• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrath of the Lamb |OT| A Binding of Isaac Expansion

Salsa

iQiROq1FfaGNR.png

The Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb is the expansion to The Binding of Isaac, a randomly generated action RPG shooter with heavy Rogue-like elements. Following Isaac on his journey players will find bizarre treasures that change Isaac’s form giving him super human abilities and enabling him to fight off droves of mysterious creatures, discover secrets and fight his way to safety.

Out now on Steam

Features:

100+ new items! (now over 235 items!)
5+ new chapters!
20+ new enemies!
25 new achievements!
15+ new bosses!
6+ new room types!
6+ new mysterious item drops (eternal hearts, playing cards, dimes and more!)
5+ new music tracks by Danny B
A new item type, Trinkets
A new challenge mode with 10 unique challenges that unlock more content
A new unlockable character, Samson (The Beserker)
A new final (final) chapter and boss with new endings
Tons of new random happenings, curses, blessings, npcs, fortune tellers and more!
Also more super secrets than you'd probably expect... good luck finding them all.

$3

Media

Trailer

--

I think a new OT will keep new discussion easier to track.

also FUCK YES IT'S HERE

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Just got BoI the other day. Didn't know what the big deal was at first, but now I've already got over 3 hours played. Managed to finish it once so far.

I'm hooked. Will pick this up for sure.

I'm not complaining but I could have sworn this was free. But whatevs I've got tons of time in it already and 3 bucks is nothing to get some more out of it.

Salsa

I'm not complaining but I could have sworn this was free. But whatevs I've got tons of time in it already and 3 bucks is nothing to get some more out of it.

I think it was the idea at first but it got too big. To be honest I remember him openly asking on Twitter and whatnot if people would support it and buy it, or get mad etc.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Recommended:

Processor:5 GHz
Memory:2GB MB RAM
Graphics:Direct X9.0c Compatible Card
Hard Drive:50MB MB HD space

Is Adobe Flash really that garbage?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Recommended:

It really is. I tried playing BoI for the first time a month or so ago on my 2010 Macbook (in Windows) and I had a horrendous framerate that made the game unplayable for me.

Yeah I thought so too. Also not complaining though, since it is a huge amount of content, absolutely no problem asking money for it.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Am I a bad person by wanting to wait a month for the Summer Sale to start so I can save some money? :(

Leezard

The DLC has been great so far. Loads of new items. I wonder if the percentages are skewed so that you are more likely to get new items or that there simply are so many new items that you get loads of them anyway.

linko9

Recommended:

My 2.8 GHz processor runs it just fine. But yes, flash is terrible.

El Sloth

Banned
Hell yeah.

I've asked this before, but I really am curious if anyone else does this: Does anyone else here play the thing with an arcade stick?

Am I a bad person by wanting to wait a month for the Summer Sale to start so I can save some money? :(
Not if your diet currently consists of cup noodles and bananas like my does.

Leezard

Guppy's Paw is such a broken item. You use it to reduce your max health by 1, but gain 3 soul hearts instead. It has no cooldown.

I'm repeating myself but if you have some basic knowledge of the bible I can't see how one couldn't love the name of the expansion :lol

Haunted

So much new stuff, I'm overwhelmed. It'll be really fun to figure out what each new thing does.

The things I already did to poor Isaac on my first run... ;_;

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I'm repeating myself but if you have some basic knowledge of the bible I can't see how one couldn't love the name of the expansion :lol
I would think those same people would have had a problem with the original game's title also since Binding of Isaac is referencing Abraham almost sacrificing his son Isaac. Either way, those people can fuck right off. :lol

I would think those same people would have had a problem with the original game's title also since Binding of Isaac is referencing Abraham almost sacrificing his son Isaac. Either way, those people can fuck right off. :lol

Honestly, I made that connection much later since I didn't know what the story was called in English. Many laughs were had when it clicked and when the expansion was announced.

kami_sama

What does mean the title for the new expansion?

Also there's this new room
that has spikes in the middle
and I don't know what it does.

So excited. The alternative opening floor is hard. Or maybe I'm just unfamiliar. I do also suck at Isaac. Anyway there goes my evening. I'm getting in beer and I'm going to die, rock out and play until my eyes bleed.

There was a free expansion at Halloween, I think?. Anyway I've never even got close to the end and I have no problem buying the expansion. It was two quid man, and considering how much I love it I consider it money well spent.

Haunted

Aw shit, blood banks not spawning blood bags exclusively anymore just fucked me over. :lol

That's what I get for assuming!

Haunted

Well there goes 90% of my strategy in the game. Arcade rooms were usually free money + extra health. :(
It did spawn another cool item, but not something that gave health.

McMillen has definitely cranked up the "body horror" element in this. By a lot.

Acerac

Banned
D6 Isaac is still hella OP. Beat it first try with him, including the awesome new boss.

Can't wait to start trying the harder stuff. :)

You can now fight 2 bosses in a row. The second boss is usually one of the horsmen.

Hmm... I didn't have any luck with seeing any horsemen in my double boss rooms.

So what else DO the blood banks dispense when they self-destruct?

Still may useful for when there are excess hearts laying about.

I have now beaten the secret area at the very end, and the secret boss...
---Isaac.---

This is really rough around the edges though. Needs a patch, stat. When you die as the secret character it still reads "Love, Eve", amongst many other glitches.

Acerac

Banned
Huh. When I beat the game I got the normal 11th ending. Checked the data and there is a 12th one that didn't display properly. I watched it and holy shit... that's awesome.

Isaac was the evil one all along.

Haunted

Holy shit at the new devil rooms variant. Totally wasn't expecting that.

So what else DO the blood banks dispense when they self-destruct?

Still may useful for when there are excess hearts laying about.
I got an item that
launched kamikaze fly attacks at enemies.

This is really rough around the edges though. Needs a patch, stat. When you die as the secret character it still reads "Love, Eve", amongst many other glitches.
Agreed.

Huh. When I beat the game I got the normal 11th ending. Checked the data and there is a 12th one that didn't display properly. I watched it and holy shit... that's awesome.

Isaac was the evil one all along.

So was Mom not possessed by the devil all along?

To the wikia!

Top Bottom