• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weenerz said:
Good riddance, I hate win traders. I don't care that it's a badly designed zone, win trading is fucking stupid.
As long as you can win more honor from attacking, I don't see how the trading will end. People want honor, and the best way to do that is to let the attackers take it every time. I'm annoyed with the way they designed TB to be a smaller number of players attacking. I don't pvp hardly at all, battlegrounds I will do occasionally, but I've been trying to get into TB as much as possible to take advantage of the 1800 honor points up for grabs. However, with the queue system being totally random, I've only gotten in 3 times so far. It would make sense for them to go to a first come first serve queue system, but instead, people queue at the last minute and get in over people who queue'd right at 15 minutes and sat on the TB bridge waiting. That is a flawed design in my opinion.

In other news, I purchased the volcanic deck for 16k off the AH and turned it in for the trinket. I want to make sure it's still one of the best trinkets for casters (at least before the next big patch) before equipping it. Otherwise, I'll resell it for 17k. Anyone have any experience using it?

Weenerz

Banned
Volcanic trinket is one of the best trinkets in game for casters. I wish I could find one for 16k, cheapest I've seen has been 34k =(

Won

Deputy Moonman said:
As long as you can win more honor from attacking, I don't see how the trading will end.

Winning as defender twice in a row gives the same honor as winning as attacker once and then trade now. So there is no gain in trading the thing.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Finally done with Uldum. What an incredibly shitty zone. Not only is the music bad (fucking vocals are terrible), and the environment boring to travel through, but the quests are also boring as all hell. Here's a zone hidden for centuries with ancient Titan relics everywhere, but what do we do? Finish up some cat fight or poorly written and lame to play through Indiana Jones stuff.

Just glad there's no dailies here, because I don't plan on coming back.

My server (thunderlord) seems to always have cheaper AH prices. I dont know if that is a population thing, or because everyone is trying to make a buck off the AH so that prices are lower, or because it's an older server, and people are more experienced at not paying really high prices for things.

Lyphen said:
Finally done with Uldum. What an incredibly shitty zone. Not only is the music bad (fucking vocals are terrible), and the environment boring to travel through, but the quests are also boring as all hell. Here's a zone hidden for centuries with ancient Titan relics everywhere, but what do we do? Finish up some cat fight or poorly written and lame to play through Indiana Jones stuff.

Just glad there's no dailies here, because I don't plan on coming back.
Wut??? Where is Bisnic's angry video game nerd avatar? I need it right now!! :lol Uldum is still my favorite zone in cataclysm. Questing in Uldum was straight forward, and for the most part, non-repetitive, which made it great for me. I enjoyed the harrison jones quests and really liked the Ramkahen race. I loved the desert oasis look and feel of the place, too.

On the other hand, Vashjr made me want to puke on myself. Going through all 3 of the visions felt the same, and I was tired of killing 10 naga after the first quest. I was also tired of getting disoriented everywhere I went and not being able to find my way back into the caves with the quest givers. Hyjal's layout may have been a tad more interesting than Uldum, but I found questing through that zone a little boring. Deepholm was okay, and Twilight Highlands better than that.

So for me... Uldum>TH>Deepholm>Hyjal>>> Vashjr :lol

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I'm completely the opposite. Vash'jir is my favorite, but probably due to the environment more than the quests themselves (moving from cave to cave with refugee to refugee was pretty dumb). I had no problems with navigation, but then again, I love zero gravity. Shattered Horizon, Crysis' alien ship portion, whatever - I love games that actually make use of the Z-axis.

Deepholm I hate just because of the finale.
Okay everyone, fuck off. You can stay for dailies and shoulder enchants though

So Vash'jir=TH>Hyjal>Deepholm>Uldum.

Alex

Hyjal was the zone I liked the least. Liked Vashjir best and Uldum second best.

Deepholm and Twilight about on par, but I really loved the aesthetics of Twilight even though in terms of actual things going on visually Deepholm probably slays most of the game.

Weenerz

Banned
DeathNote said:
Making the win/loss honor equal in TB would 100% improve spirit of competition.

But that's not a competition, it's a "Thanks for killing each other for 30 minutes, here is the same prize for both sides", which is stupid as hell.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Weenerz said:
But that's not a competition, it's a "Thanks for killing each other for 30 minutes, here is the same prize for both sides", which is stupid as hell.
There's dailies, tokens, and raid access at risk dude...

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I think it's a worthwhile idea. If you're PvPing simply to get gear than you're more like someone who likes character advancement through PvP, than someone who wants to compete. If you truly wanted to test your skill against others, then you would play a game where everyone starts off evenly instead of giving the people who grind more an innate advantage (gear) unrelated to how "good" they actually are.

The reward of competition should lie in, ideally speaking, the act of competing.

Of course this is completely at odds with Blizzard's design philosophy (gear acquisition) so I doubt they'll ever consider it.

J-Rzez

notworksafe said:
Wrong again. As was mentioned before, colors are not simply an overlay on gear. I suppose you were too busy with incorrect assumptions of laziness without putting thought into your messages.

Blizzard may have a sizable art team (in actuality, I have no idea how big it is) but the thought of putting them to work remaking each asset in every bit of gear that is out there in every color that is possible is beyond silly.

However, in your mind Blizzard has infinite time, money, and manpower. No wonder you expect so much from them, you think they are "game wizards" with the power to wave a wand and fix all problems and do so out of a sheer laziness and a personal contempt for you.

That is why I am against the phrase "developer laziness". Because it comes from people who have no idea how programming a game or making art assets works almost all of the time. I don't just mean J-Rzez either. I see that kind of mindset all over this board, and it's obnoxious.

In your official wow forums style posting, red-misted rage for someone insulting Blizzard, you missed what I was discussing, which was the recycling of iconic class tier armor sets as non-set epics, as I expanded on from the dye issue. There is NO defense for it, as people want their class to be special and stand out, "that's a geared out _____ right there", let alone make each character individual to user taste. Can it be really that expensive, that time consuming, that man-power needed to design one generic armor set per proficiency so they don't shit on classes tier sets? No, and if any company CAN address this via resources, I'm sure Blizzard can afford to in various ways.

Lazy, on the cheap, whatever you want to call it, that's what it feels like when the leader of MMOs can't address an issue that is in many cases paramont to those who love to play MMOs. Dance studio is a guilty pleasure of mine, but the dilution of classes and individuality is something that bothers many more people, as expressed here.

Haly

I did not know the engine was not capable of hue overlays. I thought that was what they used for poison, enrage and chilled graphic effects.

Seems kind of silly to me they'd make separate skins for all of those.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Maybe TB and random battlegrounds should require a PVP set. In real life armies are equipped with the same gear. Even in history. Then arena and rated bg's can use any gear but filter ratings. Gladiators were famous for diverse gear right?

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Halycon said:
I think it's a worthwhile idea. If you're PvPing simply to get gear than you're more like someone who likes character advancement through PvP, than someone who wants to compete. If you truly wanted to test your skill against others, then you would play a game where everyone starts off evenly instead of giving the people who grind more an innate advantage (gear) unrelated to how "good" they actually are.

The reward of competition should lie in, ideally speaking, the act of competing.

Of course this is completely at odds with Blizzard's design philosophy (gear acquisition) so I doubt they'll ever consider it.
The way Blizzard does it is completely backwards. You play Arena, for example. You get in games and you get gear to help you win more games. It sounds good in theory but its like having a car race where the winners get to have a better spec next race than the losers, thus helping ensure more wins for the winners and more losses for the losers. Ideally they should just outfit everyone with the highest end gear when you enter battlegrounds/arenas. The gear reward can come from getting enough points to unlock it outside bgs/arenas.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm in badlands doing
those deathwing quests where the world shrinks and it says I realized he was hiding in the sun so I looked up but I can't for the life of me figure what to do... I think its like dusk or something do I really have to wait around for the time to change or what?

HAH! Well in the grand tradition of asking questions, I figured out immediately after I posted. The rest of the quest was hilarious.
Riding a flying motorcycle to beat Deathwing in a knifefight.
I was super fed up with not being able to figure out what to do, but that last segment fucking killed me. :lol :lol :lol Truly awesome.

Twig

Banned
notworksafe said:
I like how you manage to get upset at every perceived slight, when none was intended. Grats.

Also, it adds nothing for me. So really, it adds nothing. I am not playing the game through someone else's eyes.

I'd rather Blizzard work on making more dungeon content, as the current amount is quite lacking, before working on cosmetic extras.
I wasn't upset. I'm just melodramatic. It amuses me to be so and I frequently forget "text is hard." U:

My point is that it is a thing that would improve the game for a lot of people. I understand and empathize with the fact that you, personally, don't give two shits about personal appearance customization... but you are the minority, I would think.

And it is not a difficult thing to add to the game. (I know, I know, I'm playing the part of the stereotypical armchair developer, here, but I do believe what I say.) They really DON'T have an excuse. I'm sorry, but they don't.
DeathNote said:
Making the win/loss honor equal in TB would 100% improve spirit of competition.
IMO, it should be a 2:1 ratio for offense:defense. One of my guildies said this and I thought it was a pretty good idea.

In other words, if it's going to be 1800 honor for winning offense, it should be 900 for winning defense. Though 1800 is probably too high. If it's going to be 420 for winning offense, it should be 210 for winning defense.

That way there's absolutely no incentive to win-trade. :D

I'm hoping the win-trading ends now, though. I'm excited to play Tol barad for real, again. I hope we're on offense!

*logs in*

Jtwo said:
So I'm in badlands doing
those deathwing quests where the world shrinks and it says I realized he was hiding in the sun so I looked up but I can't for the life of me figure what to do... I think its like dusk or something do I really have to wait around for the time to change or what?

HAH! Well in the grand tradition of asking questions, I figured out immediately after I posted. The rest of the quest was hilarious.
Riding a flying motorcycle to beat Deathwing in a knifefight.
I was super fed up with not being able to figure out what to do, but that last segment fucking killed me. :lol :lol :lol Truly awesome.
What.

What.

I need to do Badlands, is what you're saying.

Haly

water_wendi said:
The way Blizzard does it is completely backwards.
It is in fact very clever and diabolical. By focusing more on gear than individual ability, players have an incentive to play more, a scapegoat for when they lose, as well as the oppertunity to "get better" simply through grinding.

Basically time as a substitute (albeit temporary) for skill and game balance.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Twig said:
What.

What.

I need to do Badlands, is what you're saying.
Dude, it was fucking awesome. The rest of Badlands was kinda take it or leave it, but that end quest was amazing.

Twig

Banned
Once I grind back neutral goblin factions rep (Bloodsail Admiral, ahoy), I intend to go for Loremaster, but it's taking so long. Maybe I'll just do Badlands now. U: There are no neutral goblins in the new Badlands, right?

Halycon said:
No, it is in fact very clever and diabolical. By focusing more on gear than individual ability, players have both an incentive to play more, a scapegoat for when they lose, as well as the ability to "get better" simply through grinding.

Basically time as a substitute (albeit temporary) for skill and game balance.
It is completely backwards in the way it should be done for perfect balance.

They keep balancing skills based on players that keep changing gear. How is that even remotely possible? Too, competition is ruined when, as others have stated

You are certainly correct that it's a great way to keep some people playing, but not all. In the past it's been nothing but a deterrent to me and I end up just quitting because I'm tired of getting my ass kicked due to gear imbalances. Grinding fucking sucks as anything but a way to keep people playing longer. But, I mean, you know that, what with your diabolical comment, heh.

Thanks to this whole TB fiasco, I finally feel like I'm on equal footing with the people I'm playing against, and so I have more incentive to KEEP playing instead of ragequitting.

Coeliacus

The new town in badlands is a neutral goblin town, so you are out of luck. I don't know if the quest they are talking about is attached to that chain though. Look for an orc, a gnome and a dwarf near the big scar and see if you can start right away.

I start leveling pre cata right after the patch that introduced the cata world changes and I have to say my new favourite zone is EPL. At the border to WPL you meet a few NPCs and you travel in a caravan from place to place after completing the relevant quests. It's like Vash, minus the swimming.

I haven't taken to any of the new Cata zones so much. Maybe because they all feel so arbitrary and disconnected from everything (besides Deathwing). Twilight Highlands overall feels the most polished though. The Uldum Harrison Jones stuff actually got kinda annoying with all of it's very short and usless cutscenes. Also the desert is boring. Wrath zones like Dragonblight and Icecrown overall just felt more epic and memorable.

notworksafe

J-Rzez said:
In your official wow forums style posting, red-misted rage for someone insulting Blizzard, you missed what I was discussing, which was the recycling of iconic class tier armor sets as non-set epics, as I expanded on from the dye issue. There is NO defense for it, as people want their class to be special and stand out, "that's a geared out _____ right there", let alone make each character individual to user taste. Can it be really that expensive, that time consuming, that man-power needed to design one generic armor set per proficiency so they don't shit on classes tier sets? No, and if any company CAN address this via resources, I'm sure Blizzard can afford to in various ways.
Reusing old, outdated gear actually matters to people? Guess what, wearing old gear isn't "geared out". It's running dungeons that no longer matter for gear that is horribly outdated. Blizzard reusing cool-looking gear in a way that is relevant to current players is a good thing.

Also, I'm not calling you out for hating on Blizzard. I'm calling you out for not knowing what you are talking about when it comes to programming or asset creation. I guess I'd call it lazy posting on your part.

And on dyeing, it makes more sense to me in a game like LotRO where gear and weapons are held on to for longer than they are in WoW (and there are far less models to change). Especially blue and green gear. Just seems odd to me to spend the time and effort in remodeling each item for each race 10-15 times per color (or more) and maybe even remodeling each part of the gear depending on how in-depth the dyeing process would be.

I just imagine that if was something that supposedly such a large part of the player base was clamoring for (like casual friendly tutorial leveling, a redo of the old world, or harder dungeons/raids) there would be at least some word from Blizzard.

etiolate

Banned
notworksafe said:
I wish "lazy developer" was a bannable phrase. It's really the most idiotic thing said on this board and only used by morons.

Not just in this instance, but always. It's a nice sign that someone has no idea what they are talking about, however.

They are getting outworked by other devs with smaller budgets. If not lazy then its incompetent. Stop sucking blizzcock for once.

notworksafe

etiolate said:
They are getting outworked by other devs with smaller budgets. If not lazy then its incompetent. Stop sucking blizzcock for once.
Another voice from the moron gallery. Notice how I said that "lazy developer" is idiotic in all instances?

On this specific case, which developers have a more well rounded, mainstream appeal MMO? Which developers are bringing in more money with their over 12 million subscriber MMOs? Though the lack of clothing dye is sure to send the walls of the temple crashing down any moment, I'm sure.

Gravijah

Take one Sandstone Drake

Add a little Burgy Blackheart's Handsome Hat

Result?

KpdkO.jpg

Your very own flying gnome/mount! Not sure what effects others seeing it, some can, some cannot. I think you have to be near the person when they turn into the gnome.

Also, please graphic whores, don't mind my shitty grafxzxzxzxz.

J-Rzez

notworksafe said:
Reusing old, outdated gear actually matters to people?

I'm not really sure how you're not following here man, but T11 isn't old outdated gear. This is what I'm discussing:

- Tier 11 PVE sets for a class that's supposed to be iconic, and help identify a class, that you should strive to get for multiple reasons other than stats.

Recycled at the same time of current-relevant content as:

- Non-set epics in which a War can look like a T11'd DK. A DK can look like a T11 War. A pally, etc...

Do you see what I'm talking about now?

Yes, I'd like to be able to fully customize my toon to be fully individual from dyes, but they're against that for many of "reasons". But there's no excuse, none, for them to recycle Tier sets into random non-set epic armor sets anyone in said proficiency can wear.

They've diluted the classes a lot as is with the way buffs are brought by numerous classes. Blood Lust is brought by 3 classes now. And so on. Making said class look like another further expands upon that problem for those who chose their class for the "style" of gear they've been represented as in the past, concept arts, etc.

Recycling iconic class identifying gear for non-set epics is Lazy, Incompetent, or they just don't have enough creative talent left on WoW, and moved them onto Titan, or, need to hire more artists.

Angry Grimace said:
I don't get why they designed a battle that's so obviously flawed at its core and just let it stay that way through beta. It doesn't really make sense. I mean, WG was pretty fun, even if it wasn't perfect. I'm not sure I understood what the goal was, because TB seems to be virtually impossible to win if the Defending force is even making an effort.

Honestly, I question a lot of their beta practices. There were numerous examples of issues people had with the game in which they ignored, or just said "no, we like it or know better", then through months of beta and then after launch they then say, "Oh hey we're going to do this, it's not right". Basically ignoring the beta testing process in which it was pointed out for months that there something wrong with said mechanic, ability, encounter, what have you. I believe their beta's anymore are a stress test on servers.

notworksafe

J-Rzez said:
I'm not really sure how you're not following here man, but T11 isn't old outdated gear. This is what I'm discussing:

- Tier 11 PVE sets for a class that's supposed to be iconic, and help identify a class, that you should strive to get for multiple reasons other than stats.

Recycled at the same time of current-relevant content as:

- Non-set epics in which a War can look like a T11'd DK. A DK can look like a T11 War. A pally, etc...

Do you see what I'm talking about now?
I still don't see it as a big deal. It's a non-epic set which won't be worn for long that looks sorta like a Tier set from another class entirely. I get that it could be a bother to some but I don't see it as a major problem, really. If it was something like the T9 situation, I'd be more upset.

J-Rzez said:
They've diluted the classes a lot as is with the way buffs are brought by numerous classes. Blood Lust is brought by 3 classes now. And so on.
Not every raid is able to bring every class. It's rather nice to be able to tell my raid team to come on whatever main they prefer to play and not be boned because of having the wrong buffs/debuffs and having to take another player just because of the buff/debuff they provide.

J-Rzez said:
Recycling iconic class identifying gear for non-set epics is Lazy, Incompetent, or they just don't have enough creative talent left on WoW, and moved them onto Titan, or, need to hire more artists.
Or they were busy with the content expansion/pre-expansion patch content they've ever done for an expansion that was obviously a decent (3+ months maybe?) amount behind schedule.

Just saying... :D

Heck, in 4-6 months when T11 is Justice Point level gear it will matter even less what blue level gear looks like.

J-Rzez

notworksafe said:
I still don't see it as a big deal. It's a non-epic set which won't be worn for long that looks sorta like a Tier set from another class entirely. I get that it could be a bother to some but I don't see it as a major problem, really. If it was something like the T9 situation, I'd be more upset.

Not every raid is able to bring every class. It's rather nice to be able to tell my raid team to come on whatever main they prefer to play and not be boned because of having the wrong buffs/debuffs and having to take another player just because of the buff/debuff they provide.

I just used the class homogenization as another example on top of the other situation. And these non-set epics don't look "sorta" like a Tier set, they ARE the tier set, just recolored, period.

Maybe that doesn't bother you, but there's a large amount of people that class and character individuality matters to. There's no reason to call people morons because they think something's a big deal while you don't care for whatever reason.

It's a major problem to many more people than you'd think, and for something as "special" and "defining" as a Tier set should not be copy/paste/paintbucket for others to use instead of making even just ONE more armor set that looks nothing like the tier of any of said proficiencies. Are people going to quit over it? Probably not. Is it frustrating to see? Sure is to many. Why they recycled so much shit anymore wreaks of laziness or lack of creativity, period.

Or they were busy with the content expansion/pre-expansion patch content they've ever done for an expansion that was obviously a decent (3+ months maybe?) amount behind schedule.

Just saying...

They've been doing this now since Wrath. This just didn't happen this one time. It's laziness until they give a good enough reason to say it's justified. If Cata was behind, oh well, perhaps don't pull off your "A-team" and put them on the next project, leaving the game in the hands of different people. And that's their own fault.

notworksafe

I was calling you a moron for using the "developer laziness" card, which is really nothing more than a short sighted view of something you don't fully understand...or poster laziness.

Lack of creativity is something perhaps more what you were looking for, I'm thinking.

And Blizzard really shouldn't have any problems with pulling the A team off of WoW. It's essentially self-sustaining at this point. Even then some of the stuff in Cata is genre changing, too bad there had to be some similar gear sets that won't be used at all in a year because of it.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmph, on to Searing Gorge.
At this rate I might actually just see Outlands! I bought TBC when it first came out just to be a Blood Elf for some reason.. I pretty much only play WoW like one month out of the year so this might finally be the time! :lol

Haly

Rather than recolors (which apparently requires fundamental engine changes), I would like to see the ability to transfer an item's stats onto another item's model. So all those collector gear people amassed over the years, santa hats, valentine's dresses (I have an awesome black one on my Belf priest), top hats, bandit masks, can be used more often. Who doesn't want to raid while dressed like a bourgeois skank?

You could even give the ability to scribes to (shut them up) or enchanters! Or split them up among Blacksmiths, Leatherworkers and Tailors.

It's being implemented in GW2 IIRC as microtransactions and I'll probably sink a shitload of money into it. Then again GW gear is generally ugly so we'll see.

J-Rzez

notworksafe said:
I was calling you a moron for using the "developer laziness" card, which is really nothing more than a short sighted view of something you don't fully understand...or poster laziness.

And I'm saying you're posting like an official wow-forum poster who came in to Blizz's defense blindly not understanding what was said, calling everyone morons, begging for bannings. Nor did you give/have any real solid reason to say otherwise that it's not "laziness/lack of creativity" as to what's being discussed right away. You just asked for bannings and insulted people. As you tried to discuss this, while continually insulting, it showed you were the one not fully following the discussion.

But this is going no where fast for reason, so lets just leave it be..

notworksafe

Sorry, it's just hard to follow your new pointless whine of the moment. There's been so many....

Good to see you've stopping complaining about Blizzard getting a statue in their office, though.

Halycon said:
Rather than recolors (which apparently requires fundamental engine changes), I would like to see the ability to transfer an item's stats onto another item's model. So all those collector gear people amassed over the years, santa hats, valentine's dresses (I have an awesome black one on my Belf priest), top hats, bandit masks, can be used more often. Who doesn't want to raid while dressed like a bourgeois skank?

You could even give the ability to scribes to (shut them up) or enchanters! Or split them up among Blacksmiths, Leatherworkers and Tailors.

It's being implemented in GW2 IIRC as microtransactions and I'll probably sink a shitload of money into it. Then again GW gear is generally ugly so we'll see.
This is also in LotRO as the Wardobe. Lets you wear any gear you want and keep your current stats. Also available via microtransactions.

Twig

Banned
notworksafe said:
Sorry, it's just hard to follow your new pointless whine of the moment. There's been so many...
Man, I was behind you in the beginning, understanding your point of view and why you just don't care about armor customization... but you are a little crazy.

Manus

I'll never tank a PUG again. Especially Stonecore. Idiots can't move out of the way on the first boss. Ugh, the one night people don't feel like doing a heroic in the Guild.

Rokam

PvPing as ret...is...sigh. 2k crusader strike hits, ramp up time = useless. I find it stupid that Unholy DK's can start out with a Super Ghoul, but pallies don't get to start with 3 holy power, in arena.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
I don't think there's any justifiable excuse for the gear at the end of the day. It's just something that has to get better, and it's more embarrassing because it used to be way better.

I heard Shaman tier gear is going to be p. awesome in the future.

Twig

Banned
I don't want to tank in PUGs for the complete opposite reason: I don't want to suck and get yelled at constantly for not knowing what I'm doing.

Which is why I've done very little tanking! D:

J-Rzez

DeathNote said:
Just can't stop insulting people.

Yeah, they just won't quit. I don't remember them being like that for the most part neither. I think they just snapped. It's like reading something straight from the official wow forums. No real argument, not following the discussion, just throwing out insults for people discussing faults.

I may complain about trivial things at times (dance studio is my personal peeve), but these are bigger issues which many are upset about. And at least I don't go around insulting people, especially without adding solid thoughts/opinions on the matter. It's crazy, I was waiting for the "you suck, and your guild is garbage" card to come out like that one goof used to try and play here.

On a side note, since the hotfix to TB, we've openly stated to the alliance on our realm that TB will be perma-locked for the Horde from here on out, like it was before the win-trading. Funny stuff as they have some horde on our server and they're crying now to us they won't get to go in there like WG used to be lol. But hey, they got cocky during the TB win-trading and they tried their best to screw the horde over during the games, now they're going to pay. Probably pay to transfer off our server now.

After each TB now, the bridge goers charge straight in and clean up the remaining ally. Killing and camping them until log out lol. I kinda-sorta feel bad.

SquirrelNuckle said:
I'll never tank a PUG again. Especially Stonecore. Idiots can't move out of the way on the first boss. Ugh, the one night people don't feel like doing a heroic in the Guild.

The 3rd boss is the real pug killer from my experience in there. :lol

Twig

Banned
J-Rzez said:
I may complain about trivial things at times (dance studio is my personal peeve), but these are bigger issues which many are upset about. And at least I don't go around insulting people, especially without adding solid thoughts/opinions on the matter.
I don't want to add fuel to the fire (haha, imagine me, saying that with a straight face), but to be fair, the "wow-forums" comment is insulting in the way you've been using it.

J-Rzez said:
Is that the dragon or the big stone guy? I forget.

Neither one has ever offered me any trouble, barring bugs when the stone guy would suddenly inexplicably summon extra mobs from literally nowhere. Though that only happened in normal. D:

notworksafe

J-Rzez said:
It's like reading something straight from the official wow forums.
J-Rzez said:
I don't go around insulting people

:D

But sorry for being insulting, J-Rzez. I should know better by now that stuff like that doesn't lead to constructive conversation. It's (gear coloring and looks stuff) just something I'm a bit glad that Blizz isn't focusing on, because I'll always take a fun dungeon/raid over a good looking set of gear. I'm assuming they are focused on content creation instead of pretty gear, and so far that's what I've seen with the new old world and the well done dungeons. Can't comment on TB because I've still yet to be able to actually fight in one because of population imbalance.

If they aren't focused on content creation and we get a 4.1 content patch with a poor dungeon/raid AND still uncreative gear, I'll be complaining right alongside you.

But yeah, apologies for being a jerk. It's just that sometimes your complaints...

Anm4C.jpg

are on another Tier.

Twig

Banned
I really, really doubt that gear customization development would have any significant impact on dungeon/raid content, unless they are incredibly disorganized at Blizzard - something I also really, really doubt.

They're just such completely different concepts that to assign "dungeon guy" to "gear customization" is a ludicrous concept.

Therefore, it's easy to do both at once, and they still have no excuse!

Dresden

I like where the gear is at right now, for pvp at least. Even without the TB glitch, everyone would've geared up eventually without any honor grinding--just win 6, 7 arena matches a week. No rating on weapons with higher-ranked people being distinguished by color differences was a change that I really loved about Cata. No more grinding up to 1800 two seasons late.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
J-Rzez said:
Yeah, they just won't quit. I don't remember them being like that for the most part neither. I think they just snapped. It's like reading something straight from the official wow forums. No real argument, not following the discussion, just throwing out insults for people discussing faults.

I may complain about trivial things at times (dance studio is my personal peeve), but these are bigger issues which many are upset about. And at least I don't go around insulting people, especially without adding solid thoughts/opinions on the matter. It's crazy, I was waiting for the "you suck, and your guild is garbage" card to come out like that one goof used to try and play here.

On a side note, since the hotfix to TB, we've openly stated to the alliance on our realm that TB will be perma-locked for the Horde from here on out, like it was before the win-trading. Funny stuff as they have some horde on our server and they're crying now to us they won't get to go in there like WG used to be lol. But hey, they got cocky during the TB win-trading and they tried their best to screw the horde over during the games, now they're going to pay. Probably pay to transfer off our server now.

After each TB now, the bridge goers charge straight in and clean up the remaining ally. Killing and camping them until log out lol. I kinda-sorta feel bad.

You always get told you are whining about something, but, honestly, every MMO lover should welcome ideas on how to make things better whether it's for WOW or a upcoming MMO. We spent 6 years and months of gameplay and know what we want.

I jumped the gun insulting someone earlier. I said their post read like someone that was cheated on for a year and finally dumped her and that they should stop thinking about it since they are DONE. But now I see he was interested in game development and had a lot of personal ideas on how to improve it in their mind.

Every time he disagrees with someone, he winds up insulting them and saying their shitty thoughts are hard to follow.

I think my server has been Horde locked for days.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I downloaded this on my PC, cranked it to Ultra (after playing on Fair on my Macbook) and flew into The Hinterlands for the first time and was amazed at how damn gorgeous some of that zone is.

Einbroch

Banned
Twig said:
I don't want to tank in PUGs for the complete opposite reason: I don't want to suck and get yelled at constantly for not knowing what I'm doing.

Which is why I've done very little tanking! D:
They're from another server. Even if they weren't, who fucking cares what they think? I just laugh it off. You can leave the group and get another in two seconds because you're a tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom