• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Rzez

Yes Arch is a tremendously painful time sink atm, but there's a far greater issue on our hands which is this stupid Queue throttling for Wintergrasp 2.0. I got selected now twice I believe for it. I guess it's my fault there's no ally on this server, and the little that there is are strictly PVE orientated. So yeah, I'm punished for this. Probably the poorest decision Blizzard has made in forever, outside of the whole Vash-zone thing.

Plus Blizzard really overlooked Physical Plate DPS. There's zero JC plans for it for example. Just one usable exalted rep item. They really forgot about Plate DPS. But man, there's no shortage of gear for everything else.

Other than that, it's all good.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
J-Rzez said:
Yes Arch is a tremendously painful time sink atm, but there's a far greater issue on our hands which is this stupid Queue throttling for Wintergrasp 2.0. I got selected now twice I believe for it. I guess it's my fault there's no ally on this server, and the little that there is are strictly PVE orientated. So yeah, I'm punished for this. Probably the poorest decision Blizzard has made in forever, outside of the whole Vash-zone thing.

Plus Blizzard really overlooked Physical Plate DPS. There's zero JC plans for it for example. Just one usable exalted rep item. They really forgot about Plate DPS. But man, there's no shortage of gear for everything else.

I really doubt they forgot plate dps, they are the most played classes in the game.

Dresden

Sullen said:
I'm sorry, but it can still be done nearly exactly as I just described. I went and logged into my 81 warlock, swapped his destro spec to Affliction (it was his off spec anyway) and went into Hyjal to test. All you need is corruption, bane of agony, demon armor instead of fel armor, and a dps oriented pet. I used the succubus in my testing. The only real difference now is you actually have to stop and drain life a target after awhile (I mean after downing a group of like 8-12 mobs) which you never had to do before. Though I could see holding off on that for a while if you use a healthstone or death coil. If you wanted to make it even easier I'm sure you could throw a haunt.

edit: I should say I've never leveled as Destro, so I cant particularly comment on that. It has always been my raiding spec. I have leveled as Demonology in both BC and WoTLK/Cata period. I had hardly touched Affliction since Cata, but from what I just messed with today, it is obviously as powerful or more than it was in BC/WoTLK in terms of leveling.
The kind of gear and talents you have available at 81 is very different from a lower-level warlock. I leveled a worgen lock to 60 recently. Affliction isn't what it used to be... for leveling.

I think corruption ticked for 50 damage, as affliction, when I specced it around 47-ish. So you have that, BaneAg, and UA with glyphed Soul Swap to spread the disease around, and even then it's slower than pulling shit in with your felguard and Hand of Gul'dan, or nuking things with soulfire.

Alex

Plate anything is like the last thing thats forgotten. Shit is everywhere.

My big complaint for craftables is the lack of variety for the Alchemy trinket. Its only for PvP/tanking =/

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Was going to head into Tanaris-Un'Goro-Silithus for my Tauren Paladin, but I decided to opt for the Felwood-Winterspring-wherever approach instead and I'm glad I did. The new Jaedenar quests were awesome as a Paladin. It felt like your own little instance, delving deeper and deeper into Shadow Hold and taking out the "bosses".

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Sullen said:
I'm sorry, but it can still be done nearly exactly as I just described. I went and logged into my 81 warlock, swapped his destro spec to Affliction (it was his off spec anyway) and went into Hyjal to test.
but that's an 81 warlock. not a level 10 warlock. there's no comparing UA or Conflag to Felguard for leveling a warlock from scratch.

Angry Grimace said:
Good lord Blizzard put no effort at all into archeology. They literally made it suck on purpose.

They just half-assed it, and threw in some token epics that you never get to make insane people try it anyways.

I could think of 5 things off the top of my head that would have made this less of shitfest.

I got the Fossilized Raptor Mount today but I agree. Also when you max it out there are no perks. I get that they're grindfest obsessed jerks with everything but I really would have liked to be able to dig anywhere, not run around to various highlighted areas as they spawn.

Not to mention all the races within the same continent are all on the same spawn rotation, so I rarely ever get the chance to dig up Dwarf stuff.

Forgot to add: I love it when the survey glitches out and wants you to go dig outside of the area.

Alex

They need to put more stuff on the JP vendor. Like a trinket, maybe, I've done a lot of heroics still got no 346 trinkets for my offspec =/

mcrae

TurtleSnatcher said:
If I played the game just for the sake of having a good guild and not for playing with friends who aren't exceptional at the game but a pleasure to be around then I would hate the game.

oh... i just normally think that people who are nice/competent/fun to play with also know how to understand fight mechanics. or to put it another way, the only people who fuck up pugs due to losing attention, or making bad decisions or whatever... i normally think those people are just distracted asshats. aka the kind of people who wouldnt be accepted into a good guild. i wouldnt act like a distracted asshat when playing with friends

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Devolution said:
Forgot to add: I love it when the survey glitches out and wants you to go dig outside of the area.
? I'm 347 Arch and this has never happened to me.

Only reason I'm still going is for the titles and achievements and hopefully that Alchemy dragon potion recipe thing.

NameGenerated said:
? I'm 347 Arch and this has never happened to me.

Only reason I'm still going is for the titles and achievements and hopefully that Alchemy dragon potion recipe thing.

I'm maxxed out and it's happened 3 times now. There is a corner in Dire Maul where it does it especially, happened in the same place twice.

Narag

I just noticed the community page shows how many auctions i have active and how many have sold or ended for each character. THat's damn handy.

Tacitus_

J-Rzez said:

There's 3 STR DPS rep epics in the game at the moment...
Ramkahet neck, Hyjal belt and Tol Barad trinket. Or does your "usable" mean "perfectly itemized for the class I play"?

And fuck retarded undecutters. I crafted an epic chest and put it up for 25k BO. Someone crafts a second one and puts it up for 17k? FUCK THAT SHIT.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Tacitus_ said:
And fuck retarded undecutters. I crafted an epic chest and put it up for 25k BO. Someone crafts a second one and puts it up for 17k? FUCK THAT SHIT.
Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif

Dunlop

Tacitus_ said:

Someone put 4 Divine Companions on the AH for 300 gold. I purchased them all and resold for 1800 each the same day

Undercutters FTW :p

Got to do my first heroic tonight. After 34 minutes i got to join a DM run up to ripsnarl. Only one of us had done the dungeon before (the tank) but he was constantly asking us for advice. On ripsnarl we wiped the first time (not really sure why, could be because the tank couldn't hold threat on the bosses).

The tank went all aggro on our healer (priest) telling him he has the least amount of mana his ever seen in a heroic (around 72K) and that he should learn to heal. The tank also ripped into our moonkin who was doing around 6K DPS).

At this point the healer left the group and a shammy healer joined (with around 76K mana). We easily won this time.

We then got up to cookie. We tried explaining the fight but im not sure they quite understood and we wiped a few times. After a few attempts the druid left and we got a hunter. He hadn't been to the DM's before either so we explained the fight. We ended up winning on the first attempt with the hunter (but there was a lot of food on the ground).

The fight with van cleef was the most annoying. Firstly we got up to the part where you have to run down the ramp dodging the fire. Unfortunately our tank didn't seem to realise that fire was bad and died on his way down. When we finally got him to the boss we won easily.

Then the goblin comes out. We weren't sure what to do and sort of expected to have to kill the adds. Bad idea, we wiped of course. The tank flipped out on the hunter telling him he has to volley and MD as their are like 40 adds. We say that we should just burn the boss down. We went back in and won easily.

Then we get to the room with the spinning electricity. Multiple people died trying to get from one end to the other. The boss was a walkover.

Then came the final encounter. We all lined up to choose what rope we wanted. Things were going alright until the healer died standing in a fire. The tank told him off and then complained that people stole his rope (i don't think anyone did nor should it matter).

On the second attempt we won easily. Well except for the hunter who died in the last phase standing in the fire. I checked the DPS meters. The hunter did around 4K DPS with 100% on van cleef and they managed to die in a fire.

Still was fun finally winning a heroic. I look forward to doing more. Also i must say i am very happy with the state of enhance DPS right now:D

Hixx

Tacitus_ said:
Ramkahet neck, Hyjal belt and Tol Barad trinket. Or does your "usable" mean "perfectly itemized for the class I play"?

I love undercutters. People who sell rare gems for 50-100g under market price fuel my JCing empire :lol

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Tacitus_ said:

i havent really looked into it but they were talking about Plate DPS stuff and those two arent plate.

water_wend said:
i havent really looked into it but they were talking about Plate DPS stuff and those two arent plate.

Obviously. The neck piece is strength, so yes it is a plate dps item. As an enhancement shaman I get two reputation epics too, I don't see what the whining is all about.

Manus

Did Baradin Hold for the first time this morning and it was super easy. Man Hunters and Unholy DK's are so OP. I was outputting 15k DPS at one time during the fight. So nice.

Tacitus_

The thing with selling the chest is that there isn't an established price point for it yet. It'd be a huge risk for me to buy it up and try to resell it.

water_wendi said:

All items that have strength on them and no avoidance stats are plate dps items, since they are used by plate DPS.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
funkmastergeneral said:
Obviously. The neck piece is strength, so yes it is a plate dps item. As an enhancement shaman I get two reputation epics too, I don't see what the whining is all about.
You dont have to be a jackass about it. If you are going to include necks, rings and trinkets in a Plate set then there are more items for plate healing than plate dps.

Hixx

Tacitus_ said:
The thing with selling the chest is that there isn't an established price point for it yet. It'd be a huge risk for me to buy it up and try to resell it.

All items that have strength on them and no avoidance stats are plate dps items, since they are used by plate DPS.

Tell that to the tanks. Had one absolutely go nuts on me for rolling against him from the sword off heroic Rajh :lol

Ferrio

Banned
HixxSAFC said:
Tell that to the tanks. Had one absolutely go nuts on me for rolling against him from the sword off heroic Rajh :lol

That's a really really good tanking sword. Mastery + Hit are really good for tanks, least warrior tanks. Think some people forget mastery blurs the lines on what items are for what specs. It has the exact same stats as the current weapon i'm using (cookie's tenderizer)

If it has crit/haste, it is specifically dps. If it has avoidance (parry/dodge) it's strictly tank. Other than that it's for both.

Also I'm pretty sure there isn't a single weapon with parry/dodge at lvl 85. That's the whole point of mastery.

Healing as a paladin in 3s and heroics is so much more fun in cata, I'm pretty much healing myself and 2 others with beacon. Hilarious that its so easy but well get the nerf stick soon enough (unless its like this for everyone). We'll try raiding this week and hopefully that recaptures what BC did for me.

fuck wrath babies ruining pugs

Hixx

I didn't say it wasn't a tanking sword. I did say he had a bitch fit over a dps rolling for it when I'd get the same benefit from it that he would. It's a pretty fucking great sword for dual wield frost and so very few pugs manage to make it all the way through HoO there was no way I was letting him get a free roll at it.

Rapstah

cuevas said:
Hilarious that its so easy but well get the nerf stick soon enough (unless its like this for everyone).
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

:lol :lol :lol

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

:lol :lol

:lol

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

J-Rzez

Tacitus_ said:

Basically. Other stuff is perfectly usable for other classes, but the plate oversight in general is sad (quest rewards/professions). Mastery is rubbish for me (just basically like expertise). It could have been more "generalized" to fit all plate dps and specs I think.

Care to defend their decision on not putting in Plate DPS JC plans, or did you overlook that one because it's not even an itemization thing, as there simply is none, while there is stuff that's usable for basically everyone else?

funkmastergeneral said:

I get a whopping one piece of gear.

Ramirez

I was wearing a green chest piece up until last night, hadn't seen a single Mail dps chest piece drop anywhere, had to get the JP one. I'm pretty sure every class thinks there isn't enough loot for them, heh. I did not see any shortage of cloth or druid loot during this time though.

Ripclawe

Banned
so storyline wise, is it being set up for the Forsaken to be the enemy of everyone? The rest of the horde seem to be realizing the undead is up to stuff even they can't get behind.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Ripclawe said:
so storyline wise, is it being set up for the Forsaken to be the enemy of everyone? The rest of the horde seem to be realizing the undead is up to stuff even they can't get behind.
They can't cut a playable race into being an enemy, but Sylvanas will probably have to be killed at some point in the story.

KJTB

So I've basically finished the BG grind on my DK and have decided to level my 71 lock that I haven't touched since the beginning of wrath...

This is honestly the most confusing thing EVER :lol

Narag

Dance In My Blood said:
They can't cut a playable race into being an enemy, but Sylvanas will probably have to be killed at some point in the story.

Make her a raid boss. Forsaken need some new blood as their leader.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Narag said:
Make her a raid boss. Forsaken need some new blood as their leader.
The problem with this is that Blizzard forgot to make an undead character important enough to take her place.

They don't usually think very far ahead when it comes to the story. Unless the new undead leader winds up being Anduin Wrynn, who seems to be on a course to play a major part in the story.

Won

Wow, this Tol Barad battleground is some really terrible stuff. How did this get released? And I thought Archelogy is the worst addition to this expansion.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Won said:
Wow, this Tol Barad battleground is some really terrible stuff. How did this get released? And I thought Archelogy is the worst addition to this expansion.
Thrall?

Dance In My Blood said:
The problem with this is that Blizzard forgot to make an undead character important enough to take her place.

They don't usually think very far ahead when it comes to the story. Unless the new undead leader winds up being Anduin Wrynn, who seems to be on a course to play a major part in the story.

I dont think they will have the Forsaken split off in WoW. They are clearly setting them up as a new enemy, but the pace is quite slow, so I think they will be waiting till Warcraft 4 before having the Forsaken become a third faction.

They will do a Warcraft 4 eventually, if just to lay the groundwork for WoW2.

notsol337

marked forever
Ripclawe said:

By "the rest of the Horde" I assume you mean Garrosh.

He's not my warchief! My forsaken mage/rogue adhere to Thrall and the Dark Lady.

"Don't use the blight on Gilneas" my foot!

Narag

notsol337 said:
By "the rest of the Horde" I assume you mean Garrosh.

He's not my warchief! My forsaken mage/rogue adhere to Thrall and the Dark Lady.

"Don't use the blight on Gilneas" my foot!

But Thrall would be even more disapproving.

Twig

Banned
More like "the rest of the Horde" all hate each other.

Garrosh vs. Vol'jin

Garrosh vs. Sylvanas

Garrosh vs... well I'm sure he hates the gobbos too since he put 'em in the ghetto with the trolls.

oh

it's just garrosh

MY HOMEBOY GARROSH STIRRIN' UP THE POT

REPRESENT

Rokam

Can't really make a ruling on Sylvannas going all out evil till we get a quest like The Brothers Bronzebeard. Of course this would mean Blizzard actually bringing back Alleria and Vereesa actually doing something.

Narag

Rokam said:
Can't really make a ruling on Sylvannas going all out evil till we get a quest like The Brothers Bronzebeard. Of course this would mean Blizzard actually bringing back Alleria and Vereesa actually doing something.

Worgen starting quest sold me on her needing to go.

Narag said:
Worgen starting quest sold me on her needing to go.

There's always hamming it up for Teh Evulz with antagonists in video game storytelling, even if you can play the other side.

Speaking of which, Blizzard's cutscenes suck. They bug out quests, sometimes cannot be ESCed out of, have shitty voice acting, go on too long, and even when you have player involvement can be alt-tabbed thru to no detriment. If I see one more like this between me and a blue, I'm just going to AOE grind to 85. Even Tetsuya Takahashi smartened up and don't do this shit any more.

Alex

You can skip them all and not miss any story and they're all short as hell. Are you seriously comparing them to Xenotard shit? :lol That is some Jrez level overreaction.

Narag

Twig said:
Just because you prefer furries over necros doesn't make the furries better.

Nah, meant the politics she was running behind Garrosh's back. I understand they brought Garrosh and Varian to the forefront to help rebuild the antagonistic atmosphere between the factions but Sylvanas remains a wild card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom