• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wrestlemania XXX Week |OT| We are all legit shook

Are you legit shook?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker

This WM may have the worst buildup since 22 or 19. Just terrible. Hell, it's likely worse. Taker's WM buildup is just fucking lazy, and has been for years.
Wrestlemania 27's build and match card was unbelievably bad. Edge/Del Rio, Punk/Orton, and Cody/Rey? Fine, though Edge's sudden retirement sort of wounded ADR's push. But the rest? Snooki, Triple H-Taker bullshit, Miz, Cena, Michael Cole vs. Jerry Lawler, random six man tag that had Barrett's Corre team lose to Kane, Big Shoe, Kofi and Santino. What a turd that show was.

And Taker relies completely on the machine. His WM feuds for the past five years have relied on nothing but promo videos, lighting effects, and promos from the other guy. Taker doesn't even show up for half the time to the buildup.
I thought the "Streak vs. Career" thing was ok, but nothing great. When they keep beating around the undefeated record it just defies any believability. I'd just wish he fights Kane one last time at Mania and they both retire. Each guy deserves to go out that way.

Ithil

He was never in WWE, so at best he's coming in, not coming back.

But yeah, supposedly he's coming in for a single match against Taker next year and is then retiring. He might be at the next Raw, he might not be in WWE until next year. No way to tell really.

It's a good deal for him. He's on his last legs as a performer, so this way he gets that big WM payday, he gets to fulfil one of the last dream matches in fans' eyes (Sting vs Undertaker), he presumably will get a Legends contract and Hall of Fame spot, and money from Sting merchandise.

I'm sure he'll work hard to get into the best shape for WM 31, too, I expect he'll want to go out with a good match.

Sephzilla

All of Undertaker's WM matches became better once The Streak became a thing that was acknowledged, the only exception being HHH at WM17 (I don't even remember if that was before or after The Streak was a thing, to be honest). Taker in the twilight of his career has had the best match at the last 5 WrestleManias, and some of the best matches in his career.

I really hope Taker's last match isn't against Kane. Lets be real here, the storyline buildups for Taker/Kane matches tend to be good but the matches tend to kind of blow. Kane just simply isn't in Taker's league.

Penguin

BkJDGapIcAAy8-e.jpg:large

Sharp dresser

Striker

I really hope Taker's last match isn't against Kane. Lets be real here, the storyline buildups for Taker/Kane matches tend to be good but the matches tend to kind of blow. Kane just simply isn't in Taker's league.
If you do a final Undertaker match, who's a better candidate to do it against? And Kane is a good worker, but just doesn't have a lot of interesting moves so his matches always tend to be dull.

Sephzilla

If you do a final Undertaker match, who's a better candidate to do it against? And Kane is a good worker, but just doesn't have a lot of interesting moves so his matches always tend to be dull.

Honestly Taker should go out against someone who can really help deliver one last great Undertaker match. At this point that would have to be someone like Bryan, Bray Wyatt, or maybe even Cena. Kane/Taker has been done to death.

Kaladin

Honestly Taker should go out against someone who can really help deliver one last great Undertaker match. At this point that would have to be someone like Bryan, Bray Wyatt, or maybe even Cena. Kane/Taker has been done to death.

You know, I would actually be ok if Bray Wyatt defeated the streak. It would add depth to his character and make him legit.

They could also have him slowly adapt some of Taker's powers after.....he already has the presence about him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Kane/Taker is the only retirement match that matters, and they should both battle to a draw and both retire in a DOUBLE CASKET MATCH

It'd be a good sendoff for Kane too.

There's no decent mid-card matches and Cesaro is put on the pre-show? He's probably gained more momentum than anybody on the roster over the last few months, he's put on the best matches by far, and they just forget about him? I have no idea why they didn't build up his feud with Swagger as it would be something on the mid-card people would give a shit about; at the very least The Real Americans should have been put with Kane over the NAO.

As it stands the card looks utterly abhorrent. Everything's a waste of time that doesn't involve HHH/Bryan or Cena/Bray.

Browny

Banned
WM31 - Sting
WM32 - Cena

32 is in Dallas, so a good place for Taker to retire. Cena looks more legitimate a threat than Bork does at the mo...

Sephzilla

You know, I would actually be ok if Bray Wyatt defeated the streak. It would add depth to his character and make him legit.

They could also have him slowly adapt some of Taker's powers after.....he already has the presence about him.

Bray could definitely be a logical successor to Undertaker

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Card's finalized, I guess it's time for a pick 'em poll! I'll have it up soon.

Penguin

Still weird it's only 7 matches on the show so far.

I mean entrances, video packages and time wasters, but this is a new record for Mania unless they add something, right?

Hasney

Still weird it's only 7 matches on the show so far.

I mean entrances, video packages and time wasters, but this is a new record for Mania unless they add something, right?

I predict that Battle Royal will last some time. They've got some stories going into it to blow through as well.

bigkrev

Wonder how they handle entrances for the Battle Royale. Are they really just going to send all of the geeks out, then play Big Show and Rey's themes only?

Could take a long time otherwise

I was actually looking forward to the tag match

To make it network only is a big fuck you to the foreign fans spending loads on watching it

Also Cesaro and tag champs on pre show is bullshit when they have that sorry ass divas match on

Sephzilla

Let's get cracking, here's the Wrestlemania XXX official Pick'Em - just pick winners. Tiebreakers will probably be the Andre Battle Royale or the Divas Invitational winner since there's so much to pick from.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1cmRsP3dU2soaWtg4_2_HyUXiLvjDpt8J-pRpxP9Jaao/viewform

I'm in. Also, posting my answers here because I can

Preshow Match: Los Matadores vs The Usos vs Rybaxel vs Real Americans
Real Americans

Vickie Guerrero Divas Invitational Championship Match
AJ Lee

Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royale
Big Show

The Shield vs Corporate Kane & New Age Outlaws
Corporate Kane & New Age Outlaws

John Cena vs Bray Wyatt
John Cena

The Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar
Undertaker

Daniel Bryan vs Triple H
Daniel Bryan

Batista vs Randy Orton vs (Bryan/Triple H winner)
Daniel Bryan

bigkrev

The Usos

Brie Bella

Alexander Rusev

The Shield

John Cena vs Bray Wyatt
Bray Wyatt

Undertaker

Daniel Bryan vs Triple H
Daniel Bryan

Daniel Bryan

The Usos

Tamina Snuka

Sheamus

The Shield

John Cena vs Bray Wyatt
John Cena

Undertaker

Daniel Bryan vs Triple H
Daniel Bryan

Triple H. Believe.

Jamie OD

Flying out to New Orleans tomorrow. It hasn't really hit me until now since I left it late deciding if I wanted to go. Gotta get ready... Right after this old episode of Raw on the Network...

DMczaf

Mark Henry is the only man in the Jobber Rumble to have actually touched Andre.

He's got my vote. Fuck you Big Shoe.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The only bad Kane/Taker matches have been because of Taker, not Kane. And then, it's only because Taker was hurt. You give them a chance, and they'll deliver. Besides, I'd rather see a bad Kane/Taker match than a good Cena/Taker match, which is where we may be going.

The Usos

AJ

The Mizzzzzzzzz

The Shield

John Cena vs Bray Wyatt
Bray

Undertaker

Daniel Bryan vs Triple H
Daniel Bryan

Orton

bill0527

Is Sting really coming back?

After Taker beats Lesner and stands victorious in the ring, the lights go out...thunder crashes in the distance, lightning flashes across the arena... the lights go up and Sting is standing in the ring staring down the Undertaker and pointing a baseball bat at him. Sting walks closer to Undertaker, pushes the end of the bat toward his chest, but raises the bat straight up in the air at the last second to reveal the numbers "31" painted on the bat. The lights go out for 30 seconds and when they come back up....Sting is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom