• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWDC12 Thread of iOS 6, Mac OS X Mountain Lion and iCloud

apple-wwdc-2012-_0893.jpg

PWN3D!

Interfectum

"Almost all of our users are running iOS 5... now if you compare that to the competition. They released a dairy product, 4.0, about the same time as we released iOS 5. About 7% of their users are running it."

lol

Talon

The Microsoft:Apple corollary on OS pricing is misguided. Apple's a hardware company that controls the software. Microsoft is solely a software company that doesn't build its hardware.

Microsoft can't undervalue its OS upgrades for consumers. Imagine what OEMs will end up paying.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I wonder how Mountain Lion would run on my 2007 MacBook (which I upgraded to Snow Leopard a couple of years ago). :|

Lkr

what does it say though when only half of their userbase uses iMessage and less than half uses game center though?

SimleuqiR

"Almost all of our users are running iOS 5... now if you compare that to the competition. They released a dairy product, 4.0, about the same time as we released iOS 5. About 7% of their users are running it."

127430764390s.gif

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
So does Plex or PS3 Media Server and they don't require an Apple TV!

Damn it that's not a "Game Changer" Whitta!

You really don't see the huge difference between those solutions and being able to push anything on your laptop's screen with the simple click of a button?

TBH, those updates look like they're about worth $20. I mean notifications and a few other okay features?

Most of the changes aren't a big deal, but I've been running the developer preview and the superior iCloud integration and Notification Center are *amazing*. Also, iMessage. Other improvements = meh, but those are unbelievably handy.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
2199 is an ok price. If you upgrade the base 'normal' mbp to a 256 SSD it'd probably be touching 1999 anyway. And the GPU has a bit more memory

Top Bottom