• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE '12 |OT| The People's OT

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I do like that there's a lot more going on in Universe mode this time rather than just 'enemies try to shake hands. never do'.

Like Cena was coming out for a match, Miz was in the audience and socked him in the face.

JdFoX187

Banned
Striker and I are online playing right now. Anyone interested in some matches send either MasterFox187 or Striker029 a message.

If I can find enough GAF/Wrasslin-GAF people to buy this we are starting a League. I'm waiting a few weeks to see if the online is solid and some bugs get patched.
Striker and I are online playing right now. Anyone interested in some matches send either MasterFox187 or Striker029 a message.
... didn't Striker say the game would suck awhile ago?

Toki767

Just bought the game on PS3. Can't wait to try it out and maybe play a few games with you guys since I feel like random opponents online will be pretty cheap.

He says that every year. And then subsequently turns around and buys it every year. It's a good game though, surprisingly.
wYycb.gif

Striker is a Little Whiner... I'm shocked.

Damn it

Cena is tough to beat in this game. I just got violated with Punk. Love the pacing in the matches so far. None of this "1 minute match crap" from past games. I used my CAW against Santino and had a nice 5-7 minute match.

Feels good man

I'm going to get a list of people now who have it on whatever system.

PLEASE POST WHAT SYSTEM YOU HAVE THIS GAME ON!!!!

PS3:
canadian crowe
djsandman
G-Fex
Toki767

XBox 360:
Purexed
DoctorWho
Striker (Little Whiner)
JdFoX187
blurrygil
Liquidsnake
Petrie
TheApatheticOne

PS3:
canadian crowe
djsandman
G-Fex
Kyoufu
Toki767

XBox 360:
Purexed
DoctorWho
Striker (Little Whiner)
JdFoX187
Thanks for adding me to the list. Beat me to the punch.

Game is amazing. RTWM is kind of wearing thin, but it's still decent.

Maddness

My friend and I used to watch wrestling years ago and loved playing wrestling games. We were super lame and made a tag team called Fire and Ice.

anyway we have been waiting for the next awesome wrestling installment since Wrestlemania 2000.

Is this finally it? Are the controls great? How's the CAW? Can you do a Tag Team co-op story mode like the days of old?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah, after playing a bunch of my brother's copy today, I might have to buy my own copy. Game's much better than the last... 8

blurrygil

Please add the Blurry One to the 360 list. >:)

I'm absolutely enjoying the meat of the game thus far, being the gameplay.

Does ANYONE know how to remove belts from the various Superstars? I bought the Axxess Pack and it unlocked every belt. Then assigned every belt TO SOMEONE...guh. I cannot figure out how to remove them. And no, I don't want to re-assign them as the game pulls the entire roster for Universe Mode and can therefore have them appear with their belt.

Anywhoo, besides the above, I'm havin a blast...!!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Please add the Blurry One to the 360 list. >:)

I'm absolutely enjoying the meat of the game thus far, being the gameplay.

Does ANYONE know how to remove belts from the various Superstars? I bought the Axxess Pack and it unlocked every belt. Then assigned every belt TO SOMEONE...guh. I cannot figure out how to remove them. And no, I don't want to re-assign them as the game pulls the entire roster for Universe Mode and can therefore have them appear with their belt.

Anywhoo, besides the above, I'm havin a blast...!!

For exhibitions you can just press x to remove on the Title mode in options. In Universe mode you have to edit superstars. Personally, I gave all the non-important titles to Vince.

Toki767

Do we know how much each DLC character willl cost? $12 seems kind of cheap for all of them but I really don't want many of the characters.

PS3:
canadian crowe
djsandman
G-Fex
Toki767

XBox 360:
Purexed
DoctorWho
Striker (Little Whiner)
JdFoX187

I have it for the 360. Loving it so far I e spent 16 hours with it. 8 straight today. I can't stop. And all you Cara haters he holds three belts in my Universe. He headlined Wrestlemania.

Gt Liquidsnake00

Striker

wYycb.gif

Striker is a Little Whiner... I'm shocked.
SvR '11 for example DID suck. I think I ended up selling it two months or so after we played a bit online.

This one is better. Time will tell if it will have longevity. I'm for certain not purchasing any DLC for it, because every time THQ fucks over the consumer. We will see in addition to the DLC coming out if they split the population in doing so.

G-Fex

I downloaded someone's CAW Sting and Jeff Hardy, they're in the top list, I gotta get the Ric Flair and Hogan too.

They did a good job doing both.

From everything I've seen of the game, I think the really positive reviews are HIGHLY overrating it and the "Predator tech" and "reboot" of the gameplay are just marketing crap. Not too much has really changed at all from a gameplay standpoint aside from the button layout, minimal warping, making the AI more aggressive, and going back to a button mashing submission system. Hell, some areas like weapon physics interaction and hit detection seem to have become even worse. The strike impacts are still as "soft" and floaty as they've been since Smackdown 1, the reversal system is still canned and generic, still no "wrestler style" based gameplay, a lot of the mo-capped animations look much worse then when they hand animated stuff, Universe 2.0 still seems to have a bunch of issues holding it back, etc. etc.

The creation portions of the game are certainly enough to carry it, and the gameplay isn't terrible, but the 9/10, and 5/5 scores are way off. It's basically SvR 2011 Ver. 1.1

shaowebb

Anyone able to post a match?
I want to know if they added wrestling this time around or if I'm still just going to have to punch/kick or running attack my way toward making my way at any grappling. Course by that time its stocked finisher time so...

Also did they clean up the grapple system any? They used to tend to clunk and flop at each other on occasion and it'd look like two guys stumbling trying to bow to each other or some crap.

Final question...does the AI do its job now? Computer used to go derp derp about whether to tag in a partner and they would walk laps back and forth to their corner trying to decide. Plus its main approach was to simply run at me or spam striking moves. Also the 3 count system used to just plain suck and it wouldn't really give a shit how much you mashed out of a pinfall attempt. It'd just declare you dead.

I'm hoping this is actually a wrestling game this time around is the thing...not just 40 or 50 new CAW parts that all clip through models and an updated roster with a few new gimmicks for matches again. I can't really trust the WV review. I live in WV and they give any game a solid if it involves manly sports of any kind. Thats why I'm asking you guys.

So...hows it fair on my questions?

EDIT: Ahahaha! Oh WOW. That is pure shit. Just looked up footage and found some stuff online
Looks like its a bit better with allowing strike counters into moves, but seriously? Seriously? No way. I'm out. I'm glad you guys are having fun, but they didn't really change a whole helluva lot here and it'll take a major overhaul before I head back in.
Looks like they didn't fix a thing I mentioned.

King_Moc

Banned
I have it for the 360. Loving it so far I e spent 16 hours with it. 8 straight today. I can't stop. And all you Cara haters he holds three belts in my Universe. He headlined Wrestlemania.

Are you Cena in it? You really spent 16 hours doing the same 5 moves?

Do they have wrestlers signature moves in the CAW? for example Taz's Tazplexes, Halls Outsiders Edge, Hogans Leg Drop, Warriors clothline's, Goldbergs version of the spear and his powerslams, RVD's 5 Star and crazy kicks etc. If I can get good complete CAW's than this will be my first wrestling game I buy since 07.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Hit detection still looks wonky as ever. Hopefully they release a demo.

I've played a few matches and I found it improved to a degree, however my biggest complaint about the Yukes engine still remains. Running attacks mostly have no weight to them and they seldom knock the other guy down. Is there any running strike in wrestling that doesn't knock your opponent down (outside of the supervillain no sell?)

Overall I like it. The grappling scheme does have a flow to it. Submissions have been neutered though.

Top Bottom