• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWDC 2017 |OT| iOS 11, macOS 10.13, watchOS 4 & tvOS 11

marrec

Banned
Honestly though if the Siri stuff is even remotely close to google or amazon it'll be worth it just for the privacy stuff alone. I don't like google or amazon listening to the very thing I do..

I like knowing that both Amazon and Google have to listen to me masturbate tbh

Mr. RPG

Keynote was okay. This is definitely a lean update for iOS and macOS in terms of new features. Most of the updates seems to be behind the scenes.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe I can sell my Beloit 15 and pick this up instead. I can probably get 350$ used for it.

Edit a new Beolit 15 is 599 msrp. This is competing with that and so is at 350$ not whatever Bluetooth UE or whatever. Not a bad price assuming anything that works on airplay will work on this.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Google Home $100

Pod Home Home Pod whatever the fuck it is. $350

Aight, whatever.

It's all going to come down to the audio quality, which is what they are arguing is one of the big differentiators between this and other "smart" speakers.

Meh3D

Will file access on iPad make coding on the iPad pro possible?

I was wondering the exact same thing. However, realistically it's not. You need a compiler running on the iPad and a way to run the compiled code.

Still, if you're practicing for a coding interview it's nice for writing snippets of code and testing them out online.

Even worse:

The amazon Echo Show w/ its screen and speakers is only 229

Fuck that Apple tax

Apple sound quality is going to be far better than the Amazon and Google products, assuming this is in the tradition of the ill-fated Apple Hi-Fi. I think Steve would be really happy with this product. I can't wait to hear it.

Nightfall

Seriously disappointed that notifications get no update at all.
They're a mess right now. Not even grouping? Come on...
Nobody in the iOS team can really think it's ok the way it is... or can they?

The iPad stuff looks great though and the homePod looks nice. Hope it'll really sound good.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Should have just called this Apple Home and renamed the home app.

The iPad stuff looks great though and the homePod looks nice. Hope it'll really sound good.
Inevitably there are things that we won't see until iOS 11 launch in September. Don't know why notification grouping would be held back from showing off though.

Guess Who

Banned
Anybody release the new specs for the MacBook Pro line? Really curious what that $1299 model is rocking under the hood.

Just updated. The $1299 model is:

2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor
Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz
8GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory
128GB SSD storage
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640
Two Thunderbolt 3 ports

Also, for those wondering, the 15" now has a Radeon Pro 555 at $2,399.00 and 560 at $2799. Probably only 10-15% bumps over the 455 and 460, but bumps nonetheless.

Welp, I came for macOS and Macbooks and walked away disappointed. The only feature I'm excited about for macOS is APFS and they did nothing to sway me on a new Macbook because of that idiotic pricing. Why not just kill the 12" Macbook when you're pricing it the exact same as a far more capable 13" Macbook Pro? And Air owners still don't have a $999 upgrade path?

So, so stupid.

cjp

The developer beta drops today. I'd wait until that's been picked apart before you discount stuff from being in there. There's usually all sorts of stuff that they never get around to talking about on stage that's included.

Mortemis

Banned
If it's a really good speaker, I don't see how $349 is a really bad price for that plus a voice assistant. I don't really want a voice assistant like echo or google home though so this isn't for me.

Other than that, great keynote, one of their best. I wish we got more features for macOS but it's nice.

Just updated. The $1299 model is:

2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor
Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz
8GB 2133MHz LPDDR3 memory
128GB SSD storage
Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640
Two Thunderbolt 3 ports

Also, for those wondering, the 15" now has a Radeon Pro 555 at $2,399.00 and 560 at $2799. Probably only 10-15% bumps over the 455 and 460, but bumps nonetheless.

Oh, the $1299 price is for the 128GB model and not the 256GB model? I thought it got a price drop.

TimFL

On the fence about the new iPad. I really want multi-user-support by I see why it's not happening. Would be an instant-buy for me if it had multi-user-support so everyone in my household can use it to its fullest potential.

Oh and not surprised that there still isn't Apple Pay, News or the new TV App in germany...

Don't know if I'll go for iOS11 betas this time around... I always tell myself that but I end up installing it anyways.

kaskade

I always love browsing apple.com after a big conference.

Curious to see the impressions of the speaker, At that price I can pretty much get 2 Sonos 1s.

flyover

Apple sound quality is going to be far better than the Amazon and Google products, assuming this is in the tradition of the ill-fated Apple Hi-Fi. I think Steve would be really happy with this product. I can't wait to hear it.
Yeah, it sounds right in his wheelhouse, honestly.

I just hope Apple doesn't pull support for Apple Music from Sonos.

Top Bottom