• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WSJ: Americans eat 554 million Jack In The Box tacos per year and no one knows why

Status
Not open for further replies.
I eat at JOTB occasionally since I find their burgers better than the other cheap fast food places (yes.. low bar), but have never tried their Taco's.

Maybe I will give em a shot.

Owari

Fast food tacos, the ultimate shit tier. Jack in the box isn't even cheap. This honesty baffles the mind.

highrider

Banned
It's good when you're drunk isn't exactly inspiring me. Looks like gas station food. We don't have Jack in the Box where I live

Can't blame the Midwest, we don't have any Jack's here :p

Only tried it once when I was in Las Vegas. Was okay, not crazy about the food.

I really don't think they're as bad as people make them out to be, especially when compared to other fast food. Obviously real mexican tacos are better but it's hard to beat 2 of these for a dollar when it's late at night (which is when I assume most of these are sold).

Chojin

Im guilty of this. Anytime I visit CA or New Mexico I eat a couple of their shitty tacos. They're like a good bad movie to me.

Chojin

The more I think of it its like the West Coast's White Castle. That shit is so good at 3am but if its 9am six hours later and you got leftovers you feel disgust and shame.

Honestly if you treat them like taquitos more than tacos they're pretty good.

Cheap too. Hard to beat that, and it's why they stay on the menu.

ChrisD

I like to get a Breakfast Jack alongside the tacos, so I can eat one like normal, then eat the second on the Jack. I call it a Breakfast Jock-o.

It's probably the most unhealthy Brunch I've ever had, but it's delicious.

Deviousx

2 Tacos, Curly fries, and a Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger.

^ That was my SHIT back in High School. Haven't had JnB in a while but man, I'm craving it just reading this thread lol.

I'm not sorry for having eaten a few of these some weeks ago. Come at me, GAF. Cheap and filling with my Bacon Ultimate and some small curly fries.

Yes, I am overweight. Why do you ask?

Jenov

I've always considered Jack in the Box tacos a tier below Taco Bell... which is pretty bad. The meat just doesn't even resemble meat at that level.

I'm not sorry for having eaten a few of these some weeks ago. Come at me, GAF. Cheap and filling with my Bacon Ultimate and some small curly fries.

Yes, I am overweight. Why do you ask?

That's my FML breakfast when I've had a shit week at work and it's my day off and I have to run errands that day.

I have no regrets.

Muffdraul

I don't consider them tacos per se. I barely consider them food. But damned if they don't light up my taste buds like a christmas tree on the rare occasions when I eat them.

Phreaker

Wow, when I lived in SoCal, a co-worker would want to get these several times a week. I said they are gross, lets get REAL Mexican food. I tried them a couple times but never found the appeal.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Wow, when I lived in SoCal, a co-worker would want to get these several times a week. I said they are gross, lets get REAL Mexican food. I tried them a couple times but never found the appeal.

Sometimes you're in the mood for the authentic stuff, other times you're in the mood for Taco Bell/JitB level stuff.

norm9

It's simple. They're very delicious and hits the spot when you feel like eating a greasy taco. Two of the tacos and an order of the stuffed jalapeños are good late night driving food.

Kaizer

Banned
Hmm, sounds interesting. I've never had one or any JITB for that matter - don't see that many/any in my part of Georgia. However there is a Taco Bell like 2 minutes from my house that I've sworn by for years.

when I had to stretch $20 for a week or so during my college days, you are goddamn right I got two tacos each day. it was tastier than ramen at least.

They're dirt cheap and can be literally dipped in anything. Simple as that.

Somebody should check little Caesars 5 dollar pizzas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom