• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWDC12 Thread of iOS 6, Mac OS X Mountain Lion and iCloud

Shit, I can't find the email from two years ago of the developer that permissioned my devices for iOS beta. I need him to unprovision my 3GS and provision my 4S :( I don't suppose any GAF developers can help me out?

No Apple TV talk.

Guess we'll have to wait a while to find out if it'll ever be opened-up for "channels" and such.

Also, guess any Mac Pro announcement isn't exciting enough, and will be done through the website.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Lol the Verge frontpage is hilarious. 100% Apple.

Anyways, that was exciting. Excellent way to brighten up the month that E3 shit on.

Two more weeks til I/O, so hopefully June can be fully redeemed.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
Sony, MS, ninten do. This is how you do a conference. Please learn. Focus on shit that MATTERS. Focus on announcements that the E3 audience will care about. Thank you Apple.

CrankyJay

Banned
With iOS 6 not hitting until fall (presumably with the launch of the iPhone 5), I'm a little more comfortable with the idea of waiting until then to upgrade from my crummy LG Rumor Touch.

Yah, I'm not sure why would they launch the phone without i0S6 pre-installed on it...would be silly to release it and then have people upgrade OS later, lol

Real tempted to upgrade from my 4 now.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
absolutely . we need to compare actual results for business searches. reliability of the turn by turn directions. bunch of stuff needs to be in the hands of people before we can say who good or bad it is.

indeedy. Apple looks to have great tech on their hands, they just need to flesh it out with content that at least matches that of Google. i'm eager to try it out, as Maps is by far my most used app on both my phone next to Mail.

simply having the 'standard' view be served as vectors instead of gif/pngs will save a good deal in bandwidth and improve usability. that change alone would make me happy.

taoofjord

I've got an October 2008 Macbook Pro with 2.8GHZ Intel Core 2 Duo and 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3. Anyone know how the new high-end Macbook Air compares to this?

Regarding any iOS 6 "disappointment":

We have until the fall. Things can change between now and then.

Hey, Mountain Lion got some new things since we last saw it.

Apple just showed game companies how E3 is done. Mad mega tonnes. They also showed google how it's done, you know, actually shipping things with dates and whatnot. Kept promises.

NekoFever

The best part is I didn't follow that keynote too closely, so as soon as the the video appears on Apple's site I get to go through it all over again, probably with bits I missed.

LCfiner

but...but...iOS is still "boring"

you know what? the people who find iOS boring would not see anything in iOS 6 to change their minds.

I think it’s still the best mobile OS out there, but the people who don’t like it will always want it to be way different than what it’s supposed to be.

gcubed

Lol the Verge frontpage is hilarious. 100% Apple.

Anyways, that was exciting. Excellent way to brighten up the month that E3 shit on.

Two more weeks til I/O, so hopefully June can be fully redeemed.

i'll bet you in 2 weeks the front page will get 100% Google. What else would you expect to be on there?

stupei

Don't think they'd spend time on iMac and Mac Pro spec updates. I'm sure it'll be a silent store update sooner rather than later.

Thanks, guys.

Figured if anything it'd just be a quick slide up on screen or something, but everyone at work is asking me.

I'm personally really pleased with the news about the new Macbook Pro but everyone here is still very doom and gloom since FCX's release.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Let me ask this again, if I got in on the GAF Beta list for iOS5 will I still be known as a developer? Can I download the iOS6 beta?

snacknuts

we all knew her
The pass thing was neat and the crowd-sourcing for traffic is nice, but consider me underwhelmed and not regretting my decision to ditch my iPhone. Related: I have a white 32GB iPhone 4S (VZW) for sale if anyone is interested. $500 shipped.

Top Bottom