• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
How much are people selling Chimera's eye on your servers?

I've seen it once for 2500g in the AH. No idea if it sold, but it was the only one when i logged out.

It would be insane if i could make 2500g everyday just by doing my JC daily.

moojito

Bisnic said:

I've seen it once for 2500g in the AH. No idea if it sold, but it was the only one when i logged out.

I would point you in the direction of the undermine journal to find out if they're moving but alas, ees deed. It's certainly worth lobbing one up to see. If there's one thing I've learned since cata came out it's people have way more gold than sense.

HildyB

HixxSAFC said:
Interrupts and staying out of the fire 'knowledge' more important but if you're pulling less than 8k and the other dps are too fights are going to last a long time...

I like this. Knowing your role is back in the game more than numbers. As a healer, I prefer a longer fight than one where my group stands in the debuff/aoe/traps. It's gotten to the point where if they don't watch where they stand, I'll just let them die, less a mana drain (unless they are tank, I always keep them up).

moojito

Aye, I've been in a huge number of boss fights where it's been just me and the healer left standing at the end. Sometimes not even the healer! <3 word of glory

NeoCross

Dunlop said:
this morning with alchemy-->Click on Transmute living elemental for Volatile air. Get a crit for 32 volatile Air. Put on AH for 60G each, all are sold before I logout to go to work

total time: 90 seconds

:D
Lol same thing happened to me earlier. Transmute volatile airs > ah > 10 seconds later > profit :lol

moojito said:
Aye, I've been in a huge number of boss fights where it's been just me and the healer left standing at the end. Sometimes not even the healer! <3 word of glory
I'm usually the last man standing, too. Feign Death :)

Macattk15

Bisnic said:

400g and there is a bunch on the AH.

Is it possible to get them out of Fire Prisms?

Cut gem prices have also rapidly fallen :( There goes my profits.

Mining with my engineer with the Electrostatic thing that gives me Volatile Air sometimes is still worth it though. Specially those Rich Elementium Veins that give me EVERY element sometimes.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Bisnic said:

I tried to get 800-1k, but the only price that sells well is 450 on my server. Sometimes people dip it down to 300.

CAW

Tamed Sambas this afternoon:

fn7n2o.jpg

Look forward to BGs, killing the Alliance with their icon. :lol

Gravijah

So, in the upcoming weeks (after I get all the truegold from my alchemist) I'm going to be looking for someone to make me a Vial of the Sands. I've never made something as expensive as this before, are there any things I should know? If I were to get ripped off, would Blizzard do anything? I've seen a few people riding around on it... Should I just ask them who made theirs?

I also figure a 5,000g tip should suffice?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Guildmate got the guild achievement for LBRS. By himself. :lol

Rapstah

Angry Grimace said:
Guildmate got the guild achievement for LBRS. By himself. :lol
Oh, so it only does count the current group being 80% then? I've been hearing all this bullshit about actually needing 8 people for 10-mans and so on.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Rapstah said:
Oh, so it only does count the current group being 80% then? I've been hearing all this bullshit about actually needing 8 people for 10-mans and so on.
This was in a random.]

i.e. obviously a bug.

Manus

Bisnic said:

I sell mine roughly for around 900g.

Ramirez

CAW said:
Tamed Sambas this afternoon:

[im]http://i54.tinypic.com/fn7n2o.jpg[/img]

Look forward to BGs, killing the Alliance with their icon. :lol

Awesome, I've had no luck finding him or the turtle yet. The turtle always has about 2-3 hunters camping him. :lol I did get Loq in Shola last week though.

Kerrinck

Getting kinda lost with some quests and when I go look at the web for help, they usually give a coordinate as direction.
Is there any add on that lets me see coordinates in the game?

Ramirez

Kerrinck said:
Getting kinda lost with some quests and when I go look at the web for help, they usually give a coordinate as direction.

Do you not have the quest tracking on? The game pretty much shows you exactly where to go now without addons...

Retro

Kerrinck said:

SimpleMapCoordinates:
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/smc.aspx

Coordinates:
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/coordinates.aspx

And while we're on the subject, WoW is the only MMO I've played that doesn't include coordinates as a default feature now. In fact, with the number of addons that they've adapted as part of the default interface and the fact that coordinates have been a high-demand addon-only feature for all 6 years of the game's life strikes me as kind of a cruel, dick move by Blizzard. Would it really be that hard / immersion breaking to add coordinates so people can help each other find locations?

Kerrinck

Ramirez said:
Do you not have the quest tracking on? The game pretty much shows you exactly where to go now without addons...

I have a pathetic sense of direction. The game shows exactly where to go but I still get lost sometimes, currently trying to find the totem mound in the King of the Foulweald quest.

Rapstah

Got to 525 Engineering today and spent a ridicolous amount of money on my goggles. Feels good replacing the shitty 333 DPS hat from Earthen Ring though as a healer!

Is my Armory page showing my 80 gear to everyone else as well? Sort of stupid having it show my awesome 85 items in the slots and 251 stuff on the character...

Kerrinck

Retro said:
SimpleMapCoordinates:
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/smc.aspx

Coordinates:
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/coordinates.aspx

And while we're on the subject, WoW is the only MMO I've played that doesn't include coordinates as a default feature now. In fact, with the number of addons that they've adapted as part of the default interface and the fact that coordinates have been a high-demand addon-only feature for all 6 years of the game's life strikes me as kind of a cruel, dick move by Blizzard. Would it really be that hard / immersion breaking to add coordinates so people can help each other find locations?

Thanks man, worked perfectly.

Is there a way to echo chat to just yourself? I want to set up a macro to remind myself which classes bring which buffs (to help me decide on pet in dungeon) but I don't want to whisper if I don't have to. Like '/echo' or something...?

Weenerz

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Is there a way to echo chat to just yourself? I want to set up a macro to remind myself which classes bring which buffs (to help me decide on pet in dungeon) but I don't want to whisper if I don't have to. Like '/echo' or something...?

Should just write them on a piece of paper or a post-it next to your monitor.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Hit 65 last night. Slowly leveling the ol warrior. I ended up tanking i think coilfang? I can't remember what instance it was to be exact, i haven't done it in years and it was set to random.

I think it went well from a tanking aspect anyway. I seemed to be able to hold aggro on most mobs unless someone did something stupid, same goes for packs of 4+. Lots of tabbing and wondering if i was pressing the right buttons. I did seem to lose aggro just as the final boss died, not too sure how that happened. I need to install a damage/threat mod to keep and eye on it all.

I got a little confidence boost from the experience. My main has been a healer for the past 3+ years and going from that to tanking has been a strange experience, But i did enjoy tanking which surprised me :lol

Zelrith

SnakeswithLasers said:

You might want to check out RaidChecklist. It lists all the buffs and tells you which ones the group currently has.

Angry Grimace

I didn't actually know that was there, but I was doing some archeology in Darkshore, and some random naga were in the way so I Bladestormed them into oblivion, and then Queen Aszhara just appeared and started yelling at me :lol

Can some of the cats post on their "rotations"? I know it's priority based but with a iLVL of 240-ish, I stay around 7.5k DPS.

I'm pretty much FFire, then Pounce - Free Ravage - Mangle - Rake - Shred to 5 cp - then Rip.

I then Shred once to get Savage Roar up.

I keep Mangle, Rake and Rip up, and Savage Roar up always. I only Rip at 5cp, but Savage Roar at 1cp when needed.

Tiger's Fury at 35 energy or as close as possible.

I pop my trinkets and a Potion of the Tol'vir before Berserking.

I've dumped my Hit/Expertise for Mastery when possible, and to Crit when not. I'm mostly gemmed/chanted but not with the best in slot as we're still upgrading pieces fairly quickly.

Any ideas? I need a Cat mentor. :D

I'm thinking I need to set up power auras to see my bleeds better?

notworksafe

SnakeswithLasers said:
That sounds great--I was just hoping to do it without an add on that will need updating. :lol
It's not an addon. It's a website.

Hover over the buff/debuff and it shows what classes/specs/pets bring it. Hover over the spec and see what buffs it brings. Drag the spec into a group and it shows all the buffs/debuffs that the whole group/raid brings

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
keeblerdrow said:
http://r4healingtouch.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/simplecatdps.jpg[IMG]

It's outdated but John Fucking Madden is just too good.[/QUOTE]the messed up squiggly bit can be simplified, especially with macroes.

it's probably worth noting that there's no point going for a 5cp savage roar. 1 cp is all you need, anymore than that is a waste of energy. you'd only do a 2cp SR because one of your yellow damage abilities crit.

my rotation is:
feral charge (FFF is macroed in this, so it's done with a single button press) -> ravage (costs no energy, high chance to crit at beginning of fight) -> SR -> mangle -> rake -> shred (tiger's fury is macroed in this, but you could probably move it to rake if you prefer) -> continue to shred till 5cp is reached -> rip

that ends the opener rotation. after that you just need to keep all your buffs and debuffs up. don't let mangle drop, don't let rake drop, don't let rip drop, don't let SR drop, keep shredding. tiger's fury looks after itself if you have it macroed into shred or rake.

particular talent and glyph choices will change your rotation slightly, but that's the meat and potatoes of what a kitty needs to do.

Scrow said:
the messed up squiggly bit can be simplified, especially with macroes.

it's probably worth noting that there's no point going for a 5cp savage roar. 1 cp is all you need, anymore than that is a waste of energy. you'd only do a 2cp SR because one of your yellow damage abilities crit.

my rotation is:
feral charge (FFF is macroed in this, so it's done with a single button press) -> ravage (costs no energy, high chance to crit at beginning of fight) -> SR -> mangle -> rake -> shred (tiger's fury is macroed in this, but you could probably move it to rake if you prefer) -> continue to shred till 5cp is reached -> rip

that ends the opener rotation. after that you just need to keep all your buffs and debuffs up. don't let mangle drop, don't let rake drop, don't let rip drop, don't let SR drop, keep shredding. tiger's fury looks after itself if you have it macroed into shred or rake.

particular talent and glyph choices will change your rotation slightly, but that's the meat and potatoes of what a kitty needs to do.

Care to share your FFF/feral charge and SR/Tiger's Fury macros?

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
krypt0nian said:
Care to share your FFF/feral charge and SR/Tiger's Fury macros?
i'd love to, but i'm away from home for christmas so i won't be playing WoW again till early january. it's pretty simple from what i remember, just /cast Ability 01 /cast Ability 02 and some other stuff to suppress UI warnings when an ability is still on cooldown or i'm too close to the target (for charge). i throw in trinket uses too, but super duper pro raiders don't do that because they like to save them for powerful raid buffs (bloodlust) or during a boss enrage and you need to burn them down quickly. but i find that if i don't have trinket uses macroed into my abilities i never use them and so they add nothing to my DPS. i figure using them all the time at non-ideal times is better than not using them at all.

sorry i can't help you with the specifics of the macros till i get back, but you should be able to find stuff on wowpedia or wowwiki.

edit: and there's no tiger's fury/SR macro that i use. not sure what you're referring to there.

Just learned that they didn't take out the proto drakes or titles for WotLK raids...sigh I've been walking around in my drake with starcaller on that I earned a year and a half ago with people who eanred it last week.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I used to respect tanks. They were always the cool headed ones and they played a shitty spec for the sake of their guild or just because they liked the responsibility.

Now I'm seeing more and more jerkwad tanks who're empowered by the LFD system to behave like complete pricks, because they know they have most valuable role in a random and no one would want to gainsay them.

Scrow said:
i'd love to, but i'm away from home for christmas so i won't be playing WoW again till early january. it's pretty simple from what i remember, just /cast Ability 01 /cast Ability 02 and some other stuff to suppress UI warnings when an ability is still on cooldown or i'm too close to the target (for charge). i throw in trinket uses too, but super duper pro raiders don't do that because they like to save them for powerful raid buffs (bloodlust) or during a boss enrage and you need to burn them down quickly. but i find that if i don't have trinket uses macroed into my abilities i never use them and so they add nothing to my DPS. i figure using them all the time at non-ideal times is better than not using them at all.

sorry i can't help you with the specifics of the macros till i get back, but you should be able to find stuff on wowpedia or wowwiki.

edit: and there's no tiger's fury/SR macro that i use. not sure what you're referring to there.

Whoops that was meant to be Shred/TF. I'll def look through the sites.

cuevas said:
Just learned that they didn't take out the proto drakes or titles for WotLK raids...sigh I've been walking around in my drake with starcaller on that I earned a year and a half ago with people who eanred it last week.

3591499926_b623eba521_o.gif

cuevas said:

I dont see a problem here. You got it when it was current content, why do you care that people got it last week?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Halycon said:
I used to respect tanks. They were always the cool headed ones and they played a shitty spec for the sake of their guild or just because they liked the responsibility.

Now I'm seeing more and more jerkwad tanks who're empowered by the LFD system to behave like complete pricks, because they know they have most valuable role in a random and no one would want to gainsay them.
90% of the time tanking means dealing with people who can't even preform the most minor role (DPS) correctly, and babysitting the group.

So yeah...it leaves you on edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom