• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
What's wrong with the existing one?
The melee animations, which will never be fixed. Facial rigging is well below where it needs to be compared to other models. Color gradient across most of the skins is just bad. Lots of blocky edges to the models because the poly count is low.

biaxident

Hey guys, I'm raid lead for my guild and we hit a wall on spellblade normal (we're pretty casual) and just wondering if we're just missing some obvious strategy. Arcane add phase is what's getting us, they seem to be up too long. Popping hero there but stuff gets hectic once frost marks start again. Is it just a dps check to kill those adds quicker cause we do have some low dps. Also my healers kept requesting taking the frost stacks to 15 before bumping in to each other, but everything I see says 4-6 max. Weirdly enough going to 15 seemed to work better for us. Just trying to see if I'm missing something obvious.

Loxley

Man, Demon Hunters really drew the short straw with the class mounts, that thing's design is all over the place o_O

Love the new charger for Paladins. While I'd hoped Blizzard would update the existing model, having a superior alternative works too.

Fjordson

Damn...first time in a while that I wish I raided. Nighthold and what little hints we have of Tomb of Sargeras look really cool.

Speaking of goblins, a new goblin-themed mount?

602676.jpg

This weeks archaeology glitched out for anyone else? I've got a digsite for Nor'danil Wellspring appearing so far off in the ocean that you couldn't even reach it, you would simply die from fatigue first. When I go to the actual Nor'danil Wellspring there's no digsite, so basically I have two digsites to work with for the next two weeks.

This weeks archaeology glitched out for anyone else? I've got a digsite for Nor'danil Wellspring appearing so far off in the ocean that you couldn't even reach it, you would simply die from fatigue first. When I go to the actual Nor'danil Wellspring there's no digsite, so basically I have two digsites to work with for the next two weeks.
Bunch of people are. Frustrating.

I do the arch quests in the first few days after they open and it's pretty consistently a mistake. Frequently have some sort of bug or drop rate fix after I've already finished.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
What's wrong with the existing one?

I'm just baffled it took this long for their leader to get a new proper, unique model.

Their faces are stiff compared to Pandaren+new ones

the body and texture quality is ok but their faces don't animate hardly at all. Nowhere near the Pandaren's.
That's Trade Prince Gallywix, pal.

We got a new Vol'jin model and then the new troll models followed afterwards. Same with the Orcs.

Jag

Got alt number 4 to 110. Moving onto number 5. How many alts you guys maxing? It's definitely a bit more of a slog in Legion because there is much more to do right when you hit max level.

Got alt number 4 to 110. Moving onto number 5. How many alts you guys maxing? It's definitely a bit more of a slog in Legion because there is much more to do right when you hit max level.

I'm only going to do the ones that I want the class mount for. Druid, priest, hunter, and monk.

Maybe shaman if there's enough time after all of the others.

Jag

I'm only going to do the ones that I want the class mount for. Druid, priest, hunter, and monk.

Maybe shaman if there's enough time after all of the others.

I've got Hunter, Paladin, Demon Hunter and Mage at 110.

I want to do Druid next, but it's much more fun to level with flying, so I may shelve the Druid and do the DK and Monk first.

I've been getting my Class Hall missions opened up and only send my alts on XP missions. Feeding them order resources via Blood vendor. Probably got a level or 2 on each out of it.

Lomax

I do the arch quests in the first few days after they open and it's pretty consistently a mistake. Frequently have some sort of bug or drop rate fix after I've already finished.

I've waited until the second week for almost all of them, because they've fixed bugs and improved drop rates almost every single time and the rewards are basically never worth trying to rush to get.

I've waited until the second week for almost all of them, because they've fixed bugs and improved drop rates almost every single time and the rewards are basically never worth trying to rush to get.

So it's fairly consistent that there's some issues with bi-weekly archaeology digs on the first week and you should always wait for the second week to complete them. That's disappointing to hear and really makes me wish This Side Up was account-wide.

v1perz53

Like always, I'll probably max all classes eventually. I got my DH and Monk to 110 purely through XP missions (and sending resource caches) so actually hitting 110 isn't too bad if you are patient. To me, it is getting to 103 to start doing the missions that sucks, since it is the Same. Content. Every. Time. The same zones with the same quests, and really no way to level aside from that since they nerfed grinding XP and dungeon XP to the ground.

Mostly doing it because I'm interested in seeing each order campaign, and because they said you only unlock artifact skins for transmog in the future if you unlock them during legion, there are a few looks I definitely wanna preserve at some point.

That said, finally got Resto Druid hidden appearance! Last druid one I needed, thank god no more clicking these dumb soil patches every 3 days.

Strimei

I've really come around on the mage disc.

Its not what I would have chosen (I would have had some sort of self-propelled flight form thing with magic effects, or alternatively a broom all tricked out) but I like the design, its pretty neat.

Lomax

So it's fairly consistent that there's some issues with bi-weekly archaeology digs on the first week and you should always wait for the second week to complete them. That's disappointing to hear and really makes me wish This Side Up was account-wide.

It is, they fixed that the first week people started actually getting it.

They made the unlock account-wide at least though. Unless you just mean the completion progress in which case yeah, kinda silly if it's not.

Still haven't worked on any of that myself because fuck archaeology. I'm pretty much over it since finally getting my bug mount.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Not playing but someone linked me the Nighthold charts and I see Arcane and Frost at the bottom again.

Good fucking job Blizzard. And by good job I mean you guys are a bunch of incompetent shits.

Not playing but someone linked me the Nighthold charts and I see Arcane and Frost at the bottom again.

Good fucking job Blizzard. And by good job I mean you guys are a bunch of incompetent shits.

Eh not really

Alot of the fights in nighthold are aoe heavy. Ignite is going to beay out the other specs handidly.

Horde Paladin mount suits Blood Elves.

They made the unlock account-wide at least though. Unless you just mean the completion progress in which case yeah, kinda silly if it's not.

Still haven't worked on any of that myself because fuck archaeology. I'm pretty much over it since finally getting my bug mount.

It is account-wide now? Thank fuck, because I really am not going to do any archaeology on anything besides this mage. I really hope they ditch this profession moving forward with future expansions.

Strimei

It is account-wide now? Thank fuck, because I really am not going to do any archaeology on anything besides this mage. I really hope they ditch this profession moving forward with future expansions.

They made it account-wide like the day after people hit the 8 rare solves.

Amused me, that. They waited up until it was actually going to cause a problem to do it, even though people (such as myself) had been sending in reports of it for months.

Like I get that game development isn't as agile as people think it is. Even if there's an obvious solution it still takes time to implement and test properly but the WoW dev team seems kind bad at communicating anything in a timely or clear manner. Or even responding to valid feedback (i.e. Demonology Warlock's new playstyle, problems with pet A.I.).

Like I've been playing Heroes of the Storm a fair bit and the HotS dev team just seems better at responding to feedback and conveying information to its users. I get that there's an order of magnitude of difference between the two games but the HotS dev team is just more agile and responsive. And they have better patch notes.

Well to be fair, everyone with a brain was playing Fire up until this point, so people playing Frost and Arcane now probably don't have GG legendaries for it (easier to just keep playing Fire in that case if they were thinking of switching, otherwise it was die-hards/non-serious players playing the other two specs).

They also wouldn't have tier the first week, which would make a significant difference.

Besides any differences in Artifact Level (wouldn't have as much invested into Arcane/Frost as they would Fire).

And also representation - there's like 1/6 or less Frost/Arcane parses than there are Fire ones

So there's at least several factors at work here besides "OMG Frost and Arcane are shit in Nighthold!"

Strimei

I'm not raiding, so my gear isn't cutting edge, but my arcane mage is my main and I have to admit since 7.1.5 came out, I'm feeling like the damage I deal overall is down. And then factor in the nerf to the shield and the removal of a heal with cold snap and I'm struggling quite a bit in general on my main. Kinda sucks.

Still baffled why they'd remove the heal. I mean for pete's sake, fire gets a heal every blink.

mclem

Hey guys, I'm raid lead for my guild and we hit a wall on spellblade normal (we're pretty casual) and just wondering if we're just missing some obvious strategy. Arcane add phase is what's getting us, they seem to be up too long. Popping hero there but stuff gets hectic once frost marks start again. Is it just a dps check to kill those adds quicker cause we do have some low dps. Also my healers kept requesting taking the frost stacks to 15 before bumping in to each other, but everything I see says 4-6 max. Weirdly enough going to 15 seemed to work better for us. Just trying to see if I'm missing something obvious.

We're a similar guild in that we're generally strategically okay but do have to adjust our tactics a bit to accomodate poorer DPSers. That specific moment you describe is the place where we were having issues, but moving Heroism to that point alleviated them significantly - we got our first kill after moving it.

There's a few things worth bearing in mind:
For people who have significantly better single-target than AoE DPS, try to make sure they're attacking the *same* add. Reducing the numbers of adds will reduce the overall raid damage intake.
Frost Stacks: We started out going for 12, which is manageable, but risky when it gets hectic. After realising that point, cutting down to 9 was more effective. Do make sure, though, that you're not getting extra explosions. I think 4-6 may be talking heroic or Mythic.
One other arcane-related problem we had was managing the Annihilate that comes immediately before the orbs start falling and fogs start appearing - the tanks need to move, but in sync with one another and along a path that's clear of fog, and in a way that doesn't hit the melee with the attack. If you're losing tanks at the spot just before the adds arrive, might be worth planning around that moment of the fight, because it caused us problems.

All that said, have you pinned down exactly where and how things get out of control? That can be useful information to work with. Healer distraction? Just the sheer quantity of AoE damage? People not being ready for the first frost orbs because they're so focussed on the arcane adds?

The nerf to crusade/slight readjustment to how damage is done was badly needed. It's not a whole lot of fun to feel like you're doing very little outside of Crusade, even if your overall numbers are fine.

Top Bottom