• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
charlequin said:
I think it's worth being precise with language and not saying things like MOUSE BUTTONS ARE KEYS IT'S ALL THE SAME THING. Keybinding and mousebinding are pretty different strategies for healing and both quite distinct from the bad behaviors you want to criticize (like clicking hotbar buttons), which is the entire reason precise language is valuable in the first place! (I already covered why click-casting and click-targeting were bad in that post and you just ignored that to make this silly argument, which is the only reason I'm making such a big point of arguing with you; if you had just nodded in agreement or something we could have moved on to collectively bitching about some other ephemeral and unimportant complaint by now.)

Like wonderdung mentioned, the way you set both of them up is pretty different. If you're using keybinds for your heals but you're click targeting, you're still wasting precious time between your target and cast (which is why you should be using mouseover targeting instead) whereas with a mouse you're obviously going to be clicking to cast. Especially if you're using a bunch of modifier keys on a standard three-button mouse what you actually wind up with is going to be pretty different from most keyboard strategies (and affect how you move while casting, etc. etc.)

I mean, I'm not saying etiolate wasn't behind his own complete disastrous communications breakdown to start this whole ridiculous discussion in the first place, but sheesh.
The problem is that I'm pointing out the confusion was created by etiolate allowing everyone to think that he was just clicking on the spells on his bars. It's not really any less efficient to bind them to mouse keys than buttons depending on ability.

My current setup is 1-5 are bound to my "main" abilities, 1-12 on the Naga are abilities I use frequently (including any CDs) and shift + 1-12 are abilities I rarely use, but might want (i.e. healthstone)

I still click to mount.

TheYanger

charlequin said:
I think it's worth being precise with language and not saying things like MOUSE BUTTONS ARE KEYS IT'S ALL THE SAME THING. Keybinding and mousebinding are pretty different strategies for healing and both quite distinct from the bad behaviors you want to criticize (like clicking hotbar buttons), which is the entire reason precise language is valuable in the first place! (I already covered why click-casting and click-targeting were bad in that post and you just ignored that to make this silly argument, which is the only reason I'm making such a big point of arguing with you; if you had just nodded in agreement or something we could have moved on to collectively bitching about some other ephemeral and unimportant complaint by now.)

Like wonderdung mentioned, the way you set both of them up is pretty different. If you're using keybinds for your heals but you're click targeting, you're still wasting precious time between your target and cast (which is why you should be using mouseover targeting instead) whereas with a mouse you're obviously going to be clicking to cast. Especially if you're using a bunch of modifier keys on a standard three-button mouse what you actually wind up with is going to be pretty different from most keyboard strategies (and affect how you move while casting, etc. etc.)

I mean, I'm not saying etiolate wasn't behind his own complete disastrous communications breakdown to start this whole ridiculous discussion in the first place, but sheesh.

They're not actually different at all, that's the entire point. Using a 'clique' type functionality is not remotely different than using a hotkey, people who use hotkeys don't tend to click on the target frame either, if they do you're absolutely correct that they're slightly inefficient, but all a clique/healbot bind is is a mouseover macro, which is what the vast majority of healers use anyway. 100% the same, purely preference as to what it's bound to.

It seems like diverging views on the same subject have found their common ground, at least. At this point it's just splitting hairs/small potatoes.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I simply can't fathom how 4.1 wasn't out 3 weeks ago.

Alex

They keep adding stuff to it and it's very buggy at the moment, it's annoying, I want my damn class changes and I want to take my alt through ZA/ZG.

Prediction: April 19th.

Angry Grimace

Alex said:
They keep adding stuff to it and it's very buggy at the moment, it's annoying, I want my damn class changes and I want to take my alt through ZA/ZG.
Why would it be buggy. They didn't even change all that much.

Alex

Angry Grimace said:
Why would it be buggy. They didn't even change all that much.

To be fair hose notes are pretty ginormous at this point and there's a lot of moving parts that were tweaked, I suppose. There's lots of bugs though on the PTR and the last update introduced even more without fixing some of the bigger ones. DK Runes still don't work, interrupts are putting on 2 minute lock outs on everyone, parties randomly disband, etc, etc.

Random tweaks can cause bugs on anything, I suppose, a while back one of the QA guys mentioned this, and gave an example that fixing something in Westfall completely broke the Illidan encounter. Goofy.

Anyhow, this is why I was bitching before, because they keep piling it (Guild Challenges and Same-Faction Rated BGs being the latest two offenders) on without fixing the bugs and just getting the damn build out. They're supposed to patch faster, so patch faster! I dont' care if there's a 4.1.6 between this and 4.2 or whatever, I just want the updates to come at a more reasonable pace.

It's so lousy getting an update to your class or an item or an encounter or a bit of new content you're interested in and it's stuck on the PTR for two fucking months.

GLopez12

Neo Member
I honestly feel like Blizzard is seriously exposing itself to losing customers to Rift. There hasn't been a content update in four months, and Trion is already preparing another content patch for Rift in the next few weeks.

Like, what the hell is taking so long to get an update out?

The excuse that they're waiting for people to clear the current content isn't legit, either. First of all, this PTR build is being delayed to huge bugs and nothing else. Second of all, even if people haven't cleared all the heroic raids, they don't want to do the same raid for three months straight without anything fresh.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
GLopez12 said:
I honestly feel like Blizzard is seriously exposing itself to losing customers to Rift. There hasn't been a content update in four months, and Trion is already preparing another content patch for Rift in the next few weeks.

Like, what the hell is taking so long to get an update out?

The excuse that they're waiting for people to clear the current content isn't legit, either. First of all, this PTR build is being delayed to huge bugs and nothing else. Second of all, even if people haven't cleared all the heroic raids, they don't want to do the same raid for three months straight without anything fresh.

May i remind you that we were doing Naxx for nearly 5-6-7 months before Ulduar came out? And that shit was way easier and way less original than what we currently have. It's not like this is anything new. Although Firelands is still not coming with 4.1 and we have no idea how "soon" 4.2 will come out after this. Hopefully 4.2 is only about the Firelands raid and daily quests zone and not more special features or class balances to delay that patch for weeks.

Angry Grimace

Bisnic said:
May i remind you that we were doing Naxx for nearly 5-6-7 months before Ulduar came out? And that shit was way easier and way less original than what we currently have. It's not like this is anything new. Although Firelands is still not coming with 4.1 and we have no idea how "soon" 4.2 will come out after this. Hopefully 4.2 is only about the Firelands raid and daily quests zone and not more special features or class balances to delay that patch for weeks.
Ulduar came out the first week of April, and WLK launched in early November. The difference was that it took significantly longer to hit 80 than 85, plus 3.1 had a 14 boss raid zone (also, the best raid ever) and 4.1 doesn't, and even 4.2 only has a 7 boss zone.

Angry Grimace said:
Ulduar came out the first week of April, and WLK launched in early November. The difference was that it took significantly longer to hit 80 than 85, plus 3.1 had a 14 boss raid zone (also, the best raid ever) and 4.1 doesn't, and even 4.2 only has a 7 boss zone.

What about the fact that WOTLK came out with only 2(3/4 depending on how you look at it) new raid bosses?

Angry Grimace

cuevas said:
What about the fact that WOTLK came out with only 2(3/4 depending on how you look at it) new raid bosses?
Nobody looked at it that way, other than an extreme minority of players. Naxxramas is the most excusable "recycled" content ever. Virtually nobody had ever even done it.

Naxxramas might as well have been new content at the time it was redone. It also was very fun (if easy).

GLopez12

Neo Member
Yeah, the thing is that 4.1 doesn't even have that much content. I thought the whole point of smaller patches was smaller content.

Blizzard is legitimately dropping the ball here. Now that they have real competition, it might be pretty bad to do that.

TheYanger

plenty of people had done at least parts of Naxx. LOTS of people did it during BC as well, it was lazy recycled content, and it was so easy that even awful guilds were farming it the first month. It definitely stuck around far longer than this stuff did relative to actually 'finishing' the content. It had no heroic mode, so most of us were just doing immortal runs on Tuesday and then jerking off for the rest of the week. That was way worse than this. This is still pretty absurd, but the amount of people 'done' with the content is VERY low all things considered.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Bisnic said:
May i remind you that we were doing Naxx for nearly 5-6-7 months before Ulduar came out?
Somehow I doubt the Firelands will come in being anywhere near as big as Ulduar.

Swag

TheYanger said:
plenty of people had done at least parts of Naxx. LOTS of people did it during BC as well, it was lazy recycled content, and it was so easy that even awful guilds were farming it the first month. It definitely stuck around far longer than this stuff did relative to actually 'finishing' the content. It had no heroic mode, so most of us were just doing immortal runs on Tuesday and then jerking off for the rest of the week. That was way worse than this. This is still pretty absurd, but the amount of people 'done' with the content is VERY low all things considered.
Holy shit this, it's funny seeing the complete polar opposite opinions in game compared to on GAF, if anything compared to when I didn't play Cata seriously to actually raiding now, I've seen an increase in participation / guilds recruiting, could be considered a little anecdotal because it's mostly derived from the insane number of guilds advertising for raid spots in trade. Being in a guild that hasn't gotten to Sinestra yet, I don't mind the fact that 4.2 will probably be released in Late May / Early June, just gives me more time to get to it before it becomes old news and people aren't interested in doing it anymore, which I'm guessing are the same sentiments for a lot of guilds that don't fall into the hardcore percentile.

Big dreams on downing Sinestra before 4.2 :lol

I'm seriously burned down and very close to quitting. Haven't been raiding much lately, some progression raids going, half of stuff down almost in hc mode but still, very bored of it all, same things over and over for months now. Got over a month time left, paid 15k gold for it so no money lost. Maybe next patch I'll play more, wish there was another mmo to play now :/
Just feel bad about going inactive in guild because I fear I won't be able to raid once I come back, and leaving them without only DK(tho not used in progression) and extra rogue. But then again things haven't been that perfect and not feeling comfortable there hmm..

Sorry, went livejournal again, maybe I should open it to whine about stuff after all :p

Angry Grimace said:
The problem is that I'm pointing out the confusion was created by etiolate allowing everyone to think that he was just clicking on the spells on his bars.

Yes, you're right.

I still click to mount.

I actually click to Bloodlust too. It's pretty much never a surprise when I'm going to do it and that way I'm never that guy who hits the wrong key and randomly lusts with 3% to go on Lady Nazjatar or something. (And I'm still clicking my pots although that I really need to fix.)

Naxxramas is the most excusable "recycled" content ever.

I think that's true, but it's still a major factor in why Ulduar was so awesome: I'm certain the Naxx conversion took an extremely tiny amount of time and they were already well into development of Ulduar months before the expansion even shipped. When you get down to it Wrath was out for two years and although it had a large amount of raid content it only had two new raid dungeons in that whole time: the dragon sanctums were guys-in-a-room, ToC was a long sequence of guys-in-a-room, Onyxia was a recycled guy-in-a-room, and Naxx was a recycled dungeon with no real mechanical tweaks. Pretty much all the raid development love for the entire expansion was poured into Ulduar and ICC.

Alex said:
Anyhow, this is why I was bitching before, because they keep piling it (Guild Challenges and Same-Faction Rated BGs being the latest two offenders) on without fixing the bugs and just getting the damn build out.

Right. They have absolutely the right idea: smaller iterative patches with fewer moving parts so they can get things out to the player base faster. The problem is that they just don't have the actual development infrastructure for it.

Complaining about this like it's Blizzard being "lazy" or "cheap" is pretty silly because it's not like anyone in Irvine is sitting there going "man we're so awesome, we can take seven months to make a patch and no one even cares, where are my deal-with-it shades." The reason Trion is doing so well at this is that unlike literally every other AAA MMO team in history, they built their technology and their development team structure from day one around early stability, incremental patching, and rapid content turnaround -- which in turn is why they had a relatively smooth launch, and why they've been able to deliver new content patches quickly.

Blizzard really needs to change their actual process if they want to patch faster. They need to have separate teams working on multiple patches at once; they need to firmly define a scope for each patch and not let it creep no matter what; they need to have 100% PTR uptime with each new patch hitting it the moment the last patch goes up. Theoretically they should be able to patch every two to four weeks: a balance/itemization patch one time, then a new UI feature patch two weeks later, then a four-week cycle just for new content (added dungeons), then right back to two more weeks for the next batch of quality-of-life improvements, etc.

Personally I don't care about the Firelands at all but I'm getting pretty cranky about 4.1; being able to run 140 VP dungeons (and being able to do multiple dungeons in a day) would be a dramatically better fit for my lifestyle.

Angry Grimace

TheYanger said:
Blizzard's numbers are better than your complete conjecture. They kept actual statistics on the numbers of people that played in Naxx; you're just throwing out a guess at how many people ran it. Sorry.

charlequin said:
Yes, you're right.

I actually click to Bloodlust too. It's pretty much never a surprise when I'm going to do it and that way I'm never that guy who hits the wrong key and randomly lusts with 3% to go on Lady Nazjatar or something. (And I'm still clicking my pots although that I really need to fix.)

I think that's true, but it's still a major factor in why Ulduar was so awesome: I'm certain the Naxx conversion took an extremely tiny amount of time and they were already well into development of Ulduar months before the expansion even shipped. When you get down to it Wrath was out for two years and although it had a large amount of raid content it only had two new raid dungeons in that whole time: the dragon sanctums were guys-in-a-room, ToC was a long sequence of guys-in-a-room, Onyxia was a recycled guy-in-a-room, and Naxx was a recycled dungeon with no real mechanical tweaks. Pretty much all the raid development love for the entire expansion was poured into Ulduar and ICC.

Right. They have absolutely the right idea: smaller iterative patches with fewer moving parts so they can get things out to the player base faster. The problem is that they just don't have the actual development infrastructure for it.

Complaining about this like it's Blizzard being "lazy" or "cheap" is pretty silly because it's not like anyone in Irvine is sitting there going "man we're so awesome, we can take seven months to make a patch and no one even cares, where are my deal-with-it shades." The reason Trion is doing so well at this is that unlike literally every other AAA MMO team in history, they built their technology and their development team structure from day one around early stability, incremental patching, and rapid content turnaround -- which in turn is why they had a relatively smooth launch, and why they've been able to deliver new content patches quickly.

Blizzard really needs to change their actual process if they want to patch faster. They need to have separate teams working on multiple patches at once; they need to firmly define a scope for each patch and not let it creep no matter what; they need to have 100% PTR uptime with each new patch hitting it the moment the last patch goes up. Theoretically they should be able to patch every two to four weeks: a balance/itemization patch one time, then a new UI feature patch two weeks later, then a four-week cycle just for new content (added dungeons), then right back to two more weeks for the next batch of quality-of-life improvements, etc.

Personally I don't care about the Firelands at all but I'm getting pretty cranky about 4.1; being able to run 140 VP dungeons (and being able to do multiple dungeons in a day) would be a dramatically better fit for my lifestyle.
I'm concerned I'm going to want to kill myself running ZG and ZA 7 times in a row. Given that the reward in VP is double what everything else is, there's no incentive to run the other ones even if you don't need anything from ZG/ZA.

Sebulon3k said:
Holy shit this, it's funny seeing the complete polar opposite opinions in game compared to on GAF, if anything compared to when I didn't play Cata seriously to actually raiding now, I've seen an increase in participation / guilds recruiting, could be considered a little anecdotal because it's mostly derived from the insane number of guilds advertising for raid spots in trade.

If I had to guess, Cataclysm is much more brutal on really hardcore dedicated players than any previous expansion:

• Came after almost a year of Wrath fatigue
  • Difficulty jump from dungeons to raids is big, jump from normals to hardmodes is even bigger
  • Inability to gear in 25s and then slum it in 10s makes it harder to carry guildmates or cash out on GDKPs
  • 80-85 grind makes leveling your stable of nine level-80 alts less appealing as a downtime activity than it was in Wrath
  • Fewer really intricate wheel-within-wheel daily quest grinds (e.g. no new Argent Tournament) means there's no reason to log in every day and push the buttons for a fish biscuit

But I think there are a lot of medium-dedication players who are doing very well with it: easier to gear up, way more new stuff to do on lower-level alts, more flexibility with raid comp/size for people who can't get 25 people together on a locked schedule. My server is in the butt-ass end of nowhere with a huge faction imbalance and pretty poor Horde progression (only one guild is in heroics, and they're 2/13H) but there are still tons and tons of guilds with a few normal-mode bosses down recruiting to fill slots or to build up a pool.

Angry Grimace

charlequin said:
If I had to guess, Cataclysm is much more brutal on really hardcore dedicated players than any previous expansion:

• Came after almost a year of Wrath fatigue
  • Difficulty jump from dungeons to raids is big, jump from normals to hardmodes is even bigger
  • Inability to gear in 25s and then slum it in 10s makes it harder to carry guildmates or cash out on GDKPs
  • 80-85 grind makes leveling your stable of nine level-80 alts less appealing as a downtime activity than it was in Wrath
  • Fewer really intricate wheel-within-wheel daily quest grinds (e.g. no new Argent Tournament) means there's no reason to log in every day and push the buttons for a fish biscuit

But I think there are a lot of medium-dedication players who are doing very well with it: easier to gear up, way more new stuff to do on lower-level alts, more flexibility with raid comp/size for people who can't get 25 people together on a locked schedule. My server is in the butt-ass end of nowhere with a huge faction imbalance and pretty poor Horde progression (only one guild is in heroics, and they're 2/13H) but there are still tons and tons of guilds with a few normal-mode bosses down recruiting to fill slots or to build up a pool.
I haven't logged in and actually played the game in weeks, although I do occasionally log in and just sit around AFK for a bit. I don't really see the point of un-subbing when there will be at least one thing I want to do when 4.1 comes out. It probably doesn't help that I'm right up against finals.

Angry Grimace said:
I'm concerned I'm going to want to kill myself running ZG and ZA 7 times in a row. Given that the reward in VP is double what everything else is, there's no incentive to run the other ones even if you don't need anything from ZG/ZA.

I guess we'll see how I feel about it when it actually drops. I'm honestly expecting it to be an improvement for two reasons:

1. Ability to run through several times consecutively with a guild group or good pug when you all have free time so you can get multiple fail-free runs out of the way in a row
  2. Assuming these two dungeons work out like I expect, zero chance of getting an annoying pain-in-the-ass dungeon like Stonecore to pop

Angry Grimace said:
I don't really see the point of un-subbing when there will be at least one thing I want to do when 4.1 comes out.

This is kind of how I feel too and part of why it confuses me when people are like "I only log in to raid so I'm going to unsub." I have tons of other games to play besides WoW. I'll unsub eventually when I literally have nothing I want to do in the game anymore including play with the people who are in my guild, but I guess it confuses me when people are like "WoW needs to be something I can play for three to five hours each day or I'm quitting."

Ferrio

Banned
I'm plenty burnt out myself, already told guild I'll be stepping out of 10 man raiding and only going with 25 mans within the next couple weeks.

Macattk15

Cancelled my account. Just not having fun anymore. Think I'll be done with MMO's for a while. Valve needs to hurry with DotA2 or Blizz needs to release Diablo 3 to save me.

My guild only killed Cho'gal and was working on Nefarion, but it just isn't worth my time to spend 3 nights a week for 4 hours doing this repeatedly. That and it is baseball season and my greater interests lie there.

ZA/ZG with new boss mechanics doesn't appeal to me in the least. Ran both of those 100s of times back in the day, no thanks.

Wraith

charlequin said:

This reads like an agile(as in the process) sales manual. Totally agree. Given that Trion's Tech PM has "Agile Project Management" as a plus, and that ThoughtWorks has them listed as a client, I'm guessing that they're an agile shop?

HildyB

slightly off topic, is anyone playing WoW on the current gen of MacMini? I'm contemplating getting one, but would like a nice experience.

Macattk15 said:
Cancelled my account. Just not having fun anymore. Think I'll be done with MMO's for a while. Valve needs to hurry with DotA2 or Blizz needs to release Diablo 3 to save me.

Same here. I flamed out last month.

My guild was 7/12 and downing content at a reasonable pace. Then drama hit....had a bunch of people gquit and that night my timecard ran out. I just never went and renewed.

Been buried in SC2 since then.

Wraith said:
This reads like an agile(as in the process) sales manual. Totally agree. Given that Trion's Tech PM has "Agile Project Management" as a plus, and that ThoughtWorks has them listed as a client, I'm guessing that they're an agile shop?

Haha. Yeah, I have no idea if Trion practices something that's technically "agile," but this kind of small-team modular development is pretty much always more effective for game development. Nirolak and I have gone on at length elsewhere about how terrible Square-Enix's waterfall development is and how much better off they'd be with parallel development.

06nbarnhill said:
Same here. I flamed out last month.

I'm noticing more and more people quitting and/or taking breaks. I'm sure it has nothing to do with Firelands being pushed back and people burning out on the current content...

Angry Grimace

Yes. We plan on implementing a system where winning an item via Need (when using the Dungeon Finder Need Before Greed loot system) will make a BoE item soulbound. We hope to have this working for the 4.2 patch.

To expand on that idea in case it’s not obvious, we don’t think players should be able to claim certain loot drops based on their class if their only intent is to sell the item. If you want to use the item yourself, awesome, go ahead and roll Need on it and you’ll get preference over players who can’t use that armor type. But if all you want to do is run to the Auction House, then everyone should have equal dibs.

I hate this idea. Just make it so that everyone can need on them.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Angry Grimace said:
I hate this idea. Just make it so that everyone can need on them.
If you can need on it, it should be soul bound immediately. Primary and secondary equip intent should be greater than AH and Alt intent. If everyone could need, equip intent would equal alt and AH intent. Anyone can say they have an alt when they really want to AH it, so alt and AH should be equal until there's better tracking. Perhaps a way to soul bind it to an 85 of your choosing in the roll UI if a person on their current toon doesn't need it. Then when you log on you get the soul bound item in the mail.

And there needs to be need roll tracking. When 4.1 hits there will surely be enchanters that wear shit gear so they can need on epic gear over and over to disenchant Maelstrom Crystals.

JesseZao

DeathNote said:
If you can need on it, it should be soul bound immediately. Primary and secondary equip intent should be greater than AH and Alt intent. If everyone could need, equip intent would equal alt and AH intent. Anyone can say they have an alt when they really want to AH it, so alt and AH should be equal until there's better tracking. Perhaps a way to soul bind it to an 85 of your choosing in the roll UI if a person on their current toon doesn't need it. Then when you log on you get the soul bound item in the mail.

And there needs to be need roll tracking. When 4.1 hits there will surely be enchanters that wear shit gear so they can need on epic gear over and over to disenchant Maelstrom Crystals.

Would be nice if there was just some system to tally unneeded gear and then just pass out shards at the end. Some sort of automated Loot Master. Make it so the enchanter (or other people for that matter) can't need on item IDs they've already won another time and sharded/vendored.

Swag

DeathNote said:
As terrible a practice as this is, that idea is brilliant.

Tamanon said:
It was my understanding that Blizzard actually does have separate teams working on multiple patches.

I'm certain they have people who are developing the Firelands even while this 4.1 stuff is going on, but it's a far cry from having five or six distinct, siloed patch contents under development at once so they can roll out new content every couple weeks.

ToyMachine228 said:
I'm noticing more and more people quitting and/or taking breaks. I'm sure it has nothing to do with Firelands being pushed back and people burning out on the current content...

Well, I mean, like I've said before, there's always people who quit every expansion because they're impatient for new content patches, but given how many raiders haven't finished the current content and how comparable the current wait time is to previous raid patches I think it makes much more sense to blame other factors rather than purely the slowness of content release.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Razer Naga questions. Do you see a small bubble on the west and south location of the sensor? Just trying to figure out if mine is defective.

JesseZao said:
Would be nice if there was just some system to tally unneeded gear and then just pass out shards at the end. Some sort of automated Loot Master. Make it so the enchanter (or other people for that matter) can't need on item IDs they've already won another time and sharded/vendored.
They dump what you win on wowarmory, seems like they could filter.

DeathNote said:
Razer Naga questions. Do you see a small bubble on the west and south location of the sensor? Just trying to figure out if mine is defective.

The Naga should have came with a yellow sticker pad filled with the bubbles. You place them on manually and there's a guide that shows their recommended spots for them.

EDIT: Scratch that, I'm thinking of the number pad stuff.

ToyMachine228 said:

I've essentially quit for the moment (though I will play during Children's Week as that's the last holiday needed for the meta on my main).

Maybe I would have tired of content if I had been playing the past 6 weeks, but parting with a guild just kicks the will to play out of me for awhile, even leaving in a better position (in terms of gear/boss kills) than when I entered - sure It's easiest to move onto another guild right after you leave one, but I never have the motivation to do so.

Without being tied down to a serious guild (and no comparable options for me without a server transfer), I have no incentive to play, at least not until 4.1 to check out the content there. I may go after a more focused raid environment again with 4.2, lacking some gear/experience from 4.1 content, but I may not.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
HarryDemeanor said:
The Naga should have came with a yellow sticker pad filled with the bubbles. You place them on manually and there's a guide that shows their recommended spots for them.

EDIT: Scratch that, I'm thinking of the number pad stuff.
Haha.

When I look at the sensor itself I see two bubbles in the West and South location inside the sesnor. Just wondering if anyone else sees them.

As a person who knows nothing about mouse senors, it just seems like it could range from normal to a defect.

charlequin said:
Well, I mean, like I've said before, there's always people who quit every expansion because they're impatient for new content patches, but given how many raiders haven't finished the current content and how comparable the current wait time is to previous raid patches I think it makes much more sense to blame other factors rather than purely the slowness of content release.

I still think this argument utterly fails. People forget just how casual the majority of the WoW community is. Did we all forget that 99% of the population never saw Illidan during Burning Crusade? Most guilds will never see Sinestra while it's still relevant, or kill half the heroic encounters, for a number of reasons. You can fault the players, but it's Blizzard's job to keep their base entertained. And if 90% of the population isn't entertained by heroic encounters, Blizzard needs to change their strategy for the sake of keeping their customers happy.

DeathNote said:
Haha.

When I look at the sensor itself I see two bubbles in the West and South location inside the sesnor. Just wondering if anyone else sees them.

As a person who knows nothing about mouse senors, it just seems like it could range from normal to a defect.

I have a Razer Imperator and it also has a "bubble" inside of the sensor. I'm going to guess it's normal for laser sensors to have one as I'm not experiencing any trouble.

charlequin said:

I think that people are more willing to quit when the going gets tough than ever because of the ridiculous ease of jumping on and off raiding whenever you wish. In Vanilla and BC, people were less likely to leave because:
  1. Guilds seemed to view quitting in a much more negative light.
  2. If you were behind in gear and didn't have people willing to catch you up, you had to play the stepping stone game to get back up to current content.

In Wrath, you could (and I did) quit raiding whenever you wanted, and join back up at the release of a new content patch with ease (many times in the same guild if it still existed). People have gotten used to that being the norm I guess.

Either way, I quit about 2 weeks ago after a few weeks of absolutely dreading most raid nights. I can't blame it on Firelands delay or the quality of the content, but the Firelands delay news certainly didn't help my building apathy and the quality of the content was mediocre at best. Personally, I'd say my time playing WoW in any serious capacity (i.e. not just logging on consistently for a week or two to play/gear an alt in heroics) is done. I'd guess that a lot of other people are reaching that point as well.

ToyMachine228 said:
I still think this argument utterly fails. People forget just how casual the majority of the WoW community is. Did we all forget that 99% of the population never saw Illidan during Burning Crusade? Most guilds will never see Sinestra while it's still relevant, or kill half the heroic encounters, for a number of reasons. You can fault the players, but it's Blizzard's job to keep their base entertained. And if 90% of the population isn't entertained by heroic encounters, Blizzard needs to change their strategy for the sake of keeping their customers happy.

I'm not completely decided on this yet, but after Cata's first tier of content I'm not against the idea of making very approachable normal mode content and significantly more difficult heroic content. I'm to the point where I don't care for heroic modes at all, and I don't want to feel like it is the next step after killing Nef, Rags, etc. There should be a clear line drawn between guilds that do normal and guilds that do heroic. That, of course, requires faster content and all the caveats therein. I used to be totally against this sort of thing, but I just don't have the patience for any of this anymore.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
HarryDemeanor said:
I have a Razer Imperator and it also has a "bubble" inside of the sensor. I'm going to guess it's normal for laser sensors to have one as I'm not experiencing any trouble.
Seems like the Imperator and Naga have a "Phillip Twin-Eye" that has complaints. Do you notice erratic behavior?

DeathNote said:
Seems like the Imperator and Naga have a "Phillip Twin-Eye" that has complaints. Do you notice erratic behavior?

I have the occassional pointer jump when I lift up the mouse but it doesn't happen that often after a firmware upgrade. Only problem I'm really having trouble with is that my mouse is starting to double-click randomly.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
HarryDemeanor said:
I have the occassional pointer jump when I lift up the mouse but it doesn't happen that often after a firmware upgrade. Only problem I'm really having trouble with is that my mouse is starting to double-click randomly.
People seem the label the lift up issue as the "z-axis issue". Mine does that, but it's not what's bugging me. I was reading through some emails I sent razer in January before I put it on the closet and it says "With the settings (1000DPI, 5 acceleration, 500HZ) I notice a stair case pattern when dragging the mouse. Turning off acceleration seems to fix it but I still notice a general jumpyness"

Angry Grimace

I don't even get why they keep wands and relics in the game.

If they're going to be in the game at all, they should just have a single stat or something (i.e. mastery, or armor, or something). Otherwise they aren't really any different than rings.

Swag

Angry Grimace said:
What would Priests Mages and Warlocks use as a ranged physical attack when OOM if they took out Wands!?

Angry Grimace said:

If they're going to be in the game at all, they should just have a single stat or something (i.e. mastery, or armor, or something). Otherwise they aren't really any different than rings.

You have to have something in the slot mainly to balance the classes that can use ranged weapons. The primary culprit here is hunters. Unless they did something with how hunters use melee weapons as comparable to relics, then I don't know what else you would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom