• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Sebulon3k said:
Re-asking on new page.

Start by getting PVP gear from Honor points, which you easily get through battlegrounds or Tol Barads(Press H to join the queues). There is also some beginner PVP gear usually sold on the AH which could make the battlegrounds a little more enjoyable than with PVE gear.

As for arenas themselves, i can't really tell you how it works, i never cared for that.

GLopez12

Neo Member
Starter tips for PVP:

1. Get the Honor gear from battlegrounds and Tol Barad.

2. Bind all your buttons and learn to turn the camera with your mouse.

3. Find good specs and gear set-ups. You can look through a variety of specs and gear set-ups by checking out top-rated players on the Arena Junkies ladder: http://www.arenajunkies.com/rankings/player/.

4. Feel free to ask on the Arena Junkies Ask a Gladiator forum for any tips: http://www.arenajunkies.com/forum/8-ask-a-gladiator/.

That's pretty much it. I can also help you out with some more specific things if you send me a PM.

etiolate

Banned
GLopez12 said:
Starter tips for PVP:

2. Bind all your buttons and learn to turn the camera with your mouse.

This doesn't really work for Shamans and I don't find relying on kb binds to help all that much as a caster, and certainly not as a healer. A HBot interface is much nicer. Mouse movement and KB binds seem to be a melee thing.

etiolate said:
Mouse movement and KB binds seem to be a melee thing.

facepalm.jpg

PatzCU

etiolate said:
This doesn't really work for Shamans and I don't find relying on kb binds to help all that much as a caster, and certainly not as a healer. A HBot interface is much nicer. Mouse movement and KB binds seem to be a melee thing.

etiolate, master of the 1100 arena bracket.

GLopez12

Neo Member
etiolate said:
That is absolutely not true at all. There is not a single healer above 2600 rating that would give this kind of advice. All of my teammates have all of their stuff bound and they turn with their cameras.

Alex

etiolate said:

What the fuck

Swag

etiolate said:
April Fools!

I Hope

Trasher

Angry Grimace said:
shamans don't need keybinds. Or to move. Everyone knows this, come on.
*reminisces back to the level 70 days when all you did was bind Chain Heal to every key, and then you just rolled your face on the keyboard*

Trasher said:
*reminisces back to the level 70 days when all you did was bind Chain Heal to every key, and then you just rolled your face on the keyboard*

Yo! That was all I pretty much had to do in Wrath too! Throw in a riptide here and there and you're good!

Granted, I had a relatively limited experience doing so. but still. Especially in 25 mans.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
How do you guys go about figuring out BIS for your toon? Maxdps.com and askmrrobot.com individual rankings don't match up.

Even tho it bugs me, I guess it doesn't matter since I need to figure out the best 346 upgrade in consideration to all my other gear and reforge potential anyway.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Alex said:
Usually EJ has pretty good lists for BiS stuff still
Well, I mean BIS in consideration of equipped gear and reforge potential. I'm looking at multiple 346 weapon, ring, and trink combinations.

DeathNote said:
Well, I mean BIS in consideration of equipped gear and reforge potential. I'm looking at multiple 346 weapon, ring, and trink combinations.

When it's like that, usually I start to do the math myself.

Although Rawr has been buggy for me in the past, it would probably be the tool I would use for this kind of calculation if I wanted a more automated solution.

ch0mp

DeathNote said:

To compare different setups I started using simcraft. Chardev for the altered profile and just import your current one from b.net. It doesn't take long to try out different combinations.

Burger

I've got 2 World of Warcraft Guest Passes which allow free play for 10 days. If you want one PM me for the code. First come first served.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
ch0mp said:
To compare different setups I started using simcraft. Chardev for the altered profile and just import your current one from b.net. It doesn't take long to try out different combinations.
Edit: Never mind, had to sign up for Chardev to import.

Not sure what settings under Options I should do tho. If I leave everything default, should I get a good enough comparison?

Rawr was extremely laggy.

Entropia

No One Remembers
ToyMachine228 said:
HAY BLIZZ. STOP WASTING TIME ON APRIL FOOLS JOKES AND GIVE US A FIRELANDS PREVIEW LOLOL.

Yeah!! The time they spent/wasted on this April Fool's stuff could've went to real development of real content and not this recycled content!!!

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm not sure if you guys are serious, but the people who did the April Fool have probably nothing to do with the guys making the actual real content.

Bisnic said:
I'm not sure if you guys are serious, but the people who did the April Fool have probably nothing to do with the guys making the actual real content.

No, not really. That's why I typed in all caps and misspelled "hey". Although I sure would rather see a Firelands preview. Haha.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Tamanon said:
WOW KILLER

Next up in the pipe: TOR
I tried out Rift and immediately regretted not waiting for a trial. It's just not as fun.

Tamanon said:
WOW KILLER

Next up in the pipe: TOR

I would have preferred a KotOR 3, but I suppose it would have competed with Mass Effect too much.

I'm really not impressed with what I've seen of TOR. It seemed to start out well, but what I've seen of it most recently (of the actual gameplay, not the story parts) is WoW with a Star Wars skin + a cover mechanic.

Tamanon

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
I tried out Rift and immediately regretted not waiting for a trial. It's just not as fun.

I've given up even trying to find a different MMO now, I play casually and WoW provides all I really need. I tried Champions and Aion, just was a waste of money for me.

Any good sites to sell WoW accounts? I've sold 4 on Playerauctions but they take a pretty big cut and it takes about a week for the money to hit my paypal. I miss when eBay let accounts be sold =(

IsayFever

Saren is Bad said:
Any good sites to sell WoW accounts? I've sold 4 on Playerauctions but they take a pretty big cut and it takes about a week for the money to hit my paypal. I miss when eBay let accounts be sold =(

Is such a thing still doable? What with bnet integration

Saren is Bad said:

While I don't exactly condone selling accounts (although buying them is much, much dumber), I've seen a lot on craigslist.

DeathNote said:
What valor item should I buy first as a DK?

Probably tier? Mine's still 83 but set bonuses are usually pretty good. Otherwise anything else that's well itemized (str, haste, hit).

IsayFever said:
Is such a thing still doable? What with bnet integration

I mean you just give them the password, email, etc. Only have WoW on my Bnet. As for craigslist, the trick is that a lot of scammers can give you money via Paypal and then dispute the payment immediately after you give them the information, and they get the money back. So you have to use a site like Playerauctions because they act as an intermediary. Just wondering if there is a better site.

DeathNote said:
What valor item should I buy first as a DK?

I think I went for relic first, which is kind of a habit of mine going back to when relics had procs and it was more important. The thing about relics is that there is no alternative and you aren't going to replace it until the next tier, so it's a solid purchase.

However, I'm pretty sure the second thing I bought was the chest, if you want something that is a bigger overall stat upgrade.

Morn

Banned
Doing Heroic SFK right now and so far FIVE healers have bailed in the middle of the Baron Ashbury pull. FUCKING SHIT. They need to ban people who do that.

Culex

Banned
Morn said:
Doing Heroic SFK right now and so far FIVE healers have bailed in the middle of the Baron Ashbury pull. FUCKING SHIT. They need to ban people who do that.

Really? That fight is incredibly easy to heal on heroic. Jeeze, i usually don't even use all my cooldowns on him....they must have been terrible healers.

Swag

Morn said:
I don't blame them, as a healer I always bail when I get SFK, Deadmines or Grim Batol depending on the tanks. They take forever to complete because the mechanics actually require people to think past doing their rotation.

Also there isn't any incentive to stick around if the group sucks, compared to places like Vortex Pinnacle or Stonecore, where there is a chance for a mount drop. I can't stand groups with people doing like 7k DPS, I can pull more in my Disc gear as Shadow.

etiolate

Banned
ITT: I blow people's mind when I remind them they are living off of assumptions.

Best healer I knew didn't use keybinds, which blew everyones mind when he posted his FRAP. What is best is what you play best with. I wouldn't want to try to totem juggle as an Ele shammy with keybinds. I think people just have this warped mentality that expert play should involve getting carpal tunnel. But it's wow, perceptions are warped already.

etiolate said:
ITT: I blow people's mind when I remind them they are living off of assumptions.

Best healer I knew didn't use keybinds, which blew everyones mind when he posted his FRAP. What is best is what you play best with. I wouldn't want to try to totem juggle as an Ele shammy with keybinds. I think people just have this warped mentality that expert play should involve getting carpal tunnel. But it's wow, perceptions are warped already.

Who?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom