• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I hated them recycling stuff in WOTLK I wish they would have brought back pally t6 in some way. Now that Tauren can wear them it makes it epic.

28wnk1z.jpg

mcrae

Scrow said:
what's the go to spec for raiding locks these days? I did some napkin theorycrafting in my head and came up with a afflic build with 6 points in destro to buff shadowbolt and 3 points in demo to buff imp's firebolt.

haven't really done much research though. what's a lock's stat priority?

succubus is your damage dealer in dungeons. if you want imp for personal preference sure, otherwise i wouldnt use it.

depending on your build, here is useful information (from one of the threads at elitist jerks)
http://code.google.com/p/simulationcraft/wiki/WarlockPreRaidWarlock#WarlockAfflictionPreRaid

stat priority:
Code:
 	       Sta 	 Int 	 SP 	 Hit 	 Crit 	 Haste 	 Mastery
Scale Factors 	0.0262 	2.9937 	2.4187 	1.5690 	0.9617 	1.2767 	0.9037

another good resource, for items, gemming, and enchants to prepare for heroics:
http://wowmb.net/forums/f22/40772-gearing_cataclysm_heroics_raiding/

SUPARSTARX

cuevas said:
As much as I hated them recycling stuff in WOTLK I wish they would have brought back pally t6 in some way. Now that Tauren can wear them it makes it epic.
Hehe, I collect a lot of my old tier sets. My warrior has a few of the older tier armors. Worgen looks tiiiight in them.

All my gear is pretty much as its peak.. All 346's but 1 item and I have 3 359's..

I just need to raid now. We've done some Baradin Holds.. and tried Omnitron and finally got him down this past week.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
water_wendi said:
The guy that sold the Nightfin Soup and Poached Sunscale recipes is gone in Cataclysm. He used to be in Tanaris at Steamwheedle Port. As Horde there is literally no other recipe to level with other than Clamlette Magnifique from 250-285, fishing or no fishing.
Damn. That's bullshit. They should've just moved him into Gadgetzan and it would've solved any hassle.

elsanglin.com says to grab the recipe for Redgill at Booty Bay and fish in open water. Moonglade is a nice spot from what I can remember. Outside of that, naga hunting for clams is the only other way till you hit 275.

Alex said:
You can skip them all and not miss any story and they're all short as hell. Are you seriously comparing them to Xenotard shit? :lol That is some Jrez level overreaction.

Unnerved and confused comments aside, I don't know what they did with their stuff past Wrathgate (which kicked ass and was well-directed), but it's a problem of quantity over quality, I guess. It's the only thing I've seen so far in Catackalism that I've flat out disliked on sight and feel it's just bad and bad for a bad reason.

Hell, when they'd have bad boss VA (BLADES OF LIGHT) it was quick, and you were fighting a boss at the time, and also the lore stuff after Illidan and KJ for example was not getting in your way and again, had good VA. This is amateur stuff from mid-gen PSX JRPG flops, not some great innovation, and it breaks up pacing and feel instead of enhancing it.

6 years of one fucking CTF map? If this was anyone other than Blizzard there would be so much shit thrown their way but its Blizzard so people go on and on about "polish."

If it's any consolation, they change them enough for it to be like there's been 6 CTFs. *insert "BRING BACK KORRAK!!!" AV circa 1.5 plea here* :p

mcrae

DeathNote said:
Where do you guys go to find BIS? I'd like to see a top 10 for every class. Max DPS and EJ disagree.

ive just been googling. they may disagree but BIS depends on spec, and also what other items they have. so the best item in bracer slot depends on what is in all other slots, so cant really blame them for disagreeing. im sure you realize this though. i suppose all that matters is which set of gear can get a better result from simulations

colinp

Banned
markot said:
Cooking is only worth lvling during thanksgiving. Its broken outside of that, its so stupid.

Is there really a good reason to level cooking besides to tick it off the list because it's there? Like fishing I feel like people do it because it's there rather than because it is actually useful...

Rokam

I think a BiS list is going to be harder to create now with reforging. Ideally once you have every piece of gear available then one can be made, but since you'll be reforging to to get hit/expertise capped, or casters/healer pushing your haste to certain points to get in an extra tick, I just can't see there being a true BiS list like we've had in the past.

colinp said:
Is there really a good reason to level cooking besides to tick it off the list because it's there? Like fishing I feel like people do it because it's there rather than because it is actually useful...

I make myself buff food.

SUPARSTARX

DeathNote said:
Where do you guys go to find BIS? I'd like to see a top 10 for every class. Max DPS and EJ disagree.
The math behind the games mechanics are pretty basic right now. Not as basic as vanilla, but definitely more basic than Burning Crusade and Wrath put together. I've never had the need to consult those websites for much information when I played my rogue back then but from what I recall, Max DPS isn't even accurate at all. They used to just put down the pieces of gear in each slot that drops from the latest cutting edge raid and called it a day.

I'm sure the top % of EJ theorists would hold more weight from dissecting the math. At one point I posted on EJ saying agility is the best gem for rogues during Sunwell Plateau. I got laughed at pre3.0 for posting that. I think I got banned or infracted for "posting misinformation." Post 3.0 patch, every high end raiding rogue stuffed agility gems into their sockets in all their gear. Right now there's still a ton of morons that post on EJ and try to look smart but really don't hold weight and I'm afraid people read it and take it as legit fact. So there's a ton of confusion going around sometimes.

For now, it depends on if your mastery is good or not for your spec. For the most part, the general consensus is your primary stat (str, agi, int, sta) > mastery > haste / crit or crit / haste. Some more favorable than others.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Scrow said:
what's the go to spec for raiding locks these days? I did some napkin theorycrafting in my head and came up with a afflic build with 6 points in destro to buff shadowbolt and 3 points in demo to buff imp's firebolt.

haven't really done much research though. what's a lock's stat priority?
Every lock of every variety pretty much requires the points in Imp. Soul Fire.

Twig

Banned
colinp said:
Cool pets.

And I enjoy doing it.

Suck on that!

Dresden

Macattk15 said:
Leveling archaeology makes me hate myself.

I know I'm never gonna get Zin'rokh ... dunno why I'm doing it.
I gave up after 100 or so when I realized I wouldn't get points anymore from actually digging shit up. It was tedious enough at that point, didn't want to bother going on.

Macattk15 said:

I find it really relaxing actually. Gives me something to do while waiting for the DPS queue to pop.

On another note, I am starting to hate General Husam on Heroic. Lost City has been popping waaay more than any other for me latelyand I'm tired of looking at him.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Angry Grimace said:
Every lock of every variety pretty much requires the points in Imp. Soul Fire.
i suppose you'd then also put 2 points into Emberstorm for the -1 sec cast time on soul fire?

Alex

We plug up empty spots with PUG DPS for heroics lately.

I am completely astonished how you can get 4-5k DPS in a Heroic at 85. I get about 4k just auto attacking. To be fair, I'm at ilvl 349, all heroic pieces with an epic ring and some epic boots, I'm not much of a min/maxer, but I am a decent player, and I can get 13-15k on a lot of these bosses, depending on buffs, luck, and what it is. That seems to be the almost perfect median of what my casual guildies all do.

Now I'm not asking for that, I'm asking people to drop a respectable 7-8k if they're fairly fresh faced. 4k is what we were doing in our steam roll runs a month or two after WOTLK hit.

mcrae

Alex said:
We plug up empty spots with PUG DPS for heroics lately.

I am completely astonished how you can get 4-5k DPS in a Heroic at 85. I get about 4k just auto attacking. To be fair, I'm at ilvl 349, all heroic pieces with an epic ring and some epic boots, I'm not much of a min/maxer, but I am a decent player, and I can get 13-15k on a lot of these bosses, depending on buffs, luck, and what it is. That seems to be the almost perfect median of what my casual guildies all do.

Now I'm not asking for that, I'm asking people to drop a respectable 7-8k if they're fairly fresh faced. 4k is what we were doing in our steam roll runs a month or two after WOTLK hit.

5k is just what peopel do in ilvl 329 gear. well, more like 6k. but still.

Alex

If you can hit the requirement and drop a couple of cheap enchants, etc, you can easily nab 7k+ in a heroic, which to me is the minimum. I first started at ilvl 331 and wound up doing 8-9k on most bosses (as elemental, now enhance), trash always varies.

I'm not some ogre, I don't mind carrying a little slack, and I don't persecute people for it, but 4-5k in a heroic is just way too weak and usually earns a kick for us. Again, our melee tear teams could do 3.5-4k back in Naxx 10 gear towards the start of WOTLK in heroics.

I realize I'm vastly overestimating the capabilities of a lot of these puggers, to come prepared and do their homework, etc, but I just wanted to vent a little :lol

mcrae

DeathNote said:
nah, i faceroll 8k in 312. no gems or enchants.

and would you say, from your experience, that this is normal at that ilvl gear, judging by dps meters in level 85 dungeons you enter?

Alex

Oh, I did the most nerdish thing I've done in a long time in a game today. My Shaman is rather new, well, not new but I got it to the mid-60s back when BC started and stopped (it's my main at 85 now).

So it has nothing really cool, so I went today and farmed up Cenarion Expedition to exalted, because I really like those Hippogryphs. I expected a major uphill climb but it went really, really fast. Couple of hours while watching some old TV shows I've been meaning to catch up on.

Started at mid-way through revered. Ran the heroic version of each coilfang instance once, then did a few extra runs of Steamvaults. That stuff really shot up fast. Got to 11-12k into revered then turned in most of the zillion armaments I found. Sold the rest for some surprisingly good profit.

Really love this mount type, and it's nice to have an uncommon kind of one without it being a damn dragon. So sick of seeing dragons.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
mcrae said:
5k is just what peopel do in ilvl 329 gear. well, more like 6k. but still.
i was cracking 8-9k in 329 ilvl as my feral kitty on single target boss encounters. no enchants, no gems.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Macattk15 said:

I'm at 525 and it was the biggest waste of time in my entire WoW playing days.

ch0mp

Few upcoming changes. More at link.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1829962#blog

Some additional class-specific tweaks (keeping in mind this is not the full list):

Even after we fixed their mastery, Feral druid bleeds still do a lot of damage and are undispellable. We plan to shift some of that damage back to main attacks. They are also a little too hard to control. Given that they are already hard to root, snare, or polymorph, we think the fear immunity from Berserk is too much.
Arms warrior burst damage might still be too high in PvP, while we don’t have a great way to adjust their sustained damage for PvE. The Lambs to the Slaughter talent is a good place to address this. We also might nerf warrior stuns.
We think Arms and Fury warriors are getting too much damage out of Heroic Strike. We want it to be clear that it’s a rage dump and not make it the hardest hitting ability.
For Holy priests, we’re increasing Chakra’s duration and changing Surge of Light so it can now from Flash Heal and Greater Heal and can crit.
We’re making some additional buffs, such as Pain Suppression and Barkskin, undispellable.
We’re buffing Wild Mushroom. It’s a cool spell that isn’t getting enough play.
Empowered Touch will now benefit from Regrowth as well. We’re also buffing the Glyph of Regrowth.
We are looking at Holy Concentration (after our most recent buff) and Omen of Clarity to make sure they don’t account for too much mana savings.
We are probably going to remove Drain Mana from warlocks. It is incredibly situational in PvE but causes problems in PvP. This might mean we need to evaluate Mana Burn as well.
Inferno will no longer increase the radius of Hellfire.
Shadow and Flame can now proc from Incinerate in addition to Shadow Bolt.
We want to redesign Improved Soulfire.
Censure will no longer break Repentance.
As part of the Marks and Beastmaster buffs, we’re buffing Aimed Shot, Kill Shot, Chimera Shot, and Kill Command.
To reduce mage control, we are discussing reducing the duration of Frost Nova and Ring of Frost.
We want to make it clear that Combat is intended to use fast off-hand weapons. We also want to polish Revealing Strike a bit.
We want to make sure Enhancement shaman avoid caster weapons.
We want to make sure Unholy DKs prefer two-handed weapons.
Necrotic Strike needs to be affected by resilience.
For Cataclysm, we changed Death Strike almost completely into an ability for Blood DK tanks, which is a bit unfortunate. We want to make sure it is still a useful button for Frost or Unholy DKs who need healing.
We also want to address DK mobility in PvP.
We think we overnerfed Every Man for Himself, and are reverting it back to a 2-minute cooldown again. We might evaluate other racials after we’ve seen more PvP.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I'm playing my Worgen DK right now, and I don't even have a profession on it. I just mail stuff to my friend if I need a disenchant (which, right now, is all I ever really need a profession for)

Dresden

markot said:
They didnt mention buffing disc priests >.<
Priests are a little weak in PvP, especially at mobile healing. We have made some changes to glyphs and talents to enhance their survivability and instant healing.

Add in comments about warrior burst and feral fear immune, along with the weakness of priest CC and it's pretty decent overall.

Macattk15

Are they serious? Nerfing Arms warriors but leaving Frost Mages completely untouched?

Oh boy they might reduce the duration of Frost Nova.

Never ever have I had a class fuck my face so much in PvP. You don't even need to be skilled.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
i don't like the idea of druid bleeds getting nerfed. that's one thing that defines the class/spec and makes us competitive with other melee DPS.

and berserk is just becoming a damage increasing ability now? bleh, don't like these feral changes at all.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Macattk15 said:
Are they serious? Nerfing Arms warriors but leaving Frost Mages completely untouched?

Oh boy they might reduce the duration of Frost Nova.

Never ever have I had a class fuck my face so much in PvP. You don't even need to be skilled.
Truth be told, it's been that way since the beginning of time. Frost Mages drill Warriors, much in the same way that Shaman would be Rogue fodder (and they even took out the ability to abolish poison both via the spell & totem which was the Shaman's only defence against them).

Every class has their achilles heel or two.

Twig

Banned
Almost everything drills me as a warrior. ;_;

I probably suck, but I can't kill shit (ranged, mostly) if it can repeatedly snare or root me. And I went into a rated BG and couldn't use my PvP trinket. What the fuck? Guess I'm not doing rateds. |:

So frustrating.

Dresden

speedpop said:
Truth be told, it's been that way since the beginning of time. Frost Mages drill Warriors, much in the same way that Shaman would be Rogue fodder (and they even took out the ability to abolish poison both via the spell & totem which was the Shaman's only defence against them).

Every class has their achilles heel or two.
I don't know, resto shaman are untouchable and enhance has a good chance so long as wolves are up. It's only elementals that get raped by rogues now... like they get raped by every melee in the game.

And warriors have more tools than ever to combat kiting, so it's hard for me to sympathize for them. Mages are just ridiculous right now, though. Hopping around spamming ice lance, yo.

Alex

I hope they dont fuck with the numbers too much when they discourage enhance from taking spellpower weapons. Just make Flametongue an offhand or one hand imbue that can't be used on MH while dual wielding, no need to mess with a perfectly middle of the road spec. All specs of Shaman are pretty ideal for actual numbers balance, it's uncanny.

confuziz

Banned
Well after a few mails i got from blizzard, I realise they ain't giving me the account back for some reason (read previous page(s) if you want to know the story). Well..that's that.. I guess..

I just send them this as a goodbye note :

I get it now. You don't want my money, I understand that.

I'll play my PS3 instead.

Goodday sir.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom