• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 32 |OT| OHHH! Written in the Stars! A Million Miles Awaaaaaay........

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what is the Rock doing at this mania? Is he really just appearing so they can tout "THE ROCK IS AT WRESTLEMANIA!"

Or is just going to be there to congratulate Roman again when he wins so they can "stop" the boos?

Razorskin

----- ------
So what is the Rock doing at this mania? Is he really just appearing so they can tout "THE ROCK IS AT WRESTLEMANIA!"

Or is just going to be there to congratulate Roman again when he wins so they can "stop" the boos?

WM 32 is closing with this:

0LBT0zV.jpg

oddjobs

So... what's the reason for bumping up the battle royal to the main card? Imminent Cesaro return? Someone else? Baron Corbin debut?

Nah.

Nakamura's getting the Hideo Itami treatment at the Battle Royal.

Edit: wow I didn't realize Itami's been out due to injury for nearly a year.

I said this in the other thread. That + Nakamura getting signed, I don't think there's much to look forward to in regards to Itami's WWE run

I genuinely can not believe how happy I am to see a women's match - for the title no less - with talented competitors get massively heavy marketing and is a marque match for the show.

Which slightly concerns me as this should have happened a long time ago. Then again, this is VKM/:B so better late than never. Still, seeing that promo brings a massive smile to my face. These three - and Bayley - deserve all the success in the world on the main roster and I hope they get it.

I genuinely can not believe how happy I am to see a women's match - for the title no less - with talented competitors get massively heavy marketing and is a marque match for the show.

Which slightly concerns me as this should have happened a long time ago. Then again, this is VKM/:B so better late than never. Still, seeing that promo brings a massive smile to my face. These three - and Bayley - deserve all the success in the world on the main roster and I hope they get it.

Willing to bet it will be about as exciting as the Playboy pillow fight some years ago.......

The Women's Title Match is the one match on the main card I am interested for in terms of wrestling, It should be solid in that regard. Styles vs Jericho would have good hype going in if it did not already feel like we'd seen everything. Because they have had so many recent encounters they now have to excel and one up themselves, or people will be disappointed,

The Ladder Match, Street Fight and HIAC are all interesting in their own way, but mostly as spotfests. Apart from Shane jumping off something stupidly high, the stipulation of HIAC at least makes it interesting. If Shane wins, WWE has an easy way to make the RAW after Mania crowds happy with a face GM giving them matches they want for the hell of it. Throw in a few debuts or surprises and it is hard to go wrong.

If Regins does win (which is likely) and does so as a face (likely too), they will have to downplay that for at least a week, as that is the one thing the Mania weekend crowd will shit on en masse if they get the chance. I think WWE can be a smart, and make it a good weekend for themselves and the fans with a few smart decisions. Even though the lead up to the show has been bad, I think the show itself could have some good moments, and RAW the following night could be good too if they play their cards right.

Is Sasha a full-on babyface now? They're sure promoting her like one on the YouTube channel.

She seems to be a face now, but still has an edge to her character which is what got her success in the first place. As long as WWE keeps that edge I think she can continue to be successful. They have an all out face ready to debut with Bayley so no point in completely diluting Sasha.

sora87

So... what's the reason for bumping up the battle royal to the main card? Imminent Cesaro return? Someone else? Baron Corbin debut?

Because wwe genuinely think people want to see big show and kane, in 2016.
Here's hoping it's over in 5 minutes and the ryback match gets cancelled.

jmdajr

Do some jokes, a Rock bottom...and then back on his Jet.

iMax

Any predictions for how Triple H's entrance will involve Snickers, like last year's sponsored entrance?

Any predictions for how Triple H's entrance will involve Snickers, like last year's sponsored entrance?

*"The Game" begins playing*

*Iron Shiek walks out onto stage and rambles incoherently*

Steph: "HUNTER, WAIT! You're not you when you're hungry."

*eats Snickers Steph handed him*

Steph: "Better?"

Mr. H: "Better."

*Cut to announcers desk, where Michael Cole is replaced by Mike Adamle talking about the wrong wrestlers again*

Hungry? Grab a Snickers.

Into

One of my favorite rants of all time is JP of Lapsed Fan going off on Hunter for being a geek, think its in their review of WM 31.

Underneath the roids, the wrinkles in his forehead that looks like a Frogger level and his massive nose, he really is a geek.

Don't forget Asuka, breh. Unless you intentionally forgot her, in which case, shame on you.

iMax

*"The Game" begins playing*

*Iron Shiek walks out onto stage and rambles incoherently*

Steph: "HUNTER, WAIT! You're not you when you're hungry."

*eats Snickers Steph handed him*

Steph: "Better?"

Mr. H: "Better."

*Cut to announcers desk, where Michael Cole is replaced by Mike Adamle talking about the wrong wrestlers again*

Hungry? Grab a Snickers.

sSXI.gif

WWE has officially updated the plans for Sunday's WrestleMania regarding where the different matches will air on the show.

As of right now, and this could change during the week, the Kalisto vs. Ryback U.S. title match will take place at about 4:30 p.m. Central time, 5:30 p.m. Eastern, and will be a WWE Network exclusive.

The USA Network and WWE Network one hour simulcast from 5-6 p.m. local time and 6-7 p.m. Eastern time (which will also air at WWE.com, the WWE app, and YouTube) will have the women's ten person tag team match and the Usos vs. Dudleys match.

The 20 man Andre the Giant Battle Royal will now be on the WrestleMania PPV card.

Ryback is such shit that they don't even want him on the main pre-show. I feel bad for Kalisto.

That Intercontinental Championship picture looks like a cover for Spider-Man and the Sinister Six.

jmdajr

Ryback is such shit that they don't even want him on the main pre-show. I feel bad for Kalisto.

I don't know why this match exists. Ryback would have been fine in the Battle Royal. Maybe he could have even won it.

Kalisto could have had a match with I don't know. Cody? Just anyone really.

Reigns winning as a heel - totally viable - then this guy's music hitting, and a stare down? Money. Maybe not actual money, but Vince might see this as the best possible chance at money for the coming year.

Face Cena vs. face Reigns would be hilarious just to see, for the first time in maybe a decade, the majority of the crowd finally cheering Cena.

Face Cena vs. heel Reigns would be hilarious to see the majority of the crowd for the first time ever cheering Reigns...I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom