• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT9| People still play this? Isn't it from 2004

Zelias

Banned
900 chest from the world boss, not bad, but had to rejig my gear a bit to keep the 2 piece tier set bonus.

Also got nothing from the bonus roll but the seal was refunded back to me at least.

The biggest shot of rep was that weekly invasion quest but you can get a steady amount of rep by just doing the WQ's and turning in Legionfall War Supplies. You also get AP and Nethershards for the resource turn-in, which is kind of helpful. There's also a daily quest from a goblin south of Deliverance Point that nets you Legionfall rep and some AP.

Lain

I found a flying disk on the broken shores today. I used it and for 2 minutes I could fly around and the disk did some nice damage to mobs. I have no idea what it was all about but I guess it was a cool thing.

Fjordson

if it makes you feel any better i got 900 wrist
Lol damn.

Also this rep grind for flying is terrible. I hate that Blizzard is anti-farming these days. If I'm willing to farm rep for hours like back in the day then I should be able to. Waiting for new world quests to pop or for that single invasion per day sucks ass.

Zelias

Banned
Halfway through honoured with Armies of Legionfall. It's a bit of a slog but I'll get there, I just keep doing the WQs and killing the bosses I come across for war supplies to turn in.

Also just got the Frost Mage hidden appearance. Just Arcane to go.

Jag

Got my 5th 110. Invasions are insane for leveling. Getting a huge chunk of a level just tagging the named Elite quest mobs (also had the DMF buff). Wouldn't be surprised to see a nerf to the XP gain.

Once I get flying (2k to go!), invasions will be my alt leveling strategy. But I'll be farming the world bosses on all my toons.

Does anyone have a mod that tracks what World Bosses your alts have killed for the week?

Edit: Found one called World Boss Status, but doesn't take the new Broken Shore World bosses.

Moff

I'm at 856/12000, it's just so boring, and I was really looking forward to flying, and the revered shard.

Will we get tons of rep from the weekly quests leading up to the tomb?

Lomax

Got my 5th 110. Invasions are insane for leveling. Getting a huge chunk of a level just tagging the named Elite quest mobs (also had the DMF buff). Wouldn't be surprised to see a nerf to the XP gain.

Once I get flying (2k to go!), invasions will be my alt leveling strategy. But I'll be farming the world bosses on all my toons.

Does anyone have a mod that tracks what World Bosses your alts have killed for the week?

Edit: Found one called World Boss Status, but doesn't take the new Broken Shore World bosses.

What level were you able to do invasion world quests? My friend is on her first 101 but they don't pop for her and I'm wondering if she has to have them unlocked on another character or something. She was getting 32k xp per tag at 100 but at 101 it's only 8k which doesn't really seem that worthwhile.

Robin64

What level were you able to do invasion world quests? My friend is on her first 101 but they don't pop for her and I'm wondering if she has to have them unlocked on another character or something. She was getting 32k xp per tag at 100 but at 101 it's only 8k which doesn't really seem that worthwhile.

You need to have access to them on a 110 before they become account-wide things you can do on alts.

Jag

I'm at 856/12000, it's just so boring, and I was really looking forward to flying, and the revered shard.

Will we get tons of rep from the weekly quests leading up to the tomb?

We got 1500 for the first one, but it's anyone's guess. I'm thinking there will be at least one decent sized rep quest a week.

Lomax

I'm just not stressing over the rep, it will be nice to have flying but I wasn't expecting 7.2 until June anyway, so anything before that is a bonus. I get a few tokens here and there and do the weekly stuff and occasional world quests and I'm on pace to have it in a couple more weeks. I'm kinda glad there's no way to really grind it because I might be tempted but once it's done it's done and we'll have it for the next year and that's all that matters.

lazygecko

Didn't realise just how faceroll retribution was. I literally got the retri artifact yesterday and now I'm already topping damage in battlegrounds.

lazygecko

Prot is stupid fun in PvP as well. Apart from just being nigh unkillable, I also spec into Hand of the Protector which provides some really solid off-healing since it works entirely on percentage. Put another point into the new trait slot that buffs it as well making it even more powerful. I'm often not that far behind the actual healers in total healing done for a BG session.

My strategy as prot is usually to get 2-3 enemy players to fight me outside the objectives, just generally be a pain in the ass in order to keep heat off our team.

News about the command center!!!!!!!

- The lucrative AP mission takes three days and gives 425k~ AP at AK28

- The Cathedral world quests/missions dont give rep

- The most useful part of these structures is turning in supplies to build them

- Fuck you

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

- Fuck you

Hating Broken Shore is a feature.

Also noticed that the Invasions end immediately now. Was doing the quest before you get the invasion scenario in Highmountain today and watched it disappear right in front of me while the one for overgrown crops showed up.

So their fix to Invasions was not to make them not stupid, it was to become extremely anal about when they expire. Cool!!! That's the solution??????

Zelias

Banned

- Fuck you
Amazing. Sometimes I have to wonder if Blizzard made everything in 7.2 a badly-designed disappointment as a joke.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
We should try reverse psychology and just pretend we like Broken Shore so they try to make it worse but end up actually making it good.

LOL @ Command Center features. Who the fuck ran the numbers on this shit?

Putting my supplies back into the Mage Tower at this point. Should be able to complete the challenge next time it's up.

At 7460/12000 as of today. So maybe a little less than a week off at this point.

Fjordson

- Fuck you
No rep? What the hell....the time gating on this absolutely ridiculous.

Guess the only useful building is the Nether Ray one for the world boss.

Also apparently there was an invasion up early this morning for the US servers, so that's another one I've missed. Fuck this patch tbh.

heres some proof btw

t3_64ejr2

Harder mission
Longer mission
1/3rd the AP

You'd think someone at Blizzard would have noticed this is really, really fucking stupid?

Jag

Also noticed that the Invasions end immediately now. Was doing the quest before you get the invasion scenario in Highmountain today and watched it disappear right in front of me while the one for overgrown crops showed up.

So their fix to Invasions was not to make them not stupid, it was to become extremely anal about when they expire. Cool!!! That's the solution??????

Yep. I was mid stage 2 when everything just vanished. I didn't lose my quest progress, but it wasn't how it happened before. Frankly, I don't have a problem if something ends in 10 minutes, it should end, but it needs to be consistent.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
heres some proof btw

Harder mission
Longer mission
1/3rd the AP

You'd think someone at Blizzard would have noticed this is really, really fucking stupid?

I saw this too., and all I can do is laugh.

My only assumption is that someone at HQ forgot to up-tune the #s on the mission board.

But the missions not giving any sort of rep is just in line with the other 'fuck you keep playing and giving us money' design Blizz apparently has in mind with 7.2, even aside from unlocking flying.

There's a world quest up in the Broken Shores right now (US) called "Behind Enemy Portals" that is apparently not giving any rep. I just did it and didn't get any and there's a thread about it on the forums.

mclem

But the missions not giving any sort of rep is just in line with the other 'fuck you keep playing and giving us money' design Blizz apparently has in mind with 7.2, even aside from unlocking flying.

FWIW, the world quest bosses from the Nether Disruptor do give 500 rep.

v1perz53

Someone posted a spreadsheet of the invasion timings for US/EU on reddit the other day (based on the 6 hr duration 12 hr cooldown), does anyone have a link to it or something similar? Trying to see which ones I'll be able to catch.

At least class stuff is up on reset?

7.2 feels like there was nobody looking over things, making sure they made sense and were consistent. It's just sort of all thrown together with no oversight.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
FWIW, the world quest bosses from the Nether Disruptor do give 500 rep.

True, that gives at least some incentive for geared mains who otherwise wouldn't really want any of the world boss gear.

Apparently, the AP from the challenge mission also got hot-fixed according to MMO-champ. Not sure what the AK knowledge is (prob 28), but the picture showed 5.3 mil.

v1perz53

What mission?

edit: Looks like you get it in your class hall and it's related to the command center? How do you actually unlock it though? I don't have it evidently.

You have to go to the broken shores and actually build the building, then it shows up on your mission table. Only EU though, NA doesn't have the building yet.

v1perz53

Meh.

Give me a mission for 5k Legionfall rep, Blizz.

Ew gross, that sounds awful. I'd get flying 5 days sooner but then I'd have a useless mission for the rest of the expansion and on all subsequent characters.

Dunno why everyone is so up in arms over this rep, how instant do people need things to be? Patch has been out 12 days and I've gotten 12k rep so far (I'm half through Honored) doing ~4-5 WQs per day and nothing else. No farming treasures or rares or sentinax or anything. I'll get revered in ~6 more days, possibly faster if the new part of the weekly chain awards rep this Tuesday. 18 days to unlock flying on every character for the rest of the expansion really isn't that big of a deal, and doing 5 WQs a day that take about 20 minutes total surely isn't much of a time investment either.

Ew gross, that sounds awful. I'd get flying 5 days sooner but then I'd have a useless mission for the rest of the expansion and on all subsequent characters.

Dunno why everyone is so up in arms over this rep, how instant do people need things to be? Patch has been out 12 days and I've gotten 12k rep so far (I'm half through Honored) doing ~4-5 WQs per day and nothing else. No farming treasures or rares or sentinax or anything. I'll get revered in ~6 more days, possibly faster if the new part of the weekly chain awards rep this Tuesday. 18 days to unlock flying on every character for the rest of the expansion really isn't that big of a deal, and doing 5 WQs a day that take about 20 minutes total surely isn't much of a time investment either.

It's a drawn out rep faction that takes longer to do on live than PTR and is part of a piece of content that has largely been viewed as either buggy, incomplete or poorly implemented.

I don't think it's that hard to understand, to be honest. Or was that more a rhetorical question? Can't tell over text.

Top Bottom