• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 32 |OT| OHHH! Written in the Stars! A Million Miles Awaaaaaay........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

With understandable reasons. Look at NXT Takeover Dallas, which makes any person hopeful for a decent WM. However, this was sub-par.
NXT is a different beast tho. We know that HHH is running the ship there for the most part.Mania is still Vince's "baby" and we know how he runs it by now. Main show will never be like NXT because you have 2 separate ideologies working on them. At this point I can tell what were going was going to be mediocre because it's been the same shit for awhile

The main problem I would say is the the results for who went over and who didn't. I would have felt better with Shane winning against a flabby and sick taker who was gassed after his walk in. Also have the Rock and Cena segment happen, let alone go as long as it did was weird

I wouldn't even call it a "OMG WORST NIGHT EVA" Maina it was what alot of people say it was. Weird.

v0yce

Is anyone going to defend the burial of the Wyatts? I wanna hear it. There has to be someone. It's the Internet after all.
Show yourself.

Some guys try really hard

I loved it. Rock buried the shit out of him both on the mic and in the ring. Bray should be thanking him since it's the only way he'd get on the WM card.

I got to see The Rock bury the GamerGate Family both in the ring and on the mic, and even Cena joined in...

> being a bray wyatt fan in 2016

i didn't know such a thing was possible, lmao

<3 Rock
<3 Cena

So glad they buried that gamergate piece of shit

Trojan X

Banned
Really. REALLY?

Jericho goes over AJ Styles after kicking out of the Styles Clash, a finisher that should be protected to hell and back because it looks difficult and brutal, in what should have been the culmination of their months long feud.

League of Nations goes over New Day, because the prime moment to rocket them to the stars is better spent putting over two guys who have been around forever and can't get over, one guy who's probably leaving soon, and one cool up and comer. Then all of these people get beat down by three people who haven't wrestled in years, one of them in over a decade, and who won't be on Raw tomorrow.

Ambrose/Lesnar after hyper amounts of hype with buildup across both shows is a short stinker with some sticks and chairs. Ambrose loses after one F5, making his ironman claims look dumb as fuck.

A new women's championship belt is unveiled, the time of real women wrestlers is finally here! Except the match was decided by a very old man who looks drunk all the time.

Shane o' Mac/Undertaker was a slow as molasses match with one really cool spot. And that one really cool spot was basically just "oops, I missed". The ending itself was ok, I guess? Nothing special though, just a regular Taker match ending.

Rock buried the Wyatts in six seconds.

Trips/Roman ends the same way literally every fucking Roman match ends, with a result that ends with Wrestlemania's 100 (actually 85) thousand strong crowd booing the biggest wrestling event ever.

It was fucking awful.

That more or less sums it up. There was NOTHING amazing that made it feel like a WM event. This is why I kept talking about NXT Takeover Dallas. It's just a frigging shame that people here will NEVER understand why I keep saying that unless they watched the show themselves. However, many people here didn't watch the show, they tuned to wrestlemania, read my comment, shrugs, then go back to watch WM and think it is a good show. The show was shit! A 4/10 event that should be the biggest event in the world. Shit booking. Shit angle. Shit pacing.. Shit scheduling. It also had insane amount of mic manipulation. It was fucked because one man does NOT get it.

Jabo

The way Nakumura collapsed in silhouette and in time to the first violin string and his name appearing in the monitor was genius! Followed by the strobe lighting and his posture mad everything even more stunning. ... then when you see him run to the ring ropes and does his signature charismatic pose and the crowd flipping out in awe was too mUCH!

Yup I think I watched that like 10 times? Insane effort done and that's just NXT too, I can't imagine what will happen if he does that in RAW or a big PPV.

Ilive1up

overall I enjoyed it but i was disappointed with the ambrose/Brock match and the rock stuff was lame.

that ladder match was killer.

So fucking what? People aren't dispassionate and judging the show in a vacuum, both of these performers have massive amounts of baggage that makes objectively enjoying their performances a feat for a lot of fans. They weren't buying the matchup before the match, so why would having the predictable story that they didn't want to see performed well make it work for those people?

I would think the fact that the match was just pretty good, on a wrestling level, would have won more people over. I wasn't into the idea of the match, either, but it worked, because I didn't let my own disinterest get in the way of simply appreciating it for what it was. Pretty much all stories in wrestling are predictable, because wrestling is a dirt-simple art form. What matters is the execution, and both Roman and HHH executed 90% of their match well.

AColdDay

That's silly. HHH has always been a very good and underrated wrestler, and Reigns has spent the last year delivering in pretty much all of his big matches. It was slow, yes, but methodically so, and both HHH and Reigns told a good story through most of it.

I think if you want a version of this match that actually pulls off the methodical storytelling, then you could look at HHH vs Dean Ambrose at Roadblock. That match started out intentionally slow, so it could build to a great finish and pulled it off 10 times better than this. The Wrestlemania match was just boring.

I just hate how after all that we're basically left in the exact same spot we were before hand.

Nothings changed, The Authority are still in charge for a seemingly endless worn out run. Flair wins with the exact same finish we've had for the past half a year. Reigns in a 3 time champion that still no one cares about. Ambrose never wins anything yet we're supposed to 'believe in him', Wyatts are apparently a force in the WWE but have never done anything, they just get killed in every feud and are now there to make old guys look good? So thats it for Shane?

Was this Wrestlemania or randomly weekly episode of Smackdown? Cause they had about the same amount of satisfying story work/meaningful outcomes.

Nothing makes sense.

I would think the fact that the match was just pretty good, on a wrestling level, would have won more people over. I wasn't into the idea of the match, either, but it worked, because I didn't let my own disinterest get in the way of simply appreciating it for what it was. Pretty much all stories in wrestling are predictable, because wrestling is a dirt-simple art form. What matters is the execution, and both Roman and HHH executed 90% of their match well.

You say it like it was objectively a good match, which it wasn't.

This is what boggles my mind. People keep defending it with "Well if you ignored the bullshit the wrestling was good" and no, it fucking wasn't.

Kaiterra

Banned

What I'm saying is that if you predict where something's going, don't like where you predict that it's going, then it goes there, does it really matter if there were some pretty trees along the way? Is it even that easy to appreciate them? I think you can only blame people with that reaction for the decision to actually tune in, not for their opinion of what they saw.

Pretty fucking great Wrestlemania.

Not a real bad match on the card, and even though Roman winning is fucking lame, the match was solid and the crowd shitting on it was entertaining as fuck, that No sign every time Roman land a move was classic. The dead silence (not even boos) when Roman won was hilarious.

Feel for the guy, his big Mania moment is forever going to be remembered as a silent reaction.

Ambrose never wins anything yet we're supposed to 'believe in him'

Not just that but he's been going on for weeks about how he's indestructible then he takes a few suplexes and one F5 and he's done. If he was going to lose he should have been annihilated until he couldn't take any more.

jonjonaug

Not a real bad match on the card, and even though Roman winning is fucking lame, the match was solid and the crowd shitting on it was entertaining as fuck, that No sign every time Roman land a move was classic. The dead silence (not even boos) when Roman won was hilarious.

Oh, there were boos. They just muted the crowd mics.

dude what are you talking about

VoxPop

Feel for the guy, his big Mania moment is forever going to be remembered as a silent reaction.

you forgot the /s

orioto

Good Art™
Not just that but he's been going on for weeks about how he's indestructible then he takes a few suplexes and one F5 and he's done. If he was going to lose he should have been annihilated until he couldn't take any more.

That match should have been Ambrose going through hell and surviving the longer he could. Instead it was him using weapons against Lesnar not selling them for 10 minutes then pinning him.

mreddie

I don't mind the Flair finish, I think that shit won't end til her face turn

IC Match thru Women's Bout was the first 2 hours right?

Trojan X

Banned
NXT is a different beast tho. We know that HHH is running the ship there for the most part.Mania is still Vince's "baby" and we know how he runs it by now. Main show will never be like NXT because you have 2 separate ideologies working on them. At this point I can tell what were going was going to be mediocre to get because it's been the same shit for awhile

The main problem I would say is the the results for who went over and who didn't. I would have felt better with Shane winning against a flabby and sick taker who was gassed after his walk in. Also have the Rock and Cena segment happen, let alone go as long as it did was weird

I wouldn't even call it a "OMG WORST NIGHT EVA" Maina it was what alot of people say it was. Weird.

I would never call it the worse night ever, indeed. I think only over emotional narrow minded immature people would say something like that. However, whilst it is true about the ideologies, you have to remember that everything is done under the same establishment. So if one version is crap then there is a thing called "improvement", and sadly Vince is not willing to realise that WWE in general need to massively improve. NXT, like a survey, needed time to prove and demonstrate that it is the right direction to go or take admiration from for improvement. Now with over 2 years of proof there is now no excuses what so ever. No matter how many millions the company earned, it will never be earning hundreds of millions as long as they stick to their current form. Quote from CM Punk because he was 200% right: "Vince is a millionaire that should be a billionaire but he will never be a billionaire because he surrounds himself with 'yes' men".

Now I'm going back to watch Sami vs Nakamura. Even the build-up promo make sense which makes the main match so much sweeter.

Shit! I'm so afraid for AJ Styles.

I'm...just gonna step away fot a day.

I just stepped out of a room for 100 people who were throroughlt ebtertained for 3+ hours.

To see people pretend this was even comparable to some of the worst WMs..its embarassing.

You can know wrestling is fake and still be a mark.

Good night, folks.

What will we do without your drive-by shit posting?

Penguin

O enjoyed it for the most part
The show was too long for its own good and the main event didn't help
Like that wasn't special or star making
Though Steph looked fine

geomon

tumblr_o53cy6Fqek1u1ljrzo6_540.gif

This pretty much sums up my feelings on the show.

I love it how there is only one person in this thread trying to justify one of the worst main events in WM history. It exposed HHH's age. There is a roster full of guys 15 years younger who could have gotten that spot and wouldn't have that awful mobility HHH had. He wasn't even the most over heel on the roster. There was no reason why Brock, who is a bigger star and better worker couldn't have gotten that main event spot. Roman's win actually would have meant something.

Trojan X

Banned
Cant wait for a sizzling turn of events tomorrow night when the authority tries to get their revenge by booking Roman against the demon Kane, cant miss television.

Fucking hell..... The amount of truth in that sentence made my eyes rolls..... So much need to change for the better. Vince need to step down and work on other things in extension for his company.

sephi22

Really. REALLY?

Jericho goes over AJ Styles after kicking out of the Styles Clash, a finisher that should be protected to hell and back because it looks difficult and brutal, in what should have been the culmination of their months long feud.

League of Nations goes over New Day, because the prime moment to rocket them to the stars is better spent putting over two guys who have been around forever and can't get over, one guy who's probably leaving soon, and one cool up and comer. Then all of these people get beat down by three people who haven't wrestled in years, one of them in over a decade, and who won't be on Raw tomorrow.

Ambrose/Lesnar after hyper amounts of hype with buildup across both shows is a short stinker with some sticks and chairs. Ambrose loses after one F5, making his ironman claims look dumb as fuck.

A new women's championship belt is unveiled, the time of real women wrestlers is finally here! Except the match was decided by a very old man who looks drunk all the time.

Shane o' Mac/Undertaker was a slow as molasses match with one really cool spot. And that one really cool spot was basically just "oops, I missed". The ending itself was ok, I guess? Nothing special though, just a regular Taker match ending.

Rock buried the Wyatts in six seconds.

Trips/Roman ends the same way literally every fucking Roman match ends, with a result that ends with Wrestlemania's 100 (actually 85) thousand strong crowd booing the biggest wrestling event ever.

It was fucking awful.
Thank you. So much potential buried under cheap pop baiting cameos from people who haven't been relevant in years.
This card was bad going in. I expected this Mania to have some good and most bad, but I wasn't expecting it to be this bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom