• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I have roughly item level 218-232 on my warrior tank. With the 4.01 changes, would it be possible for me to solo the tiger and raptor bosses now, or am I even more screwed? I was about 80-90% there before the patch.

notworksafe

Angry Grimace said:
You can turn quest mob names only off. I have names on for everyone at all times, just because I'm used to it that way..
At the moment mine is set to only show Quest NPCs, which I believe means it only shows questgivers and quest related mobs. It's a nice setting for leveling. Lets you know what/who is important from a distance.

Aesthet1c

Dr. Pangloss said:
Is there some way to get into Zul'grub without being in a raid? Or do I have to harangue someone to do it?

Invite someone to your party, convert to raid, then they can leave the group, and you stay in the raid.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
moojito said:
I think lack of aoe clout will make soloing those bosses more difficult.
Maybe Tiger boss, but I don't recall Raptor boss requiring much AoE at all. Depending on class, AoE is still very powerful; it's just that no tank can generate that kind of AoE threat.

Hixx

Flib said:
Have you been to Orgrimmar yet?

Nope, waiting for my horde mains to transfer. Might do the troll area and then run up and take a look.. Just blasting through EK on a human hunter at the moment, well, when the battle.net maintenance finishes.

Flib

It's pretty amazing running through the gates the first time. Just running through the hallway into the city is insanely different and detailed.

One thing I love about Cata is that in regular places like inns/bars, objects such as bottles against the wall aren't flat textures anymore. Makes everything pop better visually.

Swag

krypt0nian said:
Total Eclipse of the Heart

Oh thought i had something to do with the way she looks :lol

Anyone know any online stores that are based in the US that are still taking pre orders on Cata CE? Waited too long and Amazon / Gamestop are sold out

Well since this new patch has empowered many casters and made many of the melees cry, I present to you the new name for the upcoming expansion:

Castaclysm.

Brought to you by the official warlock forum.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Sebulon3k said:
Oh thought i had something to do with the way she looks :lol

Anyone know any online stores that are based in the US that are still taking pre orders on Cata CE? Waited too long and Amazon / Gamestop are sold out
I remember showing up at Gamestop at midnight to buy Wrath. Felt like a massive dork with a bunch of weirdos talking about their mages in real life.

Angry Grimace said:
I remember showing up at Gamestop at midnight to buy Wrath. Felt like a massive dork with a bunch of weirdos talking about their mages in real life.
:lol

Made a druid. Called him Beatsme, mostly because when I got asked by nerd guy I work with what id name my worgen I said "beatsme"
Alot faster to level now seeing as mana regen is crazy and spell costs are tiny, can just hammer a spell till death and move on, Thorns take like 50% of an enemys hp!

J-Rzez

Confused101 said:
Well since this new patch has empowered many casters and made many of the melees cry, I present to you the new name for the upcoming expansion:

Castaclysm.

Brought to you by the official warlock forum.

Well they said they're going after Locks and Mages, and we all know Blizzard when they nerf something, they don't hit them hard enough the first time, so the second time they'll nerf them into the ground for a content patch or two. Not something to look forward to for sure.

The only two melee classes that can kill stuff in PVP right now are DK's and Rogues. They said though something's broken with Rogues Sub specs ambushes rocking people, so that won't live for long.

Didn't see many people complain about DK's, besides that Unholy is really throwing people for a loop that only knew enough about the class to do the old rotation, not knowing what said mechanics were to it. It's ultra-fast, and ultra-slick now. I'm doing competitive DPS to Mages in PVE (Locks, good locks are way higher lol), and I'm able to hold my own in PVP, which is surprising. I hope they don't listen to the people who can't think and react fast enough to hit the right buttons for rotations. This class is the most fun I've had in the history of my WoW career.

Angry Grimace said:

I remember people walking up to me introducing themselves as their main. "Hi, I'm Soulscavenger, level 70 undead Warlock, and you are?"... Which I'd just say my real first name. This time I may have some fun with the experience though and screw around. It's funny though, I'm from a "smallish" city. One where you feel like you met everyone at least once, and when I went to the midnight sale there were at least a hundred people I've never seen once in my entire life.

vilmer_

Sweet Jesus, my Locks DPS has gone up massively! Went from doing 3.5k ish on bosses to almost 8k with Hero :lol Going by "gear score", I had 4300 before the patch and I still have a couple of blues and none of my items are reforged. This is insanity.

Dina

I can't get the Cataclysm beta to install. Time after time I get this error:

" The installer was unable to read the file "world\maps\AhnQiraj\AhnQiraj_26_46_tex1.adt". This error may be caused by problems with the media or drive at C:\ --for example, a scratched or dirty CD-ROM/DVD-ROM, hard drive corruption, or a networking problem while downloading the installer. (The error code was 8.) If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (ReadJob::Execute)"

Yet repairing the original WoW, redownloading the beta, renaming the beta, etc all does nothing. It's doing my head in, since I was so pumped to finally play the beta.

Flib

Dina said:

" The installer was unable to read the file "world\maps\AhnQiraj\AhnQiraj_26_46_tex1.adt". This error may be caused by problems with the media or drive at C:\ --for example, a scratched or dirty CD-ROM/DVD-ROM, hard drive corruption, or a networking problem while downloading the installer. (The error code was 8.) If this problem persists, please contact Blizzard Technical Support. (ReadJob::Execute)"

Yet repairing the original WoW, redownloading the beta, renaming the beta, etc all does nothing. It's doing my head in, since I was so pumped to finally play the beta.

I think that's an issue because of the new launcher, someone else in the thread had it. It's triggered when you install the beta after installing 4.01 on live. Check the beta forums, there are fixes I believe.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Well I am reading that they nerfed casters last night (as said in the Blizz post, especially Fire Mages). As much as 10% and more damage nerf according to some people on forums.

My Arcane spec does RIDICULOUS damage compared to my fire spec. So if they leave arcane alone, I'll just do that...but I prefer fire much more.

Sad.

Nerfed in 24hrs? :lol

Alex

They're probably not as worried about Arcane Blast spam since it OOMs you in seconds at 85, makes healers spamming their 7k mana flash heals look like they have longevity. They may wanna reroute come of it back to Barrage though, Barrage didn't look to useful.

Angry Grimace

I like the Chakra spells, but it's kind of annoying to get into the corresponding state.

Willectro

Banned
If there are no changes between now and Cataclysm, Rogues have potential to be the fastest class to level. Deadly Momentum + Recuperate = No downtown. This isn't news to a lot of people, but I was playing my 77 rogue today and questing in sholazar basin and recuperate was better than I anticipated.

That being said, I did do dungeons from 70-77, so I do have decent gear (better than the usual quest greens) and I am mutilate spec. I've heard great things about combat but haven't tried it yet because I don't have swords (and I love mutilate :lol ).

Macattk15

will52 said:
If there are no changes between now and Cataclysm, Rogues have potential to be the fastest class to level. Deadly Momentum + Recuperate = No downtown. This isn't news to a lot of people, but I was playing my 77 rogue today and questing in sholazar basin and recuperate was better than I anticipated.

That being said, I did do dungeons from 70-77, so I do have decent gear (better than the usual quest greens) and I am mutilate spec. I've heard great things about combat but haven't tried it yet because I don't have swords (and I love mutilate :lol ).

Victory Rush spamming seems to be working well for me also. Coupled with Field Dressing, Second Win and Blood Craze.

Duki

Banned
Druids can fly in the old word bros

1. Fly to Northrend
2. Go into flight form and fly into the air
3. Join the dungeon queue and enter a dungeon
4. Once inside teleport to Moonglade
5. Say sorry to the group who just thought they finally got a tank
6. Fly, and be free :3333333

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Arcane has always been the biggest quick damage. Normally with the most universal utility. Down side has always been, they run out of steam quick.

Door2Dawn

Banned
This Sunday, during the Dallas Cowboys versus Minnesota Vikings NFL game on Fox (starts at 4:15 PM EDT, 1:15 PM PDT), we are debuting a new television commercial for World of Warcraft's upcoming expansion. The commercial will feature the first look at cinematic footage from Cataclysm, so tune in to an exciting game this Sunday and catch the new commercial!
:eek:

Soule

YEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSsssssssssssssssSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS I fapped SO much last night, i finally caught my Dark Herring!! AND I caught Mr Pinchy! (again) asshole didn't give me my pet first wish but I'm still stoked, once he gives me my pet I'll finally be salty :D

Cyrillus

Dina said:

Had this same exact problem this morning. What I found in my search was that basically the Beta installer looks for your live install to copy files from it to save from downloading the whole game again. However, the beta installer thinks the live install is still version 3.3, so it errors when looking for various files. The solution I found was to temporarily rename the "World of Warcraft" folder in which my original install is located, then the beta installer will just download the entire client, and it should work (yes, another 13 gigs :-( )

No clue where the PC building thread is so I'll ask here.

What's the best video card that's about $100? I've noticed a giant drop in frames after the patch even with settings that used to be at High let to Good or Fair.

It is time.

Sykotik

Some addons are causing frame-rate drops. I believe ratingsbuster was one of them. Also, some people's video settings got really randomized, so even check to make sure your resolution is set the way you had it before, and turn down shadows, they're the biggest culprit. Water was changed and sunshafts were added.

I have a radeon hd5870, and I was getting tremendous drops. Because of addons, though.

Sorry, I'm not in the loop with the current budget line-up, so I can't answer you vid-card question.

Sykotik said:
Some addons are causing frame-rate drops. I believe ratingsbuster was one of them. Also, some people's video settings got really randomized, so even check to make sure your resolution is set the way you had it before, and turn down shadows, they're the biggest culprit. Water was changed and sunshafts were added.

I have a radeon hd5870, and I was getting tremendous drops. Because of addons, though.

Sorry, I'm not in the loop with the current budget line-up, so I can't answer you vid-card question.

That did it! My resolution was set WAY higher than normal. Fixed that and was able to turn everything back up to HIGH with a 50fps in SW!

Thanks!

Raid was canceled tonight so I wasn't able to try out warrior tanking in ICC yet. But I did do HoR which was interesting. DPS/healer started complaining the minute they saw me lmao; hearing lots of complaints about warrior tanks.

Definitely had some threat and rage problems at the beginning of some pulls. The threat from Commanding Shout/Battle Shout doesn't replace the threat-over-time benefit of Bloodrage; you pop Commanding Shout and by the time you drop your first attack you're out of rage until the mobs attack you.

Later I tried out a Devastate/Shield Reflect macro. It works amazingly, puts threat on casters, and generates a shit ton of threat (every spell reflected gains you 60 rage). Also tried the Blood and Thunder again. It's still odd putting Rend into the rotation but it resulted in some nice dps and threat.

J-Rzez

DK Tier 11.

dk_t11.png
dk_t11_2.png
dk_t11_3.png

http://www.wowhead.com/blog=171071#.

Not as bad as the ugly as sin other tier 11 sets, but nothing to write home about.

Looks like what "The King" from BK would look like if he dressed up for some role-playing action.

Alex

Update for people interested in some of the fringe pets/mounts:

As stated in the Under Dev page (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/), patch 4.0.3 brings about The Shattering, a cataclysmic event that will forever change the face of Azeroth. As we prepare to raise the level cap and introduce two new races with the Cataclysm expansion, it's important to keep in mind that the game world is going through tremendous changes that will affect the availability of certain rare mounts and items.

Swift Zulian Tiger
Zul'Gurub is changing from a raid to a leveling zone in 4.0.3, and this mount will no longer be obtainable.

Swift Razzashi Raptor
This mount will also no longer be obtainable after the change to Zul'Gurub.

Razzashi Hatchling
With the change to Zul'Gurub this non-combat pet will no longer be obtainable.

Tome of Polymorph: Turtle
This tome will continue to be available through other means.

Crusader's White/Black Warhorse and Swift Alliance Steed/Swift Horde Wolf
As the attempt-based tribute system is being removed from Heroic Trial of the Crusader, the Argent Crusade Tribute Chest will no longer spawn, and these mounts will no longer be obtainable

Reins of the Blue Drake
This mount will once again be available from defeating 10-player Malygos without needing to use the Dungeon Finder. The Reins of the Azure Drake will only be available on 25-player Malygos.

Mimiron's Head
This mount will change to be a very low drop chance when defeating 25-player Yogg'Saron with no Keepers assisting you

Invincible
This mount will change to be a very low drop chance when defeating Heroic 25-player Lich King

Although we have no current plans to introduce new ways to obtain the Zul'Gurub mounts, pets, and the tribute mounts, they may return should we find a place where they fit in the future.

McNei1y

What the hell?

My friend and I were leveling in Dun Morogh. We were walking east towards the quarry for our next quest hub. Once we got to the quarry our games froze. We can't log into those characters. We can make new guys on the same server and log into our main servers but we can't log in in that specific area. What the fuck.

J-Rzez

Alex said:
Update for people interested in some of the fringe pets/mounts:

Although we have no current plans to introduce new ways to obtain the Zul'Gurub mounts, pets, and the tribute mounts, they may return should we find a place where they fit in the future.

No... no... Just stop recycling stuff please, thank you. You wow me with the Scorpion mount, and then you say this. Ying-Yang Blizzard at work.

Rokam

McNei1y said:
What the hell?

My friend and I were leveling in Dun Morogh. We were walking east towards the quarry for our next quest hub. Once we got to the quarry our games froze. We can't log into those characters. We can make new guys on the same server and log into our main servers but we can't log in in that specific area. What the fuck.

Same thing happened to me while headed to Badlands. World disappeared and I crashed and can't get on.

Alex

Well, maybe they could find a place for it in the new ZG leveling area. That seems weird to me that they wouldn't just do that. Maybe some mini-rep thing for people who care.

Personally, I don't like raptors or tigers (even though I have the raptor on my Paladin and never use it, ever =/) so it doesn't bug me. I just want that damn hawkstrider for Heroic Mag T.

Jasconius

notworksafe said:
According to forum numbers, cats were buffed.

This is pretty good. It won't put cats in pre-patch numbers, but I don't think they will ever go back there.
Did RS25 tonight, was able to pull 13k again on my kitty (what I was doing pre-patch). Only difference is that bleeds are such a huge percentage of that damage now. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom