• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE '12 |OT| The People's OT

I think you can have 50 CAWs in total, including ones you make and ones you download.

Hmm okay. 50 is an OK number if I just want to have the wrestlers I care about in the game.

So does this game let you create PPV's still? It'd be neat to put together the card for Wrestlemania 3, or Wrestlemania X8 for example. And if so, then that 50 number for CAWs actually seems a little small.

Hmm okay. 50 is an OK number if I just want to have the wrestlers I care about in the game.

So does this game let you create PPV's still? It'd be neat to put together the card for Wrestlemania 3, or Wrestlemania X8 for example. And if so, then that 50 number for CAWs actually seems a little small.

I remember when I'd kill for 50 spots in a game.

Love the game except for one thing. The pinning system sucks. I have nephews and my son who year in year out play this game and they cant kick out of a pin. Should be a way to go back to mashing way like last year.

Love the game except for one thing. The pinning system sucks. I have nephews and my son who year in year out play this game and they cant kick out of a pin. Should be a way to go back to mashing way like last year.

I like the concept but I think they need to give more leeway on the first pin sometimes. Maybe give you a wider marker to hit. It would make matches a little more exciting.

I managed to get a couple of 2 and a half counts that I jumped out of and I was positively pumped when I did.

You can't change it back to the button mashing version in the options? I think you were able to do the same with SvR 2011.

Kaladin

That Sheamus story in RTWM mode is kind of awesome. It's nothing WWE would ever run with in real life (Drew McIntyre gets the biggest push he's ever had ), but it's still awesome. Especially the way it ends.

Qatar

Caws.ws was one of my favorite sites, but ever since they made the create and share thing, I never went there. as creating detailed wrestlers is too time consuming.

Tendo

Played about 5 hours tonight with some buds. How do you reverse? I SWEAR i am hitting RT the second that prompt shows up and...nothing. UGH.

So for the Jacob Cass RTWM, can you import one of the CAWs you downloaded or do you have to create a new one on the spot? I'd like to use an Austin Aries CAW for that.

Tendo

Something to note for people having trouble with reversals: you might be experiencing monitor lag and that's why your reversals miss.

I don't think that is the case, I have never felt any before and didn't have any issues in All Stars. How can I check though just in case?

Ok guys I just uploaded my story to WWE 12. The servers are kind of back up.
Please download it and play. Let me know if you enjoy it, and want me to continue.

It's called legend of mystico. GT is Liquidsnake00.

Thank you :)

TGMIII

Haven't played a wrestling game since Here comes the pain so I'm slightly interested in this. I noticed during the giantbomb QL there were a lot of empty character slots, are they unlockable or are they for upcoming DLC?

Haven't played a wrestling game since Here comes the pain so I'm slightly interested in this. I noticed during the giantbomb QL there were a lot of empty character slots, are they unlockable or are they for upcoming DLC?

Unlockable. DLC and CAW are selected via the silhouette icons at the bottom right and left hand sides.

regs

Picked it up on amazon, almost regretting I did, not sure if it's my controller or what but I cannot counter a thing or even kick out of a pin. I was the undertaker and just got beat by smash of demolition...

edit: adjusted the sliders doing better, but just need to get used to it. Haven't played a wwe game since 2006

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I would kill someone for a proper Gangrel entrance and the best I can do is Boogeyman's red smoke. At least I can upload his theme song

Picked it up on amazon, almost regretting I did, not sure if it's my controller or what but I cannot counter a thing or even kick out of a pin. I was the undertaker and just got beat by smash of demolition...

edit: adjusted the sliders doing better, but just need to get used to it. Haven't played a wwe game since 2006

That and they've just released the standard edition (no rock DLC code) for £28 in their sale today. ;\ Feel totally ripped.

JdFoX187

Banned
I've been using Sheamus quite a bit online. He's a pretty good beast on there too. So far enjoying the game much more than SvR '11, but I'm still leery on whether it'll top SvR '10 as the best recent wrestling game. They removed a lot of my old CAW moves and the predator tech is still a little wonky. I also sort of miss the over-the-top weapons physics of last game.

Just three questions if anyone could be so kind to answer them:

1) Can you throw someone out of the ring/off the HitC from moves in your regular grappling move set ie: choke toss, powerbomb, choke slam, F5 etc, like you could in HCtP or are there still invisible walls around the ring/cell (I don't mean ultimate control or special HitC/rope moves)?

2) Is the 24/7 or created player mode still as boring and one dimensional as last year (I'm also not meaning RtWM)?

3) Is the create-a-move's animations still as gimpy and restrictive as they always have been?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU @ these servers. Gotdamn, I just wanna download stuff, I'm not even trying to play online yet. Sometimes I can sign in and get where I'm going in one shot only for the server to die right at the search. Other times I can barely connect without 10 attempts. You'd think they would have this sorted out by now in the 3RD year of community creations. smh

Tendo

Just played about 5 more hours with my friends again. Still loving it, finally getting the hang of counters. I love hitting signatures into finishers. Feels great going from broski boot into the rough ryder, or spinebuster into peoples elbow. We had some real "TV" like moments too. This is my first real wrestling game since No Mercy and I am loving it. I was afraid it wouldn't be nearly as good as all stars - I was wrong. Not as "fun" as all stars but still an awesome game.

Any tips on submissions? When "Breaking Point" pops up and Im the one locking in the submission, they seem to break out of it SO FAST! Doesnt matter if I do nothing or slam A repeatedly or all the buttons.

In other news, I just had a match between Daniel Bryan and Mark Henry for the Championship, and it was probably one of the best video game wrestling matches Ive had since back in the fabled No Mercy days where my friends and I dropped countless hours. Match had Bryan working the body, Henry hit all the spots, hit his finisher, somehow kicked out at 2.5 (its so hard to get it right on the kickouts for me), and jumped up and immediately did a kick to the head, big man stumbled, roll up, 1-2-3.

The pacing of the match was just tremendous, lots of really good spots, the flow was great, etc. Too bad the highlight reel is shit! : ( But so far, still loving it!

Tendo

Any tips on submissions? When "Breaking Point" pops up and Im the one locking in the submission, they seem to break out of it SO FAST! Doesnt matter if I do nothing or slam A repeatedly or all the buttons.

In other news, I just had a match between Daniel Bryan and Mark Henry for the Championship, and it was probably one of the best video game wrestling matches Ive had since back in the fabled No Mercy days where my friends and I dropped countless hours. Match had Bryan working the body, Henry hit all the spots, hit his finisher, somehow kicked out at 2.5 (its so hard to get it right on the kickouts for me), and jumped up and immediately did a kick to the head, big man stumbled, roll up, 1-2-3.

The pacing of the match was just tremendous, lots of really good spots, the flow was great, etc. Too bad the highlight reel is shit! : ( But so far, still loving it!

Glad I'm not the only one that not only had that match but a similar "TV experience." I've had several in this game. Ricardo pulled the ropes and I fell out after hitting a GTS. Ref ejected him, I hopped in and stumbled in to an armbar. I barely made the ropes, turned around and hit the anacond vice for the submission win. Awesome stuff.

I'm 3 hours from live Smackdown next week...I want to go so bad.. UGH. Work...

Tendo

Don't forget (if the servers ever get fixed) to download legend if mystico.

Damn servers!!!!! No excuse thq no excuse!

I will as soon as they come up! I guess this is selling more than expected if the servers are getting hammered. Sucks though. I wanna download some created dudes :(

Just three questions if anyone could be so kind to answer them:

1) Can you throw someone out of the ring/off the HitC from moves in your regular grappling move set ie: choke toss, powerbomb, choke slam, F5 etc, like you could in HCtP or are there still invisible walls around the ring/cell (I don't mean ultimate control or special HitC/rope moves)?

2) Is the 24/7 or created player mode still as boring and one dimensional as last year (I'm also not meaning RtWM)?

3) Is the create-a-move's animations still as gimpy and restrictive as they always have been?

Anyone?

I had connection problems to the server as well but just keep trying to connect and you will eventually connect to the server to download caw's etc.

I was only able to download Kurt Angle, WCW Thunder arena, Impact arena, and the Legend of Mystico story (which is amazing so far.)

It's a pain to download anything right now. It took me almost an hour to even get anything.

Top Bottom