• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yazus

ToyMachine228 said:
Fuck my guild's loot tables. We've killed Cho'Gall 9 times with no mace. Nef, five times, and we've got the Druid, Rogue, DK, Mage piece four times, and no mace from him either. Our Druid has a Tier 11 helm for all three specs. Fucking annoying. Same loot every single week from every single boss.

Talk about RNG. We raid only 25 and Cho'Gall drops at least one if not two Twilight's Hammer each time.

I got the mace from Nefarian and both Helm/Shouders token because it dropped twice three Mage DK Rog Dudu tokens (I'm a resto druid).

But now that I need Fall of Mortality Cho'Gall don't seem to want to drop it and drops three fingers. :lol

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
My guild is lvl 19 at 20%, it seems we only get 4 or 6% per day. :( How can some guilds already be 22 or more? Do they have 40 active members at all time doing 25 Cata dailies everyday, including their alts, and doing as much instances guild runs as possible?

Bisnic said:
My guild is lvl 19 at 20%, it seems we only get 4 or 6% per day. :( How can some guilds already be 22 or more? Do they have 40 active members at all time doing 25 Cata dailies everyday, including their alts, and doing as much instances guild runs as possible?

Tbh I really don't know how we are 22, when I log on there are 6 or 7 people online leveling alts during the day. I don't really ever log in on weekends so I don't know how the numbers look then. We do jump up to like 40 during raids though.

Fularu

Banned
Bisnic said:
Killing heroic bosses awards a lot of guild exp

Bisnic

Yeah my guild is barely doing any heroic guild runs i think, that might be why the XP is slowly goiing up compared to 2 months ago when we were still running them weekly for gear. We never reach the daily cap lately.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bisnic said:
Yeah my guild is barely doing any heroic guild runs i think, that might be why the XP is slowly goiing up compared to 2 months ago when we were still running them weekly for gear. We never reach the daily cap lately.
I think he means heroic-mode raid bosses.

I must admit, I find it strange that you can't see individual guild XP gains.

Bisnic

Angry Grimace said:
I think he means heroic-mode raid bosses.

I must admit, I find it strange that you can't see individual guild XP gains.

You can.

If you right click on the General chat tab and go in Filter-Settings, it's in the Other category. I found this by myself not so long ago after making an alt and activating the classes colors for the chat.

And you can also see how much guild xp you've got in total and weekly in the Guild roster tab too.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Entropia said:
I know some high end guilds have been hiring people who do dailies/heroics/etc to get them guild exp.
That's pretty disturbing. It's not even a particularly cool achievement; every active guild will get to 25 just by existing for a long enough period of time.

markot

Banned
Is there anything in this game that isnt a /grind >_<?

Even their flagship ARCHAEOLOGY got so watered down and turned into this massssively awful grind....

No45

Grinding archaeology is counter-productive, considering you can't GUARANTEE that you'll get anything that you want. Most grinds at least offer that, Archaeology is wonderfully random (My main is a Fire Mage, <3 RNG).

Gvaz

Banned
markot said:
Is there anything in this game that isnt a /grind >_<?

Even their flagship ARCHAEOLOGY got so watered down and turned into this massssively awful grind....
"watered down"?

If anything Archaeology is the only grind that needs to be watered down with a fucking fire hose.

Bisnic

Yeah, thanks now to the 3DS and SF4, i can actually do something fun while waiting 30 mins for my heroic queue, rather than doing something as annoying as Archaeology.

I wanted to do it for the scarab mount, but considering the fact that i've digged hundreds of times in Kalimdor and that 90% of the time all i got was night elf or fossil shit, and that all my Tolvir artifacts were grey for the past month, i kinda gave up. And I don't give a crap about their stupid cat statue worth 100g, i already have 90k gold with all my characters combined, why should i care?

Nert

Every time I poke around in this thread, the general sentiment is really negative. Due to time constraints, I've made the choice to shun end game content and to instead play around with a lot of alts, and it's been pretty fun. Most of the zone redesigns (like Stonetalon Mountains, Desolace, Azshara, and Silverpine Forest) are really impressive, and a lot of the stuff introduced during Lich King (glyphs, revamped talent trees, better class specific UI) has made character progression feel a lot more coherent and interesting; enhancement specced Shamans don't have to wait until level 40 to receive a basic melee attack, for example. As a bonus, the music in the old world seems to be entirely revamped, to the point where I actually play with sound on now.

Are the people unhappy with this expansion mostly focused on raiding and PvP and the like?

Bisnic

Nert said:
Every time I poke around in this thread, the general sentiment is really negative. Due to time constraints, I've made the choice to shun end game content and to instead play around with a lot of alts, and it's been pretty fun. Most of the zone redesigns (like Stonetalon Mountains, Desolace, Azshara, and Silverpine Forest) are really impressive, and a lot of the stuff introduced during Lich King (glyphs, revamped talent trees, better class specific UI) has made character progression feel a lot more coherent and interesting; enhancement specced Shamans don't have to wait until level 40 to receive a basic melee attack, for example. As a bonus, the music in the old world seems to be entirely revamped, to the point where I actually play with sound on now.

Are the people unhappy with this expansion mostly focused on raiding and PvP and the like?

Yes, if you don't want to become a WoW player that complain all the time, avoid hardcore raiding and dont take PVP such as battlegrounds too seriously.

Some people would say that if you avoid raids you miss 80% of what makes WoW, but they don't really know what they're talking about.

J-Rzez

Nert said:

Yes, that's for the most part, something that needs to be constantly balanced, and refreshed. For example, PVP balance is completely out the window, their hotfixes were extreme and not even thought about. Raiding wise, current content is beat. Last night we didn't raid because people are just fed up with the same thing and didn't log on. I can't say I blame them, as this content after the honeymoon has shown how quickly it worn out, not as deep and quality as first thought.

The thing that really-really pisses people off is this isn't some new-start MMO dev here, it's the most wildly successful developer out there. They have the money to be able to address many of the issues this game is suffering from, yet they refuse to do anything about it. They told everyone "more content, faster", yet this is the furthest thing from the truth. They're too lazy to restructure abilities to have different effects in PVE and PVP which would alleviate the balance issues, but they basically blame their subscribers saying they're too dumb to have two different tooltips.

That's the problem. When Trion is out there balancing like crazy, fixing issues daily, and working on content faster than expected, and blizzard with it's 12m subs are just screwing around in slower than typical blizzard fashion while pulling major resources off of WoW and putting it elsewhere. It's a frustrating experience for all those in those segments.

Gvaz

Banned
Bisnic said:
Some people would say that if you avoid raids you miss 80% of what makes WoW, but they don't really know what they're talking about.

But PVP in this game sucks and heroics are boring/tedious, raiding with bros on vent and vanity items are the only fun things itg.

Fularu

Banned
Bisnic said:
If you think the current raids are too easy, i can't imagine how you thought ICC or TOC were.
People crying about "how easy it is" haven't killed the bosses on hard modes. Go try Cho'Gall HM or Sinestra and come back telling me they're easy fights.

While I understand not wanting to do hard modes if you don't feel like doing it, I can't understand people complaining that this tier is too easy when it has been, by far, the hardest tier. By virtue of not doing the hard modes, you agreed on playing this game on its easy setting, you have no room to complain about it.

Nert said:

There seem to be basically two major complaints (once you filter out the generic and omnipresent "aaaaa I am very dissatisfied but can't explain why!" noise):

• The new 80-85 leveling process is arguably less fun than in the previous two expansions, and (more importantly) significantly less fun when you're repeating it on an alt.
  • Gearing up to raid-ready levels is faster than it's been in the past but the actual raid content is harder, so people are smacking into a frustration wall earlier.

(And then there are some more minor issues like TB being less fun than Wintergrasp, rated battlegrounds still being half-baked, etc.)

Leveling 1-60 is outrageously fun now. The system design tweaks since vanilla have really cohered into a game that's much more consistently fun to play, with much better class design. As someone who came back to WoW after a long hiatus, the current game design is extraordinarily enjoyable. I think by and large people are still burned out from the second year of Wrath and more content wasn't actually going to fix that regardless of how good the content was.

Bisnic

Gvaz said:
But PVP in this game sucks and heroics are boring/tedious, raiding with bros on vent and vanity items are the only fun things itg.

I was also talking about making alts, seeing the other faction content and what's different, testing all the classes and roles to better understand how they work and to have more fun with a different kind of gameplay. I'm having more fun playing my hunter who is lvl 42 than playing my lvl 85 mage lately because its something new for me. And i still havent seen most of the new Horde quests and story (since my main characters are Alliance), another interesting part still waiting for me.

WoW isn't all about raiding with your main for a lot of people.

Gvaz

Banned
charlequin said:
Nice hat.
First Orc solve, no previous commons. I was like welp, now this is going to make draenei that much harder.

the Use ability is kind of wasted on a shaman though.

Speaking of which, I also got the Vrykul axe, but I can't use it for two more levels.

J-Rzez

charlequin said:
  • The new 80-85 leveling process is arguably less fun than in the previous two expansions, and (more importantly) significantly less fun when you're repeating it on an alt.
  • Gearing up to raid-ready levels is faster than it's been in the past but the actual raid content is harder, so people are smacking into a frustration wall earlier.

Well, overall perhaps the leveling was weaker, despite having some awesome experiences in Uldum/TH, which was vastly overshadowed by Teh_Suck that was Vash. The other two were "OK". But 5 levels impacted this as well. Also, not having a new "continent" was crippling overall I feel.

Raid content is touchy. HMs are can be hard, sometimes overtuned if you're in 10-man for example. The regular stuff, outside of perhaps Nef is easily doable as long as you're with a group of people that are competent to strategies. Overall though, this eludes to two separate issues really: First off, people who are challenged by the more-so strat required fights are frustrated. Secondly, the stagnant state of content has hurt clearing guilds with people not playing much anymore. So effectively the two types of players/guilds are in poor shape right now.

bjb

Banned
Arena as a healer is quite possibly the most repetitive and boring experience I have ever encountered while playing this game.

I do 2's and 3's as a Holy Paladin. Unless the other team is completely awful (which isn't normally the case after the 1900 bracket), and focus my partner, it's essentially me kiting morons around pillars, walls, and boxes while healing myself. Waiting impatiently for my teammates to kill the other healer (or in some rare cases another dps).

So now it's essentially who has the better gear, or the stronger composition. Which to me negates any skill level what-so-ever, as I have limited control as to whether or not I can survive long enough versus say an Unholy Death Knight or Frost Mage. I cannot for the life of me see how any healer thinks this is fun.

/end rant

Time to go Ret.

border

I'm trying to jump back in to WoW after a year's absence. It's pretty daunting, considering how much has changed. Where's a good place to find decent leveling specs and rotations for a particular class?

What's the general consensus on the expansion itself? (Ignoring the raider and PVP-nut angles)

bjb said:
Arena as a healer is quite possibly the most repetitive and boring experience I have ever encountered while playing this game.

I do 2's and 3's as a Holy Paladin. Unless the other team is completely awful (which isn't normally the case after the 1900 bracket), and focus my partner, it's essentially me kiting morons around pillars, walls, and boxes while healing myself. Waiting impatiently for my teammates to kill the other healer (or in some rare cases another dps).

So now it's essentially who has the better gear, or the stronger composition. Which to me negates any skill level what-so-ever, as I have limited control as to whether or not I can survive long enough versus say an Unholy Death Knight or Frost Mage. I cannot for the life of me see how any healer thinks this is fun.

/end rant

Time to go Ret.

1800-2100 is MMR hell. I could see why you would be frustrated with it.

border said:
I'm trying to jump back in to WoW after a year's absence. It's pretty daunting, considering how much has changed. Where's a good place to find decent leveling specs and rotations for a particular class?

What's the general consensus on the expansion itself? (Ignoring the raider and PVP-nut angles)

There's other shit to do? But yeah seems like making alts and leveling is all much more fun now.

TheExodu5

Banned
Annoying issue with WoW now...if I go into the game and alt-tab out, it resets my Windows mouse sensitivity to 9 bars, when I normally set it at 3. The fuck...

man of science

Neo Member
So I recently started playing again and picked up my Druid at 60 and quested up through Hyjal at level 82.

Decided to start a priest and I'm at level 57 in Blasted lands already, however I'm NOT looking forward to doing 60-70 again. Especially HF and ZM. Is the dungeon finder even an alternative at this point? (Playing a priest, don't mind healing at all.). What about archaeology? Or is that just something to do while waiting in a queue?

Really I only need something to get me to Blade's Edge or Shadowmoon since I skipped those on my Druid.

It's a shame because I've had such a blast questing the new 1-57, but it just makes the BC content look even worse by comparison.

Bisnic

man of science said:
So I recently started playing again and picked up my Druid at 60 and quested up through Hyjal at level 82.

Decided to start a priest and I'm at level 57 in Blasted lands already, however I'm NOT looking forward to doing 60-70 again. Especially HF and ZM. Is the dungeon finder even an alternative at this point? (Playing a priest, don't mind healing at all.). What about archaeology? Or is that just something to do while waiting in a queue?

Really I only need something to get me to Blade's Edge or Shadowmoon since I skipped those on my Druid.

It's a shame because I've had such a blast questing the new 1-57, but it just makes the BC content look even worse by comparison.

Healing queues are pretty fast and i'd say it can be a good alternative. More fun than doing the same quests all over again. Just hope you don't deal with too many noobs DK tanks in Outlands ha.

And archaeology is a profession where you NEED the fastest speed for flying mounts if you want to get stuff at a decent speed, otherwise it's not worth it.

Bisnic

More PTR changes for the 5 mans. Lots of nerfs. Sure is going to make some people cry like always.

But at this point, i'm ready to take anything so that our 30 mins DPS wait turns back into 10 or 15. Although, even with the previous nerfs, it didnt chance anything in the queue time...

Manus

I don't mind the 30 minute wait on my main because I can usually get most of my dailies done before it pops and I only do one heroic a day for the VP. Now on my alts, it would be great since I'm still grinding some heroic gear.

Thoraxes

So, every time I have to go to work (my last attempt of the night), my raid downs big bosses. Also me leaving is detrimental, because i'm a main raid tank.

So far it's been true for Nefarion, Al'akir, Cho'gall, and any heroic mode bosses we've done.
Tonight Chimeron was the victim of this awesome power I have.

Also, fun fight on heroic! The last million HP seemed to take 5 hours to finish and I was scared shit-less.

So, sinestra is a tremendous pain in the ass. This is the second week we've attempted her. Last week was only 2-3 attempts, but tonight we put in a good 2hrs on her. Our best attempt was just 43%. As a healer, sinestra has the single worst spell ever...Wrack.

I really fear for our sanity. I hope our Sunday raid goes better, but it looks like we are still a lockout or 2 away from getting our kill.

so, im starting wow again. the first time, i played it alone so i wasnt able to learn it well. since im in gaf now, i thought i'd start again and maybe someone can help me along the way. i got to level 30 something last time. i KINDA knew what to do. but i'd like to expand my knowledge on it some more. sooo. which server for horde? =D

Hixx

So the latest PTR notes brings some rather large heroic nerfs + BoA is now Bind on Battle.net account + honour gain is doubled. Two nice things but were the heroics really in need of being nerfed again??

C.Dark.DN

Banned
So, the Elitist Jerks info on DK gemming is bugging me:

Matron Heartless, Consider's sucessor, says "Always defer to the Red gem unless the socket bonus would provide 20+ Strength or a high value of an important secondary (i.e. 40 Haste)." in his/her 4.0.6 guide.

Consider says "You only bother to use orange/purple gems if the socket bonus is 20 strength, 40 of any secondary stat, or anything higher than that for one yellow/blue slot, and 30 strength for two. Otherwise, simply go straight strength all the way." in his 4.0.6 guide.

First, I don't see anything in the game with +30 strength or +40 secondary for one or two yellow or blue gems....

Second, they seem to contradict eachother on the numbe of blue and yellow gems for 20+ strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom