• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WSJ: Americans eat 554 million Jack In The Box tacos per year and no one knows why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Everyone likes to say how gross fast food is. Well sorry but these franchises continue to operate for a reason. They keep selling.

Kumquat

The later at night it gets the better a Jack in the Box taco tastes. I lived off those things in my musician days.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
No clue why it even was banned to begin with.

I looked into this because I have never heard of "ham and cheese pita" and I thought it was a food, so I googled and I just found food recipes, then I checked KnowYourMeme and it's not there. I literally have no idea what this is. So I asked other moderators and most of them had no idea what this is. Finally, someone pointed out it was a meme image popular on GAF like 8 or 10 years ago where a ham and cheese pita looked like a diseased vagina that people would spam when a trashy tabloid fixture like Lindsey Lohan was in the news. When I searched I found stuff from like 2007-2008.

So let me clear up the record:
- Don't think of individual memes as banned or not banned, think of "why am I posting this" and let that inform your posting.

- If you are spamming a photo designed to look like a diseased vagina, don't? Isn't this obvious?

- Yes, yes, everyone get their kicks in at whatever trainwreck actress/model/hyphenate is in the news but maybe there is a line of decency that it's worth not crossing?

- Most of the time if 500 other people have posted this meme you don't need to be #501

- Even the people who moderate GAF aren't spending their days thinking about minor administrative decisions from a decade ago so it's crazy to us that users are still hung up or fixated on them. Free demi!!!!!

riotous

Banned
A good chunk of the "beef" is actually soy based filler. Nothing wrong with that but it helps explain the odd texture, and maximizes their profitability.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I'll talk shit on food on here all day, and pick up the same shit on the way home from work and not even feel guilty.

Apath

I looked into this because I have never heard of "ham and cheese pita" and I thought it was a food, so I googled and I just found food recipes, then I checked KnowYourMeme and it's not there. I literally have no idea what this is. So I asked other moderators and most of them had no idea what this is. Finally, someone pointed out it was a meme image popular on GAF like 8 or 10 years ago where a ham and cheese pita looked like a diseased vagina that people would spam when a trashy tabloid fixture like Lindsey Lohan was in the news. When I searched I found stuff from like 2007-2008.

So let me clear up the record:
- Don't think of individual memes as banned or not banned, think of "why am I posting this" and let that inform your posting.

- If you are spamming a photo designed to look like a diseased vagina, don't? Isn't this obvious?

- Yes, yes, everyone get their kicks in at whatever trainwreck actress/model/hyphenate is in the news but maybe there is a line of decency that it's worth not crossing?

- Most of the time if 500 other people have posted this meme you don't need to be #501

- Even the people who moderate GAF aren't spending their days thinking about minor administrative decisions from a decade ago so it's crazy to us that users are still hung up or fixated on them. Free demi!!!!!
Wow, thank you for the thorough response. It's not that I ever cared for the picture--was just surprised at the thought of it still being banned, mostly because the forum has significantly loosened up on the acceptance of sexual content in the last 5 years or so.

ReAxion

Ohhh.. is that different than the ranch? I think I remember the ranch being a buttermilk variant.

I do 4 tacos, hot sauce, jumbo jack, no cheese, and a ranch (buttermilk?)

no, it's the same. i believe it used to say "buttermilk ranch sauce" on the packets but i might be misremembering. you ask for ranch, you get "buttermilk house sauce"

dubc35

Everyone likes to say how gross fast food is. Well sorry but these franchises continue to operate for a reason. They keep selling.
Old Jim Gaffigan joke about how to easily make someone feel superior to you; say you ate at mcdonalds today.

Re: jitb tacos: they're cheap

Falchion

Only had them once but they're so cheap I would probably get them on the regular if I had a Jack in the Box near me. Taco Bell is crazy charging $1.20 for their tacos now.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
274715_jack_in_the_box_taco.jpg

convert
I'm not usually one to complain about fast food but that straight up looks terrible.

Da-Kid

Jack in the Box is fine dinning when it comes to munchie food, and they know it and embrace it.

Also, fuck them for raising their standard taco prices from ¢99 for 2, to $1+ for one.

batbeg

Fucking love these things. I've been getting a spicy chicken sandwich and 2 tacos from Jack in the Box for like 9 years, it's the perfect high food.

Kthulhu

It's the single worst item ever conceived from a fast food joint.

But it's a fucking dollar, so god damn right you buy like 5 of em.

Basically.

If food is cheap and easy to get people don't care how bad it tastes. How do you think Taco Bell makes money?

Edit: or they're high as fuck.

gimmmick

Bought some the other day after a night of drinking.

It's great drunk food at 4 am. It's cheap as fuck and you get 2 for 1.20 (I'm surprised they didn't raise the price on these "tacos" till now).

BamfMeat

Even though they're more expensive, I love the nacho tacos :-/

Now I want to stop on the way home and get a few. Gah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom