• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
does anyone know?

I don't think anyone knows for sure, but it's likely character imo based on anecdotal evidence from my own characters and seeing others in guild. Seems like you get your first two legendaries on a fresh character very quickly regardless of your main. Seems to slow down for everyone after those first two though.

Strimei

Pathfinder part 2 requires the following:

-Part 1 (obviously)
-Explore the Broken Shore
-Defender of the Broken Isles: Repel Legion assaults upon each of the Broken Isles zones.
-Legionfall Commander: Earn Exalted status with the Armies of Legionfall.
-Breaching the Tomb: Complete the Legionfall campaign.

Strimei

Apparently the tier sets are literally the same from BT, just HD, though the mythic/elite pvp ones are enhanced or what-have-you.

Disappointing.

Strimei

Yeah they said it was going to be inspired by t6, but that's a shame if they're the same. Do you have a link?

Not at present, but its from someone whose word I do trust. I don't like to go to wowhead (security stuff) so I'm not exploring there but its apparently somewhere there.

Monks get a tigerman thing which is neat though.

edit: Says its based off the icons on wowhead.

Super easy. It's always been relatively quick to simply level Inscription. The time/resource sink used to be ink research. It used to take 400-600 plants to get enough pigment to create the ink and max out the research of a specific pigment to unlock glyphs associated with a specific ink. That has been significantly decreased with the removal of major glyphs. If you've got a character at 100 or cap and they have a garrison, it's ludicrously fast and easy to level Inscription to 700. Swap in a scribe hut, buy Draenor Inscription from it and just buy a bunch of Draenor herbs off of the AH to power level with.

Awesome. I guess I'll get it to 700 and wait awhile before trying for 800. There's nothing I want that requires it that high so I'll hold off until it's easier/quicker to do.

Strimei

602355.jpg

"Andiuin Wrynn? Nah, I'm...Andy...Wynne...yeah."

v1perz53

50k more resources?

Fuck, better start saving now I guess :/

I just cordoned off 250 of my ~700 blood of sargeras, hopefully I remember not to touch them until 7.2. Though I'm not looking forward to buying 250 of those Order Resource caches one at a fucking time... God those need shift click amounts.

v1perz53

Much like the Auction House and the addon Auctionator, the default WoW mailbox is so functionally bare and awful that I haven't played a single day since WotLK without the Postal addon, which adds feature like "open all". It is amazing that it took them this long to fix this, though at the same time the functionality has been available forever.

Strimei

For those interested, paladin and warlock mounts do not suddenly grow wings, they instead leave "golden/fel/fiery/shadow footprints in the sky (cool new tech!)" according to muffinus.

edit: Another neat thing:

"...also each mount of each class has custom summon and dismiss spell effects"

Set tokens for all raids from Serpentshrine to Siege of Orgrimmar have been updated to provide loot for your spec on right-click, in the same manner as newer raid set tokens. The vendor functionality of these items has not been changed.
This is a neat change.

Zackat

Much like the Auction House and the addon Auctionator, the default WoW mailbox is so functionally bare and awful that I haven't played a single day since WotLK without the Postal addon, which adds feature like "open all". It is amazing that it took them this long to fix this, though at the same time the functionality has been available forever.
Yeah, Blizzard integrates add-on features into their own UI from time to time, as you know. The AH is egregious though. I would love to have more stuff there without havinf to use auctionator.

Oh, one thing I think that needs to be added back into the game is ammo and quivers.

Before I get murdered by all Hunters, I'm only taking about aesthetics here. From what I can tell, old school quivers don't show up at all any more, even when equipped as a bag. Would be cool if they could be turned into use items that granted appearances for transmog.

When it comes to ammo, for those who may not know, in some rare cases, some ammo had special effects. For example, the old Alterac Valley ammo turned your bullets and arrows into ice shots. Don't remember if there were too many others.

Just seems like a bummer that most other classes get access to a variety of enchats but there's nothing special for bows and guns.

talking about parses

it's easy to cheese the 2nd boss on normal/heroic, during the speed up phase, just pop hero, stack up on the boss, ignore all adds, and burn him down.

mclem

From MMO-Champ:

New Factions

Armies of Legionfall - The coalition of orders dedicated to defeating the Legion at the Tomb of Sargeras and Broken Shore.
Arne Test - Paragon Reputation -
Arne Test - Paragon Reputation Stormwind - One of the last bastions of human power, this Alliance capital is ruled by the prodigal king, Varian Wrynn.
Highmountain Tribe (Paragon) - The Highmountain Tribe has dwindled in numbers over the years, and with the drogbar threat looming, seek new allies to save their homeland.
Valarjar (Paragon) - These are the chosen warriors of Odyn, sworn to his service in life and death.
Court of Farondis (Paragon) - The ghostly Court of Farondis and its allies continue the fight against an onslaught of invaders on the cursed island of Azsuna.
Dreamweavers (Paragon) - The druids and their allies in Val'sharah have guarded the Emerald Dream since time immemorial.
The Nightfallen (Paragon) - These exiled Nightborne elves suffer withdrawals after being cut off from the Nightwell. They oppose their people's alliance with the Legion and fight for some kind of redemption.
The Wardens (Paragon) - After Legion forces broke the Vault of the Wardens with the aid of Gul'dan, what few Wardens remain are determined to rebuild their prison and hunt down the terrifying beasts that were let loose when it fell.
Armies of Legionfall (Paragon) - The coalition of orders dedicated to defeating the Legion at the Tomb of Sargeras and Broken Shore.

...would that be a rank beyond Exalted?

Edit:

For those interested, paladin and warlock mounts do not suddenly grow wings, they instead leave "golden/fel/fiery/shadow footprints in the sky (cool new tech!)" according to muffinus.

2eApiOS.png

Robin64

The Paragon will be related to the bit in the patch notes that mention extra rewards for people who are at Exalted.

"Reputation earned beyond Exalted will now contribute towards earning additional rewards from Broken Isles faction emissaries."

Which is great, with them all at Exalted for a while now I haven't been finding reason to do them much. Only started again to upgrade my Legendary with the quest this week.

Acidote

OK. I think my guild is going to be stuck on HM Botanist for a while. People was so lost last night. The other bosses have been a breeze. I don't think we're gonna have futher problems after Botanist until Gul'dan himself. It took some of us a few trys to kill it in NM.

Hopefully we can start with the first MM bosses in three weeks. Maybe two if things go exceptionally well, but I don't think that's gonna happen.

Mupod

U8F2gTn.jpg

fAKz40k.jpg

Finally! Took us 3 tries, second try we were over by 20 seconds, but the last one we had about 2 minutes left. I'm glad it was Maw as that's nice and short while not having bosses that are super difficult at high levels of Tyrannical. The 5 million damage dark slashes were annoying but not too hard to work around.

Now here's hoping I don't have to do it again to get my artifact appearance once the Balance of Power questline is done. The unlock requirements don't specifically reference the achievement and I could see them pulling that kind of bs. Still kind of silly that the cosmetic reward for the hardest 5-man content is locked behind a raid.

For my fellow mages, here are the variations of our mount:

Also seems there's several colors of the paladin mount for some reason.

That is so disappointing compared to virtually every other class mount. Shaman's get some bad ass elemental, rogues get a giant raven, warriors get a dragon, mages get a floating disc.

Naw as a non mage the mage mount is easily the best, the others are over done shit, if I could chose one it'd be the mage one anytime anywhere.

Nere

Kinda disappointed from the early look of 7.2, I know it is early but still. So the tier sets will just be hd updates of T6 and also if you check the bosses the tomb of sargeras has 9 bosses less than Nighthold and only Kil'jaeden and the avatar got a new model the rest are just generic naga/night elves etc. Compare the new content here with 5.2 and Throne of Thunder. Seems the tight schedule is hurting Blizzard's quality to me.

Sölf

Kinda disappointed from the early look of 7.2, I know it is early but still. So the tier sets will just be hd updates of T6 and also if you check the bosses the tomb of sargeras has 9 bosses less than Nighthold and only Kil'jaeden and the avatar got a new model the rest are just generic naga/night elves etc. Compare the new content here with 5.2 and Throne of Thunder. Seems the tight schedule is hurting Blizzard's quality to me.

I would wait, especially with all the graphics. Remember when Marrowgar used a normal Skeletal Vrykul model?

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Sölf;228748839 said:
Well I should have the PTR still downloaded, I was on the 7.1 PTR without problems and I scanned and repaired the PTR files. I just get a "No Server are available" error when I try to login.
Yes, I receive the same message when trying to login. Servers should hopefully be up later today.

Top Bottom