• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE '12 |OT| The People's OT

Nelo Ice

Banned
Didn't you watch the stream? Cara was in a match and the game started glitching out.

Stream is laggin and I'm watching it on off since im downloading arkham city. Also im guessing my internet does not want me downloading batman and watching a stream since it keeps randomly cutting out.

Shady859

Bought it from Amazon sunday afternoon for $47 with $10 coupon. Still hasn't shipped. :( I'm a 360 guy.

LOL @ video Demolition is in the game!

Lunchbox

Banned
VzJOE.png

TheBear

I'm so confused. Did this actually turn out to be good? Other than All Stars, I haven't played a wrestling game since the first Smackdown game.

Mr. Sam

I'm so confused. Did this actually turn out to be good? Other than All Stars, I haven't played a wrestling game since the first Smackdown game.

Game Informer certainly didn't like it. Still waiting for more reviews.

Edit: Furthermore:

It would be one thing if these moments were limited to DQs and run-ins, but the method of triggering these events is the worst part. The majority of matches require annoyingly specific actions that detract from the experience. During a triple threat match involving Big Show and Alberto Del Rio, my objective was to finish off Big Show in the ring. Naturally, I tried to beat him up and pin him for a three-count. Confused at why the pin button wasn’t working, after I landed another finisher I realized it was disabled because the scripted outcome required Big Show to pin Alberto Del Rio, making it an unwinnable match.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/wwe_12/b/xbox360/archive/2011/11/22/review.aspx

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
LOL. Sounds like a pre-booked match. Weren't the issues like that in No Mercy during the story mode?

I remember that No Mercy had canned angles regurgitated from the year before. My roommate at the time had the game and played season mode as Triple H. It kinda lost something when Triple H was calling Stephanie McMahon a trashbag ho when it was clear the angle was meant for Jericho. Honestly, No Mercy's story mode was kind of ass.

I remember that No Mercy had canned angles regurgitated from the year before. My roommate at the time had the game and played season mode as Triple H. It kinda lost something when Triple H was calling Stephanie McMahon a trashbag ho when it was clear the angle was meant for Jericho. Honestly, No Mercy's story mode was kind of ass.

Yeah, I struggled with it as well. Some of the stipulations to complete a match were ridiculous and frustrating. Sounds like WWE 12 has similar issues. I might just stick to Universe mode if it gets too frustrating.

Sounds like its the only thing they hate and RTWM has never been good.

Besides who buys WWE games for that? people buy it for GM mode (aka universe mode), online modes, offline modes and caw stuff. Which is all fantastic.

I remember really enjoying the RTWM mode a couple of years back. Some really good storylines - better than TV.

Is the create a story stuff in this game?

styl3s

The Xbox 360 is usually the better one. Striker, another WrassleGAF poster, and I are both getting it. You should hop online with us some time. We could always use better players and less douches.
they are always identical performance/graphic wise

I remember really enjoying the RTWM mode a couple of years back. Some really good storylines - better than TV.

Is the create a story stuff in this game?
Yup and it's much better then last year, same with the titan tron creator.

Also the WWE Universe is vastly superior and feels alive this year, add the ability to create full blown shows thanks to the arena creator it gets even better, although i don't have all the WCW caws i want right now i still have Nitro/Thunder on my wwe universe.

Once the CAWs start rolling in ill flesh it out and add impact/ecw. It's addictive.

Also i don't know if it was in last years game but in the E 'Verse you can fully injure people in this one

they are always identical performance/graphic wise

Uh, 2010 had random hitches on PS3 that didn't happen on 360. Also the PS3 version of 2010 had less layers in CAW mode than the 360 version. But other than that I can't think of anything notable. People say the 360 version usually looks cleaner/crisper than the PS3 one, can't comment on the validity of that statement.

styl3s

Uh, 2010 had random hitches on PS3 that didn't happen on 360. Also the PS3 version of 2010 had less layers in CAW mode than the 360 version. But other than that I can't think of anything notable. People say the 360 version usually looks cleaner/crisper than the PS3 one, can't comment on the validity of that statement.
i had 0 hitches in any of the SVR games on ps3 and last year i put a considerable amount of time in both the 360 and ps3 version i saw 0 differences.

who plays wrestling games for the story mode? the entire road to wrestlemania is garbage and has always been garbage imo.

a more sandboxy wwe universe season mode is the better idea, although smackdown 2s season mode was a little bizarre.

ZOMBIESUPSTAR HAS ARRIVED

*2 months pass*

ZOMBIESUPASTAR IS THINKING

i had 0 hitches in any of the SVR games on ps3 and last year i put a considerable amount of time in both the 360 and ps3 version i saw 0 differences.

It isn't something that's debatable, 2010 had hitches on PS3, I guess you were just fortunate enough to not notice them. Somehow.
Unless you're talking about 2011, which was fine.

http://m.ign.com/articles/1037493

Now, the heart of the matter: PS3 vs. 360. Both games look great, but the 360 has richer colors than the PS3. The PS3 can upload Highlight Reels to YouTube from an in-game option and the 360 cannot. The PS3 load times are better, but there's a weird hitch every now and again where gameplay pauses for a split-second.

who plays wrestling games for the story mode? the entire road to wrestlemania is garbage and has always been garbage imo.

a more sandboxy wwe universe season mode is the better idea, although smackdown 2s season mode was a little bizarre.

ZOMBIESUPSTAR HAS ARRIVED

*2 months pass*

ZOMBIESUPASTAR IS THINKING

I loved Smackdown 2's season mode. I was so disappointed when Smackdonw 3 didn't have it. Just Bring It was a garbage release for the first PS2 title. I'm still pissed about it.

I loved Smackdown 2's season mode. I was so disappointed when Smackdonw 3 didn't have it. Just Bring It was a garbage release for the first PS2 title. I'm still pissed about it.

i remember getting jbi and thinking, this is like a ps1 game they switched to ps2 halfway through, turned on filtering and redid the heads and left everything else ps1.

Qatar

seems that people have issues with Amazon,I ordered it 2 days ago and it got shipped yesterday, and should be arriving today :)

i remember getting jbi and thinking, this is like a ps1 game they switched to ps2 halfway through, turned on filtering and redid the heads and left everything else ps1.

Also, they stripped a bunch of modes from the second game. The graphics didn't piss me off as much as that. There was barely anything to do in the game beyond the crappy story mode.

Magic Wands and sex changing wrestlers are what is missing from modern wrestling. HERE THAT TNA?

I dare say the "Hand Birth" incident is what killed wrestling for me. I barely watch it on TV anymore.

Kaladin

I just went and picked up my copy of WWE '12. I'm glad I went before work instead of after because I got the last copy.

Also, there is a 249MB launch day 1.01 patch on PS3.

Kaladin

Ok, I've got an odd issue with WWE '12. When I load WWE '12, the game goes to 720x480i, SD. This only happens on WWE '12. I just loaded Uncharted, and that plays at 1920x1080. Any idea on the issue?

And in case Uncharted wasn't a clue, it's PS3.

Edit: figured it out, WWE '12 is a 720p game, I didn't have 720p set as a display option.

King_Moc

Banned
Tempted by this. Loved No Mercy, but abhor the Smackdown series. I had one round of this at the Eurogamer Expo, which wasn't really enough to tell. The grappling mechanic seemed ok though. It makes reversal buttons flash up though, which is annoying, but with the reactions required, you pretty much needed to know when they were gonna appear anyway, which isn't too bad.

Kaladin

First Impressions of WWE '12 after a few matches: I love this game. The flow of the in ring action has vastly improved since past games. This is probably the best game since Here Comes The Pain, and I've played most of them, and at least all of them since this generation.

Wow, talk about a huge difference in reviews...

IGN = 9.0

Game Informer = 5.5 out of 10

well unless i missed something the G.I. reviewer just bitched about the road to wrestlemania, so unless there's more to it than that, who gives a shit.

edit: reread his reviews, 90% is RtW bitching, and the rest seems good to great.

Top Bottom