• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
I think its more likely that sylvannas' story will be one of redemption. perhaps she goes down a long dark path of evil, but has one last chance to turn back. like that lore guy from blizzard said, he's a sucker for redemption stories.

that lament of the highborne event is hinting that sylv still has a thread of humanity.

mcrae

so after finding Grips of the Failed Immortal, http://www.wowhead.com/item=67132 earlier today,
i got into a raid group tonight to kill the rare world raid boss julak doom, and with a 99 won the caster 1h http://www.wowhead.com/item=67246 , also a BOE

again im not sure if i want to sell or not lol. finally dinged 85 too. today was quite the success! i think im going to sell the weapon and equip the hands, since its easier to replace the weapon than the hands, i think.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Dresden said:
She's the Kerrigan of WoW. Meaning that she just needs to be saved by a manly man.
I could see her redemption coming in the form of self-sacrifice rather than salvation, just to distance her slightly from kerrigan.

SUPARSTARX

mcrae said:
so after finding Grips of the Failed Immortal, http://www.wowhead.com/item=67132 earlier today,
i got into a raid group tonight to kill the rare world raid boss julak doom, and with a 99 won the caster 1h http://www.wowhead.com/item=67246 , also a BOE

again im not sure if i want to sell or not lol. finally dinged 85 too. today was quite the success! i think im going to sell the weapon and equip the hands, since its easier to replace the weapon than the hands, i think.
I'd sell it. For a fair amount of good too. Think about the PUG experience. It's still kinda hard for some people who are down on luck to get a decent weapon. You'd be able to make a nice profit off it.

Twig

Banned
Narag said:
Nah, meant the politics she was running behind Garrosh's back. I understand they brought Garrosh and Varian to the forefront to help rebuild the antagonistic atmosphere between the factions but Sylvanas remains a wild card.
That's why Sylvanas is awesome...

She doesn't need redemption, you crazy people.

Rokam

Twig said:
That's why Sylvanas is awesome...

She doesn't need redemption, you crazy people.

I agree with you, at least for right now. She's the perfect character and I hope they don't plan on killing her off or redeeming her just yet. I've played alliance for most of WoW, and really didn't care much for the Horde leadership outside of Thrall (Enjoyed Lord of the Clans). But hot damn Silverpine Forest sold me on Sylvannas, such an amazing character.

Garrosh: What makes you any different than the Lich King.
Sylvannas: Isn't it obvious, I serve the Horde

moojito

I'm quite surprised at how low dps is, generally. I read that post on the previous page about a hunter doing 15k and calling that OP. Some folk were cranking out numbers like that at level 80! True I'm talking on a total tank n spank (for melee at least) like saurfang, but I'd still expect to see numbers a lot higher than I have been in raids.

Rapstah

moojito said:
I'm quite surprised at how low dps is, generally. I read that post on the previous page about a hunter doing 15k and calling that OP. Some folk were cranking out numbers like that at level 80! True I'm talking on a total tank n spank (for melee at least) like saurfang, but I'd still expect to see numbers a lot higher than I have been in raids.
I'm assuming well geared DPS classes can pull around 20 000 in raids though.

cdyhybrid

So I'm going to make my DK my main again, since I'm getting burned out leveling my Goblin Rogue. I want to make it a tank (DW Frost offspec) but there are a few things that I'm concerned about. He's level 80 with ToC raid and IC Heroic DPS gear, no tanking gear, and I have very limited tanking experience, basically only on a lower level druid (mid 40s).

Any advice for me? Should I level up a DK from scratch and tank the entire way up just to figure out what I'm doing? I really don't want to be a terrible tank and a burden to my groups, but I also don't want to lose all my achievements and mounts :lol

Lumine

Blood is the sole tanking tree since 4.0 for DK's I think. Frost and Unholy are DPS only. And why go back to level 58 when you already have a level 80 one? Just head to the new cataclysm area's (hyjal/vashjir) and start questing. You'll pick up some new tanking pieces quickly and then you can queue up for the dungeon finder as a tank soon enough.

Tacitus_

J-Rzez said:
Basically. Other stuff is perfectly usable for other classes, but the plate oversight in general is sad (quest rewards/professions). Mastery is rubbish for me (just basically like expertise). It could have been more "generalized" to fit all plate dps and specs I think.

Care to defend their decision on not putting in Plate DPS JC plans, or did you overlook that one because it's not even an itemization thing, as there simply is none, while there is stuff that's usable for basically everyone else?

And mastery is allright for me while haste is shit. Boo-hoo. Mastery is supposed to be the generalized stat that's great for everyone, whine about mastery sucking for your class instead of there being items with mastery on them for your class.

And I didn't go to the JC stuff since I don't want to argue about things I don't know. I haven't looked at JC for BoP items since I don't intend to level it on my main character.

Oh and mastery, hit and expertise are not "dps" stats. They're used by tanks as well.

notsol337

marked forever
Narag said:
Worgen starting quest sold me on her needing to go.

Worgen starting quest sold me on her needing to use the blight, but that's just me.

I'm just saying that Garrosh doesn't have half the pull with anyone that Thrall did. If Thrall had been like "LISTEN BITCH NO" she'd have been like "blah fine" and unleashed A BILLIONS constructs on Gilneas. People like Thrall.

Bite me, Garrosh.

confuziz

Banned
After 2 years I wanted to get back to WoW, but apparently the account got suspended during my break. I send them a mail and I got this back ;

Please be aware that the transfer, sale or exchange of a World of Warcraft account is against the Terms of Use ( http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company/about/termsofuse.html), the relevant part of which can be found in Section 1 Paragraph 5 of which states:

"Blizzard Entertainment does not recognize the transfer of Accounts, and any unauthorized transfer of the World of Warcraft software will result in the permanent deletion of the Account attached to that software.

You may not offer any Account for sale or trade, and any such offer:

i - is a violation of this Agreement;
ii - may result in suspension or termination of the Account at Blizzard Entertainment's sole and absolute discretion; and
iii - will not be opposable to Blizzard Entertainment."

As such, we regret to inform you that we cannot support accounts which have lost their original ownership as the account you mentioned was created using another name as yours.

Can someone explain this to me what the hell it means?

confuziz

Banned
NameGenerated said:
Your account was hacked and the hacker tried to sell it?

Well i did change the personal info at some time because my brother gave it to me. Are they seriously implying that my brother can't give an account to me?

Fuck it..

notworksafe

confuziz said:
Well i did change the personal info at some time because my brother gave it to me. Are they seriously implying that my brother can't give an account to me?

Fuck it..
They aren't "implying" anything. They are directly stating that no one can give away an account.

Anyone else's server seemingly give up on 25 man raiding? While going over the rankings on wowprogress to see where my guild currently stands, it seems like only 7 guild total have even downed one 25 man boss. 25 man raids are a dying breed.

Manus

moojito said:

15k single target against a raid boss is low? That's just the steady dps, popping my trinket can get me to 17k, but it doesn't stay there long. People forget ICC had a huge buff for everyone.

FLEABttn

Banned
funkmastergeneral said:
Anyone else's server seemingly give up on 25 man raiding? While going over the rankings on wowprogress to see where my guild currently stands, it seems like only 7 guild total have even downed one 25 man boss. 25 man raids are a dying breed.

Hilarious if true.

mcrae

SquirrelNuckle said:
15k single target against a raid boss is low? That's just the steady dps, popping my trinket can get me to 17k, but it doesn't stay there long. People forget ICC had a huge buff for everyone.

as a warlock, elitist jerks are telling me i will max out between 21 and 22.5k dps with endgame gear. so i expect to reasonably hit 20k after a couple months. 15k is pretty decent right now i'd imagine. (im only just starting heroics now so take that with a grain of salt i guess)

edit: 22k is only with heroic/rep gear. 27k is what locks can hit with raid gear.

mcrae

funkmastergeneral said:

on bleeding hollow this is true. we have #20 guild in US, and some other top 200s, and none have attempted 25s yet.

CAW

confuziz said:

Fuck it..
I don't believe that would cause the account to be suspended even though technically it could due to the TOS; but I'm using a friends old account that I've been using for the past five years. The account username is the same (can't be changed) but that's about it. It's my name, address, credit card info and my BNET account tied into it. Same goes for my brother. He too is using a friends old account and has been for awhile with no issues.

So I believe someone might have hacked your account, somehow managed to change the email address attached to it, and sold it. If your email address is still attached to the account, then and the password was changed, you should have gotten an email saying it was changed (and even had to confirm the change from the email itself).

I'd look into if I were you. You might be able to get the account back if it was indeed hacked. However, if you're going to call up Blizzard, have your brother do it since it's his account.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
You can't officially give an account to someone, even a family member.

Unofficially? My account is in someone else's name for 5 years. If I called them up and said I'm not the account holder there would be problems, but they take my credit card without issue. If they ever make a stink, she will just say I'm her boyfriend that pays her way.

If you call them you need to say you are the other person and know the security answers.

kai3345

Banned
OMG this moment was so amazing. Sent chills down my spine.
gVWTK.jpg

I really despise the new WSG, with the last team who scores wins, it just leads to a team capping once and turtling the rest of the game. If two teams tie at the end both should just lose. Not to mention I miss actually having to cap 3. At first I wanted a time limit but it makes for worse play not better.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Leveling up Cooking as Horde is a total nightmare now. Most of the recipes in the 250-285 area for Horde are absent from the game now that Bloodvenom Post is gone. Bear Steaks and Kabobs are unobtainable now so you need to level Clamlette Magnifique which is yellow at 250 and turns green at like 270. Be prepared for a lot of clams. In the end, those 35 points cost me 85 clams and about 2 hours of farming.

J-Rzez

Tacitus_ said:
And mastery is allright for me while haste is shit. Boo-hoo. Mastery is supposed to be the generalized stat that's great for everyone, whine about mastery sucking for your class instead of there being items with mastery on them for your class.

And I didn't go to the JC stuff since I don't want to argue about things I don't know. I haven't looked at JC for BoP items since I don't intend to level it on my main character.

Oh and mastery, hit and expertise are not "dps" stats. They're used by tanks as well.

Hey, all I said was there was a severe lack of Plate DPS gear (especially that's usable by more than one class/spec basically) be it from quest rewards, professions, or reputation. JC totally screwed over Plate DPS and that's a FACT.

OH, and I know what mastery, hit, and expertise are. But when something has Expertise and then grants a STR proc, that's a wasted stat item. Yeah, STR will work for tanks but not like pure mitigation/avoidance stats. That's just an example. Reforging is a "ok" band-aid at times, but it's only worth 40% of a stat basically, so there's still wasted stats.

suzu

water_wendi said:
Leveling up Cooking as Horde is a total nightmare now. Most of the recipes in the 250-285 area for Horde are absent from the game now that Bloodvenom Post is gone. Bear Steaks and Kabobs are unobtainable now so you need to level Clamlette Magnifique which is yellow at 250 and turns green at like 270. Be prepared for a lot of clams. In the end, those 35 points cost me 85 clams and about 2 hours of farming.

Yeah there's several missing cooking/fishing recipes that were taken out by Cataclysm. I believe there was some at Steamwheedle but that place is gone too.

Nymerio

water_wendi said:

It's been a while since I leveled cooking, but I think it's really easy if you level it together with fishing. You can basically cook all the fish you catch if you fish at the right places.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Nymerio said:
It's been a while since I leveled cooking, but I think it's really easy if you level it together with fishing. You can basically cook all the fish you catch if you fish at the right places.
The guy that sold the Nightfin Soup and Poached Sunscale recipes is gone in Cataclysm. He used to be in Tanaris at Steamwheedle Port. As Horde there is literally no other recipe to level with other than Clamlette Magnifique from 250-285, fishing or no fishing.

Tacitus_

J-Rzez said:
Hey, all I said was there was a severe lack of Plate DPS gear (especially that's usable by more than one class/spec basically) be it from quest rewards, professions, or reputation. JC totally screwed over Plate DPS and that's a FACT.

OH, and I know what mastery, hit, and expertise are. But when something has Expertise and then grants a STR proc, that's a wasted stat item. Yeah, STR will work for tanks but not like pure mitigation/avoidance stats. That's just an example. Reforging is a "ok" band-aid at times, but it's only worth 40% of a stat basically, so there's still wasted stats.

Meh, I found myself fairly well equipped for heroics after leveling up. The only glaring thing was the lack of a ranged weapon with STR on it. You have some ilvl ~310 green and then the next thing is either a raid trash drop or the pvp one. (Obviously didn't pay any attention for str based relics.)

And exp trinkets with STR procs are just bad itemization, which is to be expected at this level. Hell, blizz even stated that they won't itemize everything perfectly (even if they knew how to do that) for the first tier so the next tier's gear is both better itemized and higher in stats.

And the hit/mastery/exp was for HixxSAFC-Ferrio exchange, knew I should've clarified about the stats...

notworksafe

DeathNote said:
is there not a tol barad group? or do people kick others out?
On my server the problem is the forced balancing in TB. The larger faction (Horde in my case) is limited to not having more players in the battleground than the smaller side. So the larger side gets screwed because no one can get in TB to play.

I believe the minimum is 10, though. There are often times where there will be 10 Horde but like 7-8 Alliance. It's depressing.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
notworksafe said:
On my server the problem is the forced balancing in TB. The larger faction (Horde in my case) is limited to not having more players in the battleground than the smaller side. So the larger side gets screwed because no one can get in TB to play.
The way around this is to be on the bridge as your team wins. If you are Defending this is easy to predict.. Offense its very difficult to pull off. If you are in TB proper when the countdown ends you will get commendations/rep/honor just like you won. When we control TB there about 30-50 people just waiting at bridge to get the credit for the win.

And yea, the balancing is horrible. Tenacity wasnt elegant but its much better than being locked out of a game you are paying for. TB as it is now is just garbage. It and the new BGs are easily the worst thing about Cataclysm by far. Wrath at least had some kind of interesting PVP zone attached to the game to keep me interested for a long time. The new BGs are nice but they are basically new maps for old games and should have been added in along with 10 other variants 5 years ago. 6 years of one fucking CTF map? If this was anyone other than Blizzard there would be so much shit thrown their way but its Blizzard so people go on and on about "polish."

C.Dark.DN

Banned
notworksafe said:

I believe the minimum is 10, though. There are often times where there will be 10 Horde but like 7-8 Alliance. It's depressing.
What about after it lets you join? I remember being in a raid for a few minutes then I wasn't. I was able to help and get credit at the end.

Seems like a potential loop hole if you can kick people out who got in to pile people up.

Photon

notworksafe said:

I suspect the matchmaking rounds up to the next 5. We've got no horde on my server.. I was in a TB where only 5 alliance could get in and we only ever found 1 horde. He tried his best to cap though.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
mcrae said:
as a warlock, elitist jerks are telling me i will max out between 21 and 22.5k dps with endgame gear. so i expect to reasonably hit 20k after a couple months. 15k is pretty decent right now i'd imagine. (im only just starting heroics now so take that with a grain of salt i guess)

edit: 22k is only with heroic/rep gear. 27k is what locks can hit with raid gear.
what's the go to spec for raiding locks these days? I did some napkin theorycrafting in my head and came up with a afflic build with 6 points in destro to buff shadowbolt and 3 points in demo to buff imp's firebolt.

haven't really done much research though. what's a lock's stat priority?

Raide

Scrow said:
what's the go to spec for raiding locks these days? I did some napkin theorycrafting in my head and came up with a afflic build with 6 points in destro to buff shadowbolt and 3 points in demo to buff imp's firebolt.

haven't really done much research though. what's a lock's stat priority?

http://elitistjerks.com/f80/

Best to read all the info here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom