• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWDC12 Thread of iOS 6, Mac OS X Mountain Lion and iCloud

mrklaw

MrArseFace
15.4 inches across
2880 x 1800
220 PPI

Holy hell.

Thread is moving fast, but I'm not sure I want. It's thin, but you have the same real estate as a 13" air at 1440x900, just sharper. I think I'd prefer a 1920x1080 option to have more actual space

All these additions to Mountain Lion seem fantastic to me. I can't wait to upgrade. Seems like a great extension to how iOS handles things on a mobile platform and bringing more functionality to all devices.

KingKong

iTunes is perfectly fine on OSX. On Windows I refer you to a Steve Jobs quote:

"It's like giving iced water to someone in hell."

I'm using OSX, the iTunes store is super slow (slower than googling something and opening itunes link), theres dumb podcast features missing (no way to do 2x speed), and you can't really customize how to view your music (it keeps switching to the no-album logo view when you select stuff)

not to mention the iPhone syncing options are a mess

apple-wwdc-2012-_0845.jpg

Cross-platform, iOS to Mac

Chris R

Apple should release a BT controller that can work with your MBP/MBA/iPad/iPhone... combine that with Apple TV and Air Play and boom, there is their console.

I spent $900 for a laptop in 2008, it still works also. That's a lot of money for a laptop, no matter how you spin it. I'm not knocking anyone for wanting to buy one, I'm just amused at how much of a bargain folks are saying this is.

well for the technology it's pretty well priced, i think if it was a viao it would be 3k

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Airplay gaming! Awesome! Can't wait to play Diablo III on my TV without actually hooking the device up.

LCfiner

With all this time being spent on Macs, i wonder if iOS 6 will be a relatively minor update, in general. They may only have around 30 minutes for it.

Or else this is a 2 hour+ keynote and they have Forstall knocking people out with a dozen new features.

Top Bottom