• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
notworksafe said:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/1938-Power-Auras-Mages-TP-UI-Howling-Oak-Blue-Posts

I don't quite get the Power Auras thing. I never had a problem just looking at Combat Text but if other people like I guess it's cool.
Ive been using it for awhile as a hunter its bloody helpfull! Trying to keep track of serpent sting/black arrow being up as much as possible, keeping your priority shots in order and trying not to clip explosive shot when you get a lock and load proc is rather alot to deal with, bit of a pain to get setup though!

Alex

Finally Priest changes that I can support. Very cool. Might even be fun for PvP as Holy.

All of the Discipline DAMAGE, DAMAGE, DAMAGE stuff was really aggravating to me. But this really makes it a lot better.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I've been doing some Google searching for the macro that maxes out WoW's graphic settings, and I've found one that originated back in 2008. Is this the same macro that is being used now, or has the settings changed?

/console groundEffectDensity 256
/console groundEffectDist 200
/console detailDoodadAlpha 100
/console horizonfarclip 2112
/console farclip 999
/console characterAmbient

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
New Lightning Shield mechanics for Elemental Shaman talents are nice.

* Fulmination (Tier 5) *New* - When you have more than 3 Lightning Shield charges active, your Earth Shock spell will consume any surplus charges, instantly dealing their total damage to the enemy target.
* Rolling Thunder (Tier 4) *New* - When you deal damage with Lightning Bolt or Chain Lightning while your Lightning Shield ability is active, you have a 30/60% chance to recover 1% of your mana and to generate an additional Lightning Shield charge, up to a maximum of 0/9 charges.

J-Rzez

notworksafe said:
I couldn't help myself. Apologies for the bad Photoshop work.

3grGC.png

:lol :lol

Excellent work! :D

Ashodin

So the next beta build is up and HOLY FUCK :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

IM ROLLIN

Quest Achievement

# The First Rule of Ring of Blood is You Don't Talk About Ring of Blood - Complete the Ring of Blood quests in Nagrand, Zul'Drak and Twilight Highlands.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Then THIS QUEST CHAIN IN HILLSBRAD:

Read in Order!

2u6dwdd.jpg

2dlj14j.jpg

20jmuqc.jpg

qxrzhf.jpg

firex

I hope Rexxar alliance is better than it was horde when I played there. I played horde and the server was dead and had terrible players aside from one guild, but that was during TBC.

mclem

So, awesome questgiving quest, Old Spice references *and* two Pink Floyd references? Blizzard *clearly* love Horde above all else...

Johnlenham said:
Ive been using it for awhile as a hunter its bloody helpfull! Trying to keep track of serpent sting/black arrow being up as much as possible, keeping your priority shots in order and trying not to clip explosive shot when you get a lock and load proc is rather alot to deal with, bit of a pain to get setup though!
Power Auras is a life saver for me. I use it primarily for my demo lock to keep track of Molten Core and decimation procs, and also so I know when the Metamorphosis ability and my lifetap buff are on cooldown. I use dotimer to keep track of other spells, but the sounds that you can use with power auras is what I really appreciate. I don't even have to be looking at anything to know when something is up. Now that I've used it, I don't think that I could go back to playing without it.:D

Xabora

CassSept

Just when you thought that "The Day that Deathwing Came" was amazing... they put out a chain that's EVEN BETTER.
I knew I would level a new char once Cataclysm comes, but that basically settles it. They just keep on devliering:D

CassSept said:
Just when you thought that "The Day that Deathwing Came" was amazing... they put out a chain that's EVEN BETTER.
I knew I would level a new char once Cataclysm comes, but that basically settles it. They just keep on devliering:D

I still don't think anything beats Bravo Company. Damn... I think I haven't clapped my hands over a game that much in humorous joy since Conkers Bad Fur Day back in 01!

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Bisnic said:
Because i'm fucking lazy. I don't feel like pressing P and going over 7 pages of arcane spells just to find the Dalaran or IF Teleport. :lol If it wasn't for portals or teleports, those 14 slots would be empty or full of mounts/companions shortcuts.
Addon called DagAssist = Awesome.

It is a little icon that you can place anywhere on your screen. When you click it, it is a drop down menu of all your portals, and teleports, your first aid, your professions, and your hearth.

I can't imagine not having it after years of using it lol.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Also PowerAuras pretty much replaced a ton of my addons. You can customize this thing to do just about anything you need. I use it to track my own spells, cooldowns, buffs/debuffs, raid alerts, quests, and more.

Took me a few days of playing with it to really understand how it works but once you do, it is wonderful!!

Once cool example is on my rogue I have my portrait change color as I stack combo points...when I am maxed out my portrait is like a shadow with red eyes and the word KILL on my screen...although I stopped using that one now..eheh.

Was cool though.

Edit : I just may add the Mortal Kombat "Finish Him" sound to that one lol...time to break out the rogue again!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Alex said:
:lol Some of the quest writing is just pure brilliance. Thanks for that collage.
Even though I think it's funny, It's really not that hard to reference pop culture when you think about it. :/

Narag

DeathNote said:
Even though I think it's funny, It's really not that hard to reference pop culture when you think about it. :/

Of course not. Managing an amusing yet deprecating view of the playerbase is the more impressive feat here if you're referring to the quest giving quests.

Daante

How are Druids coming along in the beta? , read something about three of life and moonkin form being pretty useless?

firex

I get the feeling druid, shaman and priest still have a lot of work as far as healers/hybrids go, and for pure dps, I think hunters and warlocks are still kind of far behind.

But then I don't really know for sure.

firex

ToL is definitely going to be redesigned. Like nobody enjoys how it works now and Ghostcrawler even posted saying he's going to change it drastically.

Tamanon

Banned
Maxrpg said:
Tree of Life is optional - Moonkin is still not. Which angers a lot of Balance druids.

What? Almost all balance druids I know just wish Moonkin did something better for them, everyone loves that form. The new moonkin is a great idea.

Hixx

Tamanon said:
What? Almost all balance druids I know just wish Moonkin did something better for them, everyone loves that form. The new moonkin is a great idea.

I hate Moonkin form. I hate Tree form. It's why my Druid is feral, infact the forms are the sole reason I am feral.

For some reason the guy from china who accessed my WoW account was running dungeons and collecting tanking gear on my paladin. Weird. He just stripped and sold everything in the bank on all my other 80's

Rapstah

funkmastergeneral said:
For some reason the guy from china who accessed my WoW account was running dungeons and collecting tanking gear on my paladin. Weird. He just stripped and sold everything in the bank on all my other 80's
Was probably planning on selling the account with exactly one high-geared character on it.

Swag

HixxSAFC said:
I hate Moonkin form. I hate Tree form. It's why my Druid is feral, infact the forms are the sole reason I am feral.

The forms are the only reason that my I haven't been able to level a druid to 80. Collecting armor that I don't see is lame

Nymerio

Sebulon3k said:
The forms are the only reason that my I haven't been able to level a druid to 80. Collecting armor that I don't see is lame

I don't understand why they haven't implemented a glyph that makes moonkin form optional. Also, it'd be funny running in to a druid and not instantly know if it's balance or resto specced.

Kweh

The look of Moonkin Form puts me totally off fully enjoying my druid, because I quite like my Balance druid other than that. I'm surprised they didn't give the art form an update like they did with Feral in time for Cataclysm, as I feel then is as good a time as any.

J-Rzez

To be honest, that's the weakest music I've heard from Cata so far. I'll be shutting off the music in Org real fast. It sounds like something from an Austin Powers movie. I like the old one a bit better. But then again, that's not bad considering the rest of it is very promising as far as the music goes.

Anyone have a spare Scroll of Resurrection to cast on my account? I haven't played in like a year and would love to check things out for a bit before the new Expansion.

notworksafe

krypt0nian said:
Anyone have a spare Scroll of Resurrection to cast on my account? I haven't played in like a year and would love to check things out for a bit before the new Expansion.
I have a few left. PM me an email and I'll send one over.

Holy shit blizzard sent me back double the gold I had on my characters :lol

170,000 gold for the win.

This is almost as good as when a gold seller accidentally sent me about 5,000 gold in Vanilla woW and begged to send it back to him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom