• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE '12 |OT| The People's OT

Sinthetic

I like the look of this, I think I'm going to pick it up when it goes cheap. I used to love No Mercy and Wrestlemania 2000.

RBH

Amazon
WWE '12 (360/PS3) for $47.00 (includes The Rock playable character DLC + $10 Amazon credit):

http://www.amazon.com/WWE-12-Xbox-360/dp/B...1144&sr=8-1

Target
WWE '12 for $47 (includes The Rock playable character DLC)

Best Buy
WWE '12 - 360/PS3 - $59.99
Free WWE: The Rock DVD with purchase
Free The Rock DLC character with purchase

Kmart
Buy WWE '12, get a $20 gaming coupon.

Toys R Us
Free $10 Gift Card with purchase of WWE '12 for Xbox 360 or PS3

I hope the unannounced dlc guys are:

Ultimate Warrior
Mr. Perfect
Scott Hall
Rick Rude
Andre The Giant

this roster is the best its been since... here comes the pain i think.

I hope the unannounced dlc guys are:

Ultimate Warrior
Mr. Perfect
Scott Hall
Rick Rude
Andre The Giant

this roster is the best its been since... here comes the pain i think.

That'd be decent. How many DLC packs do they tend to release? So far I see they've announced 2:

Day 1 (Announcers Pack) and a Diva's Pack.

and then there's:

Mick Foley
Macho Man Randy Savage
Batista
Brock Lesnar
Brodus Clay

to be released too.

joeposh

Actually looking forward to this. Havent pre ordered a wrestling game in years but Rock+LOD has me sold.

Same, just burned my $20 Amazon credit from BF3 on this. Seems like THQ is finally getting it together (recently picked up All Stars and really enjoyed it as well).

Toki767

I'll probably break down and buy this since I have $30 K-Mart credit. So I'll spend $30 on this and get another $20 coupon. Unless every other review besides IGN totally bashes this game.

That'd be decent. How many DLC packs do they tend to release? So far I see they've announced 2:

Day 1 (Announcers Pack) and a Diva's Pack.

and then there's:

Mick Foley
Macho Man Randy Savage
Batista
Brock Lesnar
Brodus Clay

to be released too.
Lesnar is already in the game as an unlockable, in case they sways someones purchase.

Sweeper17

Neo Member
It sucks that the graphics have taken a hit sine DOR2 and SvR06 where the peak graphics wise dont think well see those details again even on PS4.

in these WWE games does the A.I have real individuality?

Thing I love about Fire Pro and KOC 2 is each wrestler feels completely different. The A.I is the best in any wrestling game as Spike CPU logic is very good.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Been playing it all day and it's defiantly my favorite wrestling game, i am sure the no mercy fanboys will shit on it but nothing will ever meet their expectations even though no mercy was flawed in many ways including the actual wrestling mechanics.

It's still arcade'ish but it feels more fluid and tight and i really like the limb target system they put in where when you grapple you can target limbs, it still has problems but it defiantly feels "new" you can tell they made a ton of changes and i am actually excited to see where it goes from here because it's a really fun game i don't care much for the story mode which isn't a surprise since it never was really good but they improved the "GM" mode a lot, it's still got the issues that will most likely never be "fixed" in a wrestling game like the recovery rate or announcing and i really don't care for the punching/kicking sounds.. they sound like they are soundbites from a 70s B action film.

I will probably get thrown under the bus for thinking this is my favorite wrestling game but so be it, it's an opinion and i still think no mercy is overrated and people only keep it on a pedestal out of nostalgia, NM was a great game 10+ years ago but let it go, you won't get a NM2 and the closest you ever got was the early GC wrestling games.

I just hope in WWE '13 they continue to take the sim route and push it further, some animation is still a tad wonky but no where near as bad as last years.

I thought the same thing until i actually played it, some times it can get a bit wonky but if any other smackdown game didn't put you off this wont because its few and far between, it's 1000000x more fluid and less wonky then SDVR '11

Was this copied from the WE Gamefaqs board? I stopped giving a fuck about No Mercy years ago (besides I liked WM 2000 better). I enjoyed last years game with universe mode so if its any improvement on that, thats all I really care about.

styl3s

Was this copied from the WE Gamefaqs board? I stopped giving a fuck about No Mercy years ago (besides I liked WM 2000 better). I enjoyed last years game with universe mode so if its any improvement on that, thats all I really care about.
Why the fuck would i give gamefaqs traffic?

I wish I could replace commentators for the Nitro arena. I want some Tony Schiavone in there.
Mark Madden all the way.

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
I was going to buy this, because I love wrestling games. After last year's disgusting DLC campaign, plus pre-order bonuses, I think I'll give it a miss until it's cheap. I don't want to have to navigate a ridiculous maze of distributed content. It's bullshit.

Interested to see what Gaf thinks of it, though.

BFIB

Mark Madden all the way.[/QUOTE said:
wYycb.gif

Give me this duo:

heenangorilla.jpg

Debating which system to get it on. I preordered it on PS3 but I'm thinking that 360 has generally been the better platform for this franchise.

Captain N

Debating which system to get it on. I preordered it on PS3 but I'm thinking that 360 has generally been the better platform for this franchise.

I should be getting the PS3 version from Amazon tomorrow, but I agree about the 360 version. Ever since it came.out on 360 and not PS3 the first year it moved to this Gen. I've got a feeling most people will go 360.

JdFoX187

Banned
The Xbox 360 is usually the better one. Striker, another WrassleGAF poster, and I are both getting it. You should hop online with us some time. We could always use better players and less douches.

blurrygil

Got my preorder set at GameStop! HYPE!!!

I originally, say as of about 5 weeks ago, had ZERO interest in the game. Then they started announcing sh*t left and right. Saw some updated vids of the gameplay...and I'm f**kin SOLD!!!!!!!

Gonna have to completely re-work my "workplace" and "best friend" federations. Their characters, stories...all of it. But it's looking like it'll be worth it! :-D

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd rather they save old school dlc guys for WWE All Stars 2, honestly.

I'd rather see alumni like Tajiri, Jericho, JBL, etc

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can't remember where I read it, but I seem to remember it being said there won't be any All Stars 2. I could be imagining things.

There won't be one next year. They're working on Brawl or whatever, but I doubt they ever said 'No All Stars 2' because it did better than Legends and reviewed better than the Yukes games

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I will pick this up tomorrow at Target. A guy I know worked on this title. He worked on EA MMA, left that team to go to THQ. He told me during development, they were going to slowly introduce a more sim-oriented gameplay with better storylines. I do look forward to seeing how it turned out.

Kaladin

Question:

Do I go to Walmart tonight after midnight and get the game at full price or....

wait till tomorrow after work and pick up the game from Target for $47.

Captain N

I can't remember where I read it, but I seem to remember it being said there won't be any All Stars 2. I could be imagining things.

I thought images and things leaked from the 2012 Arcade title that is some crazy brawler or over the top. Cartoon coming and all.

TangMeng

Just pre-ordered on Amazong and it said I'll get it on the 29th :/. That's with Prime too.

I can't remember the last time I pre-ordered anything. Maybe the N64.

Top Bottom