• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Lomax

The Legion app doesn't seem to recognize that the new 2 hour long missions are "under 4 hours" and doesn't correctly attribute the equipment bonuses it should. Now I don't know if behind the scenes it's still calculating correctly or not, but it's making doing missions very problematic. And on other missions, I'll pick two characters and it instantly jumps to 200% and does compete as such, even though there's no clear indication of why the success rate is so high. You'd think such a simple thing would be easy to make fully functional. Of course there's still bugs that have been there since day one, like not recognizing Broll's cost reduction (and preventing you from starting a mission you should be able to) and not correctly displaying mission duration when the class hall 20% duration reduction is applied that you'd think they'd have fixed months ago, so somehow I doubt these issues will get fixed any time soon.

Jag

I have something like that on Sargeras. Was a solid raiding guild in Cata / MoP, but they moved to Tanaris sometime during my break in Warlords and now I'm basically the only person ever online.

It's sort of eerie. Hundreds of characters in the guild still, message of the day is still there, and every once in a while I'll see someone else log on. It's like post-apocalyptic.

Yeah. Dump the guild bank and guild perks and basically let people form their own friend list guilds. Hell, even guild housing would work fine with cross realm phasing.

Lomax

2 out of 3 Highmountain digsites look like they're trapped phased between the border of Thundertotem and Highmountain proper. You go to their location on the world map but they aren't present. The only one available is in a world pvp zone. I love This SIde Up.

I don't know about your particular problem but a lot of the time completing the world quests nearby will correct phasing issues. But if you haven't completed the full zone of questing you're going to have phasing issues pretty much no matter what. They've certainly improved phasing over the years but it's still pretty touchy.

Scratch that last post, none of the sites are appearing in High Mountain. With or without the student present.

Might also be a bug related to the invasions.

It's gotta be related to the invasions. But with re-enabling track digsites on my mini-map, they once again appear on my map and, more importantly, I'm able to actually survey when standing in the correct location.

\Whatever, I finished the surveying and got the quest for the spear heirloom in Nelth's Lair. This has been such a buggy expansion.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Destro essentially getting embers back, among other changes:

As we've mentioned before, we’re making a number of changes to the resource model for Destruction Warlocks in the next patch. The goal is to create smoother, more granular, less random Soul Shard generation and make Chaos Bolt casts feel more impactful.

First, for Destruction Warlocks, Soul Shards are being split into parts of 10, which we’re currently calling Soul Shard Fragments. Mechanically, this will be similar to the Mists of Pandaria resource system of Burning Embers, except we want to go with a consistent Soul Shard visual, updated Soul Shard UI (work in progress), and name for the resource across all 3 Warlock specs. Some relevant spell changes:
Incinerate generates 1 Soul Shard Fragment. Doubled on critical strikes. Fire and Brimstone (talent) will cause Incinerate to generate 1 Soul Shard Fragment per target hit, also doubled on critical strikes.
Immolate periodic damage has a 50% chance to generate 1 Soul Shard Fragment. 100% chance on critical strikes.
Conflagrate generates 6 Soul Shard Fragments.
Dimensional Rift (artifact active) generates 3 Soul Shard Fragments.

The net result of these changes is that every baseline rotational damage spell will contribute to Soul Shard generation, pushing your resource forward at a steady pace.

Second, Soul Shard generation/refund rate is being reduced overall, mainly for the single-target rotation. However, this is coupled with major damage increases to both Soul Shard spenders - Chaos Bolt and Rain of Fire. Combined, this means that Chaos Bolts will be cast less frequently, but they will hit much harder:
Soul Shard refund chance of Soul Conduit (talent) reduced to 12%. Soulsnatcher (artifact bronze trait) reduced to 3% per point.
Chaos Bolt damage increased by 40%. Rain of Fire damage increased by 25%.

For the AOE rotation, Fire and Brimstone (talent) will cause Incinerate to generate Soul Shard Fragments per target hit, which would largely push Immolate out of the AOE rotation with enough targets. Alternately, if you want to go down the route of maintaining Immolate on all targets in a clumped AOE situation, Cataclysm (talent) will have reduced cooldown (30 sec) and slightly reduced cast time, making it easier for you to do so.

As usual, everything discussed here will continue to be iterated on during 7.2.5 PTR and may change based on further playtesting and feedback.

Havoc changes:

In 7.2.5, Wreak Havoc will no longer remove the cooldown of Havoc - it will only increase Havoc's duration to 20 sec. Havoc baseline will have a 10 sec duration, 45 sec cooldown (subject to tuning).

Havoc's cooldown has gradually crept down over the years, resulting in very high uptime, and culminating in 100% uptime via Wreak Havoc. This has made Havoc a pretty forgettable button in a multi-target situation. You take Wreak Havoc, apply Havoc once every 20 seconds, then go about your single-target rotation as usual. Instead of being an important actual cooldown that you planned your casts around, it became a button you always had to just apply first, in order to start doing your rotation.

With Havoc not having 100% uptime, gameplay-wise Destruction will care more about when you generate Soul Shards, how you bank them, and how you prepare to spend them with Havoc coming off cooldown. Additionally, with Chaos Bolt casts becoming relatively rarer but dealing more damage, those times when you do have Havoc available will be even more meaningful.

Despite these changes to Havoc, I want to state that we still want Destruction to stay among the top several 2-target specs. Destruction has a clear niche of being great at 2-targets, especially 2-target spread out (which some specs can't handle as well) and we don't intend to disrupt that.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
As far as I can tell you don't get any Legionfall rep from invasions, right? It's still pretty much just Broken Isle WQ's?

As far as I can tell you don't get any Legionfall rep from invasions, right? It's still pretty much just Broken Isle WQ's?

Nope, just the WQs and turning in resources which is marginally grindable. (You could spend maybe 10-20+ minutes or something for 150 rep by looting chests).

Gonna take forever to get the last 7.5k rep needed. Like 2-3 weeks of doing every broken shore WQ every day.

It's weird that invasions don't give any rep, but whatever.

Magnus

Nope, just the WQs and turning in resources which is marginally grindable. (You could spend maybe 10-20+ minutes or something for 150 rep by looting chests).

Gonna take forever to get the last 7.5k rep needed. Like 2-3 weeks of doing every broken shore WQ every day.

Nethershard rewards from doing all 4 WQs during an invasion seem high. And if every 100 gets you 150+ rep, that'll help the grind. (Getting 180 as a human with the DMF hat on)

edit- nm, I'm confusing nethershards and war supplies..

v1perz53

I think the rare mobs that come with the Nether Disruptor are 500 rep each, and there's likely some continuation of the weekly quest chain that has been giving ~1500 rep each time, so it won't be THAT bad, but still not fast. I'm ~8000 rep away, I'd estimate it to take another 5-6 days. Honestly, I'm just glad they made it Revered not Exalted...

Anoregon

Wow, Pandaria is amazing. Jade Forest is so gorgeous and the quests are mostly fun.

Yeah, I actually have that fond nostalgic feeling about Pandaria that I tend to have for Outland and Northrend, and definitely don't have for the cata zones and Draenor.

I didnt like Outlands. Cata zones were all pretty good.. The sea zone was fun but, kinda dragged and had a underwhelming wtf ending that ruined it. Mt. H was really fun and had some cool moments.

As far as zones/quests go:

Vanilla>>>>>Lich King > Draenor=Pandaria=Burning Crusade >>>> Legion > Cata.

This is based on the initial impressions when the expansions launched. Some of the older expansions dont hold up anymore as well as they did back then. Played every expansion at launch and Legions zones have been the most disappointing. They just feel soulless without an identity, no memorable soundtracks, characters, nothing.....I was so excited about Valsharah, finally getting Mal and Tyrande back in the storyline again...and that zone with the whole quest chain ended up being lame as fuck....

As far as overall experience goes, nothing will ever beat Vanilla for me. It was the best time to play wow and the best gaming experience of my life. Server community was just something else.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Man, why'd they make it so hard to get exalted with the new rep? I've done all the WQs and I'm not even Revered yet.

Really trying to extend this Broken Shore thing.

v1perz53

Is it some new style of griefing or something for people to swap their WQ groups to raid so you stop getting credit? Keep seeing this happen, gets kind of annoying since the raids are never full and half the time you just get invited back to that one with WQGF.

As far as zones/quests go:

Lich King > Draenor=Pandaria=Burning Crusade >>>> Legion > Cata.

Interesting, I have nearly the exact opposite list. Mine is:

Pandaria > Cata/NewVanilla > Legion > WoD >> WotLK >>>>>>>>> TBC

But this is from a perspective of someone who just levelled a character from 1-110 doing every quest in the game, not how I think back about the zones. I loved both Wrath and TBC when they were current, but going back to do them now the zones are AWFUL, there is almost no story and the gameplay is terrible. Well, TBC is awful, WotLK is just kinda bad, at least there's some semblance of story in WotLK zones.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Nothing is cooler than going into Howling Fjord for the first time on those boats and then going straight into Grizzly Hills.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Quest zone wise I think it's Draenor > Panda ~ LK > Legion = Cata 1-60 > Cata 85 (way too much variance) > BC >>>>>>old Vanilla.

A little of my LK placement might be nostalgia, but even while some of the zones are too spread out, having the end to the LK storyline from WC3, and stuff like vehicles during the quests still are pretty slick.

Legion has too many odd decisions (not even including the scaling leaving a lack of sense of progression throughout zones) that I'm not super fond of, personally.

WotLK zones have a lot of the early vehicle stuff which was awkward and bad when it was current and only looks worse now.

Panda > Cata (sans Uldum) > Legion > WoD > Uldum > WotLK > TBC

I want to rank WoD lower because of how stupid (even for WoW) the premise is but I can't reasonably put it below the giant wasted opportunity of Uldum.

WotLK zones have a lot of the early vehicle stuff which was awkward and bad when it was current and only looks worse now.

Panda > Cata (sans Uldum) > Legion > WoD > Uldum > WotLK > TBC

I want to rank WoD lower because of how stupid (even for WoW) the premise is but I can't reasonably put it below the giant wasted opportunity of Uldum.

WoD is so deep on my shit list for not delivering fully on its premise. Really were the darkest years in wow for me.

So far: Panda(SoO was a pugging dream and the expansion was contnet rich) > Legion (Getting there!) > Wrath (Good times, but messy when it came to Guilds and Friends mingling) > TBC (Probably Nostalgia but raiding 25 hrs a week at my peak was super fun if unreasonable) > Vanilla (Great but kinda lonely, didn't have any friends/Family to enjoy end game with, raided some but never got very far bast Nelf) > Cat (Was Pretty Meh) > Wod (Damnit WoD, you could've been so good :( )

Kangi

WoD is so deep on my shit list for not delivering fully on its premise. Really were the darkest years in wow for me.

Mists seems like the only recent expansion that did just about everything it set out to do and then some. Cataclysm dropped storylines all over the place. WoD dropped entire landmasses.

And yeah... Uldum, man. Second only to Hyjal in long-awaited zones. Beautiful desert full of titan lore. One giant Indiana Jones parody. With pseudo-Nazis. Why.

I guess Katamari-ing the gnomes was fun...

Zelias

Banned
Yeah Uldum was such a let-down. At least I enjoy the other Cata zones (except Twilight Highlands, which I find boring).

C836c3CV0AAJIox.jpg

kill me

I would rather be grinding Tanaan 2.0 than doing WQ's on the Broken Shore or grinding invasions for Nethershards for pitiful amounts of Legionfall rep for the buildings I don't care about. If flying wasn't gated behind Legionfall rep I wouldn't do anything involved with the Broken Shore or Invasions. There's simply nothing compelling about either. So far 7.2 is kind of a disappointment. At this point I'm starting to feel pretty burnt out on all of the end-game activities, the AP grind in particular. I think once I get flying I'll evaluate if I want to keep playing Legion or not. Maybe I'll just do the Loremaster grind through Cata and MoP finally.

Played every expansion at launch and Legions zones have been the most disappointing. They just feel soulless without an identity...

To me Legion's zones all feel like cramped remixes of previous zones, jam packed with mobs and without any breathing room. Azsuna is Desolace, Valsharah is Ashenvale, Highmountain is just Mulgore with a mountain replacing the planes, Stormheim is a more mountain-y Howling Fjord and Suramar just feels like a modern Eversong Woods. The Withered even remind me of the mana starved wretches you're killing in the belf starting area.

Hixx

Had a feeling the new world boss would drop the cloak as it was the only item that wasn't an upgrade. Last 2 weeks I've had nothing but cloaks and rings drop, so I was not surprised at all to see the cloak... but Maleficus is very generous.

UulQhQd.png

Bonus rolled for banter and got a relic that Titanforged to 915 too.

Titanforge jesus was with me today.

Lain

I got the cloak too (on my lock), only mine didn't tf and I already have the legendary cloak so it wouldn't have been an upgrade in any case. Wish it was the wrist, that would have been a nice upgrade for me.

v1perz53

Guardian druid is too strong so...

they're removing the only reliable source of magic damage reduction we have. 30% reduction with essentially 100% uptime if you want. But it will be totally balanced to fully remove that without adding anything...

I get that druid is seen as OP, but this is NOT the way to balance things. On a boss like Ivanyr in Arcway who only casts, a druid will essentially take the same damage if they alt tab the whole fight versus actively playing optimally. And like half the fights in M+ dungeons are based around bosses that do a semi regular large magic attack that should be mitigated, like Nightbane's breath or Ymiron's Dark Slash, gonna be super fun and engaging gameplay to just sit and take those, and hope I live (abilities that happen far too often to use CDs for every time). Just add a god damn cooldown to the ability, 20 seconds would be fine (same as DH, the only other tank whose main AM doesn't affect magic damage), but don't leave me with no way to mitigate the main sources of spike damage for almost every boss in the game... Nerf all the other passive things you want, but please leave the one active thing that takes some thought and skill.

mclem

I suspect the quest from Maiev may be a weekly.

Reasoning: The quest popped up on Tuesday (before the EU reset), and I picked it up then, but no invasion was going on at that time. The following day, I *did* do an invasion, and was surprised - after completing it - that it turned out that I didn't have the quest in my logs. Heading over to Deliverance Point, Maiev had the quest for me, but I'm sure I took it on the Tuesday. After taking the quest, on doing the next invasion I was able to hand it in.

This pattern works for a model where the Maiev quest is a weekly, and incomplete quests are removed from your log on reset.

(Alternatively, I could just have been incorrect about having taken the quest. But I don't think I am)

Lain

The new world bosses on Broken Shore have the ilvl of the loot they drop tied to something? On my paladin, hunter and warlock it was 900, but on my DH it's shown as 890 (in the adventure guide).

Edit: once I reached the broken shore, the adventure guide had the loot as 900+. So weird.

v1perz53

I suspect the quest from Maiev may be a weekly.

Reasoning: The quest popped up on Tuesday (before the EU reset), and I picked it up then, but no invasion was going on at that time. The following day, I *did* do an invasion, and was surprised - after completing it - that it turned out that I didn't have the quest in my logs. Heading over to Deliverance Point, Maiev had the quest for me, but I'm sure I took it on the Tuesday. After taking the quest, on doing the next invasion I was able to hand it in.

This pattern works for a model where the Maiev quest is a weekly, and incomplete quests are removed from your log on reset.

(Alternatively, I could just have been incorrect about having taken the quest. But I don't think I am)

The Maiev 1500 rep quest is probably the weekly advancement of the Broken Shores story, like Insurrection was for suramar but on a lesser scale. That quest popped the next part in that achievement, so I'm pretty sure it was a one time quest. That said, it is also likely whatever step happens this Tuesday will also award rep.

Robin64

Got 900 pants and a 900 cloak from the Broken Shore world boss. Stats weren't amazing, but whatever, they were still definite upgrades from 865 gear.

Top Bottom