• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weenerz

Banned
Flib said:
Also, this is the area in Deepholm where Deathwing was rebuilt (looks better in game, there is all this rapidly swirling fog):

WoWScrnShot_101710_190802.jpg

Well, he isn't getting rebuilt, his body is splitting apart and he enslaved Goblins to seal his body in metal to try to contain it. They skim over it in the War of the Ancients trilogy of books, interesting read.

Flib

notworksafe said:
Blizz forgot about Lor'themar Theron. He and Sylvanas aren't seen or mentioned in the Org event. At least Cairne gets a name drop.

Kind of a bummer about the other cities. The Cataclysm messed up the land near them, but not the cities themselves? Lame.

It's exactly the same inside, but the ruins are huge above ground. Shots incoming.

Flib

Weenerz said:
Well, he isn't getting rebuilt, his body is splitting apart and he enslaved Goblins to seal his body in metal to try to contain it. They skim over it in the War of the Ancients trilogy of books, interesting read.

I know the lore, sorry for being inprecise.

Flib

Brill looks a tad different:

WoWScrnShot_101810_004322.jpg

Unchanged inside, but the Undercity above-ground area is huge. It's empty though, apart from guards in the already used above-ground areas:

WoWScrnShot_101810_004401.jpg

WoWScrnShot_101810_004419.jpg

Only cool thing is getting different POVs inside:

WoWScrnShot_101810_004512.jpg

notworksafe

Wow thanks for the shots! So they did change a bunch. Glad to see they updated Brill to look Undead, not just like dingy Human houses. It even has Blight around it!

I wonder what they are going to do with all the extra stuff above UC.

Swag

Just logged in for the first time in (4) months, new graphics options / spell book are cool.

Don't wanna do anything else so that once cataclysm comes everything is still fresh on my goblin priest.

Finally, finally, finally, got my Kingslayer tonight. After being a rogue for most of WotLK, it's surprising, but fitting if only for lore reasons, that I got it on my dk tank. Post buffs, and post talent buffs, etc, but I feel like I really finished the game in the timeframe it was meant to be finished only tonight. I truly saw the final cutscene for the first time only when I earned it.

Flib

I actually went through the undead starting area, pretty much all the quests are new. Kind of crazy. As I said before, anyone let me know and I'm happy to do a beta shot run through of any areas you're interested in.

Swag

theinfinityissue said:
Finally, finally, finally, got my Kingslayer tonight. After being a rogue for most of WotLK, it's surprising, but fitting if only for lore reasons, that I got it on my dk tank. Post buffs, and post talent buffs, etc, but I feel like I really finished the game in the timeframe it was meant to be finished only tonight. I truly saw the final cutscene for the first time only when I earned it.

Congratulations!

Now go get Light of Dawn!

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
notworksafe said:
I wonder what they are going to do with all the extra stuff above UC.
Nothing really.

The undead are more focused on the surrounding area, as they're one of the races that has seen the greatest expansion.
Silverpine questlines even bleed into Gilneas. It's really rad.

Of what I've done, the Undead leveling path with Silverpine and Hillsbrad is probably the best of the old world content.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think Hallow's Eve starts tomorrow.

Let's see how many times I can fail to get the Horseman's mount :lol

Weenerz

Banned
I think they are doing what they did with brewfest to avoid the shithead ninja looters. Last year, I saw a bunch of threads where people would continue to roll on the mount even after they had their own, with hopes of selling it to their group. Scumbag stuff.

notworksafe

The old system made it easier for me to get the ram. I offered 2000g to whoever had the Ram drop in a group and ran that boss about 100 times!

Blizzard could easily run a check to see if you have the item or spell before letting you roll on it, so that isn't a very good excuse. They just want to tightly control supply, I'm sure.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Weenerz said:
I think they are doing what they did with brewfest to avoid the shithead ninja looters. Last year, I saw a bunch of threads where people would continue to roll on the mount even after they had their own, with hopes of selling it to their group. Scumbag stuff.
What ever happened to the good old days of just switching to Master loot at 1%.

Or making sure you get the first hit, and leaving group before death?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Weenerz said:
Yeah, the acquisition rate ends up the same (because you don't have to roll against others) and you don't have to spam the boss 5 times. It's a great idea on Blizzard's part.

Rokam

Good ol Bill Amend, never passes up an opportunity to plug Blizzard games. :lol
2010-10-17-d3b3fb7e.gif

Hopefully the first part of the pre-cata events start tuesday, perhaps give a week for each. Also, does anyone have a problem with DC'ing while auto-flying and alt tabbed out of game?

Rokam

I'm thinking a week for each part of the pre events, I think there were 3 phases. So hopefully starts up this week. Cata event hopefully the week before Thanksgiving, I really don't see them putting the patch out the week of Thanksgiving.

Getting bored with my high level characters so I made a warrior tonight. After being the healer for the last 6 years this is a change of pace. I've only made it to level 10 but victory rush and now mortal strike means no downtime if I find a conveyor belt of mobs. Wanted to wait till 4.0.3 but I figure why not just do the first 20 or so levels to prepare. Still planning on a goblin mage, but going to wait till after the crowds move through the area.

Swag

Anyone wanna start a 10 man guild on a low pop server for server first / realm first leveling achievement farming :lol

I'm serious

Rokam

Man I keep witness more and more bugs. Two Thralls in Orgrimmar, guess he doesn't need to give leadership to Garrosh now, meanwhile the Wrathgate event appears to be going on. Except I've already done it.

Angry Grimace

Rokam said:
Good ol Bill Amend, never passes up an opportunity to plug Blizzard games. :lol
http://www.foxtrot.com/comics/2010-10-17-d3b3fb7e.gif[IMG]

Hopefully the first part of the pre-cata events start tuesday, perhaps give a week for each. Also, does anyone have a problem with DC'ing while auto-flying and alt tabbed out of game?[/QUOTE]
Given that he only does Sundays now, I imagine he plays pretty much non-stop. He's possibly even in this thread. :lol

I wish FoxTrot was still in dailies.

Angry Grimace

Hallow's Eve is up. It is indeed the same as Brewfest; there's a "loot filled pumpkin"

Rokam said:
Man I keep witness more and more bugs. Two Thralls in Orgrimmar, guess he doesn't need to give leadership to Garrosh now, meanwhile the Wrathgate event appears to be going on. Except I've already done it.

Happen to me too. Found out the only way to fix it is to join a random battleground. Otherwise you can't go to UC.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Rokam said:
I did the Wrathgate event just a few days ago on my Druid since the cross faction transfer wipes it off, or I assumed so. Anyway an 80 DK was stuck in the city halfway through the event wondering what the hell was going on.

Angry Grimace

speedpop said:
I've never done it before. Should be fun as a healer.
It's insanely easy, but it just D/C's you most of the time now.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Yes I just noticed. Soon as I got in, I was disconnected. Logged back in and the tank had started it, but he didn't move a muscle so must've disconnected as well. Headless Harriet went down like a sack of potatoes in less than 30 seconds with just the DPS nuking and I barely had to heal shit. What was my prize? Another disconnect when I warped out.

Fuck me Blizzard :lol

Angry Grimace

If you get nothing, the bag will be empty and you'll just get points.

Blizzard should have put a "point card" or something in there to prevent the inevitable, "my bag was bugged and empty" complaints. :lol

Hixx

http://imgur.com/LvHPV.jpg
My favourite quest line in the beta so far. The NPC's quips make it even better. Funny and some VERY cool quests, Redridge is so well done.

Vashj'ir is surprisingly good too, shame the zone is broken due to one quest being bugged.

Rokam

Cogswell is quite possibly the hardest boss in game.

Just did horseman on one of my many alts, 1 person got the sword, another the pet and broom, one the helm, and another the mount. I ain't found shit.

mclem

Retro said:
I also need an addon to move the Holy Power gauge to the center of the screen, glancing up to check it constantly is going to lead to all sorts of AOE headaches. I like the mechanic, just not where the UI is tracking it.

I'd recommend HolyTrinity, made by one of the maintankadin folks. Unfortunately it had bugs early on which crippled my framerate, so I had to work without it; now it's perfectly servicable but I'm trying to retrain myself *away* from staring at my character portrait for procs to a more sensible spot.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info18224-HolyTrinity.html

markot

Banned
Rokam said:
Cogswell is quite possibly the hardest boss in game.

Just did horseman on one of my many alts, 1 person got the sword, another the pet and broom, one the helm, and another the mount. I ain't found shit.

Whos Cogswell >_<?

Lain

I thought it was just me that crashed doing the Horseman. Every time I hovered over the pumpkin my client would freeze.

markot

Banned
Oh >.<

Tonnes of people seem to be crashing in that. But most instances have had problems since patch for the first minute or so or when they zone in. Problem is, pumpkin event is just meant to last 1 minute...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom