• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapstah

75942542148.jpg
75942549012.jpg

How is a non-rotten white, human corpse better than a skeleton? I know this is how the entire Undead race looks in the Chinese client, but seriously.

Hixx

Yeah some of the chinese censorship is odd.

Although the decapitated abomination being turned into a scarecrow is great :lol

WORLD OF WARCRAFT®: CATACLYSM™ COLLECTOR'S EDITION ANNOUNCED

IRVINE, Calif – Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. today announced plans for a limited-release Collector's Edition of World of Warcraft®: Cataclysm™, the third expansion for the world's most popular subscription-based massively multiplayer online role-playing game,* World of Warcraft. The special Collector's Edition package, which will only be available at retail stores, will include the following exclusive bonus items in addition to the game disc:

Art of the Cataclysm art book, featuring 176 pages of never-before-seen images from the archives of the Blizzard Entertainment cinematics department and the World of Warcraft development team, as well as progressive visuals from multiple stages of development.

Exclusive in-game pet: he may not be a breaker of worlds just yet, but Lil' Deathwing will still proudly accompany heroes on their struggle to save Azeroth from his much, much larger counterpart.

Behind-the-scenes DVD with over an hour of developer interviews and commentaries, as well as a special Warcraft® retrospective examining the rich gaming history of the Warcraft universe.

Soundtrack featuring 10 epic new tracks from Cataclysm, including exclusive bonus tracks.

Special-edition mouse pad depicting Deathwing menacing the ravaged continents of Azeroth.

World of Warcraft Trading Card Game cards
, including a 60-card starter deck from the Wrathgate series, two extended-art cards, and two Collector's Edition-exclusive hero cards, marking the first appearance of goblin and worgen heroes in the TCG.

The first two World of Warcraft expansions, The Burning Crusade® and Wrath of the Lich King®, each shattered PC game sales records upon their release. In Cataclysm, the face of Azeroth will be forever altered by the return of the corrupted Dragon Aspect Deathwing. Players will explore once-familiar areas of the world that have now been reshaped by the devastation and filled with new adventures. In an effort to survive the planet-shattering cataclysm, two new playable races -- worgen and goblins -- will join the struggle between the Alliance and the Horde. As players journey to the new level cap of 85, they'll discover newly revealed locations, acquire new levels of power, and come face to face with Deathwing in a battle to determine the fate of the world.

The beta test for World of Warcraft: Cataclysm is currently underway. To set up a Battle.net account and sign up for a chance to participate, please visit the official Battle.net website at http://www.battle.net.

The World of Warcraft: Cataclysm Collector's Edition will be available on DVD-ROM for Windows® XP/Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 and Macintosh® at a suggested retail price of $79.99. The release date and other details for the game will be announced in the months ahead. For more information on World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, please visit the official website at http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm.

Sigh. Eighty Dollars.
Day one

I wonder if the TCG cards will have any value?

J-Rzez

ShallNoiseUpon said:
Sigh. Eighty Dollars.
Day one

I wonder if the TCG cards will have any value?

Probably not, especially since the only thing I ever got out of them with the collector's edition crap were biscuits to make my non-combat pets larger, I'm going to pass this time on the collector's edition. Not worth the lil deathwing, and the mouse pad probably sucks like the others. I'll be saving some cash going with the regular edition this time.

funkmastergeneral said:
Kind of disappointing they couldn't come up with new models for these special mounts and just reskinned a dragon. Not to mention it looks god awful.

What do you honestly expect them to do when their fans are so brainwashed they think it's outstanding that blizzard is able to change the color values on stuff so they look a different color from stuff we've had for years. If there's people talking about it on the wowforums or mmo-c, I'm sure there's people there that think said mounts are "incredible", "amazing", or that "Blizzard really out-did themselves this time!". :lol

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Mini-Thor > Mini Deathwing who is just a reskinned whelp. And i don't give a shit about cards.

Not worth it unlike the SC2 CE.

J-Rzez

Sax Russel said:
Only 10 tracks on the Cata soundtrack? But.. but.. there's so much good music in the latest build =(

Go figure huh? Best soundtrack they've done in a WoW expansion yet, and no proper OST CD.

Sciz

Bisnic said:
For smaller flying mounts, there is also the manta rays from Outlands. No huge wings getting in the way and very few people use them.
I'll second this. I picked up the set on my way towards the 100 mount achievement and ended up using them as my primary mounts all the way up until I got the dragonhawk. They're nicely animated, seldom seen, and still pretty stylish.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Bisnic said:
Mini-Thor > Mini Deathwing who is just a reskinned whelp. And i don't give a shit about cards.

Damn straight.

Everyone knows green whelpling = best whelpling anyway.

Hixx

Bisnic said:

Yep. SC2 having a better WoW minipet than a WoW expansion is slightly daft.

notworksafe

ShallNoiseUpon said:
Collector's edition stuffs
Lame. Collector's Editions are rarely worth it, so no surprise. I bet the mouse pad is just the same picture of Deathwing that's all over the place.

notworksafe said:
Lame. Collector's Editions are rarely worth it, so no surprise.

176 page artbook is pretty substantial, if you're into that kind of thing, I guess.

Really surprised that they're not going to put an authenticator in, maybe supply IS that constrained that they can't do it.

Fularu

Banned
ShallNoiseUpon said:
176 page artbook is pretty substantial, if you're into that kind of thing, I guess.

Really surprised that they're not going to put an authenticator in, maybe supply IS that constrained that they can't do it.
They just listed the exclusive ocntent.

I wouldn't be surprised if the authenticator is in every box, including regular.

Interfectum

I got a 72 rogue that I want to main for Cataclysm... roughly how many hours is it gonna take to get him to 80? 70-80 is painfully slow. :\

traveler

Not Wario
J-Rzez said:
Go figure huh? Best soundtrack they've done in a WoW expansion yet, and no proper OST CD.

Ehh, WotLK's was better just based off what I've heard thus far. No telling how much they've yet to add, though, so I guess I could feel differently once all is said and done.

Interfectum said:
I got a 72 rogue that I want to main for Cataclysm... roughly how many hours is it gonna take to get him to 80? 70-80 is painfully slow. :\
With straight questing, a dungeon thrown in here and there, and ample bonus experience, I do about a level every 4-5 hours. Some have claimed to do faster which is probably possible if you really have it down.

I also reached 80 on my hunter without setting foot in Storm Peaks or Icecrown. In fact, that character is still doing quests in Zul'Drak. I pretty much wiped the other zones clean, getting the questing achievements in almost all of them if I recall correctly.

CassSept

ShallNoiseUpon said:
As long as we're talking about music - here are my three favorite WoW soundtrack songs

Grooveshark Playlist
The first one is pretty much cheating since it's just all Ulduar tracks rolled into on and it had some pretty damn good tunes :D
Antechamber of Ulduar and YS phase 3 (on from 08:50) in that vid are probably two best tracks in whole WotLK. Whatever one may say about this expansion, Ulduar was simply fantastic.

ampere

ShallNoiseUpon said:

The artbook looks cool but they mention that it's only available at retail stores? If I can't get it on Amazon I probably won't buy it.

mikeGFG

Banned
funkmastergeneral said:
Great. Someone from China has been accessing my Gmail account the last day or so and now my WoW account is gone.

Fucking shit.

Yeah happened to my gmail last week, and I dont even have an active account. I caught the attempted hijack in-progress and changed all my info and passwords real fucking quick.

I'm positive it was a brute-force attack, rather than a keylogger.

ampere

Bisnic said:
So i just spent 60 frosts for http://www.wowhead.com/item=50992 Already put the gems + Eternal Belt Buckle on it, so cant trade it back for emblems.

Then i check the AH and see http://www.wowhead.com/item=50015 for 2700g.

http://i494.photobucket.com/albums/rr309/BiteDog/arfcom/fuuuu.png[IMG][/QUOTE]
Resto shaman? I don't understand, the one you bought with frosts is better. Straight mp5 on gear is bad itemization outside of trinkets.
[URL="http://www.wowhead.com/item=49978"]Crushing Coldwraith[/URL] is better than both but it's a BoP off Marrogar so you can't buy it.

Ashodin

You gotta protect your accounts and shit with a really crazy password bro.

Also, I'm getting an authenticator very soon.

Going down to pre-order two copies of the Collector's Edition tomorrow :D

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Maybe I should change my email from gmail to my ISP.

Someone on the OT side said their gmail account was accessed from china.

Bisnic

ciaossu said:
Resto shaman? I don't understand, the one you bought with frosts is better. Straight mp5 on gear is bad itemization outside of trinkets.
Crushing Coldwraith is better than both but it's a BoP off Marrogar so you can't buy it.

I know crit is better than mp5, but still... i could have spent those frosts on a trinket, or Tier 10 shoulder/gloves instead and buy the BOE belt since 2.7k is pretty cheap and what i had before was the belt from Conquest emblems. Oh well, too late now.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

firex

CassSept said:
Isn't warrior worse to level? That's what I've heard.
Recuperate is an excellent spell, really. I'm loving leveling with it on beta. Additionally, as they said earlier in blue posts, you can use CPs from dead mobs to pop SnD and Recuperate and that helps a lot, as you don't lose them any more.
With Deadly Momentum from assa tree you can just use 5 CP Recuperate and kill all mobs without any downtime. It's going to be beautiful from now on <3
Arms warrior with heirlooms was maybe the easiest leveling I had done out of my 3 80s (prot paladin and enhance shaman are the other 2). The haste trinket procs significant self heals, arms talents let me kill mobs faster than charge's cooldown, and putting crusader on the axe made it even better when I was leveling from like levels 10-50. I pretty much only ate food if it gave a buff, and I rarely had to use bandages or potions.

Bisnic

Prot warrior is also very easy with heirlooms. You can solo any kind of elites, hit like a truck with Improved Revenge, receive little damage, and the haste trinket will take care of whatever you might have lose, even against a big group. Not to mention the quick queues for instances. And i have yet to see 1 single DPS player do more damage than me in instances. So you do both the role of a tank and 2 DPS damage at once!

Rokam

Bisnic said:
Prot warrior is also very easy with heirlooms. You can solo any kind of elites, hit like a truck with Improved Revenge, receive little damage, and the haste trinket will take care of whatever you might have lose, even against a big group. Not to mention the quick queues for instances. And i have yet to see 1 single DPS player do more damage than me in instances. So you do both the role of a tank and 2 DPS damage at once!

Even without heirlooms prot is amazing. As you said being top dps in instances I'm tanking is pretty funny, I'm usually 100 dps over the others. Not to mention tanking at low levels is extremely easy especially with cleave and tc glyphs.

LowParry

Maxrpg said:
"And when the time is right, the betrayer will become the betrayed."

The chorus right there is goosebump-filling.

Best trailer ever. Seriously. Isn't the track out on a BC OST?

mclem

Tacitus_ said:
Normal or HC?
Only normal, we're not *that* great and long overdue. I didn't deliberately hide the little normal/heroic symbol behind my Grid minimap button, honest!

Edit: Oooh, just realised that there's a reasonable way to deduce that it's likely to be normal without using that icon or knowing the LK's max health. Can you spot it?

Swag

mclem said:
Edit: Oooh, just realised that there's a reasonable way to deduce that it's likely to be normal without using that icon or knowing the LK's max health. Can you spot it?

Unsuccessful Heroic Attempts = 50 of 50?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom