• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raide

lordmrw said:
This is gonna sound like whining, but god damn am I disappointed that my class(rogue) got nothing but a bunch of PVP abilities. Absolutely nothing for PVE except Redirect which is on a 1 minute cooldown and feels useless.

Redirect is handy but the 1 min thing makes it less that useful. Not too bad t dungeons where you can shift points from adds to bosses but the CD makes it less than useful.

Combat Readiness is handy while levelling but if you're doing dungeons and getting hit on, you're doing it wrong. :lol Handy if you get jumped.

Not really seen the usefulness of Smoke Bomb. :lol Waste of 3 mins.

Dina

lordmrw said:
This is gonna sound like whining, but god damn am I disappointed that my class(rogue) got nothing but a bunch of PVP abilities. Absolutely nothing for PVE except Redirect which is on a 1 minute cooldown and feels useless.

Cats got nothing for themselves, only a partybuff. Bears too, but they got a buffed swipe (while swipe is useless now), so it's more like a trade. Resto got no new spells WHATSOEVER, owls got a shitty mushroom.

You're off extremely well as a rogue.

Rokam

Dina said:
Cats got nothing for themselves, only a partybuff. Bears too, but they got a buffed swipe (while swipe is useless now), so it's more like a trade. Resto got no new spells WHATSOEVER, owls got a shitty mushroom.

You're off extremely well as a rogue.

It's amazing that kitties got nothing yet they are god mode currently. :lol. If it makes you feel any better ret's 85 ability doesn't work correctly. Only gives 20 strength instead of 20% strength.

Dina

Rokam said:
It's amazing that kitties got nothing yet they are god mode currently. :lol. If it makes you feel any better ret's 85 ability doesn't work correctly. Only gives 20 strength instead of 20% strength.

In PvP, pretty much yeah. In PvE it's much closer, and is partly offset by the difficulty of feral-cat raiding.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Feral Druids have always been very powerful at the start of each expansion. As time goes on their power diminishes because they don't seem to scale well with gear. Whether this is the case with Cata we will have to wait and see.

Another reason they are powerful are their bleeds. They cannot be removed, cannot be lowered with armor or resistance afaik, and have to be healed through. They seem to currently tick far higher than anything else ive come across.. Feral bleeds make Warlock/Shadow Priest dots look like a joke.. especially since those can be dispelled.

lexi

Banned
Since Wrath feral cats have scaled just as well as anyone else, and were viable at all times during Wrath. I don't expect that to change.

Meteorain

Rokam said:

It's because their mastery is actually useful.

Flib

Yeah, we got pwned by Halfus last week, had the Frenzy/Shadow Nova/drakes. Only about half of us were geared, not including the off-tank who was just getting raped (I was surviving through the frenzy ok). Hopefully this week (since people have been gearing up) we'll get a better combo, though I might just take the group to Blackwing instead.

ilevel is up to 342 which is nice, and I'm about the get my first 359 piece of gear and knock out another 346 jp piece. Knocked out the Karsh achievement (kill him with 15 stacks of superheated armor) last night, which felt good. Only need the Crepuscular Veil acheivement off the last boss in there now. Heroic acheivement farming has been pretty easy in general, but there are a few I know will be tough.

Also tanked heroic Stonecore for the first time, which wasn't nearly as bad as people were saying. Wiped once on Ozruk, but I just needed to see it to get it. Last boss dropped http://www.wowhead.com/item=56347, so I'm happy.

Effect

How well does the dungeon finder work? Is it mainly working as intended in regard to the high level dungeons?

I haven't used it before but thinking I need a change when I login. Getting tired of simply quest in areas where there are only a handful of people that I never seem to cross paths with. I like the questing and the storylines are interesting. Though I wish there was really one big over arching storyline. MMORPGS are nice but not a replacement for single player rpgs in that regard it seems. I just need more social interaction and finding a guild hasn't been going well. Either empty or so big I'm just a number where those with already built relationships just stick to their little groups within it. Being deducted money as a "guild tax" on top of that is just annoying.

ultron87

Dungeon Finder is the best thing ever. It has worked well at any level I've used it in.

Obviously it'll go faster if you use it as a tank or healer, but if you want to get in a dungeon in any reasonable amount of time it is vastly superior to the old method of sitting in a city going "LFM Scarlet Monastery Library PST" every five minutes.

Macattk15

I'm up around 12k-14k single target DPS as a Fury Warrior. Need a few more pieces ... rings and bracers mainly. Thanks for putting a blue quality warrior oriented ranged weapon in the game Blizz (oh wait, you forgot).

Wish more people in the guild would get geared so the guild can start doing 25s. I missed the initial boat for the 10 mans and now it is pretty much a set group.

That and we haven't had control of Tol Barad for weeks. Stupid design is stupid.

Flib

Effect said:
How well does the dungeon finder work? Is it mainly working as intended in regard to the high level dungeons?

I haven't used it before but thinking I need a change when I login. Getting tired of simply quest in areas where there are only a handful of people that I never seem to cross paths with. I like the questing and the storylines are interesting. Though I wish there was really one big over arching storyline. MMORPGS are nice but not a replacement for single player rpgs in that regard it seems. I just need more social interaction and finding a guild hasn't been going well. Either empty or so big I'm just a number where those with already built relationships just stick to their little groups within it. Being deducted money as a "guild tax" on top of that is just annoying.

There is an overarching storyline, you just don't see it much until the later zones. There are tons of minor storylines which are all interconnected, and that's mainly what you're dealing with in the 1-60 zones (the 60-70 and 70-80 zones are weird, because they're old expansion areas that sort of exist in their own bubbles).

Holy shit. Really should have backed up my WOW folder before formatting my machine.
Thought I could have just installed WOTLK and then Cata but ending up installing the whole fucking lot.
Must be an easier way.

webrunner

Fantasmo said:
Holy shit. Really should have backed up my WOW folder before formatting my machine.
Thought I could have just installed WOTLK and then Cata but ending up installing the whole fucking lot.
Must be an easier way.

Installing directly from Cata disc (without using any previous discs) will give you 4.0.0 w/ cataclysm. You still have to patch up to 4.0.3a (which means you'll have to re-download the 5gig patch) but it makes it easier.

webrunner said:
Installing directly from Cata disc (without using any previous discs) will give you 4.0.0 w/ cataclysm. You still have to patch up to 4.0.3a (which means you'll have to re-download the 5gig patch) but it makes it easier.

Oh shit. I started off with Cata and it wanted the huge patch that I thought I'd have in the patches Updates folder (which I did back up) so I installed from scratch.
I'm now half way through WOTLK installing so I'm still gonna have 5GB to download?
I knew I should have layed off the sambucca and whiskey.

Blair

Banned
I have to say, through all the LFD's i have done, today was the only time when i had to leave the group because of the attitude of another player. People in general have suprised me by being up for a joke and even when theres a wipe, they laugh about it.

But this dude, jesus he was on another level. He had been paid by 2 awful dps to come along and heal, he was the best geared healer i've seen so far, but jesus what a dick. He kicked one tank, who wasn't the best geared but also was nowhere near kick worthy. Then another tank joined and he was a dick to him, so he left. The dude had major self esteem issues, kept bringing up his raid record and shit. I think he was trolling because he was being paid to run the heroics and didn't give a shit.

I would have put him on ignore and just carried on, but the other dps was utter shit and they were unkickable because they were in the majority. Plus i like to have a good time.

/rant

Overall though, people have been awesome in LFD. This expansion has been a blast so far.

pix

Tonight is the first real raid night for the guild (Not counting Tol Barad which we did).

Last night I got exalted with Therazane and Rhamkhen(sp?) so I got my epic shoulder enchant and epic neckpiece. I am a DW Frost DK, and atm, I have seen one person who can out dps me when I do LFD. I'm not bragging, but this worries me for the raid as we obviously need serious DPS. In the Tol Barad raid I did 13.5k dps at the end of the fight, the next highest was 8k. He enraged but we still won because of lay on hands on the tank.

It'll be interesting tonight to say the least. I think we are doing Blackwing Descent 10. Anyone done the Omnitron or Magmaw? Which one is easier to start out with?

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
lordmrw said:
Rogues aren't even that great in PvP these days to.:(

Pulled out my hunter and got him to 80 yesterday. That's such a fun class now! Hadn't played since they got rid of mana, and I'm loving how survival plays (it's always been my preferred spec). To think of how far that spec has come since vanilla... man.

I love my new fox pet too--but I'm thinking I will go and tame a wolf for the dps bonus. Having multiple pets (with you) is just a mind boggle. It's crazy that they finally leveled your pet to close to your level when you tame one! Ugh, all that time of trying to get a beast leveled up ... finally not necessary.

I can't wait to try some cata dungeons and freeze trap + wyvern sting to be a one man CC crew.

What are the classes most sought after usually? I don't mean Healer/DPS/Tank but what generaly, people look for most of the time.

If a healer is missing, will they look for a Disc Priest, a Resto Druid or a Rejuv Shaman? What about them tanks, are the prot warriors looked at the better tanks or feral druid/pally are more appriecied due to their other abilities outside their tanking roles.

I'm about to sub, but don't know what i'll roll first. I played Vanilla wow few years ago but i understand a whole lot have changed since then.

Today, can you, litteraly level up as a prot warrior? I had a very long time doing it before, had to respec untill late 50's to change back to prot.

Also, I hear you can have two different talent spec on one character? How does it work exactly.

PS : Saw the trolls, cat and bears form. They rocks.

SnakeswithLasers said:
Pulled out my hunter and got him to 80 yesterday. That's such a fun class now! Hadn't played since they got rid of mana, and I'm loving how survival plays (it's always been my preferred spec). To think of how far that spec has come since vanilla... man.

I love my new fox pet too--but I'm thinking I will go and tame a wolf for the dps bonus. Having multiple pets (with you) is just a mind boggle. It's crazy that they finally leveled your pet to close to your level when you tame one! Ugh, all that time of trying to get a beast leveled up ... finally not necessary.

I can't wait to try some cata dungeons and freeze trap + wyvern sting to be a one man CC crew.
I love my hunter as well. I use my Tenacity pet for solo questing and I use my Ferocity pet for dungeons and raids.

Im not really that into minipets, but I just picked up a Tiny Shale Spider.

The "real" way you get it is to use bombs to blow yourself up onto a shelf in the cave where you do all of the Therazine dailies. The bombs are from some quest that has not been activated yet on live realms. But, with a bit of clever work from some malfunctioning rocket boots and disengage. I was able to get up into the cave.

:)

ultron87

The Lamonster said:
I love my hunter as well. I use my Tenacity pet for solo questing and I use my Ferocity pet for dungeons and raids.

I've finally started getting new pets after using a Ravager I got in Hellfire Peninsula for approximately all of BC and LK. His name is Twilight. But that was before the books so it was an okay name back then! I swear!

It's refreshing in a way to have a new pet, but it's great that the old standby is always just a whistle away.

I'll need to go get a wolf for raiding at some point here.

ultron87 said:
It's refreshing in a way to have a new pet, but it's great that the old standby is always just a whistle away.

I'll need to go get a wolf for raiding at some point here.
Every pet brings a different buff now. So the wolf is not necessarily the best for raiding anymore. It all depends on your group makeup.

Macattk15

ACE 1991 said:
So should I be leveling in Vashj'ir/Hyjal until I ding 83? Also when do I get the quests for TotT? This chain is so fucking long.

You get the quests at the end of it I believe. Yes very long chain.

I left Vashj'ir at 82 and went to Deepholm. Hit 84 in there and went to Twilight Highlands. Hit 85 well before finishing TH. I also did instances as I leveled.

ACE 1991 said:
So should I be leveling in Vashj'ir/Hyjal until I ding 83? Also when do I get the quests for TotT? This chain is so fucking long.
The flow is to do Hyjal -or- Vashj'ir until 82, then move onto Deepholm until 83, then Uldum until 84, then Twilight Highlands to 85. I think there is some variance here (hell, I'm pretty sure I forgot a zone), but the main point is that you don't have to do both Vash and Hyjal.

Einbroch

Banned
Blair said:
I have to say, through all the LFD's i have done, today was the only time when i had to leave the group because of the attitude of another player. People in general have suprised me by being up for a joke and even when theres a wipe, they laugh about it.

But this dude, jesus he was on another level. He had been paid by 2 awful dps to come along and heal, he was the best geared healer i've seen so far, but jesus what a dick. He kicked one tank, who wasn't the best geared but also was nowhere near kick worthy. Then another tank joined and he was a dick to him, so he left. The dude had major self esteem issues, kept bringing up his raid record and shit. I think he was trolling because he was being paid to run the heroics and didn't give a shit.

I would have put him on ignore and just carried on, but the other dps was utter shit and they were unkickable because they were in the majority. Plus i like to have a good time.

/rant

Overall though, people have been awesome in LFD. This expansion has been a blast so far.
Do you remember his name?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Pookaki said:
Every pet brings a different buff now. So the wolf is not necessarily the best for raiding anymore. It all depends on your group makeup.
I think the only buff you can't bring as a Hunter now is Demonic Pact/Arcane Brilliance.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Macattk15 said:
I'm up around 12k-14k single target DPS as a Fury Warrior. Need a few more pieces ... rings and bracers mainly. Thanks for putting a blue quality warrior oriented ranged weapon in the game Blizz (oh wait, you forgot).

Wish more people in the guild would get geared so the guild can start doing 25s. I missed the initial boat for the 10 mans and now it is pretty much a set group.

That and we haven't had control of Tol Barad for weeks. Stupid design is stupid.
I think your only option is a PvP ranged or a quest green :lol

Which of course Blizz could fix by just making str. guns with mastery and hit.

Macattk15

Angry Grimace said:
I think your only option is a PvP ranged or a quest green :lol

Which of course Blizz could fix by just making str. guns with mastery and hit.

Yeah I'm already using the Silenced Blunderbuss (quest green) ... I guess I could use my conquest points and get the PvP ranged now ... but meh. I don't know.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Man the guy on Respec Radio - don't remember his name - is so curmudgeonly and negative. I know he's coming from a hardcore perspective but he's totally harshin on my WoW vibe.

Why are negative opinions so much more effecting than positive ones?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Kodiak said:
Man the guy on Respec Radio - don't remember his name - is so curmudgeonly and negative. I know he's coming from a hardcore perspective but he's totally harshin on my WoW vibe.

Why are negative opinions so much more effecting than positive ones?
These guys kind of fit the definition of whiney nerds to me.

vilmer_

As a mage, I'm not used to NOT topping the dps charts :lol DK's and hunters are regularly above me in overall damage although single target it's very close. Gone are the days of out dps'ing everyone by massive margins.

Totally didn't realize they made it so you need a 525 crafting profession to need on Chaos Orbs. I was wondering how I ended up being the only one to need on one in a heroic yesterday.

Kodiak

Not an asshole.
Is there any real benefit to herbalism + alchemy besides making money? My buddy told me to do it just to make $$ because I'm a Tauren druid and I can farm it super fast using epic flight form.

And as for the podcasts:

Blues Plz: The guy is really annoying. Was a chore to listen for even 10 minutes. May give it another shot but it was really annoying to begin with.
Respec Radio: Intelligent guys, but way too cranky and whiny for shitty reasons. "Blizz gave us this awesome new feature but I hate it!"
The Instance: Definitely the best of the lot, but still kinda boring.

I want a Brian Leahy and Jeff Canata wowcast.

Macattk15

letsbereasonable said:
Totally didn't realize they made it so you need a 525 crafting profession to need on Chaos Orbs. I was wondering how I ended up being the only one to need on one in a heroic yesterday.

425. Not 525.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Kodiak said:
Is there any real benefit to herbalism + alchemy besides making money? My buddy told me to do it just to make $$ because I'm a Tauren druid and I can farm it super fast using epic flight form.

You get a pretty good haste buff that last 20 secs(?) with a 2 min cooldown. Small heal included.

When you are an alchemist, your flasks last almost 2x longer, and you also get a flask that choose your best stat and with limitless uses. Its weaker than a real flask, but its great when you're questing or doing 5 mans or pvp where a real flask isnt always worth it.

Alex

I just tune out the whining, but then I don't really listen to any podcasts or check out any forum posts I don't need to.

Don't really need to partake in the point; "everything about my class is broken and sucks, why is yours so good?" counterpoint; "everything about MY class is broken and sucks, why is YOURS so good?".

But yeah, I mean you see lots of good little gripes or suggestions or writeups here, which is why I like reading the stuff at GAF the best. The stuff on a lot of outside boards is just non-stop whine from people who have invested so much that any trivial clash of interest for them is "game ruining". People will throw a tantrum over any tiny little thing.

I've seen very serious rage filled essays written on everything from tooltip text to mild cosmetic changes. I went to find a Paladin leveling spec the other day since I've no idea how Paladin even levels anymore and if I should do Prot or Ret or what, and there was a 25 page thread of someone talking very earnestly about how Blizzard changing the Charger to an Exarch Elekk for Draenei was seriously ruining the game for them (and effecting their mental wellbeing) and how they wanted to quit but couldn't due to in-game "obligations".

I think I posted about it before, but it was so bewildering that it is worth mentioning again if so.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Kodiak said:

And as for the podcasts:

Blues Plz: The guy is really annoying. Was a chore to listen for even 10 minutes. May give it another shot but it was really annoying to begin with.
Respec Radio: Intelligent guys, but way too cranky and whiny for shitty reasons. "Blizz gave us this awesome new feature but I hate it!"
The Instance: Definitely the best of the lot, but still kinda boring.

I want a Brian Leahy and Jeff Canata wowcast.
I miss Castaclysm.

Milpool

What happens when you find all of the items for a certain race in archaeology? Because I'm one purple away from finding all the nelf items and I'd love it if their sites disappeared forever. Or are they adding more items in the future?

Flib

Totalbiscuit's (Blue Pls) videos during Cataclysm were enjoyable, but his podcast is just the worst shit. Should be edited to 90% of its length, and all of it is just elitist whining of the worst kind. He's not even that great of a player, so it makes the whole thing more eye-roll inducing.

The Instance is fine because Scott and Randy are decent dudes who don't nerdrage over random shit too often, but their podcasts are once again overly long and don't always cover things I'm personally interested in, in as much detail as I would like. Conversely, most raiding podcasts tend to be insufferable, so this is probably the best currently.

The WoW.com podcast can be decent depending on who the hosts are, and they keep it brief (which gets points from me).

Alex

Never planned to arrive at this venture but man, Enhancement is fun and seems to be in a great spot, I may actually go melee for the first time in an MMO, seriously ever outside of leveling.

Totalbiscuit's (Blue Pls) videos during Cataclysm were enjoyable, but his podcast is just the worst shit. Should be edited to 90% of its length, and all of it is just elitist whining of the worst kind. He's not even that great of a player, so it makes the whole thing more eye-roll inducing.

100% spot on, exactly how I feel. I applaud the guy for his great beta videos, but he is a real chore to listen to.

Macattk15 said:
425. Not 525.

I'm not sure. The original blue post says 425, but a later one says 525.

Zarhym post #31 said:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1568013960?page=2#31
This is a bug. A hotfix was applied about an hour ago that changes it so Chaos Orbs will only be available for Need rolls by characters with Tailoring, Blacksmithing, Leatherworking, and Engineering (minimum skill of 425 required). This fix may not appear until the next time realms are restarted, which is likely to be early tomorrow morning.

Zarhym post #309 said:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1568013960?page=16#309
It should now be fixed. The droprate is correctly 100%, and players with one of the four required professions maxed out (525 skill) should be able to see and roll on them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom