• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWDC12 Thread of iOS 6, Mac OS X Mountain Lion and iCloud

tigerin

If anyone is interested in helping a poor sod upgrade to a newer MBA (or maybe even the Retina MBP...) by taking the 2011 model I currently have off my hands I updated my post in the B/S/T thread.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=38786083&postcount=5292

As for screen size, Xcode is a little bit of an issue to use at 13" I mean it isn't impossible, but I'd rather use a 15" MBP instead of a 13" MBA.
Hmmm....I might be interested. I have my eyes on the refurbished one right now on the apple store. But you can sell it on Craigslist if you need to sell it right away because I'm still thinking it over.
It's a pain man. You have to be patient and sift through a lot of the typical Nigerian email scam replies that you'll get. 1 out of every 10 people will actually make you a serious offer. I've had good experiences with the serious offers I have received and they ended up being very good people. Sold an iMac, a ps3, and an old iPod on there with no problems. Always met at a coffee shop.
Is it still a better route than amazon/ebay? And what was the average timespan it took for you to put it on Craigslist and actually found someone who bought it?

Wasn't sure where else to ask, but, does anyone think Apple will upgrade the iPod line this year? They didn't last year (and I'm not sure if there are even any rumors they will..), and I wanna get one for my little brother but I'm not sure if I should wait only for them to add a new color or some shit or just get one now...?

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
Wasn't sure where else to ask, but, does anyone think Apple will upgrade the iPod line this year? They didn't last year (and I'm not sure if there are even any rumors they will..), and I wanna get one for my little brother but I'm not sure if I should wait only for them to add a new color or some shit or just get one now...?
Should be new iPod Touches when the new iPhone is announced. Not sure about the Classic.

Craigslist is a breeze selling anything and you will always get top dollar if you follow these rules:

1) Take good pictures: have at least 3 pics of the product from several angles.
2) Format your post using basic HTML tags(<b>, <h1>)to highlight features or quality of the product.

tigerin

Craigslist is a breeze selling anything and you will always get top dollar if you follow these rules:

2) Format your post using basic HTML tags(<b>, <h1>)to highlight features or quality of the product.
Hmmm....good rules. Smart man is smart. :)

lupin23rd

they can handle games that old fine, newer games will probably be low-medium settings though.

Diablo 3?
The Witcher?

Still undecided about whether I should go with the 13" Air, or the Retina beast. On the one hand I wouldn't mind something portable that I can take around and do some of those GAF writing challenges, on the other hand I've waited so long why not go with the hot shit? I don't have experience with a 15" model to know whether the Air-like dimensions would be portable enough for me.

rozay

Banned
Diablo 3?
The Witcher?

Still undecided about whether I should go with the 13" Air, or the Retina beast. On the one hand I wouldn't mind something portable that I can take around and do some of those GAF writing challenges, on the other hand I've waited so long why not go with the hot shit? I don't have experience with a 15" model to know whether the Air-like dimensions would be portable enough for me.
I'm playing diablo 3 fine in inferno on my sandy bridge i5 with HD3000 graphics, ivy bridge with the HD4000 should handle it fine.

Not sure if the airs use ULV chips and if so, how that would affect performance or not though. Been meaning to try the first witcher but haven't gotten around to buying it yet, so not sure about that.

I just realized the new mbp screens are still 16:10 rather than 16:9, so that's like 200 million points to apple in my book. Probably the only completely valid reason in my mind to purchase an apple laptop for myself.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Since these were shipping today any chance they will have display models in store tomorrow. Want to see the retina and size difference in person before I decide if buying one is worth murdering my wallet :/

Very pleased with the keynote. Hoping public transit integration is as robust as the turn-by-turn directions.

After a rather dire E3, it's easy to see why Apple is so dominant in everything they put their full force behind. They don't half-ass, and they know what their customers want to see and hear.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)

I bet your CL ads are as good as your OT threads

noah111

Still Alive
Getting ahold of the ML somehow is tempting as fuck, but i'll wait the extra month. :D

Surprised they didn't get the new MBP's out with ML on board, obviously that's what they were going for (with the whole 'free to upgrade if you buy' deal) but it just didn't fit in together..

NawidA

Banned
Diablo 3?
The Witcher?

Diablo 3 and the Witcher should run alright though you'll be playing on minimum settings with Diablo 3, most likely.

New-iPhone-5-Busted.jpeg

Elongated iPhone 5 spotted?

Isn't Airbnb that service where a bunch of people's apartments got trashed a while back? Or am I thinking of something else?

Supposedly Airbnb paid the owner cash to stop trashing the company it never went any further. So anyone else going to keep the faith and hold out hope on a spec bumped 27" iMac ?

Diablo 3?
The Witcher?

I know how it feels, bro. I'm just going to read up on it as articles, benchmarks trickle. No need to buy this right now, I can wait a week or two.
I've been waiting so long, after all.

giga

Deciding between these two.

tE8Po.png

13"
- 7 hours battery
- 1440x900 (not just higher res, but superior 16:10)
- SD card slot
- slightly faster
- 3 lbs

11"
- 5 hours battery
- 1366x768 (16:9)
- 2.4 lbs

Seems like a no brainer unless the weight and $100 really matters?

noah111

Still Alive
You said it yourself, really a no brainer from what you seem to be looking for/want. Definitely 13".

When the time comes later this year it's going to be tough trying to justify buying a retina MBP over the standard. But man if I don't expect whatever I get to last me the next 3-5 years again.

tE8Po.png

13"
- 7 hours battery
- SD card slot
- slightly faster
- 3 lbs

11"
- 5 hours battery
- 2.4 lbs

No 8GB RAM?

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Deftly priced by apple. :/

If I buy a oldMBP I want the 2,199 version for 1GB video ram and the spec bump on the processor. but then that is the same base price as the retina MBP base model

The 2,199 retina MBP there is no option for upgrading the SDD without jumping up to the 2,599 version. But since both versions have the 1GB video RAM, I am less likely to pitch in for just a processor spec bump, but I can't upgrade the SSD without taking the spec bump. I also can't save a little by doing ram upgrade to 16GB myself.

Apple tax on the 16GB of RAM on neoMBP is not that bad actually, it is only about 60 more than you would be paying currently anyway (caveat being that it won't drop in price over the next year while so-DIMMS surely will). $400 for the bump up to 512SSD isn't bad either, but once all of this is on top of 2,199 base price it really adds up :/

RBH

tE8Po.png

13"
- 7 hours battery
- SD card slot
- slightly faster
- 3 lbs

11"
- 5 hours battery
- 2.4 lbs

Go for the 13".

JackEtc

My order has gone to "awaiting action", wtf?

"Action required: We have attempted to contact you regarding your order. Please contact us at 1-800-692-7753, Option 2."

Whogie

I got that too and called. They said not to worry about it, they're just reviewing the order and nothing needs to be done.

Check in tomorrow.

JackEtc

I got that too and called. They said not to worry about it, they're just reviewing the order and nothing needs to be done.

Check in tomorrow.

Cool, thanks for letting me know. The last thing I wanted to do was have to get on the phone with support at midnight :lol

Maybe they'll see I paid for expedited shipping and ship out my MBP earlier than 7-10 days! A man can dream.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Okay. I'm getting a Mac for school in August. Macbook Pro 13" vs Macbook Air 13". What are the advantages of getting a Macbook Pro?

Top Bottom