What? Healing has nothing to do with intelligence, it has to do with masochism right now.

funkmastergeneral said:
Use primal strike until level 40, then use storm strike. Windfury on your mainhand and flametongue on your offhand, drop searing totem because it buffs Lava Lash damage by a shit ton. Flameshock is the shock to use, but once a mob has the DoT use earth shock instead.

There's really not much to it. Have any specific questions?
I'm looking for a place that has good info on the priority rotation, glyph selection, talent builds. You know, theorycraft stuff.

Not just for leveling specifically, but to learn the right way while I'm leveling. I know you can be brain dead and get to max level in no time. I just like to do things right so when I start facing tougher challenges, I know what to do.

SnakeswithLasers said:
I'm looking for a place that has good info on the priority rotation, glyph selection, talent builds. You know, theorycraft stuff.

Not just for leveling specifically, but to learn the right way while I'm leveling. I know you can be brain dead and get to max level in no time. I just like to do things right so when I start facing tougher challenges, I know what to do.

check out this thread

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/981898388?page=1

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just healed the Cata VoA boss... so fucking fun. Good lord, I love this game.

Angry Grimace said:
I don't think you'd be too happy if you got your wish that and the game in general was just really hard.

You've always got hard modes if that's what you want out of the game.

I consider myself a reasonably good healer, but I'm genuinely concerned about even bothering to heal a random. I suppose we'll find out when I get my Priest or Druid to the leveling process.

Actually, you probably won't find out until 85 (maybe 84), at least from my experience. My shaman, having pretty decent gear, as well as some new greens and blues, was healed Stonecore at 82 like it was nothing. Not even near OOM, and I could keep everyone topped off. He's 83 now, and I think I just did a dungeon as Elemental at 83, so I can't say for certain, but I don't really think you start to feel the kick of the new healing model until 84 or 85 when your ratings really start to lose value.

Alex

The VoA boss, which completely ignores most of the new healing mechanics, is by far the most fun thing I've healed so far in Cata. Will def agree that it is an amusing one. It stresses the mana, but in a good way.

Got to use every part of my toolbox on it, which is what the appeal of this new model is supposed to be (

ultron87

So got into a group for Stonecore after a 30 minute DPS queue. We fight two packs of mobs, the tank says "AFK taking nap".

We sit there for ten minutes waiting to boot him since we couldn't requeue to get a new member until the dungeon finder cooled down (is that actually how that works?) Finally, it does cool down, and I initiate a vote to kick him. No one votes because they are apparently also AFK. I give them a few minutes, and then try to kick again to no avail.

I misdirect a pack of mobs into where they are all sitting down for wasting 45 minutes of my time (queue + sitting our asses in dungeon) and leave the party.

Does this make me a bad person?

Alex

ultron87 said:
So got into a group for Stonecore after a 30 minute DPS queue. We fight two packs of mobs, the tank says "AFK taking nap".

We sit there for ten minutes waiting to boot him since we couldn't requeue to get a new member until the dungeon finder cooled down (is that actually how that works?) Finally, it does cool down, and I initiate a vote to kick him. No one votes because they are apparently also AFK. I give them a few minutes, and then try to kick again to no avail.

I misdirect a pack of mobs into where they are all sitting down for wasting 45 minutes of my time (queue + sitting our asses in dungeon) and leave the party.

Does this make me a bad person?

No, rock on as far as I'm concerned, fuck people who behave like this in dungeons. Wasting everyones time, acting like an ass. We queue in half guild groups usually, and we have a lot of fun when we get some nice folks in, and we don't mind teaching or extending some patience to fresh players but man we have def had to drop the boot on a lot of nitwits in the past couple days. Lots of rage issues among some. Impatience abound as well, some kiddies are not taking well to the required CC and planning in these dungeons.

Some of these bosses are actually really, really complex for heroic bosses, plenty closer to like Ulduar 10 normal than anything. So it might take a pull or two for folks to get down some of the mechanics, especially in the actiony ones, but lots of dummies just aren't having that.

More of anything, I've seen:

-Pug guy comes in at boss

-We explain boss

-Simple mistake is made, pug guy freaks out, calls everyone stupid, exits (and is replaced by the queue instantly).

Really good use of that ginormous DPS queue time. :lol

Twig

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
You're like a child that walks into the middle of a movie and wants to know what's going on.

Stay in your lane.
Every other post you make is bitching about someone else bitching so if you're allowed to bitch about bitching then I'm allowed to bitch about bitching about bitching.

Bitch.

Alex

If anyone missed it , they're doing large packs of hotfixes like every day at the moment:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1232869#blog

Here are todays:

December 16

General

Bonuses from Embrace of the Shale Spider and Blessing of Forgotten Kings can no longer stack.
Completing Archaeology projects will once again contribute to the guild achievement Making History once the player relogs.
The Orgrimmar portal to Mount Hyjal should now appear for players who flew directly into Hyjal to start questing, rather than take the Moonglade portal.
The old and busted Winter's Veil decorations in Brill have been disabled.

Classes
Paladins

Ancient Power now has a 30-second maximum duration and will properly be canceled when zoning or relogging.
Glyph of Seal of Insight now correctly increases healing done by Word of Glory and Light of Dawn while Seal of Insight is active.

Shaman
The Mana Tide Totem hotfix from yesterday has been reverted. The Mana Tide buff no longer stacks, as this had a major impact on encounter design.

Warlocks
It is no longer possible to waste a Soulstone by attempting to use it on a dead target. The player will receive an Invalid Target error message at the completion of their channel. In a future patch, we intend this functionality to work correctly, allowing a Soulstone to be used to instantly resurrect a dead target.

Dungeons & Raids

Halls of Origination
The damage of Fireballs automatically cast by Temple Fireshaper with Molten Barrier active has been adjusted in normal and Heroic difficulty.
The damage of Pact of Darkness cast by Temple Shadowlancer has been adjusted in normal and Heroic difficulty.

Lost City of Tol'vir
Siamat will cast Deflecting Winds after a few seconds of entering combat regardless of any abilities used against him at the start of the encounter.
The damage of Dust Flail cast by Lockmaw has been adjusted in normal difficulty.

The Stonecore
The Crystal Shards creatures in the Corborus encounter are now level 86, down from 88.

Items

Both normal and Heroic versions of Heart of Ignacious apply 20-second cooldowns on other similar items, rather than the full 2-minute duration.
Shroud of Dark Memories and Shade of Death now have different stats.

Professions

Pyrite Ore is prospectable at 500 Jewelcrafting skill, down from 525.
Darkbrew Lager can be learned at 415 Cooking skill, down from 425.
The Engineering item High-Powered Bolt Gun can no longer be used in Arena and Rated Battleground matches.
Engineers can now purchase Smooth Cogwheels from Frank Natale using 4x Handful of Obsidium Bolts.

I want to get into WoW so badly but I refuse to pay full price for WotLK knowing that it was $10 a few weeks ago. I didnt buy it then cause I thought Blizzard would be kind enough to have the sale go on through Christmas.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Twig said:
Every other post you make is bitching about someone else bitching so if you're allowed to bitch about bitching then I'm allowed to bitch about bitching about bitching.

Bitch.
You really should have taken my advice and realized you're out of your element instead of getting angry when you didn't have anything to add.

First off, the conversation is about J-rzez prematurely complaining that the encounters aren't tuned hard enough. You would have known that if you had any kind of context or even bothered to find out. Second, it's a discussion, not an argument; the fact that people disagree over something doesn't mean its go-time. The only person getting angry is you, because you're apparently a hypersensitive weirdo.

Again; stay in your lane. Save the angry internet guy routine for a thread that's not about World of Warcraft, psycho.

notworksafe

Angry Grimace said:
You really should have taken my advice and realized you're out of your element
I9zf1ugA0kgjiiakBPgZYzI4o1_500.jpg

Angry Grimace

notworksafe said:
http://25.media.tumblr.com/I9zf1ugA0kgjiiakBPgZYzI4o1_500.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
You couldn't have possibly missed the reference in the first post.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
FOSSILIZED RAPTOR :D :D :D

Yoshichan

Devolution said:
Ugh you can really tell who started WoW during Wrath and expects their hand to be held.
Give them 2 more weeks to adapt. If they haven't by then, kick them out of the group asap.

Coeliacus

Random story time. I was in a pug in Utgarde while leveling and it was typical pug... yknow the ones where no one talks and people do whatever the hell they want. Half way through the run a hunter complains that some dude isn't sharing the skinning, and shortly after he pulls 5 packs and bails on the group (it's so weird that people can leave instance with aggro). Anyway, I healed through all of the pulls after going OOM (first time ever in instance as holy spec priest lol), dying and healing as the angel thing which I'd never used before. I felt like such a hero afterward, and it finally made healing really fun. :D

Damn random other server people. I wish I could message the sob and rub it in his face. We finished the rest of the instance with 4 people as a tribute for how little we needed that stupid hunter.

Also to pugging folks who are leveling, is anyone noticing that tanks have become really goddamn flaky? Did 4 instances yesterday with the same group of people, but we went through at least 8 tanks due to their afk or just random leaving whenever they goddamn feel like it. There were no wipes (even bosses our rogue tanked while we waited) or loot disputes so I have no idea what the deal was.

Angry Grimace

Devolution said:
Ugh you can really tell who started WoW during Wrath and expects their hand to be held.
While I understand the sentiment, but step into the shoes of those players.

It wouldn't be fun for you either if you were suddenly told it was going to be several times more unforgiving. The game is supposed to be fun; those players aren't out to not have fun or ruin your fun, they just don't really understand the concept of the game suddenly getting far more difficult.

I don't know. I just don't understand why players get angry at other people rather than just leaving the group, or finding a guild that they can play with. Expecting the randomly formed group to have high skills is about as reasonable of an expectation as those players expecting the content to be easy.

Angry Grimace said:
While I understand the sentiment, but step into the shoes of those players.

It wouldn't be fun for you either if you were suddenly told it was going to be several times more unforgiving. The game is supposed to be fun; those players aren't out to not have fun or ruin your fun, they just don't really understand the concept of the game suddenly getting far more difficult.

I don't know. I just don't understand why players get angry at other people rather than just leaving the group, or finding a guild that they can play with. Expecting the randomly formed group to have high skills is about as reasonable of an expectation as those players expecting the content to be easy.

Dude the game has never been exceedingly more difficult, people just want easymode all the way through and refuse to realize that it's back to the way it should be. CC, mana-management and actual strategy for encounters. Wrath was just target everything and smash.

I don't sympathize with those players at all. They just want everything handed to them on a silver platter and whine incessantly about difficulty. God forbid people earn anything.

Oh and said Wrath joiners will then whine about dying when they broke CC or took on too many mobs, and refuse to learn. And there are so many of them every pug it's ridiculous.

Angry Grimace

Devolution said:
Dude the game has never been exceedingly more difficult, people just want easymode all the way through and refuse to realize that it's back to the way it should be. CC, mana-management and actual strategy for encounters. Wrath was just target everything and smash.

I don't sympathize with those players at all. They just want everything handed to them on a silver platter and whine incessantly about difficulty. God forbid people earn anything.

Oh and said Wrath joiners will then whine about dying when they broke CC or took on too many mobs, and refuse to learn. And there are so many of them every pug it's ridiculous.
I can see why you don't have a guild to just play with.

Angry Grimace said:
I can see why you don't have a guild to just play with.

lol

Actually I do.

Wrath dumbed the player base down. And you're somehow insinuating it's my attitude that makes it my fault these encounters with jerks happen.

What a great poster you are.

Coeliacus

Well I'm glad to hear that new instances are challenging at any rate. Last raiding instance I took seriously was Naxx 40 man, and leveling instances have been a massive snoozefest other than my awesome 'incident' mentioned above.

Angry Grimace

Devolution said:
lol

Actually I do.

Wrath dumbed the player base down. And you're somehow insinuating it's my attitude that makes it my fault these encounters with jerks happen.

What a great poster you are.
"It's not my bad attitude, it's the fact that other players are jerks for not being as good as me, or starting the game at the same time I did."

Insightful, intelligent argument. If we are judging it by insane troll logic.

Alex

I can sympathize with the more recent casual players, Blizzard does an odd job with the leveling game being mostly about story and adventure, then you hit the end game and it's crazy action game mechanics that one shot you instantly, dps rotations and min/maxing. There is however, a big difference between fresh faced players and impatient jackasses. I don't mind lending a hand to the former, but the latter gets the boot almost instantly in our groups.

Still though, It's not just Wrath either, BC was never this hard, not at all, people have odd memories if they're remembering BC quite like this because BC didn't have anywhere near the depth of mechanics and encounter strategy as this in it's heroics. BC just had a more strict gear ladder and less polished class functionality (and CC!).

Wrath, at launch, wasn't actually THAT far removed from the average BC dungeon, it did spike for the easier though, but Wrath launch, I hated Old Kingdom almost much as I hated Sethikk Halls. Gear and nerfs and odd buffs and design decisions are what really did it, IMO.

With the way mechanics are done now though, you'll probably at least have to be on your toes in these launch heroics most of the expansion since a lot of the designs are simply unrelated to gear. It's really neat.

I just wish the trash wasn't so long at this starting stage, it really combos up for the lengthy. Dungeons are just eating so much time if I can't grab an optimal group from my guild.

Angry Grimace said:
"It's not my bad attitude, it's the fact that other players are jerks for not being as good as me, or starting the game at the same time I did."

Insightful, intelligent argument.

If we apply insane troll logic.

I'm not even calling myself good, I'm pretty mediocre actually, you're the one insinuating that nonsense and acting as though I'm elitist. I don't think CC is actually all that challenging,and wrath allowed people to mindlessly take on multiple mobs and spam heals everywhere.

In before you somehow think I'm calling myself a WoW pro anyway.

Angry Grimace

Devolution said:
I'm not even calling myself good, I'm pretty mediocre actually, you're the one insinuating that nonsense and acting as though I'm elitist. I don't think CC is actually all that challenging,and wrath allowed people to mindlessly take on multiple mobs and spam heals everywhere.

In before you somehow think I'm calling myself a WoW pro anyway.
More troll logic.

Your entire argument is, "Why don't these players that started playing after Wrath have skills I've explicitly acknowledged were only needed prior to the time they started playing the game?"

The fact that you think these players aren't merely conforming with their own expectations of the game, but rather out to ruin your good time by willingly being bad is what makes you an insane troll and an elitist by definition.

Angry Grimace said:
More troll logic.

Your entire argument is, "Why don't these players that started playing after Wrath have skills I've explicitly acknowledged were only needed prior to the time they started playing the game?"

The fact that you think these players aren't merely conforming with their own expectations of the game, but rather out to ruin your good time by willingly being bad is what makes you an insane troll and an elitist by definition.

Yeah when they refuse to learn how to play the game, break CC, blame everyone else in the group for their own failings it's obviously my fault.

I think it's you who are the troll and ridiculously defensive guy.

J-Rzez

Angry Grimace said:
BTW, J-Rez;

That's all fine and dandy, but still doesn't dismiss that these guilds accomplished all of this just knowing mechanics, and not relying on gear itself which Blizzard said they intended that you were to gear up in segments to graduate to the next level of content.

We walked into the golem fight and not really knowing anything about the fight we got it down to 26% with 3 fresh 85s (not a chance to get much 84-85 gear besides that they got one or two pieces from them when leveling doing dungeon quests). I'll take a stab in the dark here and say we must have been around on average raid comp, being around ilvl 328. I think we would have got those stupid golems down if we got a chance to do some more pulls, but we lost a key healer due to connection problems on his end.

It's interesting watching the top guilds argue on 10man vs 25man difficulty. I don't know said fight yet obviously, but I'm not sure how 5 adds in 10man is far less to worry about than 12 in 25man. If you do napkin math, 25 mans are 2.5x's larger. So it's right around what the number should be I guess, since you can't have half a mob, they went down instead of rounding up a mob, despite what sounds like the benefits of more people helping with adds more so. It still seems to play out with the same old-same old arguements (25's requiring more coordination while having a greater margin of error losing a player or two, and added utility of having another tank on need).

It sounds like Blizzard did a good job balancing 10v25 raids overall though, but still doesn't really help the cause that these guilds blew through the content within a day or two. That's great these guilds knew the fights inside and out for practicing in beta for a while, but I still expected there to be more of gear grinding needed to be able to hit the minimum DPS, Healing, Mitigation/Absorption of said fights.

Oh well, I dunno. But all I do know is that the game is in a superior state overall compared to Wrath at least. Overall. They did a good job so far from what I got to see.

Alex

It would be a bit silly if their designs for normal modes required a hyper farmed up, already experienced, world class guild.

Normal mode is the more casual venue. I never got to do that arena raid or ICC and I've only done Baradin in Cataclysm so far, but for at least back in Ulduar, i think they completely nailed the difference between normal and hard, personally, and the pacing all sounds somewhat sameish. I hope that while I play, I mostly see content around that balance level.

The big kicker in quality should be evident early on though. I mean to hell with Naxxramas, Naxxramas opened WAY too easy so this should be much nicer esp with the hard modes waiting after.

As someone who did most of Naxx 60, that place was super depressing, they nerfed it into the floorboards. I remember being confused as hell on our first raid night in there. I still remember my wide-eyed confusion at the trash between Anub and Maexxna, that shit took us hours to learn at 60 :lol

C.Dark.DN

Banned
So, the fact is, they are forcing people to suddenly play someting more difficult. While tons of people have a great time trying to beat a console game on nightmare, there's a lot that like to play it on easy/beginner.

They are essentially forcing people to adapt, which in return will make them better players. The down side is alienating people who don't want to put the time or effort into improving themselves and getting grouped with them.

I have little patience for people not willing to learn when you're willing to teach them. You need this skill in life. But I also hate an elitist bitching someone out who is willing to learn.

I guess they should add in more difficulties. But, if you let people raid on an easy mode you have to figure out how you want to do achievements, gear, mounts, etc.

Alex said:
I never got to do that arena raid or ICC and I've only done Baradin in Cataclysm so far, but for at least back in Ulduar, i think they completely nailed the difference between normal and hard, personally, and the pacing all sounds somewhat sameish. I hope that while I play, I mostly see content around that balance level.

Ulduar was the best instance in Wrath. You could say ICC was comparable or better, but the binary hard modes made it a worse instance IMO. (Boss mechanics normal-mode wise, they're about even.) Sadly, it doesn't look like they'll be going back to that model because modular difficulty on more than just a UI toggle was "too confusing" for most of the player-base.

/sigh

On an unrelated note, I bought about 6 Chaotic Shadowspirit Diamonds for 250g each :lol
Going for way less than the mats cost, so either someone farmed up a bunch of materials and doesn't value their time at ALL, or was skilling up off those and dumped em all on the AH at once. There were a few at 310g, but I figured I'd let them sit and be bought out by someone else (having too many meta-gems myself is a risk.) But the next highest after that were going for 600ish. Hope to turn around (probably use a few) most of them at that price or above in a few weeks to a month.

CarbonatedFalcon said:
Ulduar was the best instance in Wrath. You could say ICC was comparable or better, but the binary hard modes made it a worse instance IMO. (Boss mechanics normal-mode wise, they're about even.) Sadly, it doesn't look like they'll be going back to that model because modular difficulty on more than just a UI toggle was "too confusing" for most of the player-base.

/sigh

On an unrelated note, I bought about 6 Chaotic Shadowspirit Diamonds for 250g each :lol
Going for way less than the mats cost, so either someone farmed up a bunch of materials and doesn't value their time at ALL, or was skilling up off those and dumped em all on the AH at once. There were a few at 310g, but I figured I'd let them sit and be bought out by someone else (having too many meta-gems myself is a risk.) But the next highest after that were going for 600ish. Hope to turn around (probably use a few) most of them at that price or above in a few weeks to a month.

Very few people are using chaotics right now because of the fucked up requirement of needing more blues than red to activate it.

DeathNote said:
So, the fact is, they are forcing people to suddenly play someting more difficult. While tons of people have a great time trying to beat a console game on nightmare, there's a lot that like to play it on easy/beginner.

They are essentially forcing people to adapt, which in return will make them better players. The down side is alienating people who don't want to put the time or effort into improving themselves and getting grouped with them.

I have little patience for people not willing to learn when you're willing to teach them. You need this skill in life. But I also hate an elitist bitching someone out who is willing to learn.

I guess they should add in more difficulties. But, if you let people raid on an easy mode you have to figure out how you want to do achievements, gear, mounts, etc.

Easy Mode? 30% Buff and no loot, no achievements, or loot with deprecated stats? Kind of be like exhibition mode - you get to go in and see the content, but there are no rewards. Though having 3 separate tiers of difficulty starts to become too complex.

I liked the Ulduar method of doing hard modes the best, and I'm still upset that they changed from an interesting, somewhat lore-inspired mechanic to a very "gamey" UI toggle. For dungeons, switching to heroic from normal is fine as is, as they span a level bracket. But for raids? It just doesn't work for me.

funkmastergeneral said:
Very few people are using chaotics right now because of the fucked up requirement of needing more blues than red to activate it.

Yeah, and it's going to get fixed in a patch at some point in the near future. Maybe I should stock up some more if the going is low? :lol

Twig

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
You really should have taken my advice and realized you're out of your element instead of getting angry when you didn't have anything to add.

First off, the conversation is about J-rzez prematurely complaining that the encounters aren't tuned hard enough. You would have known that if you had any kind of context or even bothered to find out. Second, it's a discussion, not an argument; the fact that people disagree over something doesn't mean its go-time. The only person getting angry is you, because you're apparently a hypersensitive weirdo.

Again; stay in your lane. Save the angry internet guy routine for a thread that's not about World of Warcraft, psycho.
Your first mistake is thinking that I have no idea what you're talking about.

Your second is getting so upset when I call you out for getting mad over shit that don't matter.

Your third is apparently just being straight up crazy. U:

EDIT: Going by your most recent "discussion" I'm just going to go ahead and remove the "apparently" from the above statement.

Angry Grimace

Twig said:
Your first mistake is thinking that I have no idea what you're talking about.

Your second is getting so upset when I call you out for getting mad over shit that don't matter.

Your third is apparently just being straight up crazy. U:

EDIT: Going by your most recent "discussion" I'm just going to go ahead and remove the "apparently" from the above statement.
Did you just take the post I just made at and just say, "no you?"

Because you just took everything I said and said I did them; I don't know who you are and don't care and you posted like 10 swear words at me in your last post because you incorrectly assumed you were joining an argument, when it wasn't. It's a discussion. About Warcraft. Not whatever the hell you're on about.

Twig

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
Did you just take the post I just made and just say, "no you?"

Because I don't know who you are and don't care, and you posted like 10 swear words at me in your last post.
Does that offend you? Would you like a hug?

I'm going to hug you; you're so adorable!

Angry Grimace

J-Rzez said:
That's all fine and dandy, but still doesn't dismiss that these guilds accomplished all of this just knowing mechanics, and not relying on gear itself which Blizzard said they intended that you were to gear up in segments to graduate to the next level of content.

We walked into the golem fight and not really knowing anything about the fight we got it down to 26% with 3 fresh 85s (not a chance to get much 84-85 gear besides that they got one or two pieces from them when leveling doing dungeon quests). I'll take a stab in the dark here and say we must have been around on average raid comp, being around ilvl 328. I think we would have got those stupid golems down if we got a chance to do some more pulls, but we lost a key healer due to connection problems on his end.

It's interesting watching the top guilds argue on 10man vs 25man difficulty. I don't know said fight yet obviously, but I'm not sure how 5 adds in 10man is far less to worry about than 12 in 25man. If you do napkin math, 25 mans are 2.5x's larger. So it's right around what the number should be I guess, since you can't have half a mob, they went down instead of rounding up a mob, despite what sounds like the benefits of more people helping with adds more so. It still seems to play out with the same old-same old arguements (25's requiring more coordination while having a greater margin of error losing a player or two, and added utility of having another tank on need).

It sounds like Blizzard did a good job balancing 10v25 raids overall though, but still doesn't really help the cause that these guilds blew through the content within a day or two. That's great these guilds knew the fights inside and out for practicing in beta for a while, but I still expected there to be more of gear grinding needed to be able to hit the minimum DPS, Healing, Mitigation/Absorption of said fights.

Oh well, I dunno. But all I do know is that the game is in a superior state overall compared to Wrath at least. Overall. They did a good job so far from what I got to see.
I'm not sure they meant you'd need gear to graduate from nothing to Tier 1 though, man. Plus, we don't have ANY BASIS to say they didn't have heroic dungeon gear, dude; I rather assume they chain ran them in by breaking up into 2 5 man groups or 5 5-man groups so that their average gear level was higher than Joe Blow guild just walking in there.

I don't think that's too unreasonable of a thought.

Twig said:
Does that offend you? Would you like a hug?

I'm going to hug you; you're so adorable!
This isn't your personal troll thread. Just stop.

Twig

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
If I was trolling, you would know it. Believe me. This isn't trolling! This is hugging!

EDIT: Hugs are supposed to cheer people up, but if it's not working for you, I can stop hugging.

notsol337

marked forever
Angry Grimace said:

I've been lurking in here for a bit, and I have to ask you something...

Are there any posters in this thread that disagree with you that you haven't called trolls or childish yet?

Twig

Banned
Man you people were not kidding about Vash'jir.

I was prepared to disagree with what appears to be the majority's opinion, because I fucking love oceans and underwater stuff and UNDER DA SEA but holy hell what a horribly designed zone. It is just not fun. ):

notsol337

marked forever
Twig said:
Man you people were not kidding about Vash'jir.

I was prepared to disagree with what appears to be the majority's opinion, because I fucking love oceans and underwater stuff and UNDER DA SEA but holy hell what a horribly designed zone. It is just not fun. ):

I really enjoyed it with my mage, but then I started leveling my rogue... the zone is just terrible for melee.

Ugh.

Twig

Banned
notsol337 said:
I really enjoyed it with my mage, but then I started leveling my rogue... the zone is just terrible for melee.

Ugh.
Yeah, I can see that being true to a point, but moving this game into full three-dimensional control just doesn't work when the game isn't designed for it from the beginning. Especially when that 2D minimap with its ever-present quest arrows a) is 2D and b) seems to enjoy pointing to the wrong area when I'm in that zone. It'd be like giving Mario a gun. (No, it wouldn't, but that kind of extreme game design shift would be just as awkward and probably awful.)

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I only have two complaints about Vashj'ir.
1. I don't want to dismount when I breach the surface.
2. I want to be able to mount standing on the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom