• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yazus said:
Sorry I expressed myself bad. We are stuck at Putricide HC 25... we did The Princes/Queen and Valrithia (valrithia HC is a joke). Putri hc is so hard and we are stuck, we arent even attempting sindragosa hc atm...

his point was if you're only 6/12 in hardmodes, you could be spending your time killing some easier than putricide.

mclem

Yeah. Off the top of my head our kill order was:

Marrowgar
Gunship
Rotface
Festergut
Blood Princes
Blood Queen
Saurfang
Deathwhisper
Dreamwalker

...intending to do our remaining HMs in the order Putricide, Sindy, LK. So I'd suggest that you're best off working on one of the above over Putricide right now.

Entropia

No One Remembers
ciaossu said:
Your healers aren't doing it right. I solo heal her on reg 10 and it takes barely any time (not sure exactly how long though).
Heroic 10 or if you're new to reg 10 you should use 2 healers in the portals and 1 outside. Healing her consists of (for resto shamans) only using healing wave and the occasional riptide or swiftness if you need to move or when the riptide effect falls off.

So as someone said, don't diversify spells, spam the big one. It's a really easy fight... and it sounds like tanking/dps isn't the problem at all.

Resto Shaman = Riptide -> HW -> HW -> HW -> LHW -> Riptide -> HW -> HW -> HW -> LHW

Our heroic kill order:
Marrowgar
Lootship
Saurfang
Rotface
Festergut
Princes
Queen
Dreamwalker
Putricide
Sindragosa

Tacitus_

Aesthet1c said:
That's our problem. Too much of our dps is being focused on killing ice blocks and not enough is on the boss. I'm not talking about ignoring ice blocks completely. I'm just saying once she is like 15% health, just hero and burn her down. The time it would take to kill her you would only lose like 2 people to ice blocks.

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to become immune to frost damage on her? I'm hearing at 600 FR, you basically dont take any frost damage anymore.

Sic one DPS to focus on the tombs (we use a rogue), rest can focus on the boss unless the RL calls for more tomb dps.

Aesthet1c

Tacitus_ said:
Sic one DPS to focus on the tombs (we use a rogue), rest can focus on the boss unless the RL calls for more tomb dps.

Thats more or less what we attempt to do (although my raid takes 2 people to dps the blocks, 1 doesn't seem to be enough), and the extra dps only kills when we have more than one block up. The issue with my raid is we are always getting extra blocks, which pulls dps from the boss and onto the blocks to help out. Our best attempt yet is 6%, we wiped due to enrage because we weren't killing her fast enough in phase 3.

idlewild_

Dunlop said:
A holy priest that is not glyphed into guardian spirit would make baby jebus cry

this not entirely true, i've met several really good holy priests that don't have it. briefly looking at ej it is listed as one of 5 glyphs you can use for 2nd/3rd glyph slot. the topic is up to date considering 3.3.5. perhaps the glyph is mandatory at higher progression levels, but there is really no fight that screams 'mandatory' on 10m normal modes

Entropia

No One Remembers
Aesthet1c said:
That's our problem. Too much of our dps is being focused on killing ice blocks and not enough is on the boss. I'm not talking about ignoring ice blocks completely. I'm just saying once she is like 15% health, just hero and burn her down. The time it would take to kill her you would only lose like 2 people to ice blocks.

Also, does anyone know if it's possible to become immune to frost damage on her? I'm hearing at 600 FR, you basically dont take any frost damage anymore.

More FrR= waste because your DPS will suck.

Get some more Fury Warriors up in there for some of those sexy cleaves. :lol

Dunlop

idlewild_ said:
this not entirely true, i've met several really good holy priests that don't have it. briefly looking at ej it is listed as one of 5 glyphs you can use for 2nd/3rd glyph slot. the topic is up to date considering 3.3.5. perhaps the glyph is mandatory at higher progression levels, but there is really no fight that screams 'mandatory' on 10m normal modes

Not manditory but it is probably the greatest "oh shit" spell in the game. Having on a minute CD is priceless.

Being in a guild that could steamroll content (not mine - we steamroll content until Sind and LK and then it is like we have never fought them before) I can see it not being as indispensable.

Rapstah

The Scourgelord Tyrannus bug where he jumps back on top of Rimefang upon taking damage is so hilarious that I don't actually want Blizzard to fix it. :lol

Rapstah said:
The Scourgelord Tyrannus bug where he jumps back on top of Rimefang upon taking damage is so hilarious that I don't actually want Blizzard to fix it. :lol

I love doing it with a pug and hearing people's hair brained theories on how not to bug it. "DON'T TARGET RIMEFANG BEFORE THE FIGHT OR HE'LL BUG!" How the fuck does that even make any sense?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
We now know how much JP & gold our current emblems can give, take a look at http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/

Since my warrior has like 430 emblems of triumphs collecting dust, i could just switch them to conquest and get 2400g! Well, considering how the patch will not release until october or november, i will surely have much more emblems by then. :lol

Now, i only need to know how much an item that now cost 90 frosts will be in Justice points.

Jrmint

krypt0nian said:
Can I ask why Monday night/Tuesday morning sales? Forgive my noobitude...
Raid resets are on Tuesday, so everybody will be buying their raid flasks on Monday night, into Tuesday. I find if you sell them Tuesday afternoon, the market will already be too saturated.

notworksafe

Another good AH tip is that auction durations continue to count down over server downtime. So sometimes you are able to get bids in quickly after servers come up for items that expire in 1-2 hours or less. It's a nice way to get things cheaper than the normal price.

J-Rzez

Bisnic said:
We now know how much JP & gold our current emblems can give, take a look at http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/

Since my warrior has like 430 emblems of triumphs collecting dust, i could just switch them to conquest and get 2400g! Well, considering how the patch will not release until october or november, i will surely have much more emblems by then. :lol

Now, i only need to know how much an item that now cost 90 frosts will be in Justice points.

So from this soft/hard cap talk, people are going to be able to be ahead of the game for end game dungeon (non-raid) loot if they bank up all those emblems/points now? Not liking that. Should be a fresh slate for all.

Bisnic

J-Rzez said:
So from this soft/hard cap talk, people are going to be able to be ahead of the game for end game dungeon (non-raid) loot if they bank up all those emblems/points now? Not liking that. Should be a fresh slate for all.

Justice Points wont allow you to buy lvl 85 epics as far as i know.

Bisnic

funkmastergeneral said:
what is their use?

They just replace the current triumph and frost emblems. It's not meant to buy lvl 85 epics. I don't remember how they are called, but points from 5 mans & raids at lvl 85 will be separated, or something like that.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I don't get the current Ret Paladin thing. It just seems like it does totally shit damage and it's pretty hard to follow your Holy Power points since you have to keep randomly looking up to see if you got enough.

I mean, either I have no clue what I'm doing or it's jsut a weird class. Just button mashing my DK gets like 7000 dps but I can't do crap on my Ret.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bisnic said:
They just replace the current triumph and frost emblems. It's not meant to buy lvl 85 epics. I don't remember how they are called, but points from 5 mans & raids at lvl 85 will be separated, or something like that.
I'm pretty sure they are for buying Level 85 epics. It's the same as the current system; Valor Points are for shit you want, and Justice Points are for stuff you care about less; i.e. Justice points are equivalent to Heroism badges, and Valor badges are equivalent to Valor Badges.

The softcap is 4000, but my guess is that the hard cap is many many thousand higher than that, like 10000 or something. The idea is so that they don't have to replace badges all the time with new shinier badges, whatever the most current content is will give you valor points and old content and heroics give you justice points. Think of it like starting Wrath with 40 Emblems of Heroism. It's not gamebreaking at all because it's enough to buy you a level 200 belt.

ampere

Bisnic said:
Justice Points wont allow you to buy lvl 85 epics as far as i know.
Yeah, remember Valor points will buy the good stuff, Justice points will be lower end.

Who knows what they'll get us for first tier of lv85 stuff though. Maybe gems/enchants/heroics gear.

Angry Grimace said:
I don't get the current Ret Paladin thing. It just seems like it does totally shit damage and it's pretty hard to follow your Holy Power points since you have to keep randomly looking up to see if you got enough.

I mean, either I have no clue what I'm doing or it's jsut a weird class. Just button mashing my DK gets like 7000 dps but I can't do crap on my Ret.
Is your ret wearing mail or leather? Remember they took AP off gear and agility isn't going to be as valuable for rets anymore. I would say get a full set of plate gear with strength and then see how you do. 5% strength buff too.

I just checked and my shaman (resto/ele) and druid (bear/tree) have copied over, excited to play around with talents :D

Skel said:
Raid resets are on Tuesday, so everybody will be buying their raid flasks on Monday night, into Tuesday. I find if you sell them Tuesday afternoon, the market will already be too saturated.

ah brilliant. =)

Flib

Angry Grimace said:
I'm pretty sure they are for buying Level 85 epics. It's the same as the current system; Valor Points are for shit you want, and Justice Points are for stuff you care about less; i.e. Justice points are equivalent to Heroism badges, and Valor badges are equivalent to Valor Badges.

The softcap is 4000, but my guess is that the hard cap is many many thousand higher than that, like 10000 or something. The idea is so that they don't have to replace badges all the time with new shinier badges, whatever the most current content is will give you valor points and old content and heroics give you justice points. Think of it like starting Wrath with 40 Emblems of Heroism. It's not gamebreaking at all because it's enough to buy you a level 200 belt.

The softcap is only good at 4.0, and what it means is that if you have more than 4k points when everything is converted, you will get however many points you're owed but cannot accrue more until you drop below 4k. Right before cataclysm, they will change the soft cap to a hard cap, and all the points you still have above 4k will be converted into gold, leaving you with 4k.

edit: A blue explained it better:

Vaneras said:
Again, the softcap for both Honor and Justice conversions is 4000 points. This means that if a character converts to above 4,000 points, it will not be possible for them to earn more until they fall below the 4,000 cap.

A hardcap will be implemented in a following patch before Cataclysm's release. At that time, any excess points above 4,000 will be converted as follows:

Honor points above 4,000 are converted to gold at a rate of 35 silver per point of Honor.
Justice points above 4,000 are converted to gold at a rate of 2 gold per point of Justice.

Xabora

notworksafe said:
I thought it was Valor points for top tier raids and Hero points for Heroics and raids below the newest tier?

Are Justice points replacing Hero points or are they just catch all for anything below 85?

EDIT: I guess Justice points are the new name for Hero points. http://blue.mmo-champion.com/t/24401796793/cataclysm-badge-and-pvp-point-changes
Hero Points sounds like something from this:
24vuuy0.jpg

Angry Grimace

Flib said:
The softcap is only good at 4.0, and what it means is that if you have more than 4k points when everything is converted, you will get however many points you're owed but cannot accrue more until you drop below 4k. Right before cataclysm, they will change the soft cap to a hard cap, and all the points you still have above 4k will be converted into gold, leaving you with 4k.

edit: A blue explained it better:
I believe it's a "cap" meaning it's just a cap on the convertable points. I think the hardcap itself is higher, but that you can't into Cataclsym itself with more than 4000. It's not entirely obvious with the method they are explaining it with.

Edit:I think you are right, I think it's just harder to get the points than I think; i.e. you need 1455 Emblems of Frost to get to 4000. Does anybody actually have that many badges?

Bisnic

HarryDemeanor said:
Do we know how many Justice Points you receive per boss kill? Currently T10 is 674 for Gloves/Shoulders and 1100 for the rest.

Well, i hope it wont be too bad, because 1100 Justice points = 400 emblems of triumph or frost. Of course, we wont need to kill 400 bosses to get a T10 helm, but still...

J-Rzez

Angry Grimace said:

Ret is a mess right now. Mine is doing 2-3k less DPS than it used to, but they said they have to do a numbers pass, and there's no glyphs active atm. Holy power is a fun mechanic, though they need a better way to keep track of it, "power-aura" style. Because right now sometimes things use up HP, sometimes they don't, sometimes you get an extra or full HP proc, etc... It livens up Ret a bit though, which was needed.

My DK is weird right now. People are saying Frost is doing the most DPS, but I did the frost thing with 2H and DW and I'm doing way more DPS as 2H UH, and DW is right there with it, sometimes higher, sometimes lower. Festering Strike is smoking things right now for me for 14k hits (usually around 11k-12k) with only my buffs/debuffs up. Non-crits are ~5/6k.

I still don't like the rune system changes personally, but I guess we're stuck with it.

I hope they clarify this Justice/Hero/Valor points thing up soon. Right now it sounds like you can get a head start on "Dungeon non-set" pieces.

Ashodin

J-Rzez said:
though they need a better way to keep track of it, "power-aura" style.
I agree with this. Need some sort of aura that pops when you get 3. Since getting any less is useless. It's nice they have the bar, but it's a bitch to have to look up, look down, look up, yes that is a horse made of stars, look back down.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
1. can they ban me for flying around old world on a pre made druid?

2. can trial accounts get access to the PTR?

3. looks like they rate your hardware and wont let you turn certain graphics settings up to ultra. i want to increase me view distance and it wont let me. any way to do this?

DeathNote said:
1. can they ban me for flying around old world on a pre made druid?

2. can trial accounts get access to the PTR?

3. looks like they rate your hardware and wont let you turn certain graphics settings up to ultra. i want to increase me view distance and it wont let me. any way to do this?

The PTR graphical options are busted for some reason.

I don't think they can ban you for something like that. As long as you aren't hacking the game you're safe. Then again, I'm not a GM so who knows.

Angry Grimace

J-Rzez said:
Ret is a mess right now. Mine is doing 2-3k less DPS than it used to, but they said they have to do a numbers pass, and there's no glyphs active atm. Holy power is a fun mechanic, though they need a better way to keep track of it, "power-aura" style. Because right now sometimes things use up HP, sometimes they don't, sometimes you get an extra or full HP proc, etc... It livens up Ret a bit though, which was needed.

My DK is weird right now. People are saying Frost is doing the most DPS, but I did the frost thing with 2H and DW and I'm doing way more DPS as 2H UH, and DW is right there with it, sometimes higher, sometimes lower. Festering Strike is smoking things right now for me for 14k hits (usually around 11k-12k) with only my buffs/debuffs up. Non-crits are ~5/6k.

I still don't like the rune system changes personally, but I guess we're stuck with it.

I hope they clarify this Justice/Hero/Valor points thing up soon. Right now it sounds like you can get a head start on "Dungeon non-set" pieces.
It doesn't work all that differently because your disease lengths are so long it's almost impossible to mess up. Part of the problem I have with Frost is that Obliterate isn't worth using because Frost isn't GCD locked like Unholy is, so essentially spamming Howling Blast seems to be a winning idea because even on a single target PS + HB (especially glyphed) is far better DPS than using two runes on an Obliterate, which then means you never really trigger Rime.

Either Obliterate's damage needs to come up or Howling Blast's damage needs to come down, possibly both. I think HB's damage being toned down is a better idea; it works "wrong," given it works like Divine Storm and Whirlwind.

I'm not sure I had a problem with HB being used on Rime procs rather than just because it does the most DPS.

I haven't given Unholy a shot yet, but I assume it's just put diseases up; spam SS + FS simply based on looking at the numbers.

ezekial45

Banned
So......I'm glad this place is going to be in cata.

AQ is now an area of the continent like ZG? I've been through all of AQ20 and 40 back in Pre-BC and I loved that place. I can't wait to see what they do with it. Oh and the new deadmines? Wowzers.

Ashodin

ezekial45 said:
So......I'm glad this place is going to be in cata.

AQ is now an area of the continent like ZG? I've been through all of AQ20 and 40 back in Pre-BC and I loved that place. I can't wait to see what they do with it. Oh and the new deadmines? Wowzers.
AQ20 is becoming AQ10.

Angry Grimace

Maxrpg said:
AQ20 is becoming AQ10.
They should make every single old raid scaled up to be 10 player raids of the highest content level. It's like the only content in the game that has no use at all.

Ashodin

Angry Grimace said:
They should make every single old raid scaled up to be 10 player raids of the highest content level. It's like the only content in the game that has no use at all.
I have none, none at all doubts that they will go back and touch on every old world dungeon as heroic. The foot is in the door - some of the original ones are already changed, and heroic SFK and VC is in, gogo full dungeon revamp.

J-Rzez

Angry Grimace said:
I haven't given Unholy a shot yet, but I assume it's just put diseases up; spam SS + FS simply based on looking at the numbers.

Firing off DC's and hitting your ghoul steroid button for fun too. That's all it basically it for Unholy right now. Pest if there's AoE involved.

Frost 2H OB wasn't "too" bad though, mine ranged from 7k-15.5k.

For Pallies, "Power-Aura" for Holy Powers need to show up above your character. Too much looking around. Though I'm sure someone will make an add-on that does it.

Ashodin

J-Rzez said:
For Pallies, "Power-Aura" for Holy Powers need to show up above your character. Too much looking around. Though I'm sure someone will make an add-on that does it.
I will download said addon.

mclem

Bisnic said:

Justice points *are* the low-tier upgrade points (I think the high-tier ones are Valor points?); they were renamed from Hero Points, probably so they don't have the same acronym as Honor Points.

However, I suspect that prices will mean you won't be looking at more than one or maybe two L85 items thanks to the cap, if it even goes for L85 items at all (If I were Blizz, I'd be tempted to make a vendor which offered nice levelling stuff for your carry-over Justice Points; bags, maybe)

firex

Maxrpg said:
I have none, none at all doubts that they will go back and touch on every old world dungeon as heroic. The foot is in the door - some of the original ones are already changed, and heroic SFK and VC is in, gogo full dungeon revamp.
I hope you're right, and they do it with every content patch. Making heroic versions of some of those dungeons should be pretty easy.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Sciz said:
There's a 1.5GB chunk of the 4.0.1 patch up on the live servers background downloader now.

Jesus, is it really THAT much data? I dread to think what the big pre cata one's gonna be like.

Hixx

Cindres said:
Jesus, is it really THAT much data? I dread to think what the big pre cata one's gonna be like.

They can give all the art assets out now. That's what this part of the patch will be now.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
How are these stats for a DK learning to tank heroics?

Self buffed... 24,718 armor, 29,000HP, 535 Defense, 23.27% Dodge, 18.05% parry, 7.32% hit, 6.75 expertise. 535 is heroic defense cap right? Since no boss is over 82? I could gem/enchant for some more hit.

As far as spec and rotation:

http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t44638-sunos_fireside_chat_dk_endgame_tanking/

5-man Blood spec. Strong AOE. Not a raid spec. Provided for contrast or newer tanks in Heroic 5-mans.

Single target, opening rotation
IT – PS – HS – HS – DS
DS – HS – HS – HS – HS

Ongoing rotation
IT – PS – HS – HS – DS
lots of DS or HS or Rune tap

AOE rotation
DnD – IT – PS – Pest
DS – BB – BB – DS

Aurarian

DeathNote said:

Self buffed... 24,718 armor, 29,000HP, 535 Defense, 23.27% Dodge, 18.05% parry, 7.32% hit, 6.75 expertise. 535 is heroic defense cap right? Since no boss is over 82? I could gem/enchant for some more hit.

I know D-cap is 540 for level 83 bosses. I forgot the math a while back since, but I think you're fine for heroics. I went in during the start of Wrath defense capped and probably with less hp than you did so you should be fine. You shouldn't enchant or gem for hit in my opinion. It's much better to enchant and gem for survivability than hit. The melee hit cap is about 8% I think. So in your case, if you eat some hit food, you'll be over the cap.

ampere

Sciz said:
There's a 1.5GB chunk of the 4.0.1 patch up on the live servers background downloader now.
Ughhhh I saw that

Too soon! There's so much I need to finish -.-
Time to look up things getting removed (already farming ZG) and get going!

DeathNote said:

That's fine, have you tanked before on another character?

I started tanking with my DK last week at 24k hp, 490 defense, but I have an ICC25 bear and a lv70 warrior I've leveled in dungeons as prot. If you hold aggro, then you'll be fine.

The rotations you listed look fine, the idea is to open with Death and Decay, load up diseases (and Icy Touch is great for quick threat), spread them and blood boil. It starts to feel natural after a little playing around.

You could use more hit for sure, but if you gem/enchant do it for stamina. You'll get more hit on your gear as you get upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom