• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrestlemania XXX Week |OT| We are all legit shook

Are you legit shook?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ZOCRdOK.jpg

Bogus

HHH defeats Daniel Bryan clean, then goes on to win the championship in the triple threat. Three burials in one night. White-hot, vaporizing, nuclear heat.

You all know it must be done.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
HHH defeats Daniel Bryan clean, then goes on to win the championship in the triple threat. Three burials in one night. White-hot, vaporizing, nuclear heat.

It would be so bad, it'd be amazing. I'd give up MY MAN BATISTA winning for that to happen to see exactly how people feel.

If HHH does beat Bryan, I want him to go all the way. Win the title and then challenge Taker and end the streak. Hell, win the battle royale as well.

Cody_D165

Banned
The man is 47 and has a six pack.

He's doing great.

No arguments there, it just still kinda feels weird for me to look at Kane in a suit and tie and realize it's the same ruthless man that was behind the Red Machine masks all them years ago.

Time flies, I guess.

People want a feel good story not a fucking social experiment! FUCK OFF, ALL OF YOU!!!

We need bad guys in here. Only way to keep me interested.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
No arguments there, it just still kinda feels weird for me to look at Kane in a suit and tie and realize it's the same ruthless man that was behind the Red Machine masks all them years ago.

Time flies, I guess.
He's actually spent the majority of his time as Kane unmasked, if you can believe it. I know people get hung up on Masked Kane, and I do to at times, but that character hit a brick wall and needed some refreshing. At least it's not Taker who comes out for a 10 minute entrance and can only be over if the full muscle of the WWE machine is behind him.

Couleurs

Why is Linda inducting the Ultimate Warrior? Seems like an odd choice, but then again I can't think of anyone currently in the WWE that would make sense, hmm.

Looking forward to the show, it'll be my first Mania since 23

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why is Linda inducting the Ultimate Warrior? Seems like an odd choice, but them again I can't think of anyone currently in the WWE that would make sense, hmm.

Looking forward to the show, it'll be my first Mania since 23

They're VERY good friends and she was instrumental in every aspect of his career, for real.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Sub-par card aside, I am really digging the inductees to the hall of fame this year.

I can only imagine how emotional the Jake 'The Snake' Roberts induction will be for both him and DDP.

(DDP should be inducted, even though he never made it big in WWE he was HUGE in WCW and he practically saved Jake and Scott's lives)

strobogo

Banned
He's actually spent the majority of his time as Kane unmasked, if you can believe it. I know people get hung up on Masked Kane, and I do to at times, but that character hit a brick wall and needed some refreshing. At least it's not Taker who comes out for a 10 minute entrance and can only be over if the full muscle of the WWE machine is behind him.

Well, that's silly. Taker is the most over guy even though he shows up for one match a year and like 5 shows to build the match. He doesn't need the machine. He's way above the machine. But I am sick of the entrances. Those entrances work at WM. Not on Raw. 2003 Kane was pretty fun. There really isn't much for him to do. Going over Kane doesn't really mean much anymore, losing to Kane doesn't mean much anymore, and he's definitely not going to be near the title scene again. He's just that dude who has been around for forever and you're used to him. He's kind of like Crush in the 90s (although way better, I wouldn't bury Kane like that). But Crush was on TV for 7 years and beating him didn't really mean much, and losing to him didn't mean much. He was just that big guy who was around for a long time.

Except Kane has been on TV in one form or another for 19 straight years. Which is pretty crazy. But there is nothing left for him or his character. It's gone just about every possible way you could take it.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Well, that's silly. Taker is the most over guy even though he shows up for one match a year and like 5 shows to build the match. He doesn't need the machine. He's way above the machine. But I am sick of the entrances. Those entrances work at WM. Not on Raw. 2003 Kane was pretty fun. There really isn't much for him to do. Going over Kane doesn't really mean much anymore, losing to Kane doesn't mean much anymore, and he's definitely not going to be near the title scene again. He's just that dude who has been around for forever and you're used to him. He's kind of like Crush in the 90s (although way better, I wouldn't bury Kane like that). But Crush was on TV for 7 years and beating him didn't really mean much, and losing to him didn't mean much. He was just that big guy who was around for a long time.

Except Kane has been on TV in one form or another for 19 straight years. Which is pretty crazy. But there is nothing left for him or his character. It's gone just about every possible way you could take it.
With the exception of Taker at WM, beating or losing to anyone doesn't mean anything these days. Bryan beat Cena at SS, and got embarrassed for the next five months afterwards. Wins and losses don't mean anything because they usually don't lead to anything that actually lasts.

And Taker relies completely on the machine. His WM feuds for the past five years have relied on nothing but promo videos, lighting effects, and promos from the other guy. Taker doesn't even show up for half the time to the buildup.

strobogo

Banned
With the exception of Taker at WM, beating or losing to anyone doesn't mean anything these days. Bryan beat Cena at SS, and got embarrassed for the next five months afterwards. Wins and losses don't mean anything because they usually don't lead to anything that actually lasts.

And Taker relies completely on the machine. His WM feuds for the past five years have relied on nothing but promo videos, lighting effects, and promos from the other guy. Taker doesn't even show up for half the time to the buildup.

Personally, I think Taker shouldn't do ANYTHING in the build up. He shouldn't be involved at all. The streak is about someone trying to beat him. He doesn't need to do anything and he should ONLY show up at Wrestlemania.

But Kane...I mean, there is nothing left for him. He's had a great career. One that far, far exceeded expectations. He's been everything from a borderline jobber to the stars to top guy. Multiple times. He's been everything from full on comedy character to monster. Multiple times. There just isn't anything left for him. I'd like to see him get a nice send off and retire. I think Taker should have called it quits at WM28 as well.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Personally, I think Taker shouldn't do ANYTHING in the build up. He shouldn't be involved at all. The streak is about someone trying to beat him. He doesn't need to do anything and he should ONLY show up at Wrestlemania.

But Kane...I mean, there is nothing left for him. He's had a great career. One that far, far exceeded expectations. He's been everything from a borderline jobber to the stars to top guy. Multiple times. He's been everything from full on comedy character to monster. Multiple times. There just isn't anything left for him. I'd like to see him get a nice send off and retire. I think Taker should have called it quits at WM28 as well.
I'm sorry, but that's a terrible idea for a Taker feud. I hated ever since the WWE became self aware about the streak. Now it's just ???? vs. The Streak. Every feud is the same, and it's just lazy. Why watch?

And as long as Kane is semi-interesting and can still go (and he certainly still can), then he should be on the show as long as he wants. He's not taking up the spotlight. And I'd still rather watch a Kane match than another 10 minute Taker entrance. However, if it were up to me, both guys would be facing each other this year in their last match, and let that be the end of it.

I genuinely want reasons why Bryan shouldn't leave NOLA without the strap. Call me defensive but I'm getting legit heated by the opposition brehs. I can't handle this reasoning, after quality match after quality match this man has given us. I simply don't understand this at all!

I genuinely want reasons why Bryan shouldn't leave NOLA without the strap. Call me defensive but I'm getting legit heated by the opposition brehs. I can't handle this reasoning, after quality match after quality match this man has given us. I simply don't understand this at all!

Once he's the champ, his underdog saga ends. There's no more #YESMovement. Think of all the merch they can sell without him being champ. You get your Yes buttons, your Yes stickers, your Yes shirts and so on.

Also, the belts don't mean shit. We're talking about a company that put the second most important belt in the industry around Big Fucking E. Seriously. Randy has been champ and no one noticed. Dean is never challenged for his belt. He's better without the belt.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
No one cares about any of that stuff. His character has become annoying, and has been annoying since Hell No ended. He just comes out and yells, "Yes", while yelling and pandering to the crowd. HHH seems like the cool asshole, and everyone loves that.

No one cares about any of that stuff. His character has become annoying, and has been annoying since Hell No ended. He just comes out and yells, "Yes", while yelling and pandering to the crowd. HHH seems like the cool asshole, and everyone loves that.

If it were not for Steph and Trips, the storyline would be shit. Bryan can carry a match, but outside of that, he's not that great. Sounds completely insincere on the mic and does that stupid nod and smile when he should be sounding angry. His whole confrontation of Hunter in the garage just looked dumb...until Steph and HHH stepped it up on their end.

strobogo

Banned
I'm sorry, but that's a terrible idea for a Taker feud. I hated ever since the WWE became self aware about the streak. Now it's just ???? vs. The Streak. Every feud is the same, and it's just lazy. Why watch?

And as long as Kane is semi-interesting and can still go (and he certainly still can), then he should be on the show as long as he wants. He's not taking up the spotlight. And I'd still rather watch a Kane match than another 10 minute Taker entrance. However, if it were up to me, both guys would be facing each other this year in their last match, and let that be the end of it.

Kane can still go, no doubt. He's better now than he's been in a good few years. But he has nothing to do. There is nothing you can do with him that hasn't been done multiple times already.

As for Taker, getting in the head of people going for the streak doesn't matter. He's default in their heads because he's Taker. Since all the streak angles have pretty much been the same since 2005 or so, just have him save all those entrances and coffins and lightning and shit for one big entrance at Wrestlemania. Let the dudes shit talk for weeks in the way they shit talk and have Taker shut them up at Wrestlemania. That's what's going to happen, you might as well make seeing Taker at all reserved only for Wrestlemania. Taker himself has been the least interesting part of building the streak for years. It's always the person trying to break it that is the more interesting person in the program. Mostly, I'm just over the streak in general. It makes no sense to break it at this point and while it usually is one of the better or best matches each year, the angle part isn't interesting at all. I don't want to see him take 10 minutes to come out, talk about death and taxes and maybe a weird cowboy reference. So save it all for one night.

Both should retire and ride off into the sunset.

If it were not for Steph and Trips, the storyline would be shit. Bryan can carry a match, but outside of that, he's not that great. Sounds completely insincere on the mic and does that stupid nod and smile when he should be sounding angry. His whole confrontation of Hunter in the garage just looked dumb...until Steph and HHH stepped it up on their end.

Bryan is really good when he's angry. As seen over the past 8 months on the rare occasion he was pissed, and in the Cena build up to Summerslam. I AM A WRESTLER shit was really good. When he's doing canned stuff where he's trying to remember his lines and trying not to corpse, it isn't good, but kind of endearing because he always seems to happy and excited just to be out there. Randy Orton is the same way. When he cuts loose, he can have a good promo. When he's doing lines, he literally sounds like he's just reciting lines that he's reading for a high school play.

Once he's the champ, his underdog saga ends. There's no more #YESMovement. Think of all the merch they can sell without him being champ. You get your Yes buttons, your Yes stickers, your Yes shirts and so on.

Also, the belts don't mean shit. We're talking about a company that put the second most important belt in the industry around Big Fucking E. Seriously. Randy has been champ and no one noticed. Dean is never challenged for his belt. He's better without the belt.

K6r0zQx.png

It's like ya'll never seen a Bryan match before.

Ok look I'm not gonna say he's absolutely perfect, cause he isn't. But seeing him perform in the ring and all his matches garnering the biggest connection with the crowd is inarguably his biggest asset he has with the company and is something the company desperately needs right now. People are acting like his shit's gonna get boring once he's the champ, but they seem to always forget what his matches actually look like.

Yes, his gimmick is one dimesnional, and yes his lines aren't the greatest, but I (and apparently many others) are willing to look past that stuff and actually enjoy the product quality that many others have to failed to achieve. It made me give a shit. I'm also not discrediting Hunter and Steph, but saying that they carried this angle is a joke to me.

Omega

Banned

I actually hope this happens.

Also, can we please stop judging mic skills? Its so watered down and just reciting lines that everyone is shit outside of Bray Wyatt and Brotista. No one should even be allowed near a mic. Even the commentators are awful

strobogo

Banned
K6r0zQx.png

Ok look I'm not gonna say he's absolutely perfect, cause he isn't. But seeing him perform in the ring and all his matches garnering the biggest connection with the crowd is inarguably his biggest asset he has with the company and is something the company desperately needs right now. People are acting like his shit's gonna get boring once he's the champ, but they seem to always forget what his matches actually look like.

Yes, his gimmick is one dimesnional, and yes his lines aren't the greatest, but I (and apparently many others) are willing to look past that stuff and actually enjoy the product quality that many others have to failed to achieve. It made me give a shit. I'm also not discrediting Hunter and Steph, but saying that they carried this angle is a joke to me.

HHH and Steph are COMPLETELY carrying the promo side of the feud, but they wouldn't be able to without Bryan to play off of. To think otherwise is being a full on mark.

HHH and Steph are COMPLETELY carrying the promo side of the feud, but they wouldn't be able to without Bryan to play off of. To think otherwise is being a full on mark.

The amount of heat they're getting is solely being carried by Bryan's presence. You give that to literally anyone else, it would be dead in the water. Maybe only Punk would gather that much heat. Maybe more. But I'm not discrediting them, they are doing a GREAT job.

EDIT: Didn't read closely, promo side....i might give them the upper hand there. I can't blame Bryan still. I think they're flat out not letting him be the angry Bryan we love. His Backstage Pass promo was great btw. But yeah people will write that off also.

I just can't understand the reasoning of not wanting Bryan as a champion because of his character and mic skills. It's like they're finding reasons to not give him a chance.

Heel

Is it true that Daniel Bryan said "professional wrestler" in his backstage promo? You know what to do Vince.

The amount of heat they're getting is solely being carried by Bryan's presence. You give that to literally anyone else, it would be dead in the water. Maybe only Punk would gather that much heat. Maybe more. But I'm discrediting them, they are doing a GREAT job.

EDIT: Didn't read closely, promo side....i might give them the upper hand there. I can't blame Bryan still. I think they're flat out not letting him be the angry Bryan we love. His Backstage Pass promo was great btw. But yeah people will write that off also.

Yeah, I meant on the promo side only. What they do in the ring is only part of the feud. Are you kidding me with the "not letting him be the angry Bryan we love"? He's had many, many times to do that and it just came of dumb. I'm a Bryan fan and he's made me watch performers that I typically fast forward through, like Cena, Orton and Wyatt. I'm not just shitting on him, but I don't really see the point of him winning when he can get more fans on his side and hating Trips by losing.

I didn't see the Backstage Pass vid, but I'm sure it was just like Dolph's where he showed tremendous heart and courage. That's all good, but they never do that stuff when they need to in front of the televised cameras...when it counts.

anyone else think the Undertaker streak is just stupid now? I mean, I've lived through eras where the champ couldn't lose (Hogan in his WWF prime) but at least then there was a slight, small chance of something happening because within a storyline they could make it work. With Taker, it seems like the longer the streak goes on the less chance of it ending which makes it really uninteresting. It's like "Well it's up to 22 now we can't have someone like fucking LESNAR break it..."

Yeah, I meant on the promo side only. What they do in the ring is only part of the feud. Are you kidding me with the "not letting him be the angry Bryan we love"? He's had many, many times to do that and it just came of dumb. I'm a Bryan fan and he's made me watch performers that I typically fast forward through, like Cena, Orton and Wyatt. I'm not just shitting on him, but I don't really see the point of him winning when he can get more fans on his side and hating Trips by losing.

I didn't see the Backstage Pass vid, but I'm sure it was just like Dolph's where he showed tremendous heart and courage. That's all good, but they never do that stuff when they need to in front of the televised cameras...when it counts.

Stuff gets way more scripted nowadays, as said by many others in the past. Bryan is just an unfortunate product of him having to follow said script at the satisfaction of the higher ups. He's not Punk. But to lead everything for him to not win the title is just BAD storytelling no matter how hard you spin it.

This shit ain't Game of Thrones and we joke about people leaving the product out of frustration but there will be alot of new eyeballs and to see the bad guys stand tall and have a shit show of an ending, will ultimately turn off said people. Now I can't speak for everyone but yeah fucked storytelling makes a fucked product.

K6r0zQx.png

It's like ya'll never seen a Bryan match before.

Bryan is a great wrestler who was arguably shunned by Vince, and for that the IWC has adopted him... but with regards to his mic skills he is completely ordinary. IMO, the most interesting part of his whole feud the past few months is finding out just how good Steph is on the mic... I'm serious when I suggest she is almost on the same level as Heyman and Vince.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Bryan is a great wrestler who was arguably shunned by Vince, and for that the IWC has adopted him... but with regards to his mic skills he is completely ordinary. IMO, the most interesting part of his whole feud the past few months is finding out just how good Steph is on the mic... I'm serious when I suggest she is almost on the same level as Heyman and Vince.

She's not as good as her husband. Let alone Heyman.

Honestly the whole angle could have been done as effectively without her.

Triple H has made what would have been the worst WM ME ever into something salvageable. Of course it being the worst ever has a lot to do with himself as well.

Stuff gets way more scripted nowadays, as said by many others in the past. Bryan is just an unfortunate product of him having to follow said script at the satisfaction of the higher ups. He's not Punk. But to lead everything for him to not win the title is just BAD storytelling no matter how hard you spin it.

This shit ain't Game of Thrones and we joke about people leaving the product out of frustration but there will be alot of new eyeballs and to see the bad guys stand tall and have a shit show of an ending, will ultimately turn off said people. Now I can't speak for everyone but yeah fucked storytelling makes a fucked product.

Lol at the bold. They've done it many times before. Shit storylines from creative have existed long before Bryan and Punk were ever in WWE. That also shouldn't be news to anyone who's been wrestling as long as they have either.

Based on the matches that we've been presented, I think Trips v Bryan is gonna be match of the night...which Triple H would love. I think it would actually be best for Bryan to not win the title at Wrestlemania, but win it on the Raw after Wrestlemania since those are becoming bigger deals.

She's not as good as her husband. Let alone Heyman.

Honestly the whole angle could have been done as effectively without her.

I think she's as good as HHH, I agree that she isn't as good as Heyman though. (Only Vince is.)
The angle needed her too, not just for now, but for the future. Her cuts into Bryan and his fans have been very effective, and it's good to establish her to a younger generation as the head SOB, in case she takes the reins one day.

Honestly, I always think his wrestling does the talking. You put him in with anyone and he finds a way to make em a million bucks. It's like we forgot Bret Hart existed. I can think of ten matches where Bryan can do a phenomenal job at. His match-ups are the selling point and I can't say that about anybody else besides probably Punk and Michaels. But no throw your tomatoes for I am an internet smark for mentioning Punk and Bryan in the same context.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom