• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WWE 2k18 Announced For Switch

shanafan

Typically, game publishers like Take2 and enormous developers like 2K Games, have discrete development and marketing teams. That the marketing cycle is behind for a perennially disappointing game, as the WWE 2K series has been for almost a decade, is not usually a good sign.

Similarly, Madden '18 has been far behind as well on the marketing cycle, though there was open gameplay back during E3, EA just hasn't allowed any of it to be released.

Depends on who you ask. For a wrestling fan, I believe the games really do deliver a fun experience. I haven't been disappointed with a wrestling game in a long time - I think Royal Rumble on Dreamcast wasn't good. But, the 2K series has been a lot of fun. To each their own ;)

Ban Puncher

QjCUZHG.gif

Eight superstar matches in the Switch version. Sounds like they are shipping this feature complete along side PS4/XB1.

I believe NBA 2k is the same as well. Sort of puts FIFA to shame.
Eh not really. What's missing from FIFA is basically the story mode and that's only because it was developed in an entirely different engine. It's as feature complete as anyone could reasonably expect.

Wow, sweet. I used to enjoy the games on the PSP, was gutted when they pulled all of them from the PS Store after THQ went under.

Oersted

Thread off to a great start. Anyway, good news. Btw, do we know what Syn Sophia is up to? A return to Wrasslin games by them would be nice.

Hasney

Sounds like the Switch version is feature complete at least. Now just to see how it stacks up in performance.

If this game can somehow be decent, I could be all about it. I haven't enjoyed a wrestling game since the No Mercy days but I am definitely curious about this.

bigkrev

I played an UNGODLY amount of Smackdown vs Raw 2006 on PSP- it's announcement was what made me pull the trigger on the platform!

I'm assuming it's the PS3/360 version, but i'm totally fine paying $48 for this at either BB/Amazon.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
My one major concern is hard drive space for CAWs.

Bazry

I played an UNGODLY amount of Smackdown vs Raw 2006 on PSP- it's announcement was what made me pull the trigger on the platform!

I'm assuming it's the PS3/360 version, but i'm totally fine paying $48 for this at either BB/Amazon.

Is that the one that had a loading screen for the loading screen?

Pokemaniac

Eh not really. What's missing from FIFA is basically the story mode and that's only because it was developed in an entirely different engine. It's as feature complete as anyone could reasonably expect.

Eh, Frostbite getting ported to the Switch shouldn't be an unreasonable expectation.

It is, since EA seems allergic to Nintendo or something, but that's besides the point.

bigkrev

Is that the one that had a loading screen for the loading screen?

If you were doing a CAW v CAW match, after selecting characters, it would be 2 minute load for 1st entrance, than another 2 minute load for the next entrant, and then a 2 minute load for the actual match

Eradicate

HcmnnvO.gif

I'm ready!

Eight superstar matches in the Switch version. Sounds like they are shipping this feature complete along side PS4/XB1.

I believe NBA 2k is the same as well. Sort of puts FIFA to shame.

It sounds complete, like you said, so hopefully this is true and pans out! It's been a long time coming!

LOL!!! Awesome!

No Trump no buy.

Make America wrestle again!

I haven't bought a wrestling game in years (PS2 I think?) but I'm buying this. Doesn't even need to be amazing. Whatever it takes to encourage more 3rd party on Switch.

shanafan

Curious.. with third party titles, can I upload gameplay footage to YouTube WITHOUT a Nintendo partner account?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
I'm happy to see WWE 2K18, but I have a sincere question: why didn't 2K announce the Switch version alongside the others?

I'm happy to see WWE 2K18, but I have a sincere question: why didn't 2K announce the Switch version alongside the others?

I guess they wanted to give it separate exposure since it's a big deal.

Might as well spread out your announcements if you can to keep your product in the news.

18-Volt

Awesome. Been playing handheld WWE games since first one for GBA in 2001 (I guess it was Wrestlemania X8) it'll be glorious to return to it on Switch. Plus, I couldn't get anyone at work to plat MK or Arms but this will change everyone's minds.

If you were doing a CAW v CAW match, after selecting characters, it would be 2 minute load for 1st entrance, than another 2 minute load for the next entrant, and then a 2 minute load for the actual match

Which game is that? I have WWE 2K14 for PS3 and WWE 2K15 for PS4 but none of them that long loading times for CAWs.

Hasney

That trailer with Rollins was...enh

I know he's the cover star but they should've just gotten Xavier Woods because at least he doesn't have to fake his excitement for video games

... Seth Rollins plays games.

Probably anyone would have to fake their excitement for this series though.

shanafan

That trailer with Rollins was...enh

I know he's the cover star but they should've just gotten Xavier Woods because at least he doesn't have to fake his excitement for video games

Seth Rollins plays a lot of video games. Watch UpUpDownDown with Austin Creed (Xavier Woods). I think he's the reigning two-time Madden champion.

Ban Puncher

Miiverse posts would of made for great audience signs.

Or something similar to how Splatoon 2 is handling user art now that Miiverse is gone.

I'm guessing they announced this today because the wrestling video game fans are all talking about fire pro coming out today?

Either way I'll be double dipping for PS4 and switch. Played a lot of 16 and 17 on my vita so I can't wait

BiggNife

... Seth Rollins plays games.

Probably anyone would have to fake their excitement for this series though.
Seth Rollins plays a lot of video games. Watch UpUpDownDown with Austin Creed (Xavier Woods). I think he's the reigning two-time Madden champion.

Fair enough, I watch UUDD here and there but I haven't watched a ton. My bad.

The 2K18 Switch trailer just felt so fake, though. Meanwhile I feel like Woods could make you believe he was hyped about a toaster.

Top Bottom