• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Rzez

Dipindots said:
No no, resil is amazing I assure you. I have 30% damage reduction right now and it's AMAZING. You really begin to notice a big increase in survivability once you hit the 2500 mark. I'll have even more once I get my pvp chest but that's going to take another week because I'm gonna just get the vicious one so I can't be bothered to grind for the blue piece. That was the quickest he got me down, it usually took a little longer but it's more that warriors have ridiculous burst atm. I don't really stack resil.

Here's my armory page

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/frostmane/hilawl/simple

Oh ok, I was worried there for a sec. So it's still like nearly every other season, or last arena season for example where you noticed it at say ~800resi.

Yeah, I know Wars are nuts right now, as I did some arena's with my RL friend last night before realizing the changes they made to the points system and rating system as a whole. We went double DPS and wrecked faces. It was just overwhelming for other teams.

The only time it got hairy was with a Pally + War, which they managed to cc me well enough and RNG got my buddy down. I killed the War, and was near dead, the pally near full hp and I beat him down a bit. Figuring he was going to bubble, I threw Dark Sim on him, and he bubbled, laughed at me, got one heal off and was oom. Then I laughed, bubbled, and bandaged right in front of him as my Ghoul and Garg basically killed him themselves. :lol

lexi

Banned
I hope Blizzard realize if they say, nerf feral dots by 25%, they will need to buff direct damage by much, much more than 25%.

Bleeds currently make up roughly 50% of a ferals damage in raids, which is damage that completely ignores armor. Nerfing the dots and buffing direct damage by the equivalent amount leaves us with a massive net dps loss.

So... let's say they do this and shred crits for 40k, now we have ferals 3 shotting people in PVP. The only way to balance this is to completely redesign how feral damage works, and probably make Savage Roar work the way it used to by affecting all attacks.

Twig

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
dunt forget the throwdown
Throwdown is a stun. I do use it when I can, but it's useless if I'm already BEING kited!

Dipindots said:
And yes, warriors are getting their nerf. It has been confirmed by blizzard already. I think there is something wrong when they have more stuns, gap closers, and damage than rogues.
Arms warriors have three stuns, none of which actually last long. Throwdown is the longest. Usually the charge and intercept stun (well, mostly charge) is already over by the time the animation actually finishes. D:

Tacitus_ said:
Twig, you just suck at Arms pvp :(
I can't argue with the facts. U:
E: To be actually helpful, stance hopping to intercept isn't costly at all since they buffed the unspecced tactical mastery to 25 rage (intercept is 10 rage), heroic leap works on even surfaces and you can spec into war drums and piercing howl to have a free aoe snare.
Heroic leap is buggy as fuck, including on "even surfaces." I can say with 100% confidence that in Eye of the Storm it frequently yells at me about lack of paths available when I'm only on the slightest incline (one that any sane person would consider "even"). I have problems in AV, too.

Actually, all the old BGs have an abundance of problems with Heroic Leap. The two new BGs seem to work fine, for whatever reason.

...Honestly I completely forgot about piercing howl, though. >_> I think it got lost in the shuffle of me trying to experiment with macros! Thanks for the reminder? Hah.
Given lucky crits, you can burst someone for 50-80% of their HP during Throwdown if you have your Colossus Smash up and line it with a MS->HS->OP combo.
I mean, yeah, the damage is not the issue (except with paladins because they live foreverrrr). I never meant to imply that at all. It's only the fifty snares and roots that screw me over. Every. Time.

EDIT: checking my spec, I don't even have that piercing howl talent!

I hesitate to do this 'cause I always get mocked for incompetence, but then I guess I don't really give a fuck: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/jibson/talent/primary

What should I get rid of in exchange for all those points in the fury tree to get that piercing howl talent? Everything in prot? A mix? (Ignore my secondary spec (prot) 'cause it's shit and I know it's shit, I was just throwing points around willy-nilly as I leveled, and haven't bothered to respec it to be not shit.)

Also, perhaps more importantly, what glyphs should I be using?

lexi said:
I hope Blizzard realize if they say, nerf feral dots by 25%, they will need to buff direct damage by much, much more than 25%.

Bleeds currently make up roughly 50% of a ferals damage in raids, which is damage that completely ignores armor. Nerfing the dots and buffing direct damage by the equivalent amount leaves us with a massive net dps loss.

So... let's say they do this and shred crits for 40k, now we have ferals 3 shotting people in PVP. The only way to balance this is to completely redesign how feral damage works, and probably make Savage Roar work the way it used to by affecting all attacks.
I doubt they'd buff shred and instead buff white damage...which is basically a DOT of a sort.

Manus

So what's everyones guild level? Were halfway to level 9, can't wait to get our 15 minute Hearth cool down. Now that I have two, it's going to be nice.

Macattk15

Twig said:
Throwdown is a stun. I do use it when I can, but it's useless if I'm already BEING kited!

Arms warriors have three stuns, none of which actually last long. Throwdown is the longest. Usually the charge and intercept stun (well, mostly charge) is already over by the time the animation actually finishes. D:

I can't argue with the facts. U:

Heroic leap is buggy as fuck, including on "even surfaces." I can say with 100% confidence that in Eye of the Storm it frequently yells at me about lack of paths available when I'm only on the slightest incline (one that any sane person would consider "even"). I have problems in AV, too.

Actually, all the old BGs have an abundance of problems with Heroic Leap. The two new BGs seem to work fine, for whatever reason.

...Honestly I completely forgot about piercing howl, though. >_> I think it got lost in the shuffle of me trying to experiment with macros! Thanks for the reminder? Hah.

I mean, yeah, the damage is not the issue (except with paladins because they live foreverrrr). I never meant to imply that at all. It's only the fifty snares and roots that screw me over. Every. Time.

EDIT: checking my spec, I don't even have that piercing howl talent!

I hesitate to do this 'cause I always get mocked for incompetence, but then I guess I don't really give a fuck: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormreaver/jibson/talent/primary

What should I get rid of in exchange for all those points in the fury tree to get that piercing howl talent? Everything in prot? A mix? (Ignore my secondary spec (prot) 'cause it's shit and I know it's shit, I was just throwing points around willy-nilly as I leveled, and haven't bothered to respec it to be not shit.)

Also, perhaps more importantly, what glyphs should I be using?

Do you have Glyph of Intercept, Long Charge and Rapid Charging? These help.

Looking at your armory you shouldn't be getting rocked by anyone but Frost Mages really. I like Sudden Death for the procs to blow through high armor targets ... that is where a large portion of our burst comes from .... the 6 seconds after Colossus Smash.

Twig

Banned
Macattk15 said:
Do you have Glyph of Intercept, Long Charge and Rapid Charging? These help.
I have the latter two, and glyph of victory rush... which I think I was only using for leveling 'cause it helped me fight more mobs at once, hah.

I will get intercept in there, though.
Looking at your armory you shouldn't be getting rocked by anyone but Frost Mages really. I like Sudden Death for the procs to blow through high armor targets ... that is where a large portion of our burst comes from .... the 6 seconds after Colossus Smash.
Well, frost mages and feral druids (provided they go cat and not bear) are certainly the two classes that always COMPLETELY destroy me in 1v1. Everything else I at least have a chance against. (Especially hunters. Haha silly hunters.)

But the issue isn't so much 1v1 PvP - it's group PvP. If I have more than one class targeting me at a time, and they're both ranged, no matter which one I pick to target (usually the squishy one), unless I have a pocket healer, I go down super fast (relative to them) 'cause they just CC me until I have no way to break out of CC. Then I'm dead.

Which, hey, is fine, 'cause that's a good strategy, etc. It's just frustrating, yeah.

Although when I DO have a pocket healer, it's a lot of fun just running around smashing faces. I almost feel like a paladin! U:

I did originally have Sudden Death, but thought I'd try respeccing.

SquirrelNuckle said:
So what's everyones guild level? Were halfway to level 9, can't wait to get our 15 minute Hearth cool down. Now that I have two, it's going to be nice.

Rank 7, but it's been picking up as more and more of us from Classic/BC days filter back in.

I'm sure the top % of EJ theorists would hold more weight from dissecting the math. At one point I posted on EJ saying agility is the best gem for rogues during Sunwell Plateau. I got laughed at pre3.0 for posting that. I think I got banned or infracted for "posting misinformation."

Meanwhile, in the Priest forum, they were clucking over gemming/gearing for Spirit as best for Sunwell-delving Hpriests. *snicker*

Alex

Why the fuck do flasks eat so many herbs now? 12 of two kinds? As opposed to the 10 total they took in WOTLK? Ridiculous for one hour long flask.

Twig

Banned
My guild is level 4. We're a small guild, so we're kind of fucked. \:

Guild leader wants to start zerg inviting, which I'm not TOTALLY against just because those rewards are so enticing. But ugh, why Blizzard, why. Assholes.

Narag

Alex said:
Why the fuck do flasks eat so many herbs now? 12 of two kinds? As opposed to the 10 total they took in WOTLK? Ridiculous for one hour long flask.

I wondered if they just messed up and it should've been two flasks per synth. Those are hefty requirements.

lexi said:
This x100,000,000

The mats for Shadowspirit transmutes are also ridiculous.

This I don't have as much of a problem with given you get 2 metagems.

lexi

Banned
Alex said:

This x100,000,000

The mats for Shadowspirit transmutes are also ridiculous.

SnakeswithLasers said:
I doubt they'd buff shred and instead buff white damage...which is basically a DOT of a sort.

I wouldn't mind this, but it would just basically be how feral dps was in Wrath.

Ferrio

Banned
Alex said:

Probably because it doesn't require a rare herb anymore. Think it's better this way, makes flask spec actually appealing for money making. Before you had to take it just to break even.

Twig said:
My guild is level 4. We're a small guild, so we're kind of fucked. \:

Guild leader wants to start zerg inviting, which I'm not TOTALLY against just because those rewards are so enticing. But ugh, why Blizzard, why. Assholes.

They have zero idea what they are doing with guild leveling. It's actually breaking up social guilds as you cannot get the guild raid achievements if you are in a small social guild.

Weenerz

Banned
krypt0nian said:
They have zero idea what they are doing with guild leveling. It's actually breaking up social guilds as you cannot get the guild raid achievements if you are in a small social guild.

Can't please everyone. It's how all their decisions are, they throw it out there, see how it goes and adjusts. You guys act like other companies include features and they are perfect right out of the gate.

Narag

I assume I'm in the minority but I always favored the Linkshell system in FFXI. Some guilds feel like their own little ecosystems and when people come and go I never see them again.

Weenerz said:
Can't please everyone. It's how all their decisions are, they throw it out there, see how it goes and adjusts. You guys act like other companies include features and they are perfect right out of the gate.

I don't act like any such thing. I am reacting to one ridiculously horrible move on their part that is breaking up guilds that have been around for years.

Unfortunately some are temped by achievement points. Everyone plays WOW differently.

They should allow a guild and a Raid Team like arena teams. That way the social aspects remain, and people can still attain the guild raid achievements. It's inevitable really. Once the casuals realize they cannot have those points, they'll cry and Blizz will cave.

Twig

Banned
Weenerz said:
I'm not acting like anything. What are you talking about?

It was a horribly conceived system, and I am within my rights to be upset about it when my guild is suffering for it.

Yes, I have no doubt it will be fixed (along with archaeology, lolol), but until then it will continue to be horrible. And who knows how long that will even take. The WORST part is it was better BEFORE they nerfed guild XP just because huge guilds were reaching the cap too fast.

Fuckin' dumb, innit?

e: krypto knows what's up (but I don't really agree with the "raid team" idea)

J-Rzez

SquirrelNuckle said:

Same, that's our next one too. Will be very nice.

Two more raid bosses down, zero loots for me. :*(

Alex

Ferrio said:
Probably because it doesn't require a rare herb anymore. Think it's better this way, makes flask spec actually appealing for money making. Before you had to take it just to break even.

I never found lotus to actually be that rare. I'd usually get one or two in the time it'd take me to get the herbs to make 2-3 flasks. Now though, with the amount of herbs needed and the launch period, it's kind of a bitch to gather any in a timely manner.

On the plus side, at least the herbs in general are a tad more generous.

Einbroch

Banned
Haven't touched any of the raids yet, how are they? I'm in a decent guild. Not a great guild, but we managed to clear all pre-ICC content on normal, 10-man mode before people started quitting.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
cuevas said:
cats have been viable before and people wanted them in their raids.
Yeah, I don't understand that. Feral was pretty fucking good for pretty much all of WLK.

I never encounter many people playing Feral though.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Heh, gotta love the "fix" to Tol Barad. Looks like all it has lead to is mass win-trading as a number of servers are just doing that to farm honor now. =/

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Mr Nash said:
Heh, gotta love the "fix" to Tol Barad. Looks like all it has lead to is mass win-trading as a number of servers are just doing that to farm honor now. =/
Thats whats happening on our server.

KJTB

J-Rzez said:
Oh ok, I was worried there for a sec. So it's still like nearly every other season, or last arena season for example where you noticed it at say ~800resi.

Yeah, I know Wars are nuts right now, as I did some arena's with my RL friend last night before realizing the changes they made to the points system and rating system as a whole. We went double DPS and wrecked faces. It was just overwhelming for other teams.

The only time it got hairy was with a Pally + War, which they managed to cc me well enough and RNG got my buddy down. I killed the War, and was near dead, the pally near full hp and I beat him down a bit. Figuring he was going to bubble, I threw Dark Sim on him, and he bubbled, laughed at me, got one heal off and was oom. Then I laughed, bubbled, and bandaged right in front of him as my Ghoul and Garg basically killed him themselves. :lol

Hahaha that's fucking awesome :lol

Even though it's situational, I love DS

Rokam

Alex said:
They really need to put more shit on the JP vendor, even if its just PvP stuff.
I agree, I'm nearing the cap and don't have any gear left to buy. No point in buying the healing/tank gear as I already have 2 other classes specifically for that. Wish we could buy blue gems or something.

Garryk

Man, leveling JC is an incredible waste of resources. I burned about 4 stacks of obsidium (which I mined) trying to get some zephyrite for the daily and I only got one out of three I needed.

You can pretty much only sell crap to the vendor because the AH is flooded with cut gems; even the perfect cuts are cheap.

Once I get over 500, the only thing I can cut are meta gems which take three of each common gem to transmute two. I don't even want to think of the money people spent to get realm first 525 JC.

Anyway, what do you think are the best gem designs to buy with my tokens?

KJTB

So can someone explain the whole MMR thing in arena to me? So before Wrath came out, I was really big on arena and I remember that if you had a team that had a mere 10 more wins than losses, you're an average 1500 team. Now I'm seeing 1800+ teams running around where their win loss ratio is like 50% and thinking how ridiculous it is that when you lose you don't lose like any points due to the whole MMR thing. It kind of takes away the impressiveness of having a high rated arena team. For instance, my RL friends are playing feral druid/ mage right now and are 1825... but with 74-73 win/loss :lol

My DK has no arena experience. Prior to season 9 I had not stepped into the arena once on him but my paladin partner broke 2.1k... Still, our MMR right now is about 2.2k while the team rating is only 1200 something. If they're going to have me facing 2k+ rated teams while my DK has no arena experience, just give me the 2k rating or something.

So basically it lets us lose and not get docked a lot of points until we level out with our mmr? That just seems kind of silly to me, almost like a free high rating because my paladin friend was highly rated before. My friend told me that it evens out pretty quickly once you lose a few games and our w/l right now is 18-3... I still find it dumb though.

Did blizzard really think it was so bad for high rated players to stomp less skilled players for a couple of games when they made a new team?

Flib

Had a pretty disappointing night in Blackwing Descent last night, barely downed Omnitron and then got raped a bit on Magmaw. We have the fights down and should be one-shotting them, but two of our healers just are way too undergeared. I know they've been busy with the holidays, but it really sucks to have them holding back the whole group. We gave them an ultimatem that they had to be geared by Sunday or lose their slots, as it's not fair to the rest of the group.

Really annoying to have the execution down perfectly but just not have the healing throughput. DPS was moving perfectly and getting the lava parasites down, but the healers just couldn't get through the general AOE damage going out. I've raided with these guys for years, and they're two of the best healers I've ever known, so this is really frustrating.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Raiding begins today... oh God.

RotBot

SquirrelNuckle said:
I'm in a 3-person guild. Still at 5% of the way to level 2. :lol.

At first I was like, "this is doable". Then Blizzard cut guild XP gain down to 1/4 and nvm.

Ramirez

Flib said:
Had a pretty disappointing night in Blackwing Descent last night, barely downed Omnitron and then got raped a bit on Magmaw. We have the fights down and should be one-shotting them, but two of our healers just are way too undergeared. I know they've been busy with the holidays, but it really sucks to have them holding back the whole group. We gave them an ultimatem that they had to be geared by Sunday or lose their slots, as it's not fair to the rest of the group.

Really annoying to have the execution down perfectly but just not have the healing throughput. DPS was moving perfectly and getting the lava parasites down, but the healers just couldn't get through the general AOE damage going out. I've raided with these guys for years, and they're two of the best healers I've ever known, so this is really frustrating.

You're mad at them for actually doing stuff during the holidays, then tell them they're gonna get replaced if they're not geared in a few days even though they are some of the best healers you've ever played with? Is the hunger for purps really that strong? :lol

Sai-kun

Banned
Flib said:
I know they've been busy with the holidays, but it really sucks to have them holding back the whole group. We gave them an ultimatem that they had to be geared by Sunday or lose their slots, as it's not fair to the rest of the group.

JohnCleese-1.jpg

Really? :lol

Flib

Sorry, I should clarify that, I definitely sounded like a tool!

They've been complaining about being busy for the holidays, but they've run like 3 heroics in the last two to three weeks, but have been really busy leveling various alts whenever they're on. So yeah, it's on them. We have some raiders who are just straight up busy, and that's perfectly fine, real life always comes first. But if you're expecting to have a raid slot and are spending all of your time dicking around on low levels and not getting properly geared up on your main, then I have an issue with that.

We've had the rest of the raid team geared up for a while, and tanks and dps are available for them to have smooth and short heroic runs, so the awfulness of pugs is also not an excuse.

I'm looking for some Arcane Mage macros, can you guys please help me out? Searching online has just brought me to mostly outdated macros.

I'm needing something for:

Casting Arcane Brilliance and Mage Armor on myself
Something that will use my trinkets and Arcane Power and Mirror Image to maximize DPS (isn't there a way to cast mirror image twice and incorporate it into a macro? I think the AP glyph resets cooldowns...?)

Also I found this decurse macro, does this look current and functional to you guys?

#show Remove Curse
/cast [target=mouseover,noflying,nomounted,nodead,help]
Remove Curse

Arcane is literally 2 buttons and some cooldowns. Other than macroing the cooldowns together, what more are you expecting out of them?

Arcane is pretty trash right now anyway. In an expansion where Blizzard wants us all hanging out for most of battles with mid to low mana, they make Arcanes damage dependent of full mana bars? Doesn't seem like they made both of those decisions in the same room.

Here's the mouseover macro I use for everything friendly:

#showtooltip
/cast [target=mouseover,help] <spell>; [help] <spell>; <spell>

It's super simple. If you have your mouse over either the person themselves or their box in a raid or party UI, it's cast on them. If you're not mouseover anyone, it casts the spell on your target. If you're not targeting anyone and have no one under your mouse, you cast the spell on yourself. And it shows the proper tooltip for the spell.

I've heard this before - not sure why everyone thinks it's two buttons. You can say that about any class if you choose to only use a couple spells. When I run dungeons, the spells I use are:

Presence of Mind
Arcane Blast
Arcane Barrage
Arcane Missiles
Arcane Explosion
Mirror Image
Evocation
Blink

And yes, it's surely possible to use Arcane Blast over and over, as Hunters can just autoshot over and over - but it isn't very efficient.

Flib said:
Sorry, I should clarify that, I definitely sounded like a tool!

They've been complaining about being busy for the holidays, but they've run like 3 heroics in the last two to three weeks, but have been really busy leveling various alts whenever they're on. So yeah, it's on them. We have some raiders who are just straight up busy, and that's perfectly fine, real life always comes first. But if you're expecting to have a raid slot and are spending all of your time dicking around on low levels and not getting properly geared up on your main, then I have an issue with that.

We've had the rest of the raid team geared up for a while, and tanks and dps are available for them to have smooth and short heroic runs, so the awfulness of pugs is also not an excuse.

Or you wait as a guild until they are geared. Wow is fucking ruthless. :lol

Weenerz

Banned
So uh, alchemy is a great money maker. Since the prices of transmuting truegold has plumetted, I have start turning volatile life into air, I got a proc yesterday for 36, easy 700 gold. I <3 transmutation mastery.

Raiden

Banned
Hey guys, can anyone tell me what kind of UI this guy is using?

I know healbot is in there, but im interested in the actionbar on the bottom, with the minimap in the middle.

WoWScrnShot_101409_233156.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom