• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WoW Cataclysm Expansion speculation

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Nirolak said:
Well we'll find out in about a week when Blizzcon sets off if it has any accuracy to it.

No, we already know about the validity of that list :p

I wasn't saying "it's my opinion that that list isn't real." I'm saying "That list isn't real."

Try to find any instance of it posted anywhere on the net prior to when Lich King was announced. You won't be able to. The earliest references you'll find will be post LK-reveal, but with the poster saying "This list was originally posted in 2002/2003/2004."

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
GDJustin said:
No, we already know about the validity of that list :p

I wasn't saying "it's my opinion that that list isn't real." I'm saying "That list isn't real."

Try to find any instance of it posted anywhere on the net prior to when Lich King was announced. You won't be able to. The earliest references you'll find will be post LK-reveal, but with the poster saying "This list was originally posted in 2002/2003/2004."
True, the first reference is September 2007 and WotLK was announced in August 2007.

However, assuming the OP is true, the person who made this had to at least be a really good guesser as they nailed Gilneas, Grim Batol, and the concept of all the various islands throughout the Maelstrom and Azeroth.

Slavik81

Finally. The old world seriously needs a huge makeover. Fixing levels 1 - 60 is so much more important than making more stuff for levels 80+.

Door2Dawn said:
The warcraft brand belongs to blizzard and only blizzard. They can do whatever the hell they want with it.
I don't exactly understand what you're trying to say. The quality of a story is not depandant on who it's written by. If I wrote "The Raven", it would still be a brilliant poem. Being written by Edgar Allen Poe wasn't what made it great. Similarily, just because something was written by Poe doesn't automatically make it great.

Yes, Blizzard can do whatever the hell they want with their game. That doesn't neccessarily mean that their changes are good.

Xabora

Posted this in the online wow thread so I'll post it here so the lurkers can see it.

This is interesting.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?topic=93561.0
Hothgor said:
With the imminent announcement of World of Warcraft - Catacylsm, it only seems fitting that some attention is paid to the 'clues' already placed in the game.  Perhaps the most glaring example of what Azeroth will look like can be found in HoL and Ulduar.

WoWScrnShot_081409_205339.jpg

This is the Eastern Kingdoms.  This area of the world does not seem to be affected very much by the events to come.

WoWScrnShot_081409_205324.jpg

This is Kalimdor.  Notice how the entire central area of the continent has been devastated, presumably by the Cataclysm.  You can pick out Azshara fairly easily, as well as Winterspring, Teldrassil and the Azure/Bloodmyst Isles.  What is missing, however, seems to be The Barrens, Stonetalon Peaks, and PARTS of Dustwallow Marsh.  The big island on the right seems to be located approximately where Theramore is now, so perhaps Jania is safe...for now...

Of course, none of this is probably new to most of you guys, but in Ulduar, there is a 'hidden' easter egg/treat:

WoWScrnShot_081409_205640.jpg

This is Azeroth.  No really, it is!  Take a look.  Its in the hallway leading to Algalon's room.  You can see Azshara, Dun Morogh, Lake Lordamere and other important land marks.  Want a better view?

WoWScrnShot_081409_205545.jpg

Once again you can clearly see 'northern' Azeroth.  Winterspring and Azshara are clearly visible from Kalimdor, Quel'Danas and Eversong Woods can also be seen, and Lake Lordamere is clearly visible.  In Northrend, you can clearly see Icecrown Glacier, and careful examination reveals the Caldera and Grizzly Hills.  Now from the other side...

WoWScrnShot_081409_205552.jpg

You can easily see Ungoro, Tanaris, 1k Needles, and the Isle of Dread.  You can also barely make out the last portion of Durotar, and across the ocean you can see the edge of Dun Morogh and Stranglethorn Vale.

Now yes, I know the world is on its 'side', but perhaps that is simply part of the story line.  Conspicuously absent is the Maelstrom...perhaps its 'vanishing' is a direct cause of the Cataclysm.  We will find out next week, hopefully!  In the meantime, I present to you the 'corrected' new world of Azeroth from WoW-Cataclysm:

NewAzeroth.jpg

/discuss

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Nirolak said:
True, the first reference is September 2007 and WotLK was announced in August 2007.

However, assuming the OP is true, the person who made this had to at least be a really good guesser as they nailed Gilneas, Grim Batol, and the concept of all the various islands throughout the Maelstrom and Azeroth.

Right. But the thing is, everyone has been speculating since WoW launched that the first 4 expacs would be Outland, Northrend, ED, and Maelstrom, in some order.

I mean, the maelstrom is on the game map, for pete's sake. We all knew it would be coming, at some point: Ditto for Northrend, since WoW takes place just after War3. As for ED... there's portals to the Emerald Dream littered all over Azeroth.

That's why expansion speculation has always seemed a little silly to me. I mean, I'm as excited to learn the details as anyone, but Blizz hasn't exactly been shy about telegraphing their longterm, "big picture" vision for the areas they would be expanding into...

Edit: Just to clarify a little bit, the what of each individual expansion is never that surprising. What's exciting and what can lead to surprises is the execution. Just because we all knew Undermine will be implemented some day, that doesn't mean we know anything about how it will look. So knowing these things doesn't make them less exciting.

Blackface

Banned
Pretty pumped for the new expansion if this is true. It's pretty much exactly what I wanted. I have been saying forever they need to rip apart of the old-world and re-do it. It could be amazing. For older WoW players who have been playing since launch like myself, you will be able to spot every tiny little difference. It will really be awesome.

That being said, I do not want to go back into old instances unless they are totally re-done. As fun and nostalgic as they are, they are also completely out-dated design wise. Although Blizzard knows this and will probably change it.

It sounds like this expansion is going to be the largest one yet in terms of content/lore. I really hope it all turns out to be true.

Also, to the person saying it will be out in 2012. That is unlikely. Icecrown will probably be the last major patch coming to WOTLK before the next expansion. There is simply not enough left in Northrend to delay the release of something new for two more years.

laserbeam

Banned
Blizzard already said before the next expansion would be much sooner as they want these coming out more frequent.

Blizzard going all the way back to Pre-BC had the goal of an Expansion every year. They had alot of staff upheavels Pre-BC causing its delay and we have already seen Alpha Servers of Cataclysm running so it all adds up that we could see a beta start before year end

Xabora

midwestern_stylings said:
I love how I read most of these rumours for both expansions before they came out :lol

Might as well add this in:
http://wow.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=417502

Well,

With the failing economy and the initial 4% stock fall Blizzard decided to take precautions and shave about seventy of its "fluff" employees as they call them. We do little things around Blizzards HQ. Honestly it just looks good on a college graduates resume. But I was there long enough to make some decent friends in the company. And I learned a few things from some friends who shared with me things they ought not be sharing.

Like the details and plans for the next expansion that they have already started on.

Right now it is tentatively being called "Depths of the Dark Tide" or sometimes the name "Depths of the Emerald Tide", or "The Surging Depths" all names are getting tossed around for finality. DotDT Great acronym right? Well anyways, as always, Blizzard keeps coming up with new ideas to keep the game fresh. They have some real whoppers they are planning apparently.

Here is just a few things I heard/seen would be in there.

-No New Races
-Two New Hero Classes
*Archdruid
*Blade Master
-New Ocean Exploration System
-Underwater and Sea Top Siege Combat with Customizable boats and submarines.
-"Shove Off" Zoning from anywhere in Azeroth
-Level Cap is only 85* There are some discrepancies.

Apparently Azshara has been cooking something up. Deep within The Rift of the Maelstrom, Azshara has been up something new. She has began using Titan Technology along with the dark energies still resonating from the Well of Eternity to... create water? That's right. She creates huge pulses of water in the Rift that spew up into the world creating massive tidal waves causing the ocean to slowly encroach on the rest of the world. Flooding the world is her dream, however there are side effects she wasn't expecting. The floods or named by the outside world as "The Surge" are pulses of stormy waves that crash into everything raising the water level. This is sending the world out of balance and adversely affecting the Emerald dream, causing the nightmare to swell like the tides rising in the real world. This apparently colapses the planet eventually, meaning all the heroes of the world have the stop Azshara before she screws things up.

Tentative Zone Lists

Zones work differently after you leave Gilneas. They are separated into Seas. Subzones are the islands and various other thing's you come across. The subzone islands aren't as big as normal zones, but the ocean is supposively going to be of grandeur size.

Gilneas
Finally you get to see behind the gate. Gilneas led by Tarn Greymane finally opens it's gates as the Surge threatens to over take them. Because of this calamity both horde and alliance can prove themselves through a series of phase quests.

They are leading supplier of boats at the beginning of the expansion.

Kul Tiras
One of the main islands, A town called Boralus will be a major port here for the alliance and will be used a bit through out the expansion. It's one of the few non tropical islands in the expansion. This is where the alliance starts to first learn about the Surge.

Tel Abim
Tropical island of Tel Bim. Concept art is showing it to be a bright and tropical paradise with very scenic beaches. The Goblins are trying to start tourism/vacation resort here, but of course they need you to clean the island up for them first.

Zandalar Island
Whats an expansion without a Troll area. The trolls are trying to get their great land tamed and are attempting something called "Land Mending" involving weaving ley lines to repair their fractured island. There are various tribes of Trolls here from all around the world, friendly and unfriendly.

Kezan
The big island is home to many things including the home town of the Goblins... Undermine. The Goblins facing the Surge agreed to let the alliance and the horde use Undermine as a home base to combat the Maelstrom. This will be the one of the two next Shattarah/Dalaran type cities. Goblin submarines are popular here as well.

The Broken Islands
Home of the Blade Master's starting island of Saramar, The Stormreaver Bay, Tomb of Sargeras, one of the first 5 mans.(And no, there is no Sageras in his Tomb)

Plunder Island
Home of the Bloodsail. A 5 man will be here as well as quite a bit quests dealing with the various attacks all over the South Sea's dealing with their raiding and ... well... plundering. The Bloodsails are almost as popular as Murlocs this time around. They are everywhere.

The Maelstrom is a main zone, with a bunch of subzones in it as well.
There are alot of 5 mans surrounding the main rift as well as the capital of Nazjatar. This zone is supposively massive. All of these zones are underwater mainly and require the goblin submarines to explore. A lot of siege vehicles come into play here. Much like the Boats work on the surface of the ocean, in the maelstrom the submarines come into play. Of course a lot of the zones have "air pocket" areas in them where you get off of your sub to explore.
The Rift is where Azshara is producing her mighty Surge and will be one of the final raid instances in the expansion.

Ok, this sounds like alot of zones... but the islands really aren't that big. All of the Ocean is maybe 4 zones.

This is where the Emerald dream comes into play along with the Arch Druid Hero class.

The Roaming Flats
The ever changing lands of the Roaming Flats... built to be a defense mechanism against invaders of the Emerald dream, of course the nightmare infection has messed things up here. It is highly confusing and never looks the same twice. From what I hear this is one of blizzard's new babies. The next step after phasing quests. The zone actually changes every hour and locations relocate themselves. This zone has a huge quest chain that you need to complete to get to the rest of the emerald dream.

The Dying Paradise
The most corrupt part of the emerald dream. Dying trees slowly fall down to the ground. Horrific twisted versions of azeroth animals roam attacking anything near them. Black darkness spreads in some areas while it looks like fall time in others. A huge offensive of druids attempts to push back the corruption.

The Tangled Sky
This sounds like the most interesting zone in expansion imho. A series of winding roots tangled through the sky. Not sure how this one will work to be honest. But it sure is... different?

The Eye of Ysera
Overly bright green energy spews in this still pristine part of the emerald dream. The flows are trying to push back the nightmare infection leaving pretty little rows of flowers and trees in it's wake. The architecture is unique slightly similar to the night elf structures. There is a massive town here and will act as another Dalaran/Shattarah.

The Sleeping Grove and The Breathing Grove
The starting area for the Archdruids. Not much else is known.

Ocean/Depths Exploration/Shove Off
Boats! Submarines!
The new system is going to involve you actually building and customizing you're own boats to sail the sea's with. The sea's are very open and full of little cavern's and other things in the middle of nowhere. Well this is what they are aiming for anyway. Pirate attacks and sea monsters to follow.
This is going to be one of the new selling points come the expansion. Boat and submarine battles amongst players.

You get to customize your boats with different parts improving it's performance, speed, armor, and weapons. They will be using the same system as siege vehicles but they will probably add more bells and whistles.

Also you can upgrade from boats at 84 to submarines. This will be the only way to enter Maelstrom. Subs will be much like boats be be underwater. The better parts will come from engineers. This will be their new direction. They will get epic parts like blacksmithing gets epic weapons.

Oh, no flying mounts when over the ocean. The Surge prevents you from flying. Enjoy the sea's. You can enter the sea's off any beach in Azeroth by going over the fatigue area while in a boat.

New Leveling System
They are pushing forward with a more story driven progression. Northrend has some great story driven quest lines.
You still gain experience but there caps. Upon reaching enough experience to level you must complete quest chains to unlock the next level. They will be soloable. It's just in concept stages right now, and they are expecting a lot of whining if they do decide to go through with it. But they want players to feel progression just besides gear and seeing new raids.
It might not make it through, but how many other things that are planned get scrapped?

Archdruids

Archdruids... why those are just leader druids. And who would want to play a normal druid when there are ARCH druids. Yeah I know right. But they do play quite differently.
The Archdruids are the druids trapped in the emerald dream. These druids focus more on the ethereal aspect of druids. Their abilities are suppose to reflect their control over the emerald dream. No spells have really been discussed that I personally know of.
They are going to continue like death knights and have an impressive starter zone inside the Emerald dream that involves them fighting off the nightmare and waking themselves up. They work with Malfurion himself.

Blade Masters:
These clever brutes have taken up residence in the Saramar ruins. They use it as their training grounds testing their trainees on the residents of the ruins. The whole zone is to prove yourself. Half of the starter zone is you on a large boat with other graduated blade masters heading back to the mainland. You fight off sea monsters and pirates etc on what they try to make feel like a long journey home.

Blade Masters are going to tri-wield. They will equip 2 one-handed items and then 1 two hander. I am not sure exactly how that works but different skills use different weapons. They have a "reactive" skill set. Where certain skills are only usable after using other skills. An example I was given was Sliding Slash, it's like a damaging charge, after using that attack two other skills become available. Each of those two skills break off into 2 or three other possible skills. So different attacks are available depending on how you start the fight. You would have a whole different slew of options if you started the fight upclose instead of using sliding slash to gain distance. If you don't use the next in the set of skills in 5 seconds, it starts over again. There are also finishers... There are 5 tiers of skills in the set up. Sliding slash being a first tier and so on. You have a special attack button that will do a different attack based on the tier you are on and the last used skill. It ends the combo.

Anyways... thats all...

EDarkness

Hey Xabora, when are you going to get that Death Knight blade UI mod out? It's been many months since WotLK came out. I've been waiting patiently. ;)

I see the expansion discussion is in full swing. Not sure what to believe, but I somehow doubt that Blizz will release two new classes in one expansion. Though, I do like the idea of not having Worgen and Goblins as the new races. Just so unoriginal in my opinion and not that interesting.

Alex

That post you threw up Xabora sounds as vanilla and awful as you can get. It'd be good for big fans, but I really feel with a third expansion at this point in time a curveball like tearing apart the world and playing off of that would be really interesting.

Blizzcon sure will be interesting to see though. Trying to read through a couple of pages of the MMO Champion Cataclysm topic makes me want to put a fucking railroad spike through my head. God, I hate the internet sometimes.

Xabora

EDarkness said:
Hey Xabora, when are you going to get that Death Knight blade UI mod out? It's been many months since WotLK came out. I've been waiting patiently. ;)
Its been on curse since like, Jul/Aug 2008.

Alex said:
That post you threw up Xabora sounds as vanilla and awful as you can get. It'd be good for big fans, but I really feel with a third expansion at this point in time a curveball like tearing apart the world and playing off of that would be really interesting.
Ehh, info is info.

But that post was from Sept 2008.

Belfast

I think the post Xabora linked to is from September of last year. It sounds like it could be legit, but only insomuch as they kept several of the concepts while completely scrapping others (new classes).

Barso

Banned
Do you live in Belfast?
Can anyone give any advice to whether lord of the rings online is worth investing the time and money into?

Belfast

Xiaoki said:
But all of this info isnt coming from MMO-Champion, WoW Insider or Blizz Planet. All these leaks are originating from a post on the Something Awful forums.

Do I really need to explain why it is suspect?

MMO-Champion an the others will issue an apology for jumping the gun and blame the hoaxsters at Something Awful.

Anyway, Blizzcon is in a week and there will be an official announcement made then because they will obviously be bombarded with questions about this.

Only some of it was from a post on Something Awful. And, honestly, besides their general silliness, they're a pretty reliable bunch. Bigger, and more insightful gamers than the NeoGAF crowd.

Belfast

Barso said:
Do you live in Belfast?
Can anyone give any advice to whether lord of the rings online is worth investing the time and money into?

No to the first question and yes to the second. I play WoW, but the short time I spent with LotRO (hitting the original level cap after release) was a lot of fun.

firex

Barso said:
Do you live in Belfast?
the vanilla game, no, but I have heard the expansion is good. I bought the vanilla game and hated about 4 or 5 different classes, and didn't play the others because they weren't interesting to me on the character creation screen (description and everything made them sound dull). but I heard the expansion adds some cool new classes. and I love the LOTR movies and universe, so it's just that it doesn't make for a fun multiplayer RPG experience, imo. But again, the expansion is supposedly much better and it wasn't like the game was fundamentally broken. I just didn't enjoy the mechanics of the Captain, Minstrel, Hunter or Lore-Master classes, and had no desire to play Burglar or Guardian.

Anyway, the more I think about this WoW expansion speculation, I really hope at least half of it's true. Old world overhaul (just for new quests and flying alone) + new race/class combos sounds awesome. The races seem like a given because back in vanilla WoW beta, people speculated about worgen behind the Greymane Wall, and I would not doubt at all that the people who were "speculating" were actually Blizzard employees just fucking with us, since there were a lot of times I played with part of the staff somehow and didn't know it unless they told the group. They were sneaky about that in vanilla beta. I mean, I remember a guy saying "one thing I really wish I could add to this game is a /train emote" and lo and behold, about 4 months later, everyone got /train as an emote.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
If Blizzard does use the "Gilneas Nation are Worgen" idea wouldnt they have to get the consent of that guy that did that theory on the forum like 3-4 years ago. Afterwards i thought Blizz commented that it was a cool idea and that they had actually forgotten about Gilneas.

Anyway.. sounds good. Hopefully the Old World stuff is legit. Dont know if id come back for just that but its a step in the right direction.

Aegus

Was always interested in the Gilneas lore when I played WoW. Even as an alliance guy where you barely set foot in the area it was interesting.

EDarkness

Xabora said:
Its been on curse since like, Jul/Aug 2008.

Ehh, info is info.

But that post was from Sept 2008.

Isn't that the one from beta? I didn't know that one still worked. Last I heard you were working on one that was more up to date. I'll check it out.

Update: I checked on Curse. I see you did something for Age of Conan, but I don't see anything for WoW. I assumed you gave up on it a long time ago. Heh, heh.

By the way, how have you been? Heh, haven't rapped with you since beta ended. :(

Wait, if the world falls apart once you hit a certain level/quest, what if you need to go back to un-broken Azeroth? Unless the portal is a "time machine" or something.

Proc

this is really testing my resilience of re-subbing...so much WoW in my gaf, what the fuck is an ex wow-player to do other than bite his nails and flee the internet.

Didn't Blizzard say they're adding a hero class with each new expansion? I hope that's the case. No hero class in Cataclysm would be a massive disappointment (and I wanted to roll an archdruid ever since it was rumoured). The game would benefit from a healer hero class.

And troll druids make no sense at all. High/blood elf druids do, though:
http://www.wowwiki.com/Druid_magi

435px-High-Botanist-Freywinn.jpg

etiolate

Banned
Alex said:
Sounds nice and all, but still not one word, even a rumor, on any new concepts added to the game? The reason I, and most people who are into it quit is because the significant toll raiding and only raiding or arena and only arena for PvE/PvP progression takes on you.

I'm sick of traditional raiding under the confines of the system, and I've hated arena since day one, even as a S2 Gladiator.

It sounds like it'd be fun for REALLY old time players or brand new ones, but for those of us just bored stiff of log on, do raid-x baby mode or raid-x psycho mode (with no inbetween, of course), log off is what eventually gets you.

The world concept is awesome, but even with the playtime I'd get out of simply leveling the thought of going back into another raid under the same gameplay systems makes my stomach turn. Ulduar is what finally killed it for me.

Wait until they actually do it to believe stuff like that will be significant enough. They told us during beta for WOTLK that they were "overhauling" the dispel system and what they did was the most laughable shit ever.

I agree with about all of whats said here.

I think with the removal of grinds and attunements, the rather average core gameplay of WoW has become more evident and exposed.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Seems fake, because of the lack of new classes, i remember blizzard saying they'd introduce a new hero class every expansion.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
CurseoftheGods said:
And troll druids make no sense at all.
You're thinking in a normal sense though, in the Ysera and Cenarius controlled sense.

Just look at the Loa spirits, and the Forest Gods of Zul'Aman. Bear, Eagle, Dragonhawk, Lynx.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Lafiel said:
Seems fake, because of the lack of new classes, i remember blizzard saying they'd introduce a new hero class every expansion.
I'm pretty sure what's "leaked" is not everything Cataclysm will add.

markot

Banned
They did say hero classes would also be part of vanilla wow too :p

Things change, and im guessing trying to add new classes is a huge headache, especially when classes overlap as much as they already do.

Seiken said:
I'm pretty sure what's "leaked" is not everything Cataclysm will add.
iam sure they add submarines and warships and 100-150% underwater mounts like they allready added a seaturtle in wrath of the lichking

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
HK-47 said:
I always though they would do Emerald Dream before going into the Maelstrom.

I thought this too in all honesty.
I don't like the sound of them fully changing existing things, to me it's more pissing off older players. Though i only played a very little pre TBC.
Currently i don't play becuse i got bored shitless whent here was nothing but Naxxbut i have no doubt a new expansion would bring me back for a bit.

I DO like the sound of old raids being revamped for the higher levels, i was always pissed off i missed proper MC/AQ/BWL etc.

Oh and bring back long attunement quests =D

Nymerio

CurseoftheGods said:
fuck that

They could make them optional. Like with Karazhan, if you did the prequest you'd get some item, or even just an achievement.

Recycling old Raids sounds ok to me, I'd also like to see some of the vanilla instances retuned for higher levels. Oh, and the heroic dungeons should be way harder in the next expansion, the dungeons in wotlk just make me sad. Dungeonsets should be back as well as class quests.

if a prequest for a raid or instance is not related to giving you some item so that you can enter the instance / raid but to provide background story and a achievment it would say bring them back

Darklord

Banned
Proc said:
this is really testing my resilience of re-subbing...so much WoW in my gaf, what the fuck is an ex wow-player to do other than bite his nails and flee the internet.

Seriously. I quit years ago but damn that sounds fun. I'm not a fan of WoW, but I am of Warcraft and it sounds to temping. I feel now I'd have no fucking clue what is going on. All I had was a shitty lv60 and I know like before everything that sounds amazing I won't be able to get too without screwing around with raid parties and guild crap.

Johann

Kweh said:
Why no Troll Warlock's? SERIOUSLY?

The trolls either minimal contact with demons or they were hunted down and killed by demons during the War of the Ancients. A better question would be why Thrall is A-okay with allowing Warlocks to run around scot-free in the first place.

IcedTea

Number 2 said:
If Blizzard does use the "Gilneas Nation are Worgen" idea wouldnt they have to get the consent of that guy that did that theory on the forum like 3-4 years ago.
No. Blizzard owns World of Warcraft and they can do what they want with it. In fact, I haven't read the ToS, but they probably own every post ever made on their forums too. Anyways, it would be pretty rediculous if they had to comb through every post ever made on their forums to make sure to either cut any features that had been previously suggested or sick the lawyers on people who'd already considered them.

CurseoftheGods said:
And troll druids make no sense at all.
I keep seeing people say this but I can't wrap my head around it. I don't think Zul'Aman was very ambiguous at all.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Nymerio said:
They could make them optional. Like with Karazhan, if you did the prequest you'd get some item, or even just an achievement.

Recycling old Raids sounds ok to me, I'd also like to see some of the vanilla instances retuned for higher levels. Oh, and the heroic dungeons should be way harder in the next expansion, the dungeons in wotlk just make me sad. Dungeonsets should be back as well as class quests.

Oh definite yeses.

traveler

Not Wario
I know it's the Hero Class everyone has been talking about the most, but I can't see Blizz ever putting in an Arch Druid class. They've said previously that hero classes should (1) be seen as balanced alongside the others- they simply have their own starting areas/"epic feel"/storyline etc.- and (2) fulfill a niche not yet taken. Well, the Archdruid, at least as a title, goes against both of those rules completely. It implies (1) that it is NOT a new role (it's simply an upgrade to an old one) and (2) that it is flatout superior to a previous class. At face value, who is going to want to roll a druid when you can roll an Archdruid?

AzureNightmareXE said:
Here is a sure thing: There will probably be another CoT dungeon, most likely a raid. its content? The War of The Ancients.

I like this idea. It'd fit in perfectly with the rumored storyline above, be a fun way to continue the CoT instances, and Blizz has even said they'd love to try to do a CoT take on the WotA before.

Cipherr

It sounds awesome, But it wont get more than a 1 month subscription from me (in which i would simply level to 85 and do all the quests for the Lore) and then a cancellation followed by youtubing all the raid content to see THAT lore unless they completely revamp PVP.

Top Bottom