• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrestleMania 32 |OT| OHHH! Written in the Stars! A Million Miles Awaaaaaay........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrus

Holy Shit The Dudley Boyz are back?!! Haven't watched WWF since the early 2000's! Cool to hear there still around.

NYR

And Kane !

And big show !

And triple h!

And Shane McMahon !

And undertaker !

And Ric Flair!

CM-Punk-laughing-at-Stephanie.gif

I've never seen so many people bitch about a product they continue to obsess over and watch, every week and PPV.

I'm in on WrestleMania Texas and am excited for every match, except Ryback and Kallisto.
I sincerely hate Internet wrestling fans.

I get thinking this is just boring as fuck lately and that the wrong guys are at the top, but the conspiracy theories, misplaced anger, endless Vince stereotypes, and whining about shit you knew was going to happen anyway are awful.

This is supposed to be fun, guys. If you're not having fun, just come back later. Wrestling will always be here.

shanafan

I've never seen so many people bitch about a product they continue to obsess over and watch, every week and PPV.

I'm in on WrestleMania Texas and am excited for every match, except Ryback and Kallisto.

I'm excited for every match, including Ryback and Kalisto ;)

Emma, Summer and Charlotte being represented is icing on the cake.

luchadork

What's the story behind Eva getting boo'd last raw?

I don't watch NXT

she's shit at wrestling. terrible on the mic. but hot as fuck. so wwe want her to be #1. this makes the hardcore wrestling fan angry. especially since there are plenty of women who are top tier wrestlers right now.

so eventually they sent her back to nxt where it seemed like they were intentionally developing her to be a heat magnet and get boo'd the fuck out. which is smart.

noones quite sure what they were trying to accomplish by sending her out on raw expecting her to get cheered.

tumblr_n43rpgkGsn1trnp1xo3_250.gif

4Q9lcEH.gif

What's the story behind Eva getting boo'd last raw?

I don't watch NXT

No grand reason.

She is a heel in NXT but that mostly came about because the crowd was eating her alive for being terrible. And I mean TERRIBLE! She is really bad and isnt improving.

She has that Vickie Guerrero heat before Vickie learned to work a crowd. Not sure how anything would have expected her to get cheered.

There is something to be mined with her though. That heat doesnt come around much.

luchadork

I sincerely hate Internet wrestling fans.

I get thinking this is just boring as fuck lately and that the wrong guys are at the top, but the conspiracy theories, misplaced anger, endless Vince stereotypes, and whining about shit you knew was going to happen anyway are awful.

This is supposed to be fun, guys. If you're not having fun, just come back later. Wrestling will always be here.

ehh.. its like following your favourite sports team. even when they are shit, you still watch em play. and then you spend the next few hours bitching about how shit they are to your friends.

you watch them play every week so you know theyve picked the wrong quarterback. sure, he's good looking, and sells more jersey to the casual fan. but the results arent there and youve got this great rookie just sitting on the bench. but the team management doesnt listen to you. why would they? you'll still turn up every week. so all you can do is bitch about how shit they are to your friends.

and just when you think, fuck this shit for real. never again. your team decides to field the rookie. and he makes it to the superbowl. and scores a touchdown. and its the most epic touchdown of all time. you win the superbowl. and everyone in the stadium is doing a yes chant. and life is good for a few weeks. until the rookie get concussed and has to retire and they go back to playing the old quarterback. and the team is shit again. for two seasons in a row. with a great rookie on the bench. but the team wont listen to you. so all you can do... is bitch about how shit they are to your friends.

But I can't even watch main product shows on the network. How do we know Network subscribers are all they (Vince) care about when it comes to figuring out if people like Raw.

You can watch the main product on the network. The "specials" (aka the PPV's) is built around Raw. It's the main selling point of the network in the first place. WWE is getting your $120/year regardless if you watch Raw or not. Which makes complaining about the product hilarious.

LycanXIII

she's shit at wrestling. terrible on the mic. but hot as fuck. so wwe want her to be #1. this makes the hardcore wrestling fan angry. especially since there are plenty of women who are top tier wrestlers right now.

so eventually they sent her back to nxt where it seemed like they were intentionally developing her to be a heat magnet and get boo'd the fuck out. which is smart.

noones quite sure what they were trying to accomplish by sending her out on raw expecting her to get cheered.

tumblr_n43rpgkGsn1trnp1xo3_250.gif

4Q9lcEH.gif

To be fair, she's much better now than when the gifs took place, but still not good.

I'm getting more and more excited. I seriously can't wait to start the trip to Wrestlemania tomorrow. Can't wait to see the stage and the stadium. I'm going dark on the net until after Wrestlemania once I hit the road tomorrow. I want to be surprised.

mreddie

I'm getting more and more excited. I seriously can't wait to start the trip to Wrestlemania tomorrow. Can't wait to see the stage and the stadium. I'm going dark on the net until after Wrestlemania once I hit the road tomorrow. I want to be surprised.

What going dark until Mania looks like.

101.jpg

Anth0ny

I think it's as simple as:

1. We grew up watching wrestling when it was great. It hooked us back then and we haven't been able to stop since.

But more importantly...

2. There's still the odd match, the odd promo, the odd performance where someone absolutely KILLS it and its fucking awesome. You have to endure 99% shit to get to the good stuff, but when it's good, it's really damn good.

We keep watching for the punk 2011 promos. The Daniel Bryan at mania 30s. The Brock lesnar murdering John cena and roman reigns matches. Even something like mark Henry's "retirement" speech. We put up with the shit for the great stuff like that.

You can say it's a terrible card all you like. I'm sure most people said that about the last three WrestleManias and two of them turned out really well

You can say it's a terrible card all you like. I'm sure most people said that about the last three WrestleManias and two of them turned out really well

Mania 30 had a good card by the go home Raw, but that was only because of a combination of the fans being incredibly vocal about their displeasure over the original plans and the WWE needing to sell people on the Network. 31 had a mediocre card and the final show barely managed to exceed those expectations due to the Rollins cash-in and Sting being in surprisingly better shape than people expected.

With the exception of XXX, has there even been a Mania in recent years that had more than one good-to-great moment/match? I can't think of any. That's why I don't really think this card looks any more terrible than most. At this point Mania is like Batman v Superman. You know what you're getting isn't gonna be great but there's a morbid curiosity to see it anyway.

I really hope Dean wins cleanly. I doubt it will happen though. But a clean win over Lesnar would be great for him. A win with potential Wyatt interference? How does that really help anyone? It really doesn't in my opinion.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
With the exception of XXX, has there even been a Mania in recent years that had more than one good-to-great moment/match? I can't think of any. That's why I don't really think this card looks any more terrible than most. At this point Mania is like Batman v Superman. You know what you're getting isn't gonna be great but there's a morbid curiosity to see it anyway.
Hey I had hope that Batman v Superman was going to be good. I fucking LOVED Man of Steel. I wasn't prepared for how goddamn boring Batman v Superman was going to be. I expected to be entertained for pretty much the entirety of the movie because that's what Man of Steel did.

In a way I suppose this WM is comparable. Like, if I judge my expectations of this years Mania purely on how much I enjoyed last years Mania then I should be expecting a thoroughly enjoyable show. But unfortunately the build up and he card tells me otherwise.

Hex

Banned
So I will be able to catch hour one of the pre show at work, then I get out at 6 and will make it home before the main show starts.
Works out for me.

Son Of D

Well I might as well make my predictions for this thing. Bolded will be my predicted winners.

The Total Divas vs B.A.D. & Blonde

Brie will go all BRIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEE MOOOOOOOOOOOOODE and get the pin on Lana. Brie will get her sendoff beore she retires and she gets to pin Lana who's been annoying her for the last month because reasons. Expect Yes! chants and also maybe Bryan will appear too.

The Usos vs The Dudley Boyz

Something something Uce Uce Uce.

20-Man Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal

Oh gee. There are four people in this match who haven't been announced for this match yet. It would be nice if a family of four were to enter and then their big man would win. Braun Strowman but I wish it was Luke Harper.

AJ Styles vs Chris Jericho

Chris Jericho wants to put Styles over. Styles will get his first Mania moment. I really hope they do this match well.

Kevin Owens (c) vs Sami Zayn vs Dolph Ziggler vs Zack Ryder vs The Miz vs Sin Cara vs Stardust - Ladder Match - Intercontinental Championship

I don't see why Sin Cara, Stardust and Ryder are even realistic choices to win. They were introduced to the match as jokes. I don't even know why this is the Ladder match and not the US Title. I mean the US champion did win a Slammy for a ladder spot. But WWE got to WWE I guess.

The New Day vs The League of Nations

It's not even for the tag titles... But it's because of that fact that I'm going with the League. They'll use the numbers advantage and beat The New Day. Albirdo Del Rio will do his stupid corner stomp at least once. Then during the post match beat down someone will run in and help The New Day before dancing with them and something something Booty.

Kalisto (c) vs Ryback - United States Championship

Last year the US Title had a good year. There was that Rusev/Cena match (let's try and forget what happened to Rusev after that feud. The less we talk about Rusev/Ziggler the better) and then we had the US Open Challenge from Cena which gave us his best work in a while. Then Cena lost the belt to Del Rio and nothing happened since. Oh yeah, back to this match. Ryback will kill Kalisto but before that I'm expecting a moment where a Lucha Lucha chant is going and Ryback tries to start a Feed Me More chant in response.

Charlotte (c) vs Sasha Banks vs Becky Lynch - Triple Threat - Divas Championship

This is a match I'm really looking forward to. These three have the chance to showcase amazing women's wrestling at Mania. I actually am torn between Becky and Sasha winning because they both make sense. Becky winning would provide good closure to her storyline with Charlotte plus also prove that she has what it takes to be a champion. Giving Becky her first women's title in WWE at Mania would give her a good moment.

However, Sasha is incredibly over (with good reason) and she definitely deserves to be a champion too. She's been protected too, with the only time she's been pinned was a double pinfall on Raw a few weeks ago. Not to mention that WWE could call Bayley up from NXT next Monday and slowly work towards either Becky/Sasha III at Summerslam or the Four Horsewomen Fatal-4-Way at Summerslam. They could however do the latter with Becky as champ.

Shane McMahon vs The Undertaker - Hell in a Cell

I can't believe it but I'm actually unsure on this match. It's going to be the most overbooked match on this card for certain. Shane losing would make this whole storyline pointless though. Bringing Shane back then just getting rid of him "forever" shortly after. But if Taker loses then he's gone so would they really have Shane of all people retire the Undertaker? However, Shane could just re-instate Taker if he wanted to.

Although would they really have Taker's losses at Mania be to Lesnar and Shane? Lesnar we can understand since he's a monster but Shane? Unless there's interference by Sting, costing Taker the match and continuing his anti-authority story since Shane winning would get Vince, Stephanie and HHH out of power. Then Shane could hire Taker back and set up a Sting/Taker match at WM 33 Sun since he knows that such a match would be good for business. Speaking of Shane, he's probably going to have the spot of the night.

Dean Ambrose vs Brock Lesnar - No Holds Barred Street Fight

Ambrose is going to put up one hell of a fight. He's going to come close to beating Lesnar but just can't quite make it there. It's going to be the bloodiest match on the card for certain. Lesnar will bleed if he wants to in a match and he's against Ambrose, who used to be in CZW.

Hopefully there's no stupid Wyatt interference. I know that was the plan originally for Mania but save that for the Summerslam build. Just let this one go all out and interfere at Battleground or on Raw.

Triple H (c) vs Roman Reigns - WWE World Heavyweight Championship

There's no way out now. WWE don't have a Daniel Bryan stipulation to save this match. Nor do they have a MitB briefcase cash-in ready either. Reigns will win and we'll hear some of the loudest boos in WWE. I can see this having a double turn, Trips will play the babyface and Reigns will act heelish. Heck I can see them trying to do a Bret/Austin style turn (and probably blowing up in their faces).

If this match goes on last though it could be part three of the "Triple H WM main event that has a crowd that doesn't really care" trilogy (following Rock/Hogan at WM18 and Taker/HBK at WM25) since it will have to follow the craziness that is likely to be Taker/Shane and the brutality that is likely to be Lesnar/Ambrose.

I don't think the Bret/Austin dynamic could ever work with Triple H/Reigns. That definitely won't save them.

As for Shane/Taker. I think Shane loses but the story line will not end there as we still have the contents of the lockbox to give Shane the real win later on.

Hex

Banned
Shane vs. Taker I think will be a spot fest, it NEEDS a hook- a twist. Sting under the ring. HHH interfering. Something.

Reigns and HHH will be a slug fest, lots of the usual. Crowd will be incindiary.
If they do not give it to Reigns I do not see what the point is but doing that is a problem unto itself.

Jericho vs. Styles, Tired of the match, Styles should go over big...but will he? Will Jericho take the Mania W?

Ryback vs. Kalisto could be fun if Ryback goes all hulk smash while Kalisto does sweet flippy dos.
Fucking Ryback, the walking bathroom break. Kallisto gets banished back to Tag Team hell.

The ladder match - although I would've preferred Zayn vs. Owens one-on-one - should be a great spotfest.
Zayn will deserve this for taking so many Ls lately and he will be coming off what will most likely be a great match (and loss) with Swag King Nakamura. If not Zayn Owens should keep it.

Charlotte - Becky - Sasha .. I like Sasha alot, but I am bored with her Boss thing and she really does not have alot more going for her. Yes she is great in the ring. Becky has been on another level personality wise and putting story over. Becky deserves this.

The New Day vs. LADS ...I hate to say it but The New Day will probably be taking the L here. I hope not but they are due. I would love for them to have their Mania moment though.

And then Lesnar vs. Ambrose, which feels like the only "true" Wrestlemania match on the card, is most likely MOTN.
Would love to see Ambrose go over Brock. Again I think he deserves it. Wyatt involvement?

Shane vs. Taker I think will be a spot fest, it NEEDS a hook- a twist. Sting under the ring. HHH interfering. Something.

This is why I think Shane vs. Taker should go on last. If Trips loses the title match all he has left is his control as part of The Authority. That would automatically make him want to be involved in the decision.

Hex

Banned
This is why I think Shane vs. Taker should go on last. If Trips loses the title match all he has left is his control as part of The Authority. That would automatically make him want to be involved in the decision.

Agreed.
Although then I see them copping out and having Roman getting involved and saving the day in an attempt to get Roman cheered instead of something more creative.

iMax

It's all but confirmed that it will be.

My Taker vs Shane theory is Cena coming out to screw Undertaker (reasons being to end the Authority), leading to Shane booking next year's main event on Raw the next night.

John Cena vs The Undertaker with Taker having to beat him or retire, this would be his genuine retirement match.

Ferny

My Taker vs Shane theory is Cena coming out to screw Undertaker (reasons being to end the Authority), leading to Shane booking next year's main event on Raw the next night.

John Cena vs The Undertaker with Taker having to beat him or retire, this would be his genuine retirement match.

This is actually a pretty good idea. Gets Cena involved in Mania, and gives Shane a cop out to beating Taker.

You can watch the main product on the network. The "specials" (aka the PPV's) is built around Raw. It's the main selling point of the network in the first place. WWE is getting your $120/year regardless if you watch Raw or not. Which makes complaining about the product hilarious.

I don't bother with those specials tbh.
Well if you like 'stickin it to the man' then watch NXT (which has been boring as shit for the last few months anyway) on Hulu, it's stupid to bitch about WWE while paying for the Network.
I'm not really concerned with sticking it to them because they're so many other programs on the Network that I love, not going to shut myself off from all of that because Raw sucks.

Hex

Banned
Raw made it sound like the title match would be last.

I guess there has been news?

Still up in the air according to all sources that I have heard.
HHH of course wants the main event, but "backstage" as a whole is not unaware of the fact that the match just is not exactly burning up the hear meter.

Hell, I say they should put the crowd on blast.
Have them do their entrances, lock up, slow down, rest hold and then out of no where Superman punch and spear for a pin right in the center of the ring. No more than five minutes at the very longest.
Crowd will lose its shit.

Taker winning cause Vince will have him wrestling into his 60's..
Triple H, Roman sucks.
Brock, Simplex City every where..
KO retains in what will be the best match of the night..

rest of the card, meh...

charsace

I hope they turn Roman heel. He does have some talent and if the WWE wants to salvage him they need to turn him heel and let him build a character for himself.

Hex

Banned
Taker winning cause Vince will have him wrestling into his 60's..
Triple H, Roman sucks.
Brock, Simplex City every where..
KO retains in what will be the best match of the night..

rest of the card, meh...

Taker does not have to win.
Shane can overrule Vince once he has control as far as Taker goes.

Dean needs a clean, legitimate win on a big stage over a main eventer like Brock.

Just like Bray Wyatt needed a clean legitimate win against John Cena, and/or The Undertaker at the past two Wrestlemanias.

Sigh.

Amory

I'll watch for the Taker v Shane match...but the rest of this card isn't grabbing me at all.

Also if Lesnar loses to Ambrose they've turned yet another guy who literally couldn't lose into a guy who literally can't win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom