• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Macattk15 said:
Congratulatons? My main is a rogue. Look at the spreadsheet with all the characters listed on it. I do have a warrior, I do have a mage, I do have a hunter, I do have a shaman.

Now you don't have to waste your time in the future looking things up.
Oh, boohoo, admitted troll doesn't like getting trolled. I'm shedding big, wet tears for your delicate disposition.
Ferrio said:
Victory rush as a tank is pretty damn awesome. I was fighting a boss for quite awhile after everyone had died. Just kept healing myself and popping CDs.
Ya, Victory Rush with "Impending Victory" was a great way to solo for the Raven Lord mount. I wouldn't mind getting my ol' Prot warrior out of the dustbin, but I'm really trying to commit to getting my shaman leveled. Hopefully healer queues are instant while leveling since healing is difficult now.

Macattk15

SnakeswithLasers said:
Oh, boohoo, admitted troll doesn't like getting trolled. I'm shedding big, wet tears for your delicate disposition.

Ya, Victory Rush with "Impending Victory" was a great way to solo for the Raven Lord mount. I wouldn't mind getting my ol' Prot warrior out of the dustbin, but I'm really trying to commit to getting my shaman leveled. Hopefully healer queues are instant while leveling since healing is difficult now.

That is trolling? Really?

You're just one of those people in WoW who need their hand held which explains why you would get mad if I took some DPS gear from you while I was tanking. If you can't grasp how to level / play as an Enhancement Shaman which has to be one of the most straightforward classes .... well I just don't know.

Garryk

SnakeswithLasers said:
I'm looking for a place that has good info on the priority rotation, glyph selection, talent builds. You know, theorycraft stuff.

Not just for leveling specifically, but to learn the right way while I'm leveling. I know you can be brain dead and get to max level in no time. I just like to do things right so when I start facing tougher challenges, I know what to do.
http://wow.joystiq.com/category/shaman/

If you scroll down, there is a post for each talent tree.

Macattk15 said:

You're just one of those people in WoW who need their hand held which explains why you would get mad if I took some DPS gear from you while I was tanking. If you can't grasp how to level / play as an Enhancement Shaman which has to be one of the most straightforward classes .... well I just don't know.
My feelings! Look at you, Mr. Sensitivity today. Dish out the trolls but you sure don't like it when someone might poke fun at you. Maybe somebody should wipe the milk moustache off of baby and put him to bed, looks like he's cranky.

Edit:
Garryk said:
http://wow.joystiq.com/category/shaman/

If you scroll down, there is a post for each talent tree.
Thanks--I've used wow insider. I just found the Elitist Jerks page and am pretty happy with that info on gearing priorities and such. I know it isn't necessary while leveling, but it's good info.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Anyone expecting dungeon nerfs? I've been leveling an alt and I guess I should focus on my 85 some. Dinged last night.

SnakeswithLasers said:

How does VR work in pvp? Didn't seem to pop as much as it does in PVE.

Macattk15

SnakeswithLasers said:
My feelings! Look at you, Mr. Sensitivity today. Dish out the trolls but you sure don't like it when someone might poke fun at you. Maybe somebody should wipe the milk moustache off of baby and put him to bed, looks like he's cranky.

Jussssst callin' it like I'm seeeein' it.

DeathNote said:
Anyone expecting dungeon nerfs? I've been leveling an alt and I guess I should focus on my 85 some. Dinged last night.

I see no reason to. People need to change their WotLK mentality. As more gear comes, the easier the heroics will become anyway.

DeathNote said:
How does VR work in pvp? Didn't seem to pop as much as it does in PVE.

Look at the Impending Victory talent in the Prot Warrior tree. I would assume that is what he is speaking off. Otherwise it doesn't proc unless you get the killing blow on something which doesn't happen often while tanking.

As for PvP, as long as you can execute spam, welcome to free 30k heals.

Dunlop said:
holy shit is this conversation still going on?

Blame Crappy McShamanstorm.

Dunlop

Macattk15 said:

holy shit is this conversation still going on?

Macattk15

DeathNote said:
There were wotlk nerfs at the start.

Oh they'll most likely come, but I don't think they'll be gigantic. Maybe they'll adjust some damage some mobs do and such. Some mobs do some retarded damage ... and they were just tuned in the hotfix ... the Halls of Origination guys (Shadowlancers and Firesomethings) were major ballbusters.

I haven't done all the heroics but what I have done, I have pugged ... and while it took some time, we completed them. They weren't super painful or anything, yes there were some wipes but whatever. It was more fun that way than mindlessly mashing keys ... for me anyway.

Dunlop

I think they need to give more incentive for people to run the dungeons, like bring up the JP given. They take a lot longer to run than the WOTLK ones, as it is there is almost no chance I would run a heroic with a PUG and I'm pretty well geared (not uber but all blues now) as will most likely end in fustration and a lot of hours wasted

Dresden

Damn, ele is fun as hell too. Won about six bg's in a row, topping damage charts (lol fighting on roads). At this level lava burst takes off half their health in one shot.... went on a spree where I grabbed the berserk buff, popped Heroism, popped EM, and wiped out an entire group fighting near the flag.

Not to mention thunderstorming people off cliffs. <3 I can't decide what spec I want to play. No idea how the burst will translate up at 85 with greater health pools and resilience.

By the way, the honor grind is insane. I'm not going to bother when they're giving out, what, fifty honor a win? It'll be easier and far more sensible to just run arena to fill the point cap every week.

Macattk15 said:
Jussssst callin' it like I'm seeeein' it.
Eh, I'm just fucking around man. I'm not really harboring any animosity. :lol

But as far as warriors go--they should just fix intimidating shout. Make it glyphable to affect only one "cowering" target, but have a longer range and duration--and of course break on damage.

"Your intimidating shout has a longer range and duration, but only affects one target. Damage caused will break the effect."

Macattk15

SnakeswithLasers said:
Eh, I'm just fucking around man. I'm not really harboring any animosity. :lol

But as far as warriors go--they should just fix intimidating shout. Make it glyphable to affect only one "cowering" target, but have a longer range and duration--and of course break on damage.

"Your intimidating shout has a longer range and duration, but only affects one target. Damage caused will break the effect."

Well with all the "throw" abilities warriors have .... why can't Warriors toss their weapon into the head of a mob or something and it wanders around disoriented for like 30 seconds or something.

Or some kind of yell would work I guess too.

With DK's .... they should just give you a glyph of Icy Touch or something which puts a PvE target in an Ice Cube or something.

Macattk15 said:
Well with all the "throw" abilities warriors have .... why can't Warriors toss their weapon into the head of a mob or something and it wanders around disoriented for like 30 seconds or something.
As long as that wasn't available to prot. Best pulling tool ever.

Eh, maybe that's the point--any warrior CC would be OP if tanking. Although, druids could pull using roots, right?

Weenerz

Banned
Dresden said:
Damn, ele is fun as hell too. Won about six bg's in a row, topping damage charts (lol fighting on roads). At this level lava burst takes off half their health in one shot.... went on a spree where I grabbed the berserk buff, popped Heroism, popped EM, and wiped out an entire group fighting near the flag.

Not to mention thunderstorming people off cliffs. <3 I can't decide what spec I want to play. No idea how the burst will translate up at 85 with greater health pools and resilience.

By the way, the honor grind is insane. I'm not going to bother when they're giving out, what, fifty honor a win? It'll be easier and far more sensible to just run arena to fill the point cap every week.

Hits for about 25k or so on mobs with no resilence.

Man, and there is an instant cast root for druids now. Kind makes me want to dust off the 72. But tanking to 80 is kind of a chore without reliable AoE. But man--not having to rely on PUGs to CC one guy a pull sounds amazingly nice.

What's the downside to this? Sure, I'll lose rage shifting...but...meh.

Macattk15

SnakeswithLasers said:
As long as that wasn't available to prot. Best pulling tool ever.

Eh, maybe that's the point--any warrior CC would be OP if tanking. Although, druids could pull using roots, right?

Put it in one of the DPS trees far enough down ... like where Repentance is for Ret Paladins. Ret = Arms = Fury so why not give them all a CC if you're gonna give one of them a CC.

Weenerz said:
Hits for about 25k or so on mobs with no resilence.

Really that is it? My Ele Shaman at 80 was critting around 20k with Lavaburst :(

Yaweee

Macattk15 said:
Really that is it? My Ele Shaman at 80 was critting around 20k with Lavaburst :(

Elem single-hit burst hasn't increased all that much. Our increase in DPS comes from Fulmination (charge up Lightning shield and unleash for greater than Lava Burst), procs that reset the Lava Burst cooldown, and more things to do on the move.

Macattk15

Yaweee said:
Elem single-hit burst hasn't increased all that much. Our increase in DPS comes from Fulmination (charge up Lightning shield and unleash for greater than Lava Burst), procs that reset the Lava Burst cooldown, and more things to do on the move.

That burst was still there at 80 though. Does that hit considerably harder? 9 stacks at 80 were around 30k for me if I remember?

Yaweee

Macattk15 said:
That burst was still there at 80 though. Does that hit considerably harder? 9 stacks at 80 were around 30k for me if I remember?

Ah, I don't know. I never raided after 4.0.0, so I don't know about its relative damage. I only respecced into it/L2P@85 recently. Generaly consensus is that 9 stacks is quite a bit more powerful than Lava Burst, but Lava Burst can proc Mastery which makes things a bit closer.

So, I think Guild Rep is broken for me.
I hit the cap last week, and this week, but I'm not even close to where everyone else is.
I'm about 4000/6000 in Friendly, and I should be over honored by now.

Weenerz

Banned
AceBandage said:
I hit the cap last week, and this week, but I'm not even close to where everyone else is.

My toon is at the same.

Wouldn't that be about right though, and consistent with last week? I went from 0/3000 Neutral to ~600/6000 Friendly, so ~3600 for the week. And now I'm capped at ~4200/6000 Friendly, so another 3600 for this week. This is being the top total contributer to the guild and maxed on weekly contribution as well.

But do you play on an EU server? They've been able to cap rep 3 times since launch since the game came out before EU's weekly reset. So cap on Dec 7, cap for Dec 8-14, and now capping for week of Dec 15-21.

Garryk

AceBandage said:

Does anyone know if the cap is affected by guild rank?

zyxwvu4321 said:
Wouldn't that be about right though, and consistent with last week? I went from 0/3000 Neutral to ~600/6000 Friendly, so ~3600 for the week. And now I'm capped at ~4200/6000 Friendly, so another 3600 for this week. This is being the top total contributer to the guild and maxed on weekly contribution as well.

But do you play on an EU server? They've been able to cap rep 3 times since launch since the game came out before EU's weekly reset. So cap on Dec 7, cap for Dec 8-14, and now capping for week of Dec 15-21.

Nope, it's a NA server. Most of the rest of my guild is like 1K-2K into Honored.
It makes no sense.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So i was curious today and west to that mysterious part of Tirisfal Glades that is just west of Deathknell. People in pre-Cataclysm kept wondering what was there since Blizzard even bothered putting green grass on the world map there instead of a bunch of mountains like usual. Some even speculated some Old God might be burried there because of some High Elf lore i forgot.

But all i found was a lake, a skeleton of someone who was fishing, with the sword still inside his chest(who know who killed him), a plane at the bottom of the lake, a forest surrounding the lake, and a mysterious ring of glowing mushrooms further to the south. Damn teasing Blizzard!

AbUz8.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I know people complained about Blood Boil.

Lots of DKs and anyone who was 20 yards of the Blood tank. It was pretty cool but becomes an eyesore fast.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Halycon said:
I know people complained about Blood Boil.

Lots of DKs and anyone who was 20 yards of the Blood tank. It was pretty cool but becomes an eyesore fast.
I understand but the mustard rings are ugly.

Alex

Just make little red bubbles that pop! The yellow rings are silly.

Heroic Deadmines is still great. Some really fun platforming game-type elements in there. I think they caused all the deaths :lol Especially the spinning chains of lightning towards the end that you have to dodge.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
So like after a week of having a ticket open because of a phasing problem locking me out of quests in Deepholm (stuck at 47/125) i finally get a response.
Check the forums. If you are not a forums person, I've found personally, that Wowhead and Wowwiki offer some *very* extensive coverage of quest lists.
Totally worth the wait.

edit: and fucking L-O-L at this..
Game masters are not allowed to give hints.
Youve got to be kidding me :lol

Manus

SnakeswithLasers said:
Whatever, DKs would just break it anyway. =P

We have interupts! But it's a 2 minute cooldown. I don't mind the heroics at all in Cata, the trash isn't bad at all if it's CC the right way.

Spent far too much money on Engineering today, but I have my Goggles!

On the other hand, I did get those Pauldrons of Edward the Odd the other day...

Trasher

Any leatherworking tips for someone who is stuck at 508? I just spent a shit ton of gold on leather to build three yellow capes (which is the highest thing I can craft), and I got one point. =/

It also didn't help that I bought the recipe for the epic leg armor that says it only requires 425 when in fact it actually requires 525. Thanks Blizzard...

It really sucks because you dump so much gold into this stuff (I personally spent 8k), and then the stuff only sells for around 50-100 gold on the AH.

Manus

Everyone should level skinning if you're doing leatherworking same for mining with JC/Blacksmith. Makes it so much easier and saves so much gold.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I seem to be missing 19 quests for the winterspring achievement. Is there a new hub somewhere that i'm missing? Horde side.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
When should I use my Highborne Scrolls? I have 9, should I just use them as soon as possible or are they worth saving? My Arch is at 172 and my next item will be my first rare, which takes 100 fragments.

notworksafe

NameGenerated said:
When should I use my Highborne Scrolls? I have 9, should I just use them as soon as possible or are they worth saving? My Arch is at 172 and my next item will be my first rare, which takes 100 fragments.
Just use them whenever, you'll get plenty as you level. Or sell them. On my server some keystones are selling for 500g each.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Trasher said:
Any leatherworking tips for someone who is stuck at 508? I just spent a shit ton of gold on leather to build three yellow capes (which is the highest thing I can craft), and I got one point. =/

It also didn't help that I bought the recipe for the epic leg armor that says it only requires 425 when in fact it actually requires 525. Thanks Blizzard...

It really sucks because you dump so much gold into this stuff (I personally spent 8k), and then the stuff only sells for around 50-100 gold on the AH.

I'm pretty much in the same spot. Sadly, I think the yellow cloaks are the only way to go! :\

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
I just found all three artifacts in the same spot, gotten 2 a bunch before, but never all of them. Wish that happened more often.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
All of the sudden the official quest helper UI is bugging out on me. When I close the map and reopen everything disappears until I relog or reload. I restarted and disabled addons...

Edit: Well, it's working on another toon in a different zone. Maybe Ashenvale is bugged.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Dresden said:

They don't even have good rewards for honor either.

mclem

DeathNote said:
I think they've pretty much nailed the difficulty for heroics, but they do take a fair amount of time now, and I think they could stand to be a bit quicker. Maybe reducing the number of similar pulls in some of the lengther sections between bosses?

Twig

Banned
Anyone have any tips for warrior DPS? Arms specifically. I am consistently the worst on the damage meters. ):

I don't plan to stick to DPS for PvE for long (I much prefer tanking), but I'd still like to be better in the meantime.

edit: I just remembered Elitist Jerks exists, so I'm gonna go check that. U:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom