• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
cuevas said:
Just learned that they didn't take out the proto drakes or titles for WotLK raids...sigh I've been walking around in my drake with starcaller on that I earned a year and a half ago with people who eanred it last week.
Grab something really time consuming, like Diplomat. I'm the only one that I know of on Horde that wears it on my server, and those that do have it have practically all the achievements around so they use more obscure poopsock-worthy ones like Insane.

cuevas said:
Just learned that they didn't take out the proto drakes or titles for WotLK raids...sigh I've been walking around in my drake with starcaller on that I earned a year and a half ago with people who eanred it last week.

How dare those baddies have the same title as you. You deserve a "Really Awesome Starcaller" title and an extra shiny drake so people know how ballin you are at WoW.

Rokam

Adventures in pugging pt. 2:

Get a H. Deadmines in progress working on trash after the 2nd boss. He wants me to cc the fuckin non elite mobs and just ignore the mobs that actually do damage. (We have a shammy that can purge em so I can CC) So I repentance the one he marks and then he deathgrips it to us. Sigh. Next some bozo grabs the Harvest Machine at the top after we're halfway done killing the bottom ones. We wipe as soon as boss aggros cause the tank is slow moving the boss and the Add killer doesn't kill the add. As soon as we get back in I grab it and proceed to spend the next 7 minutes killing adds. My last kill took 2 minutes. The 2 dps did an astounding 8k dps combined. Not to mention everyone died and I killed the boss while in the suit. The 2-Handed mace drops and everyone in group rolls need, 3 are guildies (dk tank, shaman, druid healer) 1 non guildie warrior. I laugh as I already have a heroic weapon and just leave. Seriously 4k dps a piece. Hallelujah! Holy Shit! Where's the Tylenol?

I'm also really sick of having to explain fights to people, tanks especially. My guild groups runs without a tank and the amount that ask "What does this boss do?" annoys the shit out of me. It takes like 2 minutes to go to wowhead and read the bosses abilities. Venting is fun.

Nymerio

I'd rather they ask for an explanation than go into a fight completely blind. There's nothing that I hate more than people who can't get over themselves and just ask what they have to do.

Rokam

Nymerio said:
I'd rather they ask for an explanation than go into a fight completely blind. There's nothing that I hate more than people who can't get over themselves and just ask what they have to do.

That's true but still, do your group a favor and fucking read what the boss does.

Chavelo

Just posting this in case people were interested:

Selling 2x WoW Cataclysm keys for battle.net for 25 dollars each (paypal). Got positive feedback on the buy/sell/trade thread. Let me know via PM! :-D

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Rokam said:
That's true but still, do your group a favor and fucking read what the boss does.
I can understand this for a raid, but a 5-man heroic? The problem is reading can only do so much, it doesn't exactly prepare you for what happens initially because you need to experience that as a player. As a healer, I never hesitated in asking what a certain boss does because I helped kept the party afloat. If the DPS and/or tank have an issue in spending 30 seconds typing out the simplest of mechanics about a boss, then maybe they should invest their money in something not related to an MMO.

Although your main gripe seems to stem from feeling repetition due to the amount of dungeons you may run and find "clueless" players, but just remember that there is another human on the other side of the computer. People tend to forget that factor when it comes to these games and lash out simply due to a perceived value of anonymosity.

Rokam

I think if dps/heals/tank can't take 30 seconds out of their day to read up on a fight that they should probably not be playing MMO's. Forgive me for wanting to play with people who actually give a shit. :lol

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Rokam said:
I think if dps/heals/tank can't take 30 seconds out of their day to read up on a fight that they should probably not be playing MMO's. Forgive me for wanting to play with people who actually give a shit. :lol
If I random dungeon how would I know which bosses to read up on beforehand?

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Is there an addon or anything that will let me bind my G keys in game without having to bind them first to some random key?

Rokam

Raiden said:
Or just ask tactics, it only takes 10 seconds to explain these bosses anyway.

This is the exact kind of mentality that needs to go away. Oh hey someone else can tell me what to do. I don't know why people think it's okay to be lazy bastards. It is not my job to fuckin tell you what to do.

Dresden

Rokam said:
This is the exact kind of mentality that needs to go away. Oh hey someone else can tell me what to do. I don't know why people think it's okay to be lazy bastards. It is not my job to fuckin tell you what to do.
:lol

SUPARSTARX

The heroic bosses are not complex. The average WoW player should have probably gone in the normal versions once or twice while leveling in those zones since there are quests that get you to go in and clear it.

It would just take a few seconds to remind people.

But yeah, I pretty much have all the pre-raid gear I need on my holy priest. Almost 90k mana unbuffed, 4k mana regen, over 7k spell power. Bring on the raid bosses.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Rokam said:
Not my job to know the fight before it happens. I don't mind wiping to fights as long as people don't make the same mistake twice, and listen to the group.

Raide

Rokam said:

Everyone has to learn at some point. Asking is the best way to learn something new.

Don't presume everyone installed DBM or checks various sites for boss information. Some just play the game and find out that way. I sincerely hope I never get grouped with you.

Dina

I would still prefer people asking. I can explain any tactic for just about any role, but most of these Europeans aren't just flatout speaking to me. If you're not replying in 8 seconds, I'm gonna charge in and assume you know the mechanics.

Wiped three times yesterday on Corla AFTER explaining the mechanics to everyone. Did the same on Rom'Ogg, but we downed him the third try. After wiping again on Corla and seeing noone do more then 6K dps, I just left and instantly requeued another (being a tank).

But it does suck. I don't care if you can hardly top 8K dps, but please god get mechanics or your role right. Corla is an execution fight, it's not a dps race.

Rokam

Like I said I never chew people out. I always explain, I just think it's stupid. Okay so you want to learn the fight the real way by guess and check that's fine. But if you ask before the fight... well that defeats the purpose doesn't it?

Raide

Rokam said:
Like I said I never chew people out. I always explain, I just think it's stupid. Okay so you want to learn the fight the real way by guess and check that's fine. But if you ask before the fight... well that defeats the purpose doesn't it?

Asking before fight is fine, then you know what is going to happen. Standard raiding for new players starts with asking them "Everyone know the tactics?"Asking halfway through getting wiped, thats a different matter. :lol

If you play a tank, you have 2 main jobs. Marking targets for the group and explaining tactics. You do this because you actually know what you're doing and it makes it easier for a tank (who controls the pace of the encounter) to mark things up and explain areas that might need the groups attention.

Rokam

Raide said:
Asking before fight is fine, then you know what is going to happen. Standard raiding for new players starts with asking them "Everyone know the tactics?"Asking halfway through getting wiped, thats a different matter. :lol

If you play a tank, you have 2 main jobs. Marking targets for the group and explaining tactics. You do this because you actually know what you're doing and it makes it easier for a tank (who controls the pace of the encounter) to mark things up and explain areas that might need the groups attention.

I'm not the tank. I'm a dps. It's the tank asking every time. :lol

Raide

Rokam said:
I'm not the tank. I'm a dps. It's the tank asking every time. :lol

Oh dear. :lol

If you know the encounter, educate everyone, feel like the boss. :D

I think it is early days and many players have just been getting to 85, so their actual understanding of the dungeons is limited. Hell, there are 85's out there than never knew they had CC abilities!

Rokam

The best is having to type out strats while fighting. I recall H. SFK the 4th boss I put on auto run and was typing go go go go go during the green phase. Red Light Green Light apparently was a very hard game.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Angry Grimace said:
I'm not sure it was worth the trade off to get challenging dungeons by converting 50% of the community into nerdrage-prone elitist dicks.

Aaand ... now they've shown up here!

I think the new queuing system for dungeons is pretty flawed, I like the part where it puts you in a group but theres too much of a chance for the people you get matched up to be dicks.

-Oh you wear plate? We are kicking you because our guildie wants the plate piece of this boss.
-We didn't get the piece of gear we wanted, 3 of us are leaving after 2 bosses.
and other things people can get away with because there is no consequences.

funkmastergeneral said:
How dare those baddies have the same title as you. You deserve a "Really Awesome Starcaller" title and an extra shiny drake so people know how ballin you are at WoW.

Finally someone who knows how I feel.

Rokam said:

I would rather have someone ask than to say after we wipe that they didn't know what to do.

pix

YEAH! Omnitron Defense down. We did the encounter with one tank too! He was a feral druid, tanked everything like a boss. Working on Thalian and Valiana now. :D

moojito

pix said:
YEAH! Omnitron Defense down. We did the encounter with one tank too! He was a feral druid, tanked everything like a boss. Working on Thalian and Valiana now. :D

Nice work. How much hp is your bear rocking? I used to love the absurd health levels on my druid tank, but decided to make my pally my main. Currently at 149k unbuffed.

webrunner

funkmastergeneral said:

Vintage Starcaller

Manus

Heroics aren't even a challenge anymore. Maybe it's because I'm always with guildies and we know all the fights.

J-Rzez

You guys must be new to the game:

In Wrath, Tanks became pricks. ESPECIALLY around the LFG Random Dungeon time. Now they're out of control. It's fun because they like to act all tough a few times when I ran randoms with my guild healer and they get in their mood so we just kick them, I or the Pally healer go tank spec, profit.

As far as people helping others, it rarely happens in the game as long as I've been playing it when it comes to strangers helping. It's always been that way. Mentalities flow over to here though at times with some people throwing official WoW forum-esque posts around, and calling you and your guild bad though they never played with you.

Now don't get me wrong, fights like raids especially with more complex fights you should go to tankspot or where ever and read up/watch a vid on the fight as there's many mechanics involved. But many times with Heroic boss battles, you can just throw out a line or two and put it all in a nutshell.

SquirrelNuckle said:
Heroics aren't even a challenge anymore. Maybe it's because I'm always with guildies and we know all the fights.

They were tough off the bat, but it's amazing how just even 333 and especially 346 gear trivializes nearly every heroic.

pix

moojito said:
Nice work. How much hp is your bear rocking? I used to love the absurd health levels on my druid tank, but decided to make my pally my main. Currently at 149k unbuffed.

He had 179k buffed, we didnt use flasks when we downed him though. The hardest part of the fight for us with the interrupts on arcanotron. Because the tank has to keep hate on both bosses, and switch targets for interrupts, while me (DK) and Shaman tried to interrupt as well. Those were the only interrupts we had in the raid. I love how co-ordinated you have to be in that encounter, was really fun.

pix said:

Grats! The two dragons are a pretty fun fight. However, once we got them down Valiana decided to stay dead up in the air, so we had to have our engineer create the Loot-A-Rang item so we could get the loot.

notworksafe

The WoWpedia I'm reading says level 85 for both of them.

BhmVx.png

Arment

I don't tolerate the people who don't know the fights much.

I know people whose mentality is literally, "Let the nerds figure the strat out I'll let them tell me when its time." Like they're now less of a nerd in their mind for not bothering to learn the strat or go read up on it.

I just bought a new laptop (Dell XPS 17) and lately when I've been playing I get this half a second to a full second freeze. I notice it happens a lot when I loot or when a lot is going on in the game (boss fight). Any ideas what this is? Overheating?

moojito

MagicJackBauer said:
I just bought a new laptop (Dell XPS 17) and lately when I've been playing I get this half a second to a full second freeze. I notice it happens a lot when I loot or when a lot is going on in the game (boss fight). Any ideas what this is? Overheating?

I used to get that when I used the windows xp wireless zero config instead of the utility that came with the wireless adapter. Might be another thing to look into, if you have that.

Ferrio

Banned
Last night I was doing a batol run. We were on the last boss, rogue accidently wasn't in the eye when and died... which killed our dps and we couldn't down the adds. The healer went into rage mode (this was our first wipe), and started to tear into the rogue. Felt so good to kick that asshat healer, especially since there was only 10 minutes left to get the daily and he hadn't gotton it yet.

Rokam

Do knockback abilities have a second component to them that can be resisted? I've hit people with thunderstorm and they don't move an inch. Or are they just getting really lucky and hitting a tiny pebble that stops them from moving?

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Rokam said:
Do knockback abilities have a second component to them that can be resisted? I've hit people with thunderstorm and they don't move an inch. Or are they just getting really lucky and hitting a tiny pebble that stops them from moving?
With luck Knockbacks were hotfixed out of the game.

Rapstah

Rokam said:
Well have you glyphed it?

I also know from experience that Leap of Faith won't pull stunned people to you (last boss of Vortex Pinnacle) so maybe there's some reverse application of that to Thunderstorm.

Ramirez

Rokam said:

You should probably read up on it, not our job to tell you friend.
I keed

Rokam

Rapstah said:
Well have you glyphed it?

I also know from experience that Leap of Faith won't pull stunned people to you (last boss of Vortex Pinnacle) so maybe there's some reverse application of that to Thunderstorm.

Nah, figured it out, there's just some stupid tiny lump of a hill where I was.

If you plan on working with 4 other people to accomplish some greater goal it really is in your best interest to educate yourself. I really don't understand the argument against doing so. Keep wowpedia pulled up so you can alt-tab. Easy and painless.

At this point I've just stopped giving out strats and link wowpedia.com

yanhero

Rokam said:

This is an MMO, its ok to be social.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom