• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Einbroch said:
Honor gains are so incredibly slow right now it's ridiculous. You can do heroics and finish one in two hours easy and get 250+ JP, reputation, and items from bosses. If you're in a rut with pvp you can walk out with less than a hundred honor and no gear to show for it.

There's something wrong with that.
That's a good way to put it. To be fair, I guess you need to average in the daily and weekly benefits of both to do a complete comparison.

Ferrio

Banned
Sai-kun said:
Okay, WoW is killing my computer. It's using up 775,000k+ memory. What the hell?

I keep getting "Outta storage" errors, never hadthose. It's running outta memory for some reason (even though I have plenty free and more than a 32 bit app could even address), can't find any explanation. Blues on the forums seem to say the same damn shit.

The Lamonster said:
What happens when the keychain battery goes out?

That thing is so low power that I can't imagine the battery dying before everyone in the universe has a smart phone and can just download the mobile app.

Sai-kun

Banned
Rapstah said:
That's only 756 megabytes, not really that much by today's standards.

Well, it stays at about 400 normally, but it just spiked to 885 and then climbed past 1000.

Then it somehow killed my internet. WTF.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
joelseph said:
On the keychain version? I don't think so. what is the graphic on yours? Mine is SC2 =/
I wanted SC2 cause I figured a newer version might have an improvement of some kind and the wow graphic is boring.

My smartphone broke. I agree, I'll surely have a new one sooner or later before it can die.

KJTB

water_wendi said:
Seems okay with me. Just doing the Random BGs nets a decent amount of honor. Also, if your side reliably wins the PVP zones thats another huge boost (Tol Barad is 120 honor and 3 commendations for winning.. Wintergrasp is something like 24 honor). Add in the dailies/weeklies that reward honor (Tol Barad, Wintergrasp, Grizzly Hills quests) and thats another boost.

Can you use the tol barad commendations to get honor??? Did I totally miss something? :lol

Dresden

Einbroch said:
Honor gains are so incredibly slow right now it's ridiculous. You can do heroics and finish one in two hours easy and get 250+ JP, reputation, and items from bosses. If you're in a rut with pvp you can walk out with less than a hundred honor and no gear to show for it.

There's something wrong with that.
I'll just be doing arena. The honor grind is something I'd rather not go through. Yeah, it'll be slow to gear up but arena is absolutely fucked right now anyways.

I've just been doing two or three random bg's a day, for fun, really.

Flib

ACE 1991 said:
Just dinged 81, where can I go next after Vashir? I liked the zone but am now a little bored of it and want to be back on land.

You'll have to switch to Mount Hyjal. Deepholm opens at 82.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Ferrio said:
Wow there is no lvl 85 warrior ranged weapon that I can find....

That's a pretty shitty oversight...
I see a BOE strength epic, but it looks like you can only get agility in pvp and probably will have it in PVE.

Ferrio

Banned
funkmastergeneral said:

Not in game yet.

vEyDF.jpg

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I only need a 333+ wand for the Cataclysmically Superior achievement. And the only blue DPS wand is in Heroic Deadmines. Fuck me.

I could still hope and get the wand from reg Grim Batol, but it has spirit. :(

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Did my first heroic today. (Halls of origination) with my brothers. And it went really well, wiped a few times, but got all the bosses down, and i managed to get three upgrades for my rogue.:D

Really liking the challenge in comparison to WotlK.

Reprise

Neo Member
Levelling both enchanting and tailoring, man it requires so much!

I've DE'd and bolted everything I've laid my hands on (from all the mobs I've killed in my trip to completing Cata Loremaster) and I'm only sitting at 500/480 respectively!

As much as I don't want to eat into the gold i've made from levelling it looks like i might have to raid the AH if I want to see both maxed out this lifetime! :p

I miss the cheesy Goblin smile of old. The NPC ones shoulda keep it, as they're trying to woo customers.

HixxSAFC said:
As has been mentioned before their Death Knight threads are incredibly simple and useful and very current.

I did wander in to a mage thread in WotLK and literally say 'what the fuck is this?' though. Graphs, spreadsheets, formulae just to ascertain that 'ABx4 AM' is the way to go :lol

That's what it USED to be for every spec, some nice person would make a good concise thread on a spec (read for 15 minutes know your role type first post) and then a handful of theorycrafting gurus would hash out the upper reaches of the specs potential and weaknesses.

Now? Just a bunch of mathturbators crawling up their own asses in search of big numbers on only the BiS, howling at anyone deviating from this new norm. Blech.

Ashodin

Slogged through Heroic Grim Batol. Took 2 hours in a PUG before I got it done, but holy shit was each boss kill satisfying. Back to Archaeology!

Rokam

Anybody got a chance to deal with these stupid ass priest griefers who use Leap of Faith while you're capping a node in a BG. Need to disable that shit for the non-rated bgs.

Magnus

Holy shit, I just did some snooping around and learned about MPQ editors/explorers! This gorgeous app just ripped every sound effect and music track out of my entire WoW folder into a gigantic directory of mp3s! Literally every sound effect, event sound and piece of music is in here. Fucking amazing!

I mean, I've bought all the CEs hoping for the best of the stuff to be on the official soundtrack releases, and often, they are, but so many great tracks get added in patches and new dungeons and shit. They're all here!

Man.

The new Hyjal music is amazing. I sometimes fly right through the Baron Geddon assault area just to trigger that new Night Elf battle track, it's glorious.

Ehow, of all sites, is what led me to all this. Love it.

http://www.ehow.com/how_4705307_extract-music-world-warcraft.html

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Dipindots said:
Can you use the tol barad commendations to get honor??? Did I totally miss something? :lol
No but you get 120 honor + 3 commendations + 250 rep for winning.. only 50 honor for losing though.

iammeiam

Ferrio said:
I keep getting "Outta storage" errors, never hadthose. It's running outta memory for some reason (even though I have plenty free and more than a 32 bit app could even address), can't find any explanation. Blues on the forums seem to say the same damn shit.

I had that all the time when my system was stuck in perpetual "Applying Non-Critical Updates" mode. It would always list these ridiculous sizes of data it was trying to manipulate in the detailed error report. This lasted like a week until one day I logged out, then ran the launcher and let it entertain itself for 12 hours while my computer sat idle. Next time I loaded the game, it said it was up to date.

Since it finished those updates, the crashes with "out of memory" ceased for me. Could be coincidence, but I'm guessing there's something funky in the patching-while-playing functionality.

TimeKillr

Okay, so...

Fuck Stonecore.

I'm a Druid healer. I know how to play. I never go OOM. Hell, I healed heroic Ozruk, which is apparently one of the most difficult heroic fights in the game, with no real trouble. Not to mention one melee DPS died on the first ground slam, and one of the magic DPS died at about 20%.. And we still managed to beat him down.

The last fight in Stonecore is badly designed when you have a Druid healer. You know what happens the second all the adds pop up?

OOOH, SOMEONE IS CASTING HOTS! QUICK QUICK QUICK KILL IT.

So what happens is if the group doesn't immediately stop dpsing the boss and just doesn't focus on AOEing the adds, I die in 2 seconds. Even if I position myself perfectly between the mobs and the wells. Why? Those wells do not kill the mobs as they are supposed to. At least, not quickly enough.

So not only is it a pain on regular as a Druid, it's near impossible on Heroic. There seems to be about 3x as many cultists that spawn, double the gravity wells (that STILL don't kill those adds). If we're unlucky ONCE, I die.

The last attempt we did? I followed the tank around - he can keep those adds off me. Well, sure, if I don't get punted into a group of spawning adds by something (I still don't know exactly what punted me, mind you. I think it might've been that huge rock she carries around that you can't keep track of because, you know, there's already a million adds and 6 zones you can't walk into).

Fuck it. Seriously. I love a challenge. But a luck-based fight? Or one I just can't heal because of my class mechanics? No.

Ashodin

TimeKillr said:
Okay, so...

Fuck Stonecore.

I'm a Druid healer. I know how to play. I never go OOM. Hell, I healed heroic Ozruk, which is apparently one of the most difficult heroic fights in the game, with no real trouble. Not to mention one melee DPS died on the first ground slam, and one of the magic DPS died at about 20%.. And we still managed to beat him down.

The last fight in Stonecore is badly designed when you have a Druid healer. You know what happens the second all the adds pop up?

So what happens is if the group doesn't immediately stop dpsing the boss and just doesn't focus on AOEing the adds, I die in 2 seconds. Even if I position myself perfectly between the mobs and the wells. Why? Those wells do not kill the mobs as they are supposed to. At least, not quickly enough.

So not only is it a pain on regular as a Druid, it's near impossible on Heroic. There seems to be about 3x as many cultists that spawn, double the gravity wells (that STILL don't kill those adds). If we're unlucky ONCE, I die.

The last attempt we did? I followed the tank around - he can keep those adds off me. Well, sure, if I don't get punted into a group of spawning adds by something (I still don't know exactly what punted me, mind you. I think it might've been that huge rock she carries around that you can't keep track of because, you know, there's already a million adds and 6 zones you can't walk into).

Fuck it. Seriously. I love a challenge. But a luck-based fight? Or one I just can't heal because of my class mechanics? No.

Just tried to do Heroic Origination. I zoned into it mid-progress, and the Anraphet boss destroyed my group over and over. A DPS kept dying on the fight, so that was probably the issue.

Einbroch

Banned
TimeKillr said:
Okay, so...

Fuck Stonecore.

You do know that it's like that for every class, right? It's the DPS failing, not because your class has HoTs. Mages should nova. Warlocks should shadowfury. Hunters should frost trap. It's the DPSs job to keep them off you, and it seems like your DPS were not doing their job.

Painraze

Unconfirmed Member
how do you turn off the yellow text spam in the middle of the screen during battlegrounds?

AB is fucking ridiculous with that shit.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
TimeKillr said:
Okay, so...

Fuck Stonecore.

I've healed this fight multiple times on my shaman, every time we one-shotted it. You know why? Because we had a tank that didn't suck. I have Earthliving's and Riptide's and all manner of HoTs ticking off when those things spawn, every healing class is going to pull aggro initially. It's extremely easy for a tank to grab all those things up though, you should be standing very close to your tank for that fight and he should be following you around if you get punted. If you're getting nailed, it is not your fault. For tanks and even dps, managing those adds is not hard.

joelseph said:
On the keychain version? I don't think so. what is the graphic on yours? Mine is SC2 =/
I got one that says Blizzard, oldschool yo! :D

As for heroics, we farm them in guild and rarely wipe now, maybe if we bring udergeared healer or trying some achievement(Son of a... is very hard atm since you need like 20k dps or close), we'll see how things turn out later, in few months it will be even easier.

Ferrio

Banned
So was brought along on some guild run to do a 10 man on the pvp boss. Was an easy fight. Now they're trying to get me to join the guild.

nataku

Semi-GAF guild on Area 52 still letting people in?

I finally starting playing my Druid (Veplerion) through the 80+ areas and I'm having a blast in Vashj'ir. I keep seeing people saying they hate in it general though. Just hit 82 so I guess I should try to spend some time doing the instance in the area.

Macattk15

TimeKillr said:
Okay, so...

Fuck Stonecore.

We just make a barrier of wells and the tank picks em up by the time they get into the wells.

Magnus

Worgen time!

Rogue or Warrior?

They're the last two classes I've really not tried past level 5 or so.

edit-

Made a rogue, and oh man, "Vectorman" wasn't taken on my server. :lol

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm not sure it was worth the trade off to get challenging dungeons by converting 50% of the community into nerdrage-prone elitist dicks.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
SUPARSTARX said:
lol what happened?
It's just that every dungeon at every level seems to now be filled with ragebots only seconds from seething semi-homicidal rage at the slightest provocation.

Some people just simply don't give a fuck and use the fact the game is harder now to be impatient dicks (i.e. to my wife, who didn't even do anything wrong, she just doesn't have every dungeon layout burned in the back of her skull). I don't know, I just wish some of these people would remember World of Warcraft isn't a profession for some of us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom