• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twig

Banned
DeathNote said:
I only have two complaints about Vashj'ir.
1. I don't want to dismount when I breach the surface.
2. I want to be able to mount standing on the ground
Hah, those are both pretty annoying, but I could deal with those if there was nothing else I disliked!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
notsol337 said:
I've been lurking in here for a bit, and I have to ask you something...

Are there any posters in this thread that disagree with you that you haven't called trolls or childish yet?
You mean, guy with koopa avatar and other guy? Can you honestly defend that elitist guy's argument? It doesn't even make sense, and its just a bad take.

As for J-rzez, everyone eventually gets a snide comment in here and there but that's mostly because he's been lodging complaints about Blizzard since before Wrath even launched. The dance studio issue dates back to like what, 2008? Most of the time his complaints have at least some merit, even if he goes overboard with them. The difference there is that J-rzez can competently defend his opinion on things, even if I don't agree with them.

notsol337

marked forever
Angry Grimace said:
You mean, guy with koopa avatar and other guy? Can you honestly defend that elitist guy's argument? It doesn't even make sense, and its just a bad take.

As for J-rzez, everyone eventually gets a snide comment here and there against him but that's mostly because he's been lodging complaints about Blizzard since before Wrath even launched. Most of the time his complaints have at least some merit, even if he goes overboard with them. The difference there is that J-rzez can at least competently defend his opinion on things.

My main point was that you seem to be taking this fairly seriously, and you're getting personal. Then you're getting upset when they get personal back! Take it slow, dude. It's just a forum. Chill out, respond to people worth responding to, and let the "trolls" drown in not getting a response!

Also I happen to think that the people that started during wrath DO act like babies when they fail. I can always tell when I'm playing with people that were in during classic/tbc because they try again instead of ragequitting.

Twig

Banned
I'll stop hugging. ):

I was just trying to make light of the situation, but I suppose that's not appreciated 'round these parts.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
notsol337 said:
My main point was that you seem to be taking this fairly seriously, and you're getting personal. Then you're getting upset when they get personal back! Take it slow, dude. It's just a forum. Chill out, respond to people worth responding to, and let the "trolls" drown in not getting a response!

Also I happen to think that the people that started during wrath DO act like babies when they fail. I can always tell when I'm playing with people that were in during classic/tbc because they try again instead of ragequitting.
Your main point is wrong though; I fail to see how I'm getting personal at all, actually. I especially don't get how pointing out a critical flaw in someone else's logic automatically = "U Mad?"

Whatever-his-name's response to my post asking him to think about why those players aren't as good elicited a completely warranted response; the fact you can tell who is better and who is worse at the game doesn't mean you should actively go out of your way to grief them. Players worse than you trying to aren't trying to ruin the game for you. It isn't a fair argument to say they should have skills they were never required to learn.

Just let those players leave and find someone else in the group.

notsol337

marked forever
Angry Grimace said:
Your main point is wrong though; I fail to see how I'm getting personal at all, actually. I especially don't get how pointing out a critical flaw in someone else's logic automatically = "U Mad?"

Whatever-his-name's response to my post asking him to think about why those players aren't as good elicited a completely warranted response; the fact you can tell who is better and who is worse at the game doesn't mean you should actively go out of your way to grief them. Players worse than you trying to aren't trying to ruin the game for you. It isn't a fair argument to say they should have skills they were never required to learn.

Just let those players leave and find someone else in the group.

When you call someone names, it becomes personal. "You are a troll. You are a small child."

Things to avoid. My main point is not wrong. They took it personally, even if that isn't how you meant it to come out!

p.s. I never troll wrath players out, I do let them leave. It makes me laugh when they ragequit.

Angry Grimace

notsol337 said:
When you call someone names, it becomes personal. "You are a troll. You are a small child."

Things to avoid. My main point is not wrong. They took it personally, even if that isn't how you meant it to come out!
Your main point is still wrong; Twig's first comment was interjecting into a conversation that to announce I'm complaining too much (about a subject that didn't involve a complaint) and calling me a bitch 8 times, which wasn't even in context with the conversation, and other guy got angry when I replied to his post:

"While I understand the sentiment, but step into the shoes of those players.

It wouldn't be fun for you either if you were suddenly told it was going to be several times more unforgiving. The game is supposed to be fun; those players aren't out to not have fun or ruin your fun, they just don't really understand the concept of the game suddenly getting far more difficult.

I don't know. I just don't understand why players get angry at other people rather than just leaving the group, or finding a guild that they can play with. Expecting the randomly formed group to have high skills is about as reasonable of an expectation as those players expecting the content to be easy."

I fail to see how you would believe I'm the initial aggressor here.

Xabora

Halycon said:
drivebypost

Lol WoW tryhards

/drivebypost
2m3h3qv.gif

NameGenerated said:
Fuck Altairus.
6.4% wipe on him. :(

Alex

MattPeters said:
Did my first heroic tonight, which ended up being Tol'Vir

Surprisingly, the last boss was the easiest.

I'm finding this to be a common theme, so far, I've not done them all yet though since I've been really busy due to the holidays. But IMO it rang true for that (and we keep repeating, grr) Throne of Tides, Blackrock Cavern and Stonecore too.

Angry Grimace

Xabora said:
2m3h3qv.gif

6.4% wipe on him. :(
Got any recounts? :lol

I also have no insight as to why you can't get on the Seahorse while you are the ground in Vashj'ir. I'm not sure what's up with that. Same thing for why you can't /flirt while running when you are in Worgen form.

notsol337

marked forever
Angry Grimace said:
Your main point is still wrong; Twig's first comment was interjecting into a conversation that to announce I'm complaining too much (about a subject that didn't involve a complaint) and calling me a bitch 8 times, which wasn't even in context with the conversation, and other guy got angry when I replied to his post:

"While I understand the sentiment, but step into the shoes of those players.

It wouldn't be fun for you either if you were suddenly told it was going to be several times more unforgiving. The game is supposed to be fun; those players aren't out to not have fun or ruin your fun, they just don't really understand the concept of the game suddenly getting far more difficult.

I don't know. I just don't understand why players get angry at other people rather than just leaving the group, or finding a guild that they can play with. Expecting the randomly formed group to have high skills is about as reasonable of an expectation as those players expecting the content to be easy."

I fail to see how you would believe I'm the initial aggressor here.

You're arguing that I like to troll wrath players. I do not.

Anyway, Twig I can understand, but not the other guy. You were all "I see why you have no guild" which was a rude assumption on your part. All I'm saying is chill out! Internet.

internet-map.gif

Alex

I dont think you can flirt while running on anything, or was it joke... it was something like that

Edit: Yeah, flirt.

Angry Grimace

notsol337 said:
You're arguing that I like to troll wrath players. I do not.

Anyway, Twig I can understand, but not the other guy. You were all "I see why you have no guild" which was a rude assumption on your part. All I'm saying is chill out! Internet.

http://www.unc.edu/~unclng/internet-map.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]I don't need to "chill out" because I'm not doing anything. Not agreeing with someone else doesn't automatically make you angry; also, I wasn't accusing [I]you[/I] of anything other than judging my responses without considering the countervailing circumstances.

I'm also not really sure of what kind of response would have been expected after Demotivator's (or whatever his name was) first reply. It still seems like a reasonable respnose to me /shrug

Angry Grimace

Alex said:
I dont think you can flirt while running on anything, or was it joke... it was something like that

Edit: Yeah, flirt.

I could have SWORN you used to be able to do this.

notsol337

marked forever
Angry Grimace said:
I don't need to "chill out" because I'm not doing anything. Not agreeing with someone else doesn't automatically make you angry; also, I wasn't accusing you of anything other than judging my responses without considering the countervailing circumstances.

I'm also not really sure of what kind of response would have been expected after Demotivator's (or whatever his name was) first reply. It still seems like a reasonable respnose to me /shrug

So you're saying you're insulting other people because they insulted you first, and then you insult them, but then... oh I see.

My bad!

Angry Grimace said:
Whatever-his-name's response to my post asking him to think about why those players aren't as good elicited a completely warranted response; the fact you can tell who is better and who is worse at the game doesn't mean you should actively go out of your way to grief them.

Dude what is wrong with you.

I never said anything about griefing. I said it's pretty easy to tell who is a spoiled wrath player who refuses to learn how to play properly in Cata.

Then you called me elitist, said I'm obviously not in a guild and now you're making up shit that I never even implied let alone said.

Twig

Banned
I wish he would have just accepted my hug. THIS WHOLE SITUATION COULD HAVE BEEN AVOIDED.

LET US COME TOGETHER AS FRIENDS AND FEAST.

Ramirez

So, I haven't done any serious raiding in probably over 2 years, what's the best PVE Hunter spec these days? I've been leveling as BM, and I'm almost 85. I feel like I'm doing pretty good dps, and usually come in 2nd in most groups, just wondering which of the 3 is best?

Meteorain

Ramirez said:
So, I haven't done any serious raiding in probably over 2 years, what's the best PVE Hunter spec these days? I've been leveling as BM, and I'm almost 85. I feel like I'm doing pretty good dps, and usually come in 2nd in most groups, just wondering which of the 3 is best?

SV-Hunter.

Unfortunately, your class is the worst DPS out there at the moment. That doesn't mean you personally won't find a way to pick yourself up and slap down some hefty numbers :D

Ramirez

Meteorain said:
SV-Hunter.

Unfortunately, your class is the worst DPS out there at the moment. That doesn't mean you personally won't find a way to pick yourself up and slap down some hefty numbers :D

I sure know how to pick'em. :lol

Angry Grimace

notsol337 said:
So you're saying you're insulting other people because they insulted you first, and then you insult them, but then... oh I see.

My bad!
Rule of He Had It Coming

Ramirez said:
Don't listen to that :lol Hunter does lots of DPS and Hunters are a "pure" dps class which are supposed to do more damage than other classes that can fill other roles. Blizzard balances the numbers relatively often to make sure of that. Survival is currently the top of the dps chain for hunters, though.

notsol337

marked forever
Angry Grimace said:
Rule of He Had It Coming

No, see, what I was implying there was "He was mean. Then I was mean! Now I'm hurt that he's being mean to me some more."

Also, there is no such thing as a pure dps class. Hunters are a ranged damage class with utility. Every class has utility. Not even arcane mages are pure dps.

Angry Grimace

Funny; the stone drake mounts are currently bugged so that the rider is halfway inside.

The current theory is that the reason why is that the Vial of the Sands mount is actually just your character being positioned inside the mount's body so that you can't see it, and blizzard messed up when releasing the regular "riding" stone drakes.

notsol337 said:
No, see, what I was implying there was "He was mean. Then I was mean! Now I'm hurt that he's being mean to me some more."

Also, there is no such thing as a pure dps class. Hunters are a ranged damage class with utility. Every class has utility. Not even arcane mages are pure dps.
Yes there is; "Pure DPS" is Blizzard's term for classes that don't have the option to fulfill a different role, and thus balanced around doing slightly higher DPS than hybrid classes.

zlatko

Banned
I'm half way to level 60 from 59 tonight as I logged out woot! :D

Finally starting to get some more favorable abilities for PvP as a Warrior. Getting steam rolled is painful when the only class I feel I can 1v1 successfully is a Druid or another warrior. :lol

Got my first purple font drop item too.(Epics right?) 1 handed mace that has a chance on hit to attack 2 extra times next swing. It'll come in handy for PvP once Fury lets me dual wield a 2 hander to go with it. :D

notsol337

marked forever
Angry Grimace said:
Funny; the stone drake mounts are currently bugged so that the rider is halfway inside.

The current theory is that the reason why is that the Vial of the Sands mount is actually just your character being positioned inside the mount's body so that you can't see it, and blizzard messed up when releasing the regular "riding" stone drakes.

"Pure DPS" is Blizzard's term for classes that don't have the option to fulfill a different role.

Oh, that's what you meant!

Carry on, you magnificent stallion.

Angry Grimace

zlatko said:
I'm half way to level 60 from 59 tonight as I logged out woot! :D

Finally starting to get some more favorable abilities for PvP as a Warrior. Getting steam rolled is painful when the only class I feel I can 1v1 successfully is a Druid or another warrior. :lol

Got my first purple font drop item too.(Epics right?) 1 handed mace that has a chance on hit to attack 2 extra times next swing. It'll come in handy for PvP once Fury lets me dual wield a 2 hander to go with it. :D
That's Ironfoe off of Tharussan; Fun fact: Ironfoe causes your character to speak in Dwarvish during the proc. You can technically cross faction communicate while using it.

So my guild has had a bunch of people reroll paladins this xpac for some god forsaken reason. I'm trying to put together a group of around 30-35 people I can count on to raid with, and 10 of them are paladins.

Ferrio

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
That's Ironfoe off of Tharussan; Fun fact: Ironfoe causes your character to speak in Dwarvish during the proc. You can technically cross faction communicate while using it.

I remember in vanilla when I was grinding so much for that damn thing.

Did Pinnacle for the first time on heroic... god damn the dragon boss is annoying.

Coeliacus

zlatko said:
I ran BRD so many times to try and get that back in vanilla (before MC), not to mention hand of justice. I only knew two people on my server (Blackrock) who had it. So awesome... Blizzard doesn't do items that do cool shit like proc extra swings anymore.

Angry Grimace

notworksafe said:
Someone hasn't seen Deathbringer's Will, Toy Windmill, or Rainbow Generator.
You know what happens when two people use Rainbow Generator right

zlatko

Banned
Is the thing outdated really fast then at this point? I'm doing Arms warrior at the moment because it's the better DPS till Fury can use 2 handers in dual wield, but by the time that happens will Ironfoe be crappy to use? Right now I don't see much use for it either even in PvP, because I got the blackhand doomsaw for PvP to possibly blast someone for an extra almost 500 damage.

Meteorain

Ramirez said:

I wouldn't worry too much. There will be many patches. It's a bit stupid for a DPS only class to have all it's specs at the bottom :S

One thing though, Aspect of the Fox is win!

Angry Grimace

zlatko said:
Is the thing outdated really fast then at this point? I'm doing Arms warrior at the moment because it's the better DPS till Fury can use 2 handers in dual wield, but by the time that happens will Ironfoe be crappy to use? Right now I don't see much use for it either even in PvP, because I got the blackhand doomsaw for PvP to possibly blast someone for an extra almost 500 damage.
It's crappy to use by the time you get to level 58. Really. Green items from Outlands can be equipped at 58, and have an item level far higher than anything you got from Azeroth.

Rokam

Alex said:
Heroic SFK was incredibly easy compared to the other heroics.

I was surprised at how easy the 2nd boss is, the adds he summons have too little HP, I think they could get away with buffing it. The last boss of H. Deadmines is hands down one of my favorite boss fights. Reminded me of the first time I walked into the boat room of Deadmines back when I started playing.

Am really enjoying most of thew new heroics though I haven't managed to complete a full run of GB or the Stonecore yet.
Managed to level archaeology up to 525 after a fair bit of grinding and turned in over 900 troll fragments once I got to 450 but no Zin'Rokh for me so far :(. Did manage to get the raptor mount and pet but they seem fairly common.
Also I'm probably not alone in this but on the last boss of H Deadmines the music from Pirates of the Caribbean always kicks in inside my mind.

Dina

Meteorain said:
SV-Hunter.

I would say Shadow Priests are the worst off.

Anyway, just left before the third boss of Tol'Vir. All three dps classes doing 6k-7k combined with an average healer that goes OoM just after the shadowphoenix-phase... yeah. I'm losing patience with DPS-classes being awful in full blues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom