• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K15 |OT| Awww, Did Someone Not Get The Features They Wanted?

Hasney

On the topic of missing match types in WWE 2K15, the reason was that the PS4 and Xbox One versions had different physics. According to the developers, some match types didn’t translate well on the new physics engine. They’re hoping to find a way to rectify this by adding more match types to future games instead.

Lying sacks of shit. Why are they in Universe mode then?

Oddly enough, a handicap match I was booked in didn't seem to have any extra physics glitches that aren't in other matches.

if you thought there was a chance of them patching in the missing match types later...well...

giphy.gif

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/m...wont-be-patched-wont-included-future-patches/

At this point I had no hope.

I mean, the fucking match types are in the game. Just give us an option to select them.

Hasney

Can you elaborate on why that is? Is it because of the lack of match types? Something else?

Lack of match types, online being a joke if you like that in the previous games because there's even less and hard to play with your friends and randoms in the same match and the modes that we have are Universe mode which is exactly like 2k14 except for the fact you can choose the type of rivalry and career mode which is a simulator of Vicki Guerrero telling you they have nothing for you.

Showcase mode is a fun DVD of 2 good rivalries, but that's what, 2 hours? It's worth the price of a DVD.

Lrrr

if you thought there was a chance of them patching in the missing match types later...well...

giphy.gif

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/m...wont-be-patched-wont-included-future-patches/

I've borrowed this game and the first match I tried was a 6-man battle royal, but I couldn't select modifiers to make it "Pinfall Only", but how would allowing that specific match modifier mess with the physics? The game already allows 6 people in the ring. I see the 2K crew for WWE is just as big of liars as their NBA division.

Lrrr

I was watching a Royal Rumble match and I noticed a lot of framerate stuttering every time someone entered. Is that the norm?

I was watching a Royal Rumble match and I noticed a lot of framerate stuttering every time someone entered. Is that the norm?

I seem to have framerate issues some of the time. Then other times it will run smoothly.

I just had a 6 man ladder match that ran perfectly fine and then later did a 4-man tag match that stuttered.

Seems random.

New DLC on Tuesday apparently.

It's the Christian vs. Orton Showcase.

Hasney

I seem to have framerate issues some of the time. Then other times it will run smoothly.

I just had a 6 man ladder match that ran perfectly fine and then later did a 4-man tag match that stuttered.

Seems random.

New DLC on Tuesday apparently.

It's the Christian vs. Orton Showcase.

Looks like I'll be having One... More... Match...

Still can't believe Christian is fucking DLC, but at least I basically get the DVD of this awesome feud.

Lrrr

Yup. As soon as it starts loading in the next guy, it slows down like shit.

Seems random.

Well that sucks. It really goes to show the low-level of quality and polish Yukes has that even with the power of the PS4, they couldn't achieve a stable framerate.

Still can't believe Christian is fucking DLC, but at least I basically get the DVD of this awesome feud.

When it comes to DLC, nothing surprises me anymore from 2K.

Tried to play a couple matches with the kids tonight and couldn't even get the stupid game to load.
Tried turning off the Internet connection because (surprise) Sony is having network issues again. It would load to the point where it tells me that the online features won't work without a network connection and then I just get the transitional screen with Cena and the logo.

shanafan

Late to the party on this one.. Metacritic showing a 56 for the Xbox One version. Is it really that bad? I have WWE 13 for Wii, and WWE 2K14 for 360. Worth the upgrade?

FDC1

So the One More Match DLC is up, has anyone here already tried it? How many matches does it include?

Christian actually looks really good.

Edge... meh.

The rest are just duplicates of wrestlers already in the game with new attires.

I played the first match of the Showcase. It's pretty much what you would expect from a Showcase so far.

Hasney

Oh god, Christian has blacker eyes than tired CM Punk at the end of his run. He does look concussed, so that's realistic.

shanafan

Just ordered 2K15 for Xbox One off Amazon. I imagine there will not be a Sting preorder code, so should we expect Sting to be released as DLC at a later date?

shanafan

So picked up this game from Amazon for $32 for Xbox One. Being a fan of wrestling games going all the way back to Super Wrestlemania on the SNES, I always get excited for the new ones that come out. I actually thoroughly enjoy WWE 13 on the Wii.

Anyways, so I have played 3 matches of 2K15 and.. it's OK. My first match was Sting vs Dean Ambrose, standard singles match. I couldn't believe it, but there was actually slowdown and choppiness during the match at a few spots. I personally can't recall when I last played a choppy wrestling game.

Also, during the match, I got into a grapple with Dean and a tutorial popped up (pausing the match) about moving the analog stick, and finding the blue spot.. but I was like, get the hell out of here, lol. It was such a huge distraction to stop the match to show a tutorial that I was afraid it would happen again.

Graphically, it's pretty nice. But the gameplay, needs some work.

With all the shit, some of it legitimate, said about this game prior to release I have ended up playing about 50+ hours of WWE 2k15. I didn't expect that to happen considering the amount of content cut from the franchise to get the game out in November. I didn't think this game would hold me as much as it has but I have been having a lot of fun with Universe mode this year. Being able to assign specific rivalry feuds is a good idea.

Ultimately, the improved gameplay is notable. I love how matches play out this year and this is the first time they have managed to get the fatigue system just right. I don't even hate the lock pick grapple mechanic to start the match. Though, I did turn the slider down so it doesn't last too long. Having fairly realistic matches is a big reason I'm still playing this game.

There are the fair share of new animations but the old ones are still a nagging issue.

Graphical glitches exist but everything that you see in gifs and youtube videos doesn't really happen all that much. Most of my matches are clean when it comes to any sort of glitching. I only really ever having problems in gimmick matches and even then they are few and far between.

The nagging glitches tend to be with announcers and universe mode. The announcers always seem to get information wrong. They will refer to champions as challengers for the belt and sometimes declare a defending champion as a new one. There is a big universe story mode glitch that has a wrestler in the ring come out from backstage at the end of the match. It looks ridiculous.

I think for 2k16 they need to focus on getting all the missing content back in the game. I really need that create a diva and arena back in. From the looks of things there will probably be no custom soundtracks for 2k16. MLB 15: The Show still won't have Sounds of the Show this year so it seems like at least Sony won't be implementing that feature any time soon.

Otherwise, with the right sliders, this game has been pretty fun. The cut content still hurt the game incredibly though and the reviews were right to score the way they did.

There were a couple of things that 2k could have done to at least redeem themselves a little bit considering everything the cut. There was no excuse for not offering a patch with Rollins and Ambrose new music. They also should have patched in more match customization considering some of the missing match types pop up in Universe mode.

Gameplay wise this is probably the best we've had for a WWE game since Day of Reckoning 2.

Malalaw

For those possibly interested I started am interactive universe mode that I stream on twitch and we have 2 separate rosters going. Would love to get some gaffers involved in setting up rivalries and whatnot. Hit me up if interested.

Will all be streamed via twitch.

www.twitch.tv/deeptopgaming

Ambrose, punk, hbk, Daniel Bryan and Ziggler are taken already.

With all the shit, some of it legitimate, said about this game prior to release I have ended up playing about 50+ hours of WWE 2k15. I didn't expect that to happen considering the amount of content cut from the franchise to get the game out in November. I didn't think this game would hold me as much as it has but I have been having a lot of fun with Universe mode this year. Being able to assign specific rivalry feuds is a good idea.

Ultimately, the improved gameplay is notable. I love how matches play out this year and this is the first time they have managed to get the fatigue system just right. I don't even hate the lock pick grapple mechanic to start the match. Though, I did turn the slider down so it doesn't last too long. Having fairly realistic matches is a big reason I'm still playing this game.

There are the fair share of new animations but the old ones are still a nagging issue.

Graphical glitches exist but everything that you see in gifs and youtube videos doesn't really happen all that much. Most of my matches are clean when it comes to any sort of glitching. I only really ever having problems in gimmick matches and even then they are few and far between.

The nagging glitches tend to be with announcers and universe mode. The announcers always seem to get information wrong. They will refer to champions as challengers for the belt and sometimes declare a defending champion as a new one. There is a big universe story mode glitch that has a wrestler in the ring come out from backstage at the end of the match. It looks ridiculous.

I think for 2k16 they need to focus on getting all the missing content back in the game. I really need that create a diva and arena back in. From the looks of things there will probably be no custom soundtracks for 2k16. MLB 15: The Show still won't have Sounds of the Show this year so it seems like at least Sony won't be implementing that feature any time soon.

Otherwise, with the right sliders, this game has been pretty fun. The cut content still hurt the game incredibly though and the reviews were right to score the way they did.

There were a couple of things that 2k could have done to at least redeem themselves a little bit considering everything the cut. There was no excuse for not offering a patch with Rollins and Ambrose new music. They also should have patched in more match customization considering some of the missing match types pop up in Universe mode.

Gameplay wise this is probably the best we've had for a WWE game since Day of Reckoning 2.

I totally agree with this assessment.

shanafan

So I have been playing some more with this game, and liking it more and more, but the health bars are still strange to me. The different colors and percentages, I just want to know what they mean.

So I decided to Google the question, and the first result was from 2K's WWE 2K15 FAQ. Figured, great - right from the source. I click on the link, and read this..

What do the different letters in the bar with your energy/stamina mean?

When your momentum meter completely fills you are awarded a Signature (S icon). If you successfully perform your Signature, you will be awarded a Finisher (F).

Worst. FAQ. Ever.

At least I can Google other pages.. I mean really? That's the answer? You can't even get more generic than that.

EDIT: Thank you for this video 2K at least! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dWHgnxJ1tA

shanafan

EDIT: Thank you for this video 2K at least! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dWHgnxJ1tA

Yeah, I am quoting myself but that video was amazing. It really helped me understand the changes in 2K15, and just played my first match after and it was a ton of fun!

Question though.. running to a corner to get on top of the ropes is tough. It seems like walking to the corner, and then getting up works. So, can you run to the corner and in one motion, get on top?

Apparently they have made animation changes to Sami Zayn and Neville's entrances with the latest patch.

I don't get this? Are they not bothering to update Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose out of spite?

shanafan

1) How do I assign what titles are on what show? For example, I want the WCW US title on Smackdown. I tried to vacant the titles, and assign new champions, but that didn't work and I had to reset the Universe.

2) How do I change the World Title? I can't vacant it from Brock. I want to split it up too between shows.

3) I have a rivalry between Cena and Reigns. They had a scheduled match on Raw, but I changed the match's participants and completed it. Yet when Raw ended, the rivalry screen showed that the Cena/Reigns match still happened, even though it wasn't on the card. Huh?

4) I set up a European Title match between Kofi and Goldust. Kofi won to win the vacated title, but he doesn't appear under the list of Europeam champions under WWE.com section.

Rapstah

3) I have a rivalry between Cena and Reigns. They had a scheduled match on Raw, but I changed the match's participants and completed it. Yet when Raw ended, the rivalry screen showed that the Cena/Reigns match still happened, even though it wasn't on the card. Huh?

If it works like WWE 2k14, the game will always do rivalry matches regardless of if you remove them.

In 2k14, you would change the titles that are on a show by going into the schedule (where you remove and add shows and change PPVs) and going to the second or third tab of the settings on the show whose titles you want to modify.

shanafan

If it works like WWE 2k14, the game will always do rivalry matches regardless of if you remove them.

In 2k14, you would change the titles that are on a show by going into the schedule (where you remove and add shows and change PPVs) and going to the second or third tab of the settings on the show whose titles you want to modify.

Thanks, I will give it a shot.

You assign what belts are available for what shows when you're setting up a new show. You can change it on the fly as well. I can't remember the name of the menus but it's the one that lets you edit the name of a show.

To those who own it, is this game worth $39.99?

So boring, each time I put it in, I try to tell myself that it will all click and be that awesome experience; tried again last night and literally almost fell asleep playing the Shawn Michaels/HHH story mode.

I don't think it's worth $20 at this point, spend your time playing something else....And this is coming from a huge Wrasslin Fan.

Awesome! But how does it work exactly? I am a bit leery expecting every new order from Amazon or new copy from Best Buy or Gamestop to magically have a free season pass code all of a sudden. Do you just boot the game and somehow get the season pass free? If so, what would stop people who already own the game from getting the same freebie? Just trying to figure out how this all works. Don't want to get screwed if I buy the game.

joeposh

Awesome! But how does it work exactly? I am a bit leery expecting every new order from Amazon or new copy from Best Buy or Gamestop to magically have a free season pass code all of a sudden. Do you just boot the game and somehow get the season pass free? If so, what would stop people who already own the game from getting the same freebie? Just trying to figure out how this all works. Don't want to get screwed if I buy the game.

According to the listing on Amazon.com, they will email you a code within 24 hours.

Wish it was ALL DLC and not just the showcase matches. For a game this hobbled, it's tough to get excited about that kind of half measure at $40.

According to the listing on Amazon.com, they will email you a code within 24 hours.

Wish it was ALL DLC and not just the showcase matches. For a game this hobbled, it's tough to get excited about that kind of half measure at $40.
Yuck, you mean there's DLC outside of this?

Yeah, I'll pass.

Fuck 2K. I thought they were supposed to be an improvement over THQ? What the hell happened?!

Musolf815

Man, I was really tempted with the DLC being free but it's not even all the DLC? This game has been such a bummer as a long time fan of the series.

spoonztt

Hey guys, there's a tournament where I live with the prize being a trip for two to Summerslam which made me pick the game up. I have a few questions for the more experienced players.

1. Are their tiers in the game beyond the Superstar rating? Or should I just go for Cena, Daniel Bryan, Taker etc.
2. What's the most efficient way to beat down an opponent? Submission? Or just go for the big moves?
3. Are reversal timings character specific or are they related to classes such as heavyweight etc?

Hey guys, there's a tournament where I live with the prize being a trip for two to Summerslam which made me pick the game up. I have a few questions for the more experienced players.

1. Are their tiers in the game beyond the Superstar rating? Or should I just go for Cena, Daniel Bryan, Taker etc.
2. What's the most efficient way to beat down an opponent? Submission? Or just go for the big moves?
3. Are reversal timings character specific or are they related to classes such as heavyweight etc?

I would go Cena or any other character that has the comeback ability built in. Learn how to use it effectively as it can quickly bring you to a signature move that can then be turned into a finisher.

I would avoid submission based finishers or moves. I do not find them very effective in 2k15.

Reversal timing seems to be universal across the board. I haven't seen a difference in weight class.

Pick someone who has the default ability to roll out of the ring when down on the mat. If you see someone with comeback activated get out of the ring and take a breather. They will probably come after you but you may be able to get the drop on them at that point.

Make sure you pick someone with a good standing face forward finisher and signature. You don't want to have to think too much about positioning someone for a signature or finisher.

Top Bottom