• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrasslin' Thread 20XX |OT| New Age WrestleGAF

rkofan87

Gold Member
Stan Hansen broke Bruno Sammartino's neck with a bodyslam. Sammartino spoke to Hansen and told him not to worry, sometimes those things happen in wrestling. I think Hart has some residual jealousy for Goldberg. Goldberg never grew up in the business but he got hot quickly because of his look and gimmick. Hart was on the downside of his career at that point in WCW, he and Goldberg should bury the hatchet.
sting told the same thing to seth after the buckle bomb at noc 2015

NickFire

Wait a sec, WWE Saturday night main event is coming back? Damn
I'm all for it if so. I absolutely loved those back in the day. With rare exception, that was pretty much the only time the big names faced each other outside of PPV. And we were way too poor when I was a kid to get PPV.

dave_d

I'm all for it if so. I absolutely loved those back in the day. With rare exception, that was pretty much the only time the big names faced each other outside of PPV. And we were way too poor when I was a kid to get PPV.
All I can add is everybody remembers the bossman hogan superplex off the cage. It was so iconic.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Ok I had never heard about the ring boys and the sexual abuse of kids. Pat Patterson and others. Horrendous.

DKehoe

Ok I had never heard about the ring boys and the sexual abuse of kids. Pat Patterson and others. Horrendous.
When it comes to Vince, a lot of the worst stuff gets swept under the rug and people focus on things like the Montreal Screwjob.

The documentary (from what I've seen so far anyway) doesn't mention that Vince had previously hired Mel Phillips back on the condition that he stayed away from kids, which he did not.

Last edited:

RavageX

When it comes to Vince, a lot of the worst stuff gets swept under the rug and people focus on things like the Montreal Screwjob.

The documentary (from what I've seen so far anyway) doesn't mention that Vince had previously hired Mel Phillips back on the condition that he stayed away from kids, which he did not.
The documentary really didn't introduce much that wasn't known (IMO). Honestly I didn't see anything that could be considered offensive to Vince or family, and I have about 20 minutes left of the entire thing.

Top Bottom