• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WSJ: Americans eat 554 million Jack In The Box tacos per year and no one knows why

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
There was a time when Jack in the Box did "Taco Nachos," which were literally those tacos sliced up with nacho cheese poured on to them along with a few other toppings.

bGSS5Mw.jpg

It's been years since I've had fast food, but IIRC, Burger King tacos are a much better take on the same idea. 2 for a buck, tangy hot sauce, a little cheese, but they're crispier and taste better.

I wonder if JitB eggrolls are still delicious. Eggrolls and tacos back in the day was life. This thread about to make me relapse.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
They're cheap and they taste good, that's why people buy them. Just because the texture of the meat is questionable doesn't mean the whole thing is bad.

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
When I was a kid my family would get 2 dozen of these things and call it dinner. Fond memories.

sqwarlock

These tacos are godlike if you're drunk and/or high and need cheap food at the end of the night.

Honestly though, I enjoy them stone-cold sober too.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
It's been years since I've had fast food, but IIRC, Burger King tacos are a much better take on the same idea. 2 for a buck, tangy hot sauce, a little cheese, but they're crispier and taste better.
Tacos at Burger King? Where are you from, I've never heard of this.

border

We don't have Jack-In-The-Box in the southeast. I think we did briefly in the 90's, until their tainted meat killed a few people and ruined their expansion efforts.

Why would you get these over Taco Bell? They look like they're absolutely terrible.

ReAxion

We don't have Jack-In-The-Box in the southeast. I think we did briefly in the 90's, until their tainted meat killed a few people and ruined their expansion efforts.

Why would you get these over Taco Bell? They look like they're absolutely terrible.

because you also want a brunchfast burger or a sausage breakfast jack and it's literally any time of day or night.

shout out to the bacon ranch monster taco, too.

Sawneeks

Banned
TIL Jack in the Box is a California thing spread to a couple places in the U.S. I thought it was a huge chain like McDonalds and had infested every corner of the States.

on topic though, I can't stand these things. My friends often buy a couple when we go for our midnight snack runs so they are contributing to this problem.

Tacos at Burger King? Where are you from, I've never heard of this.

Pretty sure you can get them here in southern califronia

disclaimer; i rarely eat BK so i could be wrong

Thry don't sell them. For years you could get two free tacos with the receipt. Unfortunately, I knew the existence of such people that would take receipts out of the garbage, use the free wifi in the store, and get multiple free tacos all day long.

I doubt their taco sales would be so high now that it's b1g1 free on a larger sandwich on the receipt. I also haven't noticed any free taco coupons on their mailers in a while.

Ballistik

It's the worst thing ever and yet I order some every time. You guys hate but I have one location near me that I can't bash. This specific location has crazy fast service. There can be 5-6 cars in front of me and they go through them with very little wait. The food always looks really well made and everything is fresh. Like I said, it's most likely due to how popular this location is.

Ugh these things always annoy me. People eat them because ground beef + cheese + lettuce + sauce tastes good and they cost 50 cents. Wow, I cracked the code.

Dishwalla

Banned
The ridiculous thing about JitB not being on the East Coast is we have Qdoba out here, which is owned by JitB. Maybe they don't want you to know they own Qdoba, but they do.

MsVirion

Banned
I got hooked on these when I lived in Arizona, because they tasted almost identical to the Burger King tacos they briefly had that I loved as a kid.

On a trip I finally got a chance to introduce my roommate to them after years of swearing by them. As he ate his third one he informed me that I had ruined his life since we don't have a Jack in the Box in our actual hometown.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
I used to buy 4 tacos for $2 and change but now I just get 2 monster tacos instead. Good stuff.

TheYanger

I had four of them just a few hours ago. They taste perfect for what they are and cost just some change out of change pile in the car. Perfection.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Jack in the Crack makes the best weird junk.

Chili cheese curly fries. Man. What a time to be alive.

BTW, NOT ONE person in America thinks these are real tacos, so please don't tell us about your amazing bodega/truck/hole in the wall.

daveo42

Banned
WSJ must have missed the memo that so many people buy them because they are 2/$1. Cheapest of the cheap when it comes to fast food items. Even McD's can't beat that.

TheYanger

Jack in the Crack makes the best weird junk.

Chili cheese curly fries. Man. What a time to be alive.

BTW, NOT ONE person in America thinks these are real tacos, so please don't tell us about your amazing bodega/truck/hole in the wall.
Pretty much. Same argument I make when people get high and mighty about del taco or taco bell too: we get it, you want "real" tacos. Nobody cares though.

Crap in the cube was a late night tradition in college
That would explain a lot of their advertising.
The Munchie meals come with two of em.. Just saying. And are delicious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom