• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex

I'm going to try my 4 pc PvP gear out in a raid next week, it seriously might be a DPS increase over my heroic gear =/ It just has so much agi and the 4 piece is great. All I'd have to do is reforge a bit of hit.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Alex said:
I'm going to try my 4 pc PvP gear out in a raid next week, it seriously might be a DPS increase over my heroic gear =/ It just has so much agi and the 4 piece is great. All I'd have to do is reforge a bit of hit.
you can reforge resilience right?

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Really sad class design if pvp gear is better than pve gear for PVE, especially when the pvp gear has so many stat points wasted on Resilience.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Osaka said:
Really sad class design if pvp gear is better than pve gear for PVE, especially when the pvp gear has so many stat points wasted on Resilience.
I think it's that way for DK. They even said they wanted to re-do mastery for DK.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Osaka said:
class design? wouldn't it be shoddy gear design/balance or perhaps a combination of the two?

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Scrow said:
class design? wouldn't it be shoddy gear design/balance or perhaps a combination of the two?

If a class values one stat so much that the PVP gear becomes preferred over the PVE gear while sacrificing a large portion of stat points, it's bad class design.

Like he said, the pvp gear "has so much Agi" that he doesnt even care about the other stats.

That's no different from when mages were running around with like 3 health points cos all their stat points were in spell damage or int, back in Molten Core days. They used to wear greens that had a lot of spell damage and no other stats.

Dina

2s9uczc.gif

Yup.

Uldum is leagues better a zone than Vashjir and Hyjal. Those two are too claustrophobic and bottleneck-riddled. Uldum looks cool too.

Osaka said:
If a class values one stat so much that the PVP gear becomes preferred over the PVE gear while sacrificing a large portion of stat points, it's bad class design.

Like he said, the pvp gear "has so much Agi" that he doesnt even care about the other stats.

That's no different from when mages were running around with like 3 health points cos all their stat points were in spell damage or int, back in Molten Core days. They used to wear greens that had a lot of spell damage and no other stats.

I like more options in gearing, pvp being a viable (if erratic one) is fine.

And about the mage thing, min-maxing is RPG stuff, and should be permitted, as it promotes customization and breadth of playstyles. Especially with reforging. And this was from someone who cooked up the Spirit Whore Hpriest build to get away from the INT-Spell Power-MP5 BiS of Tier 4. (Boss sneezes at Downing for 5608 damge. Downing dies.) :lol

And the only reason we're seeing such restrictions on this now is GC expects total parity in everything character growth-related, and there have been massive sacrifices in the power of stat stacking and talent point freedom as it's the extent of his creativity at this task.

Ripclawe

Banned
seriously the honor point on everything either needs to be boosted up or the cap comes down because its ridiculous how much of a grind it is to get points.

Plus the disgrace of Blizzard make Wintergrasp nothing more than a empty space because they didn't think to keep it up to par with Tol Barad in terms of honor points pisses me off. Its too good a PvP area to be abandoned.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
As a DK, I'm really liking my level 25 Enhancement Shaman alt. Instant +30% movement n combat, dedicated heals, dedicated 30 yard range nuke, CC later on. Both have +15% movement and walking on water. Only thing I miss is AOE.

Wizman23

Banned
Can someone briefly explain what I'm supposed to be doing in regards to the Enchantment profession? Since I'm a Mage I have Tailoring as my other profession so I figured enchantment would be the next best thing.

hamchan

Damn I missed the Tol Barad win twice in a row now.

How long can you stay on the bridge? I've been going 4 secs on bridge, then 1 sec off.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
hamchan said:
Damn I missed the Tol Barad win twice in a row now.

How long can you stay on the bridge? I've been going 4 secs on bridge, then 1 sec off.
10 seconds

Entropia

No One Remembers
Wizman23 said:
Can someone briefly explain what I'm supposed to be doing in regards to the Enchantment profession? Since I'm a Mage I have Tailoring as my other profession so I figured enchantment would be the next best thing.

What a lot of people do is make all the easy, cheap uncommon+ quality items and then disenchant them so you have mats to level enchanting.

unifin

DeathNote said:
As a DK, I'm really liking my level 25 Enhancement Shaman alt. Instant +30% movement n combat, dedicated heals, dedicated 30 yard range nuke, CC later on. Both have +15% movement and walking on water. Only thing I miss is AOE.

I played enhancement shaman through TBC and the first few months of wrath, and I don't regret switching mains to my DK at all, although, this is from a PvP standpoint so it might be different from what you're talking about, but the two classes are really night and day in terms of melee design.

mcrae

so guys, where can i go to find advice on pvp as a warlock? i see people complaining abotu fear a lot, so my strategy is to just try and keep them feared, then treat them as any other pve single-target rotation (i dont have pvp gear, im demo specced) and while this works exceedingly well vs 80s in mount hyjal, im usually scared when i see someone my own level come along

Dresden

SatelliteOfLove said:
I didn't return for the PvP. :lol

Actually, Im holding out on news from Disco Priests in max Resilience; perhaps a return of the BC worst-to-first.
If 3k resilience isn't working out, I doubt 4k will.

Einbroch

Banned
SatelliteOfLove said:
I didn't return for the PvP. :lol

Actually, Im holding out on news from Disco Priests in max Resilience; perhaps a return of the BC worst-to-first.
I have 3.5k. I still suck. See my previous post a few pages back to see why we're so awful.

Not gonna lie, it helps, but there is absolutely no reason to bring a Priest over any other healer.

Alex

Osaka said:

It's not really the class design, it's the ilvl and set bonuses of the PvP gear, this stuff will evaporate with two pieces of a raid set instantly.

But yeah, between just the ilvl and set bonuses of the PvP gear, I gain 314 Agi. Plus, my 4-piece bonus is a boon to DPS (+20% chance to proc Maelstrom).

I don't know if I'll even bother trying to fit it into my PvE set, it can probably be fitted into an upgrade but it'd be a big chunk of time and gold I don't really wanna spend, but if some people like pre-raid min/maxing or are having a hard time with drops or something, possibly look at your PvP set and see what it provides.

Not gonna lie, it helps, but there is absolutely no reason to bring a Priest over any other healer.

From what I've seen, although my view is limited mind you, it feels like for general purpose it's Paladin >> Shaman = Druid >> Priest.

iammeiam

Was the no-adds statue glitch on the crocodile boss in The Lost City found out in beta? It makes that fight pretty much a total joke, and I'm curious as to whether it's something that will eventually get addressed.

(Also: holy cow the WoW forums are freaking out over the whole Tol Barad thing; I kind of can't believe the number of calls for mass bannings.)

Dresden

iammeiam said:
(Also: holy cow the WoW forums are freaking out over the whole Tol Barad thing; I kind of can't believe the number of calls for mass bannings.)
They'd have to ban a thousand per server, probably; I doubt they want to gut their subscriber base that much. :D

Einbroch

Banned
iammeiam said:
Was the no-adds statue glitch on the crocodile boss in The Lost City found out in beta? It makes that fight pretty much a total joke, and I'm curious as to whether it's something that will eventually get addressed.

They'd have to ban about 40% of the playerbase. Not a joke, there are at LEAST 200 Horde on the bridge every TB.

Edit: "They'd have to ban..." Cute.

Alex

You can't ban people for this, people really rage over silly things. It's just PvP gear and it'll likely be hotfixed out by Monday night.

Been ignoring PvP for a while, gonna start doing it a bit next year(tomorrow)

What's this TB stuff and bridge thing? You get 1800 and h&a trade wins? What about bridge?

Twig

Banned
Won said:
Tol Barad is the best thing ever. I have seen the light!

*grabs another easy 1800 honor*
Hah.

I'm now almost fully decked out. AND bonus, I did 2v2 with a resto drood and for the first time ever didn't get raped repeatedly! Conquest capped, woop woop.

Fought the same mage/rogue pair three times in a row. Beat 'em twice. FEELS GOOD MAN.

I'm finally doing the damage everyone tells me I should be doing, and I don't die near as fast. So happy. :D

Twig

Banned
My trick: go in the water, use elixirs of water walking I get from fishing dailies, avoid lag, stay in for seven seconds at a time (don't want to push it), walk out and right back in, repeat, get honor.

:3

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Why is it that we always have the zone after I log in.

And then lose it.

I WANT IN ON THIS BEFORE IT GETS HOTIXXED.

hamchan

iammeiam said:

Heh, Blizzard can't ban everyone that's doing it. Also it's a result from Blizzard's own design flaws. Tol Barad was already messed up with defenders always winning and now they've messed it up even more with attackers always winning! It's kinda hilarious to see Horde and Alliance working together so well.

Actually I think Blizzard's biggest mistake was making the win worth 1800 honour. Way too high, of course people are going to win trade.

Halycon said:
Why is it that we always have the zone after I log in.

And then lose it.

I WANT IN ON THIS BEFORE IT GETS HOTIXXED.

I've planned my day so I always go in when the Horde attacks :lol

Dresden

Twig said:
My trick: go in the water, use elixirs of water walking I get from fishing dailies, avoid lag, stay in for seven seconds at a time (don't want to push it), walk out and right back in, repeat, get honor.

:3
I'll try that. Finally have a use for that water walking glyph. :lol

Haly

I think a deeper and more fundamental issue is that Blizzard seems to be under the impression that server populations are balanced.

Dresden said:
I fail so hard at the bridge trick.
I usually have someone from my guild on vent telling me when to go in. Or find people from a large/good guild on your server and follow them in. I haven't missed a single one that I've tried for doing this.

I think a deeper and more fundamental issue is that Blizzard seems to be under the impression that server populations are balanced.
I doubt it, I just think its a difficult problem to solve.

Alex

My solution is always just to erase primary factions and let players pick an Aldor/Scyer like "philosophy" that dictates the competitive fare and quest variance. Something with Nature VS Industry would be a fun overall theme that'd allow smart reuse of old content. It'd fix an ass ton of issues and make the game a lot more comfortable.

Of course, I understand the argument that it'd remove flavor from the game for sure, it's just to me the whole Horde VS Alliance spiel lost it's luster long ago. It'll be a very long time before a possible Warcraft IV and it's just (greatly) impeding game design. Some people are stuck on ghost towns where they can't use the AH or raid, Horde have gigantic PvP queues, no outdoor PvP works, etc. It'd really fix a lot. =/

I mean, hell just for me, it'd be nice to be able to play the Goblin I want (without starting over or paying even more bucks to xfer) and can't because my realms population is 1,000,000 Alliance 30 Horde.

Einbroch said:
I have 3.5k. I still suck. See my previous post a few pages back to see why we're so awful.

So true, the two pvp priests in my guild are trying to make it work with the same amount of resilience as you, but they are so gimped, guild chat is basically them crying all the time. Blizz buff priests a bit please!

Einbroch said:

Oh, how I wish I had a need to. I get dropped by melee my own level in ganks so fast.

Haly

Alex said:
My solution is always just to erase primary factions and let players pick an Aldor/Scyer like "philosophy" that dictates the competitive fare and quest variance. Something with Nature VS Industry would be a fun overall theme that'd allow smart reuse of old content. It'd fix an ass ton of issues and make the game a lot more comfortable.

Of course, I understand the argument that it'd remove flavor from the game for sure, it's just to me the whole Horde VS Alliance spiel lost it's luster long ago. It'll be a very long time before a possible Warcraft IV and it's just (greatly) impeding game design. Some people are stuck on ghost towns where they can't use the AH or raid, Horde have gigantic PvP queues, no outdoor PvP works, etc. It'd really fix a lot. =/

I mean, hell just for me, it'd be nice to be able to play the Goblin I want (without starting over or paying even more bucks to xfer) and can't because my realms population is 1,000,000 Alliance 30 Horde.
Hey we should merge your server with mine (Area 52), we have 1000000 horde and 30 alliance!

Tol Barad queues for ALL.

But yes I'd love player chosen factions, with a some mechanic in place to keep check of populations so one doesn't completely shadow over the other.

I doubt blizzard would ever consider it though.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Alex said:

i think a better solution would be for blizzard to find a way to merge all the servers together. :D

Haly

Their hamsters probably can't handle that many people in orgrimmar.

Alex

I doubt blizzard would ever consider it though.

Yeah it's one of those old legacy tropes that forumites would have a hernia over. I'd really like it though, fixes problems, lets me be a Goblin! Hang out in the new Org! New Org is awesome, updated Stormwind is significantly less awesome.

I did whine a few times during beta that Deathwing should have burnt Stormwind to the ground and Gilneas should have become the new human capital. Gilneas is my favorite visual set in the game and it's fairly under used outside of PvP stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom