• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 32 |OT| OHHH! Written in the Stars! A Million Miles Awaaaaaay........

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, not because we disagree. Because a large part of the community regulars try so hard to be personalities and struggle doing so in any kind of entertaining fashion.
I'm not trying to "be a personality" though. I legitimately do not like the Wyatts, and wouldn't bat an eyelash if they just...disappeared.
I wonder how John Cena sleeps at night. Dude just wanted a WM paycheck and had no remorse putting down the Wyatts again lol

Why would anyone have remorse for doing their job?

Not just that but he's been going on for weeks about how he's indestructible then he takes a few suplexes and one F5 and he's done. If he was going to lose he should have been annihilated until he couldn't take any more.

Yea I was expecting Bork to have to damn near kill him. That was the angle they should have been playing up. Then afterwards Bork/Heyman are like heh this f**king kid, shake their heads and walk off almost acknowledging what it took sorta thing.

Instead we got basically nothing. That's all Ambrose ever gets. But tomorrow on Raw he'll come out saying "I lost, thats ok, I'm crazy!! You can't stop me!" etc. :\

Trojan X

Banned
tumblr_o52y2ree5P1t34v14o1_400.jpg

Fit & buff as fuck.... Rusev. You lucking son of a bitch. *bite lip.

Fuck....

you forgot the /s

Where? The match was solid for what it was and none of the other matches were bad by any means.

The ending sucks but that was never in doubt so I just enjoyed the crowd. Hey Reigns sold the arm even in victory that's a step up for him! Better than Cena on that.

Kusagari

Jim Ross ‏@JRsBBQ 2h2 hours ago

Good booking @WWE to highlight @TheRock & @JohnCena in surprise scuffle with Wyatt Family. No it doesn't 'hurt' the Wyatt's.

lol

I love it how there is only one person in this thread trying to justify one of the worst main events in WM history. It exposed HHH's age. There is a roster full of guys 15 years younger who could have gotten that spot and wouldn't have that awful mobility HHH had. He wasn't even the most over heel on the roster. There was no reason why Brock, who is a bigger star and better worker couldn't have gotten that main event spot. Roman's win actually would have meant something.

Because no way in fuck should Reigns go over Lesnar... ever

Cagey

Banned
I'm not trying to "be a personality" though. I legitimately do not like the Wyatts, and wouldn't bat an eyelash if they just...disappeared.

This is the Internet, friend.

Around these parts, we like the Wyatts a lot and think the WWE has buried Bray in all of his feuds.

We also love Cesaro and Ambrose and wish the WWE would stop burying them. Hell, we even think Ambrose is a good wrestler! We want Big Show and Kane to retire.

We do like anyone from NXT on the main roster, but if you're in NXT, then you need to have done time on the indies or Japan or else we hate you. (see: Baron Corbin)

We liked The Rock in the 90s but we think he's corny now and doesn't have arms long enough to box with God (RIP CM Punk).

Only gimmicks disagree.

How many people stopped reading this up until this point?

Good for you, because there isn't that much lft of my post anyway.
Also excuuuuuus me Princess for having an unpopular opinion about one of the most charismatic wrestlers since I don't know when.

It's about entertainment. I was entertained. Very much so, I might add.

- Ladder match was ok, ehh, whatever. Tons of high spots we've seen a million times that don't really pop crowds like they used to, and an out of nowhere win for the ultimate jobber.

- Jericho/Styles was ok with an underwhelming finish due to Jericho going over. I see no logic in having Jericho win here. I don't get it.

- League of Nations/New Day was ok, but again, why the hell are the heels going over? It makes no sense. Nobody cares about them. This was New Day's time. Then Michaels/Foley/Austin come out for the nostalgia pop and make New Day look even more like dweebs finishing the fight they couldn't and celebrating over Xavier Woods' corpse. I'm sure New Day will roll with this garbage and make it work because they're great, but this did nothing to elevate them. I don't get it.

- Brock Lesnar/Ambrose was a complete disappointment. The match did nothing for either guy, Ambrose looks like even more of a joke, Brock is still unstoppable with no legitimate competition. I do agree with Lesnar getting the win, but Ambrose didn't put up nearly enough of a fight for the character they're trying to build. I don't get it.

- Charlotte/Becky/Sasha was good. A little sloppy, but easily the best match on the card. I understand that people wanted Sasha to go over, and I would've been fine with that, but I do think there's a case to be made that her journey to the title hasn't been dramatic enough, and Charlotte sneaking out with the title again on the biggest stage is the kind of thing that can heat the feud up even more in preparation for a rematch in 1 year. I also understand gripes with Flair's interruption being the deciding factor in the match to crown the new WOMAN'S Champ, but Flair's her manager *shrug* These things are going to happen

- Undertaker/Shane was a snoozefest building to that one ridiculous spot everyone was waiting for. No swerves, no run ins, no Vince, no storytelling, nothing. I don't get it.

- DDP hit a Diamond Cutter. Also a battle royal happened..

- The Rock (w/ Best Friend™ John Cena®) squashed The Punching Bags Wyatts. The Rock's always fun to watch perform, but who really cares about this? Bray is a joke. No prestige, no legit wins over anyone, nothing. His worth goes from "cue entrance music" to "turn the lights back on."

- The main event was ass. Straight up. I can't believe they went out there and had a tame, typical PPV heavyweight main event after all the brawling and beatdown nonsense we had to endure for weeks and weeks. Roman wins clean, nothing exciting happens. Tonedeaf, boring, Vince ass McMahon finish.

Not gonna rate this because I'm sure there have been worse Wrestlemanis and someone would point out that my rating is comically low, but let's just say it was not a good show.

You say it like it was objectively a good match, which it wasn't.

This is what boggles my mind. People keep defending it with "Well if you ignored the bullshit the wrestling was good" and no, it fucking wasn't.

HHH's strikes looked good throughout, the story of the match was on-point and played to each guy's in-ring strengths, not to mention incorporated various aspects of the story that built the match up, it was well-paced for the kind of match that it was, Reigns sold the beatdown well, etc. I'll freely cop to the ending having been slapdash, but most of the match was a solid 3-3.5/5.

Heel

Good for you, because there isn't that much lft of my post anyway.
Also excuuuuuus me Princess for having an unpopular opinion about one of the most charismatic wrestlers since I don't know when.

It's about entertainment. I was entertained. Very much so, I might add.

Welcome to WrassleGAF, where you have to apologize for enjoying something you're meant to enjoy.

jonjonaug

This is the Internet, friend.

Around these parts, we like the Wyatts a lot and think the WWE has buried Bray in all of his feuds.

We also love Cesaro and Ambrose and wish the WWE would stop burying them. Hell, we even think Ambrose is a good wrestler! We want Big Show and Kane to retire.

We do like anyone from NXT on the main roster, but if you're in NXT, then you need to have done time on the indies or Japan or else we hate you. (see: Baron Corbin)

We liked The Rock in the 90s but we think he's corny now and doesn't have arms long enough to box with God (RIP CM Punk).

Only gimmicks disagree.

image.php

ps:
I never liked the Rock even as a kid

Lothars

So RAW is going to be neutered too lol WWE.

AJ styles lost
Shane lost

This WM was as bad as any I can remember

yeah I was really dissapointed in both of those results, I was also dissapointed with ambrose losing. It was just alot of wierd decisions that make me still want to not watch any wwe for a long time.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I thought it was ok.

The IC match was pretty good. Some fun spots and the ending was unexpected. Loved the pops that Zayn and KO got during their entrances.

Jericho vs Styles was a bit meh. I don't really care that Styles lost, but it's more that Jericho seems damned slow nowadays.

New Day entrance was fantastic, but everything else was fairly forgettable. The Foley, Austin, and Michaels appearance felt completely tacked on. Pretty funny though.

Lesnar vs Ambrose was the most underwhelming match of the night imo. I seriously can't think of anything that stood out.

The women's match was great. Would have preferred a clean win, but I can live with it.

Shane vs Undertaker... um we all knew this match was for an insane spot and we got it. I wonder if they're going to do anything with the Shane angle going forward or if that's it.

Battle Royale was ok. The ending was a surprise.

The Rock spot was stupid. Christ, I think the Social Outcasts are more menacing than the Wyatts.

HHH vs Reigns was a cluster. I can't believe they ended Wrestlemania the way they did.

Ah well, I'm looking forward to Raw tomorrow night and NXT was fantastic.

yuraya

Such a bad WM. Just trash all around.

I would give it a 2 out of 10. 1 point for Women's title match and 1 point for Steph getting speared real hard. Everything else was borderline unwatchable.

Also very disappointed in Lesnar v Ambrose. That was a very low effort performance from both. Maybe someone got hurt or something then wtvr. If not it was very weak. Shane and Taker (who are both old as shit) made that street fight look like amateur hour.

Trojan X

Banned
yeah I was really dissapointed in both of those results, I was also dissapointed with ambrose losing. It was just alot of wierd decisions that make me still want to not watch any wwe for a long time.

No problems with Ambrose losing what so ever. People would have to be near crazy to expect Ambrose to win. What I was concern about was how Ambrose would lose and how much would he go down fighting. In that respect, I was incredibly disappointed for everything that happened could have been done in a Smackdown show.

So now yall know wrestling better than Jim Ross, I see.

Friend dream, was HHH/Roman not a pretty solid match that people are weirdly shitting on? The ending needed another sequence or two, but the bulk of the match was actual in-ring storytelling and played to each guy's strengths. HHH has slowly developed into one of the best overall wrestlers in the company in the last few years.

What's fucking hilarious is that people are going to look back at the match card on this in a few years and be completely confused:

-- The Rock defeated Erick Rowan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom