• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2K15 |OT| Awww, Did Someone Not Get The Features They Wanted?

ovEp6RB.png

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Paid £12 for this. Regret every penny. It's fucking awful, if they patch it a ton it might be decent. Love the new stamina system.

strobogo

Banned
I Redboxed this again because they were running a free game rental promotion when I got my movie. Somehow it is even glitchier for me.

I had chairs get stuck in the middle of the ring standing up.

I had a cage match where the cage was invisible.

I tried to Irish whip someone from one corner to another only to have them run in a circle and end up back at the one they started in.

I had a guy hit with a ladder and roll up and down the apron in a glitched mess until someone bumped into him.

I had a show in Universe where every cut scene was the same.

This was within an hour.

Has anyone ever gone through and checked to see how many PS2 era animations there are still in the game? I was going through and saw a good 10 in front finishers alone, plus a couple that have the impact spliced with a mocap finish for some reason.

atomsk

Party Pooper
"Sales for the WWE 2K15 video game are said to be ahead of what they were at this time last year for the WWE 2K14 game."

Yukes must be thrilled

4HjuUQf.png

Hasney

http://rajah.com/node/44790

Just came in to post this.

I actually find it hard to believe as the PSN sales numbers gave me a different impression.

There seems to be quite a few people who got the 360/PS3 version as a stop gap, then the people who bought that version exclusively. It seems like the current gen versions are lagging behind a bit compared to other franchises, but the double-dippers made up for it.

Arooguy

Sorry about the camera quality, but I've been coming across some weird face glitches lately in this game.

Randy Orton has won the World Heavyweight Championship!
2014-12-21-18-27-36.png

Vintage Grumpy Cat!
2014-12-21-18-23-45.png

Randy Orton, the face of the WWE has a new face...
2014-12-21-17-11-44.png

I think I've played enough of this game.

So I haven't played a WWE game in forever but I have the sudden urge to play one. This one seems to be...lacking? Should I just go with 2k14? The roster looks a lot better and Wrestlemania mode looks cool. It's also cheaper. Is it pretty much the consensus that 2k15 was a step down?

Hasney

So I haven't played a WWE game in forever but I have the sudden urge to play one. This one seems to be...lacking? Should I just go with 2k14? The roster looks a lot better and Wrestlemania mode looks cool. It's also cheaper. Is it pretty much the consensus that 2k15 was a step down?

Yup. It's missing so much.

Hell, if you have a Wii knocking about, getting Day of Reckoning 2 on Gamecube would be my call.

WWE 14 is actually pretty fun with the custom features and best roster of all time. Its far from perfect but its probably the best version of the game since HCTP.

This game still hasn't dropped to 20 bucks for ps4?

Nah, lowest yet was Amazon with 40 for next gen ones. I bought it then by price matching at BB, really enjoying the in ring action and only play mycareer this far.

2k seems to be holding on the next generation sales tight for this and NBA.

Striker

Roster is absolute shit. Deal breaker to me was 2K removing the lobbies online along with being able to select a particular match and wrestler with your own settings. Here it seems like 2K is going for a sport-ish approach trying to emulate games like Madden or NBA 2K and it really is disappointing. The series up until 2K14 was about downloading cool arenas, CAWs, and having fun with a few friends. Not about some shitty ranks and online leaderboards.

stn

Got a quick one to ask. When you edit a regular superstar's attire it saves over a CAW slot, right? So, if you want to use that custom attire does it become a CAW or just an alternate attire for the superstar?

Hasney

Nah, the ones you edit yourself are just another attire by default. The ones you download need to be added as an alternate attire.

Rapstah

The PS4 version currently had issues. I'm assuming it's because PSN has problems. If you let it load for five or so minutes when it seems like it's locked up, it will eventually load and tell you online services (and your DLC) can't be accessed.

Maxios

So, the game is currently on sale. I'm considering picking it up, but I've heard it has less features than previous titles in the series. I haven't played a WWE game since WWE SmackDown! Shut Your Mouth, which I really enjoyed. Is this game as good as it, and (more importantly) should I purchase it?

So, the game is currently on sale. I'm considering picking it up, but I've heard it has less features than previous titles in the series. I haven't played a WWE game since WWE SmackDown! Shut Your Mouth, which I really enjoyed. Is this game as good as it, and (more importantly) should I purchase it?

No you shouldn't purchase this. Grab a copy of 2k14 at a cheap price and enjoy a better game.

Sephzilla

So I was gifted 2k15 for Christmas. I honestly have to say I think the gameplay is actually kind of fun - better than 2k14 (but that's not a huge accomplishment). Animations do seem to be a bit better. I like the stamina system and think it provides a few more true to TV moments. If the create-a-*blank* systems weren't completely bare bones in this game this would probably be the best WWE game in years.

No you shouldn't purchase this. Grab a copy of 2k14 at a cheap price and enjoy a better game.

I'll say without question that I think 2k15 is better than 2k14. But that's because 2k14 was a gigantic steaming pile of dogshit that was somehow worse than WWE 13. 2k15 at least feels like there's something to build off of.

So I was gifted 2k15 for Christmas. I honestly have to say I think the gameplay is actually kind of fun - better than 2k14 (but that's not a huge accomplishment). Animations do seem to be a bit better. I like the stamina system and think it provides a few more true to TV moments. If the create-a-*blank* systems weren't completely bare bones in this game this would probably be the best WWE game in years.

I'll say without question that I think 2k15 is better than 2k14. But that's because 2k14 was a gigantic steaming pile of dogshit that was somehow worse than WWE 13. 2k15 at least feels like there's something to build off of.

Legends roster, create a wrestler/ring options, and the story mode(Wrestlemania mode) are all better in 2k14. It also had fun modes like beat the streak. It was also much less glitchy and buggy for me than 2k15 when I played it.

Just get a PS2 and Here Comes The Pain.

Sephzilla

Legends roster, create a wrestler/ring options, and the story mode(Wrestlemania mode) are all better in 2k14. It also had fun modes like beat the streak. It was also much less glitchy and buggy for me than 2k15 when I played it.

I wont argue against the roster or creation options. 2k14 is better in those departments by a mile. Raw gameplay though, I think 2k15 is leagues better. 2k14 is practically unplayable for me. I also personally like MyCareer mode a lot. I'm having fun actually playing 2k15, which is something I cant say about 2k14 in the least. My highlight of 2k14 was doing AI matches and watching the horrible AI screw up everything.

One thing both games need to significantly improve upon is the actual arenas. The WrestleMania 30 arena looks like they stuffed everything into your average Raw basketball arena instead of the Superdome.

Verendus

Banned
WWE 2K14 is the right option for you I think. It's the best game in the series. It has a huge roster, and it's really great for local multiplayer because of the match customisation available. That allows you to really make the most of many match types since the developers haven't really done much to make them unique. 2K15's biggest flaw is the lack of match customisation and it's why I'd never recommend it. It's far too limited.

Also, before I forget. Fuck 2K Sports.

oddjobs

I don't know what the hell is wrong with me but I ended up buying the deluxe version even though the game's been somewhat unanimously shat upon.

Now it's installing slooooowly (like maybe 2 MB per minute?) even though I have 100 MB fiber and I'm stuck in that horrible demo mode.

gob-arrested-development-ive-made-a-huge-mistake-reaction-mistake-1397578267B.gif

Shit.

Striker

Playing NBA 2K15 and it has the same weird delay to animations once you press a button. It isn't constant, but every so often. Online also has the usual BS connections you'd expect from 2K.

Anymore, I think it would've been better if EA or someone else picked up the series.

Z_Y

Didn't realize this was on sale this week on XB1. Just bought the digital deluxe pack because I assumed the season pass included DLC wrestlers and the move pack. Just read the fine print and it doesn't. FML

Top Bottom